Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ A Tale Of Two Gumis ❯ Now What? ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Present Day Elysian
 
Leader shook her head slightly bringing herself forcibly back to the present. “Yes, Helios it's them. Could you lock this time frame in your memory so we can decide when I should go back too?”
 
“It's easily done Lady,” replied Helios confidently. “Demo I would like to accompany you to the past.
 
“Iie, Helios I can't take you with me. Remember you were awake and watching the whole world at that time. It would confuse your soul too much to have you be there and would leave this era unlooked after what with the scouts being in the past; no I need you to send a signal to Princess Kinmoku(1) and ask for her and her Scouts aid in guarding this system until I return here with Princess Serenity and her guards.” Leader said and shook her head in regret. “As much as I would love to have your help in this matter I cannot leave this time unprotected.”
 
Helios bowed his head in understanding, but his face fell with disappointment. He had been looking forward to seeing his Small Lady again. “What should I tell her, Lady?” he asked quietly as he looked up at her again.
 
“Tell her `The Light of Stars has once again gone dim. The Seals are broken and the Night will cover all.” Leader answered and at Helios' questioning look she continued, “It's an ancient code and to speak of the true meaning is to bring disaster.”
 
* * * * * * * * * * *
 
Also in the Present but in the Universe of Chaos
 
“I have found them once more my lord,” said the young man, his hair curiously bright against the backdrop of pure unadulterated darkness.
 
“Good,” hissed the shadow form of the Lord of Chaos. “Follow them and bring them to their knees. But do not allow them to know that it is you. At least not yet. I wish to see them writhe before making the final kill. They have thwarted us long enough.”
 
“As my master commands,” the soft, almost gentle voice replied. The owner of the voice fell to one knee, displaying his devotion to his lord and master as his silver hair fell over brilliant green eyes. It seemed a contrast in some ways; his beauty being at odds with his cold demeanor.
 
“With my master's permission I shall travel into the past there. It may take me sometime to find the appropriate diversions for them, however.”
 
“Take as much time as you need, there is no need to be hasty. After all haste makes waste. And I do so hate waste.”
 
Then without warning the creature was gone, leaving that strange growling laughter in its wake.
 
“Well, now I have the Master's permission to play as long as I want.” Turning around he waved his hand and watched as his targets laughed at the antics of children.