Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Battle of Hearts ❯ Test Three ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: yada yada yada….you know what goes here….

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: Ok here's another chapter! Sorry that it took so long I had midterms and I went on some huge trip and had to do make up work for like 3 weeks! It was crazy! Besides this was a really hard chapter to write with all the action and stuff. Oh and Yugi fans, he's back in!

Yugi: Yey!!!!!!!! I'm popular!!!!!

Yami: Don't get ahead of yourself, there Yugi.

Joey: Yea Yug you're not THAT popular.

Yugi: What do you mea "I'm not popular?" I'm cute, funny, and ….and… hot! *starts to look at self in mirror*

Everyone: -_-0

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^

Yami slowly closed his eyes as he and the others waiting in their holding cell. Tea rested against the wall across from him, and Joey and Pluto leaned against the wall. Pluto seemed to be contentrating on her orb again. They we're growing tired of the long day that they had faced and were individually drifting off into deep sleeps. Tea fell asleep first, then, Joey, while Pluto continued to search for something in the orb. By now Yami couldn't stay awake any longer, and he tried to think of the only thing that he could think of that would kept him from drifting off.

"Amari…" he said just before he let the sleep take over his worn out body, leaning against the golden wall.

*~*~*~*~*~*~Yami's Dream*~*~*~*~*~

"So this is it huh?" asked Princess Amari, trying to force a smile on her face.

Pharaoh Yami didn't answer, but he took Amari's hands in his. He couldn't bare to see her like this. The warm smile that he had always charished on Amari's sweet face was gone. Her blue dress flowed to the ground, flawless, but he still couldn't escape the glossy look in her eyes. They showed a sense of feeling that he ver rarely saw in her. He stroked her hands and tried to avoid her stare.

"Will I ever see you again?" he asked softly.

"I'm afraid not… It-It is time for me to fulfill my duties of being princess of the Universe."

"There has to be another way!" he said, fighting the tears.

"There isn't Yami… this is the only way that I can save everyone… please, don't-don't make this harder than it already is," she said as tears began to fill her eyes. She turned her back to him trying to hide her face as a single tear fell from her eyes.

Yami stared at her bare shoulders, and ran a finger through her soft brown hair, then he rested his hands on her shoulders.

"I…I just don't want anything to happen to you. I care for you too much," he said, rubbing his thumbs against her soft skin, then he turned her around, so that he could see her face. Seeing that she was lightly crying he reached up and wiped away her tears.

"Yami…?" she said softly as she took his hand from her cheek and brought it down to her chest where their promise necklace lay. He rested it there in confusion of what she meant by it, as Princess Amari reached underneath her hair to the back of her neck to take the necklace off. Then she handed it to him, and closed his hand up for him. Yami brought his hand back to him and glanced at the necklace, still confused.

"I want you to have it," she said motioning to the necklace.

"But why? I gave it to you,"

"I know but I want for you to have it back so that you can remember me by it and remember what we had."

Yami looked into his hand and observed the golden rose with the blue gems stones on it's pedals. He couldn't believe that this was happening, in just a couple hours Amari would be out of his life forever, and he'd never see her again.

"Yami I…"

"A thousand pardons my pharaoh and princess, but I'm afraid it's time for Princess Amari to return home," said a servant, who had slipped into the garden. Amari looked at the servant and nodded, while Yami continued to stare at the necklace in his hands.

After the servant left, Amari turned back to Yami. Then as if she just remembered something she quickly turned around and took a folded up letter off of a small stone that helped hold the fountain together (that was in the garden). Then she turned back around and handed the letter to Yami.

"What's this?" he asked looking the letter over.

"It'll tell you everything…" she said softly.

"About what--?" he asked but he was cut off when Amari put her finger on over his lips to silence him.

"Shhhh…." Then she leaned in a kissed his soft lips, then she nuzzled his nose and kissed him again but with more passion that before. Yami kissed back and cupped her face in his hands, never wanting the kiss to end. Then suddenly something came to his realization and he quickly broke the kiss. Then he pressed his forehead against her's, breathing heavily.

"I can't," he said to her, staring into her eyes.

"What? Can't do what?" Amari asked slightly confused, still concentrating on his lips then to his stare on her.

"I can't…I can't let you go… not like this…" he said softly, resisting the temptation to kiss her again.

Amari gave a slight smile of his stubbornness. "Yami…" she whispered, "…Goodbye…" Then she kissed him one last time with all the passion that she had left in her, then broke apart. And in that final moment she stared into his violet eyes as if lost in them. Then she reached up and stroked his cheek, just before she turned her back to him and started to walk off.

Suddenly Yami grabbed her hand, making her turn around and look at him in confusion. He wanted her to stay so badly that it hurt, and in some way Amari knew how he was feeling. She gave him a sweet reasurring smile, and began to walk away again not taking her eyes off of his.

Then when they were too far to hold hands any longer, they let go still not taking their eyes off of one another. Amari rounded a pillar leading out of the garden and took one final glance at the one person she loved and then left his sight forever.

~~~~~~~Hours later~~~~~

A servant was running down the corridors of the Egyptian place heading for the throne room. Once he had reached his destination he looked around for someone but only found an empty throne.

"What's the pharaoh?" he asked hurridly. A woman servant quickly pointed in the direction of Yami's room.

Once the servant had reached Yami's bedroom he quickly knocked.

"Come in," came Yami's voice from the other side of the door.

The servant quickly stepped into the large bedroom and found Yami sitting on the balcony's stone railing, leaning against the palaces stone wall, staring off into the distance over the desert's pyramids. In one hand he was holding Amari's necklace and a white flower in the other. The servant quickly rushed over to him and whispered something in the young pharaoh's ear.

"What? Now?" asked Yami, a little surprised.

"Yes your highness, as we speak she is undergoing the attack, and from the looks of it…" the servant trailed off.

"What? Tell me! I must know! Is she going to be alright? Will she make it?"

"Well from the looks of it… she's growing weak with her powers and the attack is over throwing her, she can barely control it…."

"And…? AND?" Yami asked urging him to go on.

"I'm… I'm sorry your highness…" the servant had finally said. At that moment Yami's hopes shaddered. Then he got off of the railing and walked back into his bedroom starring at the floor, in shock of what was just said. He ran his hands through his hair, fighting the tears. He sat on his bed starring at the wall beside it. Then his eyes drifted to the letter that Amari had given him earlier. He quickly reached for it and took it to his lap, running his fingers along the edges feeling the paper's texture. He could still smell Amari's sweet sent on it. Then he slowly opened the letter and read:

My Beloved Yami,

If you are reading this then I am gone or that I'm soon to be. I hope that you can forgive me for leaving you. I never meant to hurt you. Please don't cry. You must be strong. It was my destiny from the beginning and I can't escape that, just like you can never escape being pharaoh. Don't try to. You and I both know that we can never escape our destinies, even if it comes to life and death. I just wanted you to know that no one can ever replace you in my heart. I'll never forget you Pharaoh Yami and I know that you'll never forget me. Even though my life might be over my spirit and love for you will always remain. I love you Pharaoh Yami, and I always will. Goodbye, my love.

Love, Amari

After Yami was finished, he slowly looked up and out of his window. Then he slowly got up and walked out to his balcony, just as the servant slipped away unnoticed knowing that the pharaoh wanted to be alone.

Yami felt the wind blow through his hair and caress his cheek. He stared off into the distance with sad eyes. *Love….I never really thought of it before…* Then he looked up at the sky just in time to see a slight glimmer of light, as if a shining star, but the light was blue, and immediately Yami knew who it was. The wind quickly blew harder than ever, and Yami knew that something was terribly wrong. Then something came to his realization and he fell to his knees.

"Amari…I'm sorry…" he said, staring at the blue star "I'm so sorry! I-I never got a chance to-to tell you that…." A large lump formed in his throat. "…to tell you that I love you…."

And at that moment a single tear fell, along with Amari's necklace and white flower to the floor.

"I love you Amari… I love you…"

*~*~*~*~*End of Dream*~*~*~*~*~*~

Yami's eyes snapped open and he quickly looked around alert. Pluto was still staring deeply into her orb and Tea and Joey were still in the same spots that they were in before, fast asleep.

Yami slowly relaxed. *oh good it was only a dream…or was it?* he asked himself curiously. Then he rested his head back against the wall, and stared up at the ceiling.

"Yugi, Amari…. I have to get both of you back, before it's too late…" he said.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Universe stumbled through the large doors, by now she could barely walk. The last two tests had left her weak and wounded, and now she couldn't go on. She continued to stumble as the large doors closed behind her, and she walked into another place of darkness. She breathed heavily, and fell to her knees. *I'm…so tired…* she said in her mind. Then she let the rest of her body fall to the ground.

"Yugi…" she said just before she passed out.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yugi was thrown into some sort of cage, and landed with a thud. He quickly got up and turned to face a bar door blocking his way out. He glared at Polaris, and Polaris returned his glares with an evil smirk.

"Let me out of here!" he shouted, "I have to help my sister!"

Polaris's smirk faded and he turned around to leave.

"You don't understand! She and Grandpa are the only family it got! Why are you doing this?" continued Yugi.

Polaris continued to walk, trying to ignore Yugi.

"She needs me! She's my sist--!"

"Your sister is the one that got you into this mess!" shouted Polaris back, as he turned around oviously annoyed. Polaris's shouting left Yugi speechless. Polaris smirked again and walked back to his captive, "If it wasn't for your beloved sister, then you'd be home playing with your little cards. If it wasn't for you sister, your grandpa wouldn't be hurt AND if it wasn't for you sister I'd be the strongest most powerful being in the universe!!!! YOUR SISTER PUT YOU INTO THIS MESS AND SHE CAN GET YOU OUT OF IT!!!!" he shouted back inraged, then he began to cool off a little, "…but she'll have to come through me first…" he said walking away with another smirk on his face. Then he vanished into the darkness, leaving Yugi wide eyed of what rage lied deep inside Amari's enemy.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Amari slowly opened her eyes, expecting to see the familiar darkness that she had grown used to. But when she looked up she could make out a familiar figure looking over her.

"Yami…?" she asked, softly, "Is it really you?"

"Amari? Thank goodness you're awake! I've been worried sick!" he said leaning close to her.

"Yami…" she said faintly as if in a daze, staring into his violet eyes. Then she reached up and stroked his cheek, making sure that it wasn't a dream. *He feels so real…* but then her mind snapped back to reality, *...but he can't be real…can he?*

"Are you ok now, Amari?" asked Yugi, as he and Grandpa entered the room.

"Yugi!" she said quickly sitting up, "Wait what happened? You're not--? And you're-" she said cutting back and forth oviously confused. Then she noticed that she wasn't in her sailor uniform, and that she was now back in the guest room as if nothing had ever happened. "Wait, something's not right here--,"

Suddenly Yami lightly covered her mouth with his fingers, to hush her. Then he leaned in and kissed her passionately on the lips.

Amari was a little surprised but she didn't resist him, but kissed him back. After a moment of still feeling that something was still wrong, she broke the kiss and stared at everyone. She eyed everyone suspiously.

"What's wrong?' asked Grandpa.

Amari still eyed them, "Funny, cause I had this weird dream that Grandpa was badly hurt, Yugi was kiddnapped, and I went to save him, and I had to leave you behind," she said facing Yami. Then another thing struck her thoughts. "Wait, where's Polaris? He was after all of us and--"

"Polaris? Who's Polaris?" asked Yugi, curious.

"He was the man out to hurt you--"

Then Yami interrupted her with a small laugh.

"Oh, Amari, it was only a dream. Nothing like that could ever happen in real life." reasured Yami, leaning into kiss her again.

"Yea but--" she tried to continued but, Yami began to kiss her pasionately once more. This time Amari was even more surprised than before, but still she didn't resist. Yami began to moan as he ran his fingers through her hair.

"I love you…" he said, continuing to kiss her. Amari thought for a second then broke the kiss again, starring at him in disbelief.

"What did you just say?" she asked, growing serious.

"I love you."

Amari didn't answer, but began to look around again. Then she stood up and walked around the guest room suspioiusly.

"Polaris…?! I know you're here… come out where I can see you!" she shouted around the room. Yami, Yugi, and Grandpa all gave her a confused look.

"Amari, What are you doin--?"

"Polaris! This test is over! Let's end this sharaid now!" she shouted again ignoring Yami's question.

Suddenly she heard Polaris's laughter echo in the guestroom, and everything began to vanish around her. Then in a blink of an eye she was once again in darkness, back in her sailor uniform. Polaris appeared in front of her and clapped his hands sarcasticly.

"Well done, I must say well done" he said pretending to congratulate her on passing all three tests.

"Where's Yugi, Polaris?" she asked through her teeth.

"Oh you'll see him soon enough, princess, but first I have a little question for you."

"And what's that?"

"How'd you figure it out?"

"Figure what out?"

"Figure out the last test, only so many can pass it,"

"Let's just say I followed my gut, ok?"

"And how was that?"

Universe rolled her eyes. "At first I had my suspiousons, but what really spilled it for me was when Yami said… "I love you". Knowing that the only possible way that he could have loved me was if he had known about you and how much distress I was in. Besides he was the one who rescued me on that night where I had first heard about you from Pluto. If you hadn't exsisted, then Yami wouldn't have found me that night, and wouldn't have gotten to know me at all. Therefore he could have never loved me."

"Impressive…" said Polaris, "I'm surprised that you figured that out all by yourself,"

"Well let's just say that I'm full of surprises" she said bitterly, pretending to smile. Then quickly an energy ball formed in her right hand.

"I'd put that away if I were you," warned Polaris motioning to the energy ball.

"Where's my brother?' she asked through her teeth, glaring at her target.

Polaris didn't answer but closed his eyes and laughed to himself. Then he brought his hand up to his face and snapped his fingers. Suddenly they were in a large dome-shaped golden room. And behind Polaris appeared a large cage holding someone captive.

###########Same time#############

Pluto suddenly sat up, her eyes widening. "Amari!" she called out.

The others rose to their feet and ran to her side.

"What? What is it Pluto?" asked Yami.

"It's Amari, my orb is detecting her presence and she is very close.

"Close? How close?" asked Joey.

But before Pluto could answer, the wall beside her glowed and then turned transparent. The group looked through the wall to see Sailor Universe facing Polaris. Yami ran to the window (wall) and began to bang on it with one hand. "Amari!!!" he called out, but she didn't seem to hear him. Seeing that calling out to her and banging wasn't going to solve anything but a bruised hand, Yami turned to Pluto.

"Pluto, can you blast through it with one of your attacks?" he asked her.

Pluto walked up to the wall and observed it closely, then shook her head. "No, I'm sorry Yami. Knowing Polaris, this wall has been used on me and the other scouts before. Polaris always uses these kind of walls that reflect almost any attack thrown at it. None of my attacked can penetrate it. Even if I tried to blast through it the consequences would be very dangerous."

Yami banged his forehead against the wall and watched as one of the most important people in his life was preparing for a fight for her life.

######################################

Universe peered into the cage and saw Yugi sitting against the cage wall, tracing something on the cage floor. He was looking down so he didn't notice her at first.

"Yugi!" she shouted to him, not moving.

Her sudden voice, startled Yugi and he looked up to see his sister standing in front of Polaris. He quickly got up and ran to the other end of the cage towards Universe. "Amari!' he called back, gripping the cage bars that held him captive.

Universe attempted to move to him but hesitated, then turned her body back to Polaris, not taking her eyes off of Yugi.

"I've kept my end of the bargin," said Polaris, looking up to the sailor with a smirk, "Now you must kept your's."

Universe began to think back on the agreement that she had made with him. Then it came to her, she must defeat him as her final test in order to get Yugi back safe and sound.

Universe stared at Polaris with cold eyes. "Yes, I remember the deal we made," she said as another energy ball formed into her other hand, "I have to defeat you in order to get Yugi back and to rid the universe of your filth."

Polaris's smirk faded, "Well then shall we begin?" he said coldly, just before he lundged at her, his blue energy ball in one hand and in the other hand appeared a light blue blade.

Universe quickly dodged his strike with is blue bladed sword, only to be met with his energy ball. She also quickly dodged the energy ball, but not before it left a slight burn on her side. But she didn't have time to react before he lundged at her again.

They went at this for queit some time until Universe grew tired of doging his attacks, making her energy balls vanish. Polaris on the other hand stayed at full strength and soon Universe noticed this. Then finally, Polaris found his oppertinity and quickly rapped his arm around Universe's neck, the blue blade inches from her throat. He held her in that position for a while.

Polaris breathed down her neck, taking in the smell of her soft brown hair. "I could kill you right now if I wanted," he said observing the blade and how close it came to her throat.

"Amari!!!" Yugi called out from across the room.

"Then why don't you?" Universe asked trying to break free.

"Oh no no no, my dear princess, I'm going to make you suffer… suffer as much as I've suffered over a thousand years. I'm going to make sure you regret everything you've ever did to me," he slittered, watching the young sailor struggle against his enormous strength.

Then it hit her, she finally had figured out Polaris's plan to finish her off.

"You had this planned form the beginning haven't you?!" she accused.

Polaris just laughed, pressing the blade closer to her throat. "Very good, princess. You've finally figured it out."

"You knew that if I accepted you challenge to take you stupid tests that it would ware me down, making me vunerable to you final attack. You knew I'd be weak after the tests were over, you knew it all along."

"Too bad that that's only part of it my sweet. But by the time you find out the rest, it'll be too late!"

"That's what you think!" she said as she stepped hard on his foot, making him loosen his grip around her neck only for a split second. Then she quickly took his arm and flung him over and flipped him onto the floor. Polaris hit the floor, but in a blink of an eye he was back on his feet again.

Now Polaris's face was twisted with frustration that she had pulled such a surprising move. "You'll regret that princess!" Then he tossed his energy ball at her and then quickly leaped into the air.

By the time Universe had dodged his attack, and had looked up to see where he went, she was on her back, her hands being pinned to the floor by Polaris.

Polaris leaned his head forward so that Universe could see every feature of his face.

"Do you know how I got this patch on my eye?" he asked her. Universe didn't answer but try to break loose from his grip on her wrists, but he only tightened it when he heard no response. "Do you!?"

Universe cried out slightly for she was beginning to loose the currculaion in her arms.

Polaris rolled his eyes when he knew that she wasn't going to answer him. "Let's just say you gave it to me a long time ago, as a gift just before you banished me," he said coldly.

"Why should I care?"

Polaris took his sword in one hand and put both of her wrists in the other hand. Then he smirked evilly as he leaned next to her ear and whispered, "I told you that you'll regret everything you ever did to me…" Then he took his sword and ran it down her outer cheek, along the outline of her face. Universe winced as she felt the cold blade cut into her warm flesh. Red blood trickled down her face following the trail of the cut that he had left on her face.

"You took something very valuable to me, so the only way that I can repay you is by taking something valuable from you…" he taunted turning his head to look at something at the other end of the room. Universe followed his gaze and finally saw what he was referring to… Yugi.

"No!" she shouted, trying to break free again but now she felt a little bit weaker than before. Polaris turned his head back to her and smirked evilly. "And that's not all I'm going to take from you…" he said motioning to something golden hanging on a bar that happened to be sticking out from Yugi's cage. Amari's eyes widened, knowing that the golden object was the mulennium puzzle itself.

"If I'm not mistaken I take it that that's you lover's only life source,"

"No! I won't let you take them!" she said as she suddenly took her feet and put them against Polaris's stomach, then she pushed off of him causing him to fly back in the air. Polaris landed on his back and looked up. Universe quickly got up and broke into a run towards the cage. Polaris glared at her just before getting up and running after her. Then while he was running he gave a smirk just before he began to fly towards her making him ten times faster than before. In minutes he was on her heels.

Suddenly Sailor Universe found herself slammed against the Yugi's cage, with Polaris at her back pressing her into the cage. The bars where slightly bent as Polaris continued to put pressure on her against the bars. Yugi stumbled back in shock of his sister's current situation. Universe let out a slight cry as she felt her strength begin to fade, and her body crush into the hard, cold metal bars.

"You can scream all you want but no one can save you, now, nor your little brother or your friends. You're all lost to me!" he taunted her, as he pinned her hands and arms tightly behind her back.

By now Universe was ignoring Polaris's comments and sneering, and concentrated on Yugi and the puzzle.

Yugi and Universe soon locked eyes. Then thinking hard Universe looked at Yugi then the puzzle, and then back to Yugi. Soon Yugi got the hint, and nodded to his sister.

Polaris noticed something suspiousus and quickly turned Universe over so that she could face him but her arms were now pinned to the bars. Polaris still allowed the pressure to continue on her body.

"Now!" he shouted to her, "It's time to rid YOU of the universe and then my plan will be complete!" he laughed evilly, taking his sword and pointing it inches from her face.

While Polaris was distracted by the opportunity to kill her, Universe had freed her legs from the crushed bars and quickly kicked him hard in the shin, and then kicked the sword out of his hands with the other leg. Polaris quickly release the pressure on Universe's body and stumbled back in surprise.

Soon he regained his focus and formed an energy ball in his right hand. Universe attempted to move away from his aim but two of the bars were bent around her wrist to that she couldn't escape. She quickly turned back to her wrist, trying to break free.

Polaris noticed this and laughed insanely, "TIME TO DIE!!!!!!!!"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: *smirks evilly* Once again another cliff hanger… he he

Everyone: *anime fall*

Yugi: *still looking at self in mirror* What? Did I miss something? Has the chapter started yet?

Everyone: *just now getting up from first anime fall, anime fall again*

Yugi: What? *looks around confused*