Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Battle of Hearts ❯ Test Two ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Does it look like I own Yugioh? I think not!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: OK you guys here's the next chapter! I worked my butt off to get this up as soon as I could so don't expect it to be the best chappie that I've done. This test is a lot short than the first test, but the third one will be longer, I hope.

Joey: Hey SSU? What's gonna happen to us in this chapter?

SSU: I can't tell you that! You're just going to have to read and find out!

Joey: But why can't you just tell me! It would save me a lot of time.

SSU: *crosses arms* Nope I'm not saying a word about it.

Joey: *pouts*

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^

Yami, Pluto, Joey and Tea continued to walk in the darkness. Now they were all growing tired of the present scene.

"Man, when are we going to find something," said Joey, putting both hands over his shoulders and behind his back.

Tea yawned and stretched also, " Yeah, I'd give anything to see something besides this!"

Then Pluto stopped in her tracks again, sensing something wrong. "Wait stop where you are!" she commanded, "Nobody move…" she seemed to be in deep thought.

Joey, who had been walking ahead of everyone, continued to walk. "What are you talking about Pluto? There's nothing insight that could-Ahhhhh!!!!" he said as he feel into a black hole.

"Joey!" Tea cried out, reaching out and grabbing Joey's hand, trying to pull him back up, but she couldn't hold him, and she too began to slide down with him.

"Tea!" cried Yami grabbing her leg, using all the strength he had to try and pull his best friends back up safely, but the weight was too much for him also.

Pluto quickly grabbed Yami's foot, trying to pull them back, knowing that it was nearly impossible for her to do.

Pluto held her breath, as she gathered every ounce of strength in her body to try and pull them back up, and by now Tea and Joey were already in the hole.

"Don't let go!" begged Joey as he glanced down further into the bottomless hole.

Tea cried out for help, but knowing that the only one's that could hear her was already trying their best. Then she noticed that her and Joey were slowly sliding further down into the hole, and she looked up to see that Yami was almost completely in the hole meaning Pluto was loosing her strength and fast. She tried to plant her boots to the ground but, they continued to slide toward the hole.

"I….I can't hold you!" she called out just before her strength finally gave out sending all four of them into the black hole.

"Ahhhhhhh!" they all screamed until they could be heard no more.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Universe slowly opened the large door to what she thought was freedom, but she was greatly mistaken. She was finally able to push it open all the way and she leaned against the doorway, exhausted. Her wound had now stopped bleeding even though the blood still remained. Then she looked up in search of a way out but only found her self in another room completely different form the one before.

"What is this place?" she asked herself observing her new surroundings. In front of her was a strange crate-like floor, with evenly spaced holes. She could see trough the holes and she looked down below the floor to see a pool of water with sharp rocks about a mile down. Universe raised an eyebrow and then looked up, to see a ceiling covered in spikes leaving only a few gaps of ceiling to be visible. Then she looked straight ahead to see in the distance another set of doors similar to the ones that she had just gone though, and just like the others there was the hourglass, revealing that she only had 30 minutes left.

Universe's eyes narrowed as she looked at the hourglass, knowing that she didn't have time to play around. Then she took a deep sigh and stepped forward.

As soon as she took her first step, she heard a slamming of the doors behind her. *There's no turning back now… * she said in her mind, as she continued to walk forward.

Then suddenly the room began to shake violently.

"What the--!" she said looking around franticly for the source, until she quickly lost her footing and fell on her back. Just as she was trying to get up, she noticed that now the ceiling seemed closer than it had been earlier. Then after much thinking it clicked, and her eyes widened in fear, the ceiling was going to crush her if she didn't move fast. The ceiling was now moving very quickly down towards her while the ground continued to shake.

Finally she managed to get up and tried to balance on the shaky ground. Then she broke out into another run for the door.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yami opened his eyes and sat up. He looked around and saw his friends slowly awaking also.

"You guys!" he called out, crawling over to Joey. Joey groaned and sat up grabbing his head along the way.

"Ow… my head!" he said rubbing it.

"Is everyone ok?" asked Pluto, standing herself up with her staff.

Tea who was still lying down, moaned a little but didn't get up. Yami ran over to her and knelt beside her.

"Tea? Are you alright?" he said looking her over for injuries.

Tea slowly opened her eyes and tried to get up, "Yes I'm ok," she said, but just as she began to get up, she winced and lay back down. "Ow! My ankle!" she said trying to grab it.

Joey and Pluto rushed over and Pluto observed her ankle. "It's sprained…" said Pluto, "I need something to wrap it up with until we can get a brace for her."

Joey quickly took off his over shirt that he had been wearing (leaving him with just a T-shirt on) and handed it to Pluto. Then Pluto began to wrap Tea's ankle carefully.

"Everything's going to be alright now Tea," comforted Yami. Then Joey stood up again and looked around.

"Uh…guys?" he said.

"What?" asked Yami, but just as he asked that, he noticed what Joey was looking at. They were totally in a different room. This room was covered in gold and sort of looked like a small dome of some sort.

"Whoa…" said Tea, standing up on one foot with Pluto helping her, looking around.

"Where are we?"

Pluto handed Tea to Joey and walked to the golden wall, and ran her hand across it. "It's like we're in some sort of holding area," she said.

"A holding area?!" panicked Joey.

Pluto's eyes narrowed, "Someone doesn't want us to find Amari any time soon…"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"I have to hurry!" Universe said to herself. By now the ceiling had reach about her height and she had to duck her head avoiding the sharp spikes. As she was running one of the spikes cut the top part of her shoulder cutting her uniform even more than it had already. She winced in pain but continued to run knowing that she didn't have to time to top and tend to it now.

Now the ceiling was a few feet from the ground and she had to nearly crawl to the doorway. But suddenly the ground shook harder than it had down before, since now the ceiling was much closer. Finally she lost her balance again and fell on her back only a few feet from the door.

"NO!" she cried out, trying to get back up, but now the ceiling was too close for her to even get up. The spikes lightly brushed her trapped body, she had nowhere to go. One of the longer spikes slowly cut her cheek, leaving blood to run from it.

"Stop it!" she shouted out, bracing her hands on the gaps in between the wall, trying to hold the ceiling back. "I-I can't hold it!" she called out, putting all the strength that she had left into her arms. Then she felt the ceiling slow down it's movement against her strength, giving her just enough time to look at the doorway and see a gap about a foot wide where the ceiling wasn't falling upon. Then she got an idea, hoping that it would work.

"Take this!" she shouted at the ceiling, then she took a strength that she never knew she had from within and began to push the ceiling back. The ceiling stopped advancing for a brief moment allowing Universe to push herself off of the wall and slide herself to the large door. Then she quickly got up in the little gap in between the ceiling and the door, opened the door and ran through just as the ceiling hit the floor.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: Intense! Isn't it! *grins with excitement*

Yami: *sarcastically* Shocking…

SSU: *explodes* That's it Yami! Go to that end of the room! And I don't wanna here another word out of you!

Yami: *innocently* I didn't mean it! I'm sorry! I'll be good!

SSU: You'd better!

Tristan: *whispers to Yugi* What's her problem?

Yugi: *whispers back* I think that it's that time of the month again…

Joey: *jumps in* Yea it's PMS for sure! Mai and Tea have it all the time!

SSU/Mai/Tea: *overhear their conversation* *glares at boys with flames in eyes*

Joey/Tristan/Yugi: *shrink in fear*