Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Past Reawakened ❯ Chapter 1: Ami's arrival ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 1.

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the anime mentioned in this fic.

Time frame: After Battle City.

************************************************************ **************** *********

Chapter 1

Ami's arrival and a slight look at Yuugi's problem

In Domino City

Yuugi had been ignored by his friends after Yami got a temporary body. At first, it was alright, since Yami had been trapped in the Puzzle for the last 500 (or is it 5000?) years, he needed some time to get adjusted to the new technology. But, as time went on, his friends started abandoning him, in favor of the darker half's company. This had been going on for the past few weeks.

Today, it was no different. Yuugi could only watch as the group went on to the arcade with Yami, heck, even Ryou only nodded in acknowledgement. Hanging his head dejectedly, he went back home to Grandpa's Game Shop.

@@@@ Meanwhile @@@@

Ami had arrived in Domino City an hour earlier. She had met up with Isis and Shadi in Isis's museum. Shadi had invited her in the underground basement of the museum. After testing her, Shadi was convinced that Pluto had chosen the right person. Handling the Millennium Scales to her, Shadi was surprised when she could use it effectively. Isis had nodded in acknowledgement at the ice scout, obviously accepting the girl into her circle of protectors. Ami smiled, before transforming into her Celestial form. Shadi and Isis watched in awe after the transformation was complete. Isis gasped at the amount of magic and power that had emitted from the Celestial guardian. Tapping on her tiara, Mercury Guardian detransformed.

When asked about her family, Ami stiffened before revealing her past before she came. Closing her eyes, Ami related on how she was discovered as the scout of Mercury by Luna, how they died and were revived after defeating each Master of Darkness, and finally the betrayal by the Moon Princess. At the end of it, Ami had started sobbing softly.

Isis had cradled the ice scout to her chest, allowing her to cry. After a few minutes, Ami dried her tears. Just then, Pluto appeared. Informing them the Serena was still struggling to escape from the dark side of the universe the Mercurian guardian had cast her in, Pluto warned them that it won't be long before she finally escapes and finds them. Ami nodded. She knew she had to be prepared, Serena was as dangerous as she was power- hungry. After taking the oath, Ami was officially named as the second protector of the Millennium Items. Then, she bid the 2 farewell and headed to find the grandfather she had not contracted for the last 6 years.

@@@@ At Grandpa's Game Shop @@@@

Yuugi had walked into the Game Shop, head down. Yuugi had shrugged his shoulders, brushing off his grandfather when Grandpa questioned him about it. Then, he went up to his room. Just then, Ami stepped into the Game Shop. "Hi, grandpa, it has been a long time." Ami said, smiling gently at the dumbstruck elderly man.

Solomon Motou's eyes widened at the girl before him. His only other grandchild, whom he has lost contract for the last 6 years, was standing in front of him. Getting over his shock, Solomon came out of the register counter and hugged the teenaged girl. "Ami, it has been a long time. What are you doing here?" Solomon asked. Ami sighed, "Long story, grandpa, mum was killed in the line of duty. And you know how dad is." Solomon nodded, Ami and Yuugi were fraternal cousins, and their fathers were brothers. Yuugi had taken his mother's maiden name, while Ami had taken up her father's. Solomon then arranged Ami to stay in the arctic. Ami gently nodded and went upstairs.

On her way up, Ami had heard someone sobbing softly. Frowning, Ami pushed opened Yuugi's bedroom door, only to find Yuugi was slumped at the side of his bed, crying. "Tears don't suit you, little cousin." Ami voiced. Yuugi's head snapped back at the voice. Widening his eyes in shock, he stuttered, "Ami?" The said girl nodded a gentle and comforting smile on her face. Kneeling down to Yuugi's height, Ami had cradled him to her chest, just like Isis had done. After a few minutes, Yuugi had stopped crying. Looking up at his cousin, Yuugi asked, "What are you doing here, Ami?" "I'm staying here, for good." Ami replied, patting Yuugi's head in a sisterly manner. "So, what's wrong?" Ami asked, automatically concerned for her fragile cousin. Ami immediately winced when Yuugi started crying again. Sensing that it was a very sensitive subject for him, Ami had allowed Yuugi to cry some more, hugging him close.

A few hours later, the crying and comforting circle was halted when Solomon shouted, "Dinner!" Breaking off from the comforting hug Ami had encircled him in, Yuugi dried his last tears and went down along with her. In the midst of dinner, Yami came in. He was met by 1 concerned look (grandpa), 1 upset look (Yuugi) and 1 confused look (Ami). He looked at Solomon questioningly, a pointedly look at Ami. Solomon immediately cleared his throat, "Yami, this is Yuugi's cousin, Ami. Ami, Yami." Yami nodded in acknowledgement, sensing a strong aura of magic from her. "Yuugi's dark half, I presume? Don't worry, I know about the Millennium Items." Ami replied, ignoring the 3 shocked faces at the dinning table.

After dinner, Ami went back into her room and was about to shut the door, when Yami blocked her attempt.

Boring ice-cold eyes into the scout, Yami demanded, "Explain."

"Looks like Shadi never mentioned me to you, Pharaoh. I'm the second protector of the Millennium Items. I possess the Millennium Scales."

Yami's eyes widened, "Isn't the second protector a Celestial?" he questioned.

Ami nodded. "I'm a Celestial, the Celestial guardian of Mercury."

"A planetary guardian? Interesting." Yami commented.

According to legend, the planetary guardians have immense powers, so much that their powers are often compared to the gods. There were only few planetary guardians whose powers actually equaled to the gods.

Turning her back towards the ex-Pharaoh, Ami replied, "I suggest you'd better go back to the Puzzle. Yuugi has school tomorrow." Yami nodded and stepped out of her room.

Whispering a silent prayer to her mother planet, Ami gave one last glance at the photograph on the study table before going to sleep.

*********************************************************** ***************** **********

SailorStar9: Gee, that was short. Chapter 3: More of Yuugi's problems appear in school and Ami takes care of them.