Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Ryou and Ami ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

We introduce the two main characters of the story.

Oh no! The happy couple gets separated by the witch.

F.Y.I, this is set in the medieval times, I think.

Chapter 2

Separation

Now there was a maiden whose name was Ami. She was prettier than all the pretty maidens that were ever seen, and a shepherd whose name was Ryou, he was very fond of her, and they were soon to be married.

One day, they went out on a walk in the woods, so that they might be alone. Ryou said, "We must be careful that we don't go too near to the castle." It was a beautiful evening. The last rays of the setting sun shone bright through the long stems of the trees, upon the green underwood beneath, and the turtledoves sang plaintively from the tall birches.

Ami sat down to gaze upon the sun and Ryou sat down by her. The both felt sad, they do not know why, but it seemed as if they were to be parted from one another forever. They had wandered a long way. When they looked to see which way they should go, they found themselves at a loss as to which path to take.

The sun was setting fast and already half of its circle had disappeared behind the hill. Ryou had suddenly looked behind him, and as he saw through the bushes, he realized that they had unknowingly sat down close to the old walls of the castle. Ryou shrank in fear, turned pale, and trembled. Ami was singing,

The ring-dove sang from the willow spray,

Well-a-day! Well-a-day!

He mourned for the fate

Of his lovely mate

Well-a-day!

The song creased suddenly. Ryou turned to see that his Ami had changed into a nightingale, so her song was a mournful jug, jug. An owl with fiery eyes flew thrice around them, and screamed Tu whu! Three times. Ryou could not move. He stood fixed as a stone, and could neither weep, nor speak, nor stir hand or foot. The sun had set and the gloomy night came. The owl flew into a bush, and a moment later, the witch came forth.

She mumbled something to herself, seized the nightingale and went her way. Poor Ryou saw that the nightingale was gone - but what can he do? He could not move from the spot where he stood. At last, the witch came back, and sung with a hoarse voice,

Till the prisoner's fast,

And her doom is cast,

There stay! Oh, stay!

When the charm is around her,

And the spell has bound her, Hie away! Away!

On a sudden, Ryou found himself free. Then he fell on his knees before the witch, and praved her to give him back his dear Ami, but she said he should never see her again, and went her way.

He prayed, wept and sorrowed, but all in vain.

"Alas! What will become of me?" he said.

SailorStar9: *Sob* I hate typing this! *Wah!*

*Sniff* Review people!

Disclaimer: Dun own, dun sue.