Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ A Tale Of Two Gumis ❯ Mornin' sleepy ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Present day
 
Leader had been asleep for only a few hours, but it was time for her to wake up. Too much was going on and relaxing was out of the question. Soon, she found herself back in the `Observation Pavilion' with its beautifully carved ceiling, which enhanced a person's ability to see visions. And upon entering, she spied Helios curled fast asleep on a pillow somewhere near the center of the pavilion.
 
//Hn . . . he didn't even leave last night to go to bed. What a dedicated Priest you are Helios; much more so then your predecessor.//
 
Shaking her head, she moved quietly over to him to ensure that the Maynards had covered him with blankets for warmth. When she noticed one was there, she smiled. The Maynards were obviously used to this sort of behavior from their priest. Nevertheless, she would not immediately disturb him. Instead, she went over to a window to look at the false sky and its beautiful purple-blue hues. It bathed her face in an eerie glow and yet created a, somewhat, natural warmth.
 
*This is a peaceful place,* she thought somewhat solemnly. *And yet, so lonely. It must be hard for you Helios, being here with no one to talk to.*
 
Just then, Helios stirred and sat up with a tired yawn. When he noticed Leader standing a few feet away, he immediately jumped to his feet and bowed apologetically.
 
“Lady! Gomen!” he cried. “If I had known that you were here, I would not have remained asleep!”
 
Leader turned to him and smiled. “I didn't come here to wake you, Helios,” she told him, her voice possessing a teasing tone. “In fact, I was very careful not to wake you. I merely wanted another look in here.” She shrugged. “Besides, did I not instruct you not to call me `Lady'?”
 
Helios regarded her. “Demo, I cannot call you Leader!” he cried. “For, whenever I see you, I see the one who has saved Elysian so many times! I had started calling you `Lady' in my head long before you had awoken. Onegai, allow me to continue to call you Lady?”
 
Leader regarded him with a gentle, appreciative smile. His eyes were pleading, begging to be understood.
 
“Very well,” Leader said with an exasperated huff. “Call me what you will. Now, are you recovered enough from last night to begin our search of the past?”
 
“Of course,” he says eagerly and crosses to the center of the room.
 
“First, shall we see to breakfast?” Leader said, grinning at his eagerness as she turned and clapped her hands together. “We can't search properly on empty stomachs, ne? Then we'll start at the beginning of the Tokugawa Era and move forward from there.”
 
Helios stared at her a moment, and then sighed. “Hai, Lady,” he said resignedly, but still joined her even as the Maynards bustled into the room for their orders.