Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ A Tale Of Two Gumis ❯ We Found Them ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Present Day Elysian….
 
“Lady I think I've found something! But I'm so tired I need you to confirm it.” Helios' voice called softly to the other side of the Pavilion, on the night of their third day of searching.
 
Carefully, so as not to disturb his vision, Leader made her way over to Helios and laying her hand on his shoulder she looked at the scene before them. She easily recognized the Princess. Her golden hair pulled up in those unmistakable buns and ponytails were hard to miss. It was the traditional style of the Queens and Princesses of Silver Millennium. She was leaning against none other then the Prince of Earth Endymion, looking over at three figures laughing and squirming, her face open and laughing. Looking at the scene again she is startled to recognize four other figures.
 
“Pluto, Neptune, Saturn, Uranus…” She trailed off staring in wonderment at the four who had taken over part of her duties. Shocked to discover them with the Princess instead of at their posts, her hand reached towards them as she remembered the first and last time she met Uranus and Neptune…
 
 
Unknown Time Silver Millennium
 
She could barely remember how she got here, but she woke up to find herself looking into Pluto's worried face. She hurt everywhere and so she knew she was severely injured. Her right shoulder was definitely dislocated and she had a number of cuts and gashes crisscrossing her entire body.
 
//But I finally did it. I finally sealed him// she thought sighing as she realized Pluto was speaking to her urgently.
 
“Hai, Pluto I'll live,” Leader reassured the younger scout.
 
“Pluto, I need you to contact the Queen for me, please,” Leader said in a tired, pain filled voice.
 
“Hai, Leader-sama,” Pluto replied, “I'll fetch her immediately. Demo, why don't you go to the infirmary first?”
 
“Iie, I cannot allow anyone but you and the Queen to see me now.” Intending to say more she was startled when Pluto held up her hand for silence listening intently.
 
“Uranus, Neptune,” Pluto's voice called softly to the two hidden behind the door. “Please, come in here.”
 
Hesitantly, the two frightened young scouts pushed open the door and entered. She watched half-way amused as the two younglings took in the sight of her. They were so funny wearing, as they were, identical looks of shock mingled with horror.
 
Both were obviously frozen, unable to move or say anything until Pluto snapped at them with orders. “Neptune?” said Pluto's voice, snapping both younglings out of their obvious trance. “Would you please fetch Queen Serenity? Tell her that Leader has returned . . . and she is gravely injured.”
 
“H-Hai!” replied the one called Neptune with a little unease, but she obediently rushed from the room.
 
“Uranus,” said Pluto again as Neptune disappeared down the hall, and the blonde turned to her eagerly. “Go to the bathroom and look for a large black box. Once you find it, bring it back here, onegai.”
 
While they waited for Uranus to return with the medical supplies Pluto applied pressure to the worst of the wounds and filled Leader in about the two that had found them.
 
“Neptune's the cool one. She always follows orders and is a very easy patient. She's the complete opposite of her partner. Uranus is fire, fast as the wind, determined to finish whatever she starts. According to Orion she's the best weapons student he's had in centuries. She's devoted herself to the art so completely that Serenity actually threatened to tie her to a bed in the infirmary just so she would allow herself to heal fully before training again. She's so good that she's actually working on creating a new sword style. It's seems she's come up with one or two new tricks that work and has decided to expand on them. Orion, surprisingly, is letting her do it using himself as the practice dummy.”
 
This last comment earned a soft chuckle from Leader.
 
Just then, Uranus came back with the heavy med kit in her arms.
 
“HURRY! Bring that here!” Pluto snapped urgently when she noticed Uranus standing in the doorway.
 
“H-Hai!” Uranus replied and hurried over with the box in her arms. In a few seconds, she had reached Pluto's side and set the box on the ground next to Pluto within easy reach of her arm.
 
“Arigotou,” said Pluto distractedly and quickly opened it as Uranus watched. It obviously surprised Uranus to see what was in the box. What did the youngling think was in there? Magic potion? Pluto placed gauze over the worst of her wounds, and then looked at Uranus. Finally understanding what was needed of her, Uranus took the rolls of wrap and gently started winding them around the woman's injuries.
 
It took several minutes, but when Pluto and Uranus were finished, the door to the fourth dimension opened again. All three turned to look as Queen Serenity stepped in with Neptune close behind her.
 
 
AN: Yes I know it's the same scene from a different point of view. Who knows I may decide to show it from Pluto and Michiru's p.o.v. as well. Each will show a different aspect of the same and give you a little more insight into the past. I may even decide to show you more of what happened. Who knows? After all, this story was conceived and continues to grow in my dreams.