Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Battle of Hearts ❯ Test one ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Yea like I've said for the billionth time… I don't own anything except for Amari.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: Ok, sorry if this chap is a little rusty, I was having some trouble working out the details. Oh and also, some parts in here might be a little corny but I'll make it up to you! *Winks* Promise!

Yami: *whispers to Yugi* You know if she keeps on promising these things, she's gonna have to have an awesome ending to make up for all of this.

Yugi: Yeah especially when she breaks them!

SSU: *glares at the two* Anyway I'm giving you a fair warning that their will be a lot more action in this chapter and later chapters so if it's confusing then just tell me somehow and I'll explain what you want to know. But there will also be love scenes for the Yami/Amari fans out there! So basically I got something for everyone in here!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

"Princess?" came a faint voice inside Sailor Universe's head, "Princess Amari?"

Sailor Universe's eyes twitched but didn't open.

Then the voice grew louder and clearer, "Princess? Amari? Say something…"

At this Sailor Universe's eyes fluttered open. *That voice… Where have I heard it before? * she said in her head. Then she looked up to see her friends, Sailor Uranus and Neptune, standing over her. Uranus was the one who had spoken.

"Uranus? Neptune?" she asked the faint versions of her friends. Uranus smiled knowing now that their princess was unharmed. They appeared almost as ghosts (kind of like Pluto was when she first appears), and their uniforms seemed untouched, with not one cut on their body.

"Thank goodness that you're not hurt," smiled Neptune, "We were beginning to worry,"

Sailor Universe sat up and looked around. She was once again surrounded in darkness.

"Uranus, Neptune? Is that really you?" she asked her friends.

The two scouts smiled and nodded. They look and acted like nothing had ever happened to them.

"Am I dreaming?" asked Universe.

"Well… sort of," said Uranus bending down to Universe's level, as Universe gave her a confused expression.

"This isn't really a dream, but it isn't really reality either. We're in your mind, it's the only way we could get to you in time," said Neptune.

"I don't understand."

"You see, in reality, our bodies are in a totally different condition than we are here. That's why we contacted you through your mind"

Then Universe's eyes widened as she began to remember the vision she had at the ice cream shop a couple days ago, of Uranus and Neptune being hurt.

"Wait…I had a vision of you guys getting hurt…" then it hit her, "Where are you guys now? Your bodies?"

Neptune looked down with a disappointed expression on her face. "We're not sure…"

Uranus noticed that Neptune wasn't going to speak any more about it, for it was too hard for to retell the story.

"You see Amari, we received a message that a new evil was approaching and we were sent to defeat it before it came to the kingdom--."

"Wait how come I wasn't informed?" asked Universe sternly.

"We weren't allowed to speak about it to you nor anyone else except Pluto," answered Uranus.

Universe was about to speak up again, but decided to let Uranus finish her story.

"So we're finally able to locate him, but only for a short time. It was almost as if he knew that we were looking for him…" she trailed off in deep thought, then continued, "So we began to fight and it wasn't long before he over powered us. We tried our best to continue to fight but after he hit us individually head on with one of his attacks…" Uranus trailed off again.

"…We were unable to go on," finished Neptune, staring at the floor growing sadder the more she spoke about it.

"Next thing we know we're chained up watching you, for the past few days, in a portal of some sort," said Uranus.

Sailor Universe now hearing all of their story, especially at the end, looked to the floor with sad eyes.

"Then… Then you know what has happened?" she asked them.

The two scouts nodded again. "Yes, but you shouldn't blame yourself for this. If it wasn't for you, this world wouldn't be like it is today. You're the one that stopped Polaris the first time he attacked," said Neptune. Then her voice became stern, "…and you'll be there, when his last attack is made."

Universe looked up, "What do you mean?"

"Amari, you're our friend, and one of the best sailor scouts we know, but now it's time to finish what Polaris started. These tests that you are going to have to face won't be easy but we believe in you. It's a heavy burden sometimes, but those are the duties of being the princess of the Universe. We know it's not easy, but you have to be strong. If you don't find you inner strength… no one will," said Uranus.

Universe sat and thought for a moment, then she looked up at her friends with determination.

"I won't let you guys down!" she said, confident.

Hearing these words, made Neptune give a slight smile again, and Uranus began to laugh to herself, knowing that Universe's words were true. Then their ghostly images began to fade away into the darkness. Uranus, who was still crouched down beside Universe, stood up beside Neptune.

"Thank you… remember to be strong," said Neptune.

"I will."

"Goodbye for now, princess. The fate of the Universe lies in your hands now," were Uranus's last words before her and Neptune had completely faded away.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Neptune and Uranus opened their eyes; they were back in their chains as if they had never left. They turned a smiled at each other.

"I had a feeling that if Sailor Universe was close enough to us we could use our minds to contact her," said Uranus.

Neptune nodded, "Yes, we have done all we can to help her. Now all we can do is hope and wish for the best," said Neptune, as she and Uranus turned their heads back to the portal showing Sailor Universe lying on the ground stirring.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sailor Universe slowly opened her eyes and sat up. She winced and grabbed her head to feel and large bump on her head, she predicted that it was from her landing.

"Ouch…" she said continuing to rub her head, not looking up. Then she heard birds chirping and she quickly looked up. She was no longer surrounded in pitch-black darkness like before, but now she was surrounded in a garden. Flowers and birds were all around her. It sort of reminded her of the garden back at the palace but this one was much bigger. She quickly stood up and noticed a long hallway in front of her. The walls were huge hedges towering over her, and at the end of the hallway were to large doors covered in vines, and above them was the same hour glass that Polaris had shown her earlier. She squinted to get a good estimate of how much time she had left…

"Forty-five minutes left…"she pressed her lips together and observed the walls, " those doors must be the way to Polaris, and this must be his first test for me." Then she overlooked the hallway once more before she began to walk through it.

"Hummmm….. This seems too easy," she said as she continued to look around, " ….way too easy" she said as she stopped and pondered of what Polaris might have set up. Then she prepared to walk again but just after she took her first step again a pointed sphere shot out from the wall barely missing her nose. Universe stared at the sphere, noticing how close it had been to her face, then breathed a sigh of relief. She backed away from the sphere only to trigger another one to shoot out from behind her, and cut her arm ripping a part of her sleeve.

"Ahhhh!" she cried out as she gripped the upper part of her arm, blood seeping through her glove. She closed one eye and bit her lip to try and bare the pain. Then she grew angry, and turned to face the sphere that had cut her. She reached out for it in irritation only to trigger a third sphere to shot out on the other side of the wall barely missing her hand. She jerked her hand back and stared at her new predicament.

"So that's how you wanna be isn't Polaris?" she said giving a smirk. Seconds later a league of spheres began to shoot out from all different sides, but Universe was quicker and began to flip (handsprings) and dodge them. Finally one caught her lower back, slicing through her uniform, cutting deep into her.

Universe fell to the ground on her stomach in pain. She groaned trying not to move for movement triggered the weapons. She gripped the dirt that she was lying trying to find a way out without getting killed. Then she began to think back to when she was in training with her scout friends back at the palace…

#################Flashback###################

"Ok, Amari, you ready?" asked Uranus, standing in a fighting position, starring at her opponent.

Sailor Universe nodded, as she too got into her fighting stance facing three of her friends, who were all sailors.

Uranus, Venus, and Jupiter stared back at the waiting princess, all in their fighting stance.

"Now!" shouted Uranus, signaling for the fight to begin, also forming her attack in her hand. Venus and Jupiter did the same but with their attacks. Then Venus leaped in the air shouting her attack.

"VENUS LOVE CHAIN!!!!!" she shouted shooting her attack at Universe.

"JUPITER OAK EVOLUTION!!!!!" shouted Jupiter throwing her attack at Universe as well.

Universe's eyes narrowed as she waited for the attacks to reach her, and once they were in range she jumped out of the way only to be met with Uranus's and her awaiting attack.

"WORLD SHAKING!!!!" called the older scout, throwing her energy ball, shaped like a planet to Universe. Thinking fast Universe jumped into the air, forming an attack of her own in her hand.

"UNIVERSE STAR CRUSH!!!!!!!!" she shouted aiming her attack at Uranus's forcing them to cancel each other out. Then Universe safely landed on the ground, and walked over to her friends, the training session was over.

"Nice work Universe!" said Venus, walking over to the group, giving Universe a handshake.

"Thanks" smiled Universe. Then the other scouts, who had been leaning against the wall at the other end of the room, walked over.

"Yeah nice dodging there," said Moon, smiling at her cousin.

"Yeah for a second there I thought Uranus had you," said Neptune.

"Hey, what's that on your side?" asked Mars, pointing to a cut on Universe's side.

"Ah, crap!" said Universe, observing her wound.

Uranus laughed to herself, "Looks like Venus's Love Chain got the better of you after all,"

Pluto observed the slight cut, "You moved a few seconds too late, Amari. You have to watch and move you body at the movement of the attack or it will catch you before you can dodge it, just anticipate it next time, Ok?"

Universe nodded.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~End of Flashback (AN: All Yugioh fans, if this is too confusing for you, let me know, this is probably one out of like 3 scenes that only have scouts and no Yugioh characters, but that's it! Promise.) *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Universe thought of the advice Pluto had given to her about her dodging abilities, and began to figure out her next move. Then when she was done thinking of a plan, she rolled over onto her back and quickly pushed upward onto her feet, then swiftly did four back handsprings and then jumped into the air as the spheres continued to shot up after her. Then in another swift movement she turned and saw another sphere shot out in front of her. Thinking fast she grabbed the long part of the sphere and began to swing around it like she had done the day before at the laser tag convention. Then she pushed herself off of the pole and landed on the ground in a crouching position far away from the series of spheres. (Hope you caught all of that! *smiles from ear to ear*)

Universe smiled looking back at the series of spheres that had quit shooting out from the sides. Knowing that she had accomplished her first task she began to walk toward the door again. Then she heard another rustle in the wall beside her and a final sphere shot out, aiming for her side. A few seconds later Universe found herself in a back bend with the sphere resting inches away from her stomach. She panted heavily knowing that that was too close for comfort, then inched herself away form the sphere and stood up again.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yami and the gang were now walking in darkness, they had been doing so for about fifteen minutes and they were growing restless.

"Man, I'd give anything to see something!" said Joey going crazy.

"Joey, calm down I'm sure Amari had to go through all this too, and she must have found something." said Tea, also getting tired of the blank scene.

"Have you found a trace of any life forms besides us in here Pluto?' asked Yami.

Pluto continued to stare into her orb, "Not yet, Pharaoh Yami, but I'll let you know when I do find something,"

"Please call me Yami,"

Pluto stared at the young pharaoh, "Just Yami?"

Yami nodded, "Yes, since you're a friend of Amari's then you're a friend to me," he smiled.

Pluto smiled back. "I can see why Amari loves your dimension. I now I'm beginning to understand why she didn't want to leave."

"What do you mean?"

"When I was with Amari just before she left to find Polaris and Yugi, I could tell by the look in her eyes that it was a difficult choice leaving you and your friends."

"I see…" said Yami, looking down, remembering the way Amari always looked at him with her violet-blue eyes and her sweet smile, always warming his heart. "Tell me Pluto… if you can remember… what were we like thousands of years ago? Amari and I?"

Pluto smiled at the question, "Well, Yami, you two were very happy even though you never told her that you loved her until it was too late…

~~~~~~~~Flashback with Pluto as the Narrator~~~~~~~~~~~~

(AN: This first scene is where Yami is only a prince not yet a pharaoh)

Prince Yami stood in the garden thinking hard as he looked in the fountain's pool at his reflection.

"Prince Yami?" came a soft voice. Yami turned to see Princess Amari standing behind him, wearing her princess dress, the wind blowing lightly around her face.

"Princess… It-It's nice to see you again…" said the nervous Yami. This was only the third time that they had been seen alone together.

"What are you doing out here when your parent's anniversary party is inside?" asked Amari, her eyes full of curiosity.

"Oh…" said Yami, trying to find the right words, "Yeah I just thought that I should spend sometime alone…"

"Oh…" said Amari, sounding a bit hurt that he didn't want her company, "Oh-ok then I'll-I'll leave you be…" she said, pushing a strand of brown hair out of her face and behind her ear. Then she turned ready to leave the young prince, but was stopped by his strong yet soft voice.

"Wait!" he called out to her just before she reached the doorway, "I-I mean…" he stuttered as he ran over to her, "Um, what I meant was I wouldn't mind your company." Then he gave a charming smile that made the young princess blush.

Amari stared into the young prince's eyes, she couldn't escape them. "Ok then…" she said softly.

Then Yami ushered her to a bench beside the fountain, and they both watched the sunset fall.

"Your love for one another grew rapidly…" came Pluto's voice.

^^^^^^Another flashback only months later^^^^^^^

"So I hear that you going to become pharaoh soon?" asked Amari, she stood in the same garden that they had spent mostly all of their time in since they became a couple.

Yami faced her, with a slight smile. "Yes…yes I'm to become pharaoh soon… the ceremony is next week," he could tell that Amari wasn't sharing his hopes of joy, for she stared at the floor, saddened. "But that doesn't mean that things are going to change around here" he said, taking a flower and putting it behind her ear, then stoked her cheek lovingly.

"Oh Yami, you try so hard not to make things seem the way they are…" she said trying hard to smile.

"Amari…" he said their noses nearly touching, "Nothing will ever, ever come in between us,"

Then Amari took his hand that was stroking her cheek and placed it on her chest where a golden necklace lay. The same golden necklace that he had given to her just months ago, as a sign of their never ending promises to each other. The necklace had a golden flower on it and on the petals were blue gems.

"Promise…?" she asked him, still holding his hand over the necklace.

"Yami nodded, "Yes… I promise, " then he leaned in a placed a soft kiss on her lips.

…Everyone could see that you two were meant for each other but you both had never really said the three words that would have made it complete….

^^^^^^About a month later^^^^^^

Amari now sat on the garden steps waiting for Yami to meet her there. She held a white flower in her hands. Then she heard footsteps signaling her that he was coming. She stood up to greet him, but was met with a serious look… He knew something wasn't right.

"Yami… I have to tell you something…" she began, then briefly told him the problem at hand, then she waited for a response. Yami took her hands that held the white flower into his. Then he began to ask her questions of what this attack that she spoke of could do exactly. Amari's eyes grew more saddened the more she spoke of it. Then he asked he yet another question about the risk it had on her, and Amari didn't respond. This was enough for Yami, and he began to step back in disbelief.

"Yami…" she called out after him.

Then a servant came and told Yami that he was needed elsewhere.

Finally Yami walked over to Amari and placed a soft kiss on her tearstained cheek, and left.

That was the day that your heart broke for all eternity, by the time you realized that you loved her…it was too late.

~~~~~~~~~~~End of All the Flashbacks~~~~~~~~~~~~(ok now that was a sad ending *sniff*)

Yami just stared at the floor, not wanting to say anything. Tea and Joey had overheard the story also and they too stared at the floor.

"Your love for her and her love for you was so pure…" said Pluto trying to lighten the mood, "…kind of like it is today…"

"What do you mean?"

Joey put his arm around Yami, "Aw, come on Yami! Are you the only one that doesn't see it? You love her…"

"What?!" asked Yami, taken aback, "I have no idea of what you're talking about!"

Tea just rolled her eyes. "Yami, stop kidding yourself!"

"Yea, Yami, you're completely in love with the girl! And you know it!" accused Joey.

Yami was about to protest but decided that there was no point in arguing with Joey, but maybe…just maybe he was right…

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sailor Universe was continuing to make her way to the door, her eyes sharp, expecting almost anything at this point…almost anything.

"Ok…just keep a sharp eye and you'll be fine… yea…" she said, trying to comfort herself.

Then something green slithered near her foot. Universe heard this and quickly turned around only to find nothing but the garden walls. She gave a confused look and turned back around.

Then suddenly a large green vines shot out from the wall and quickly wrapped itself around the young sailor, and began to squeeze with all it's might.

"Ahhhh!!!!!" Universe cried out, grasping for air, "Let….GO! Ahhhh!!" Then thinking fast, she was able to free one of her hands and began to call on one of her attacks, "UNIVERSE…STAR CRUSH!!!!!!!"

The vines broke apart and departed back into the wall, leaving Universe to fall to her knees, grasping her chest and throat, breathing heavily. Then she looked up to see a bunch of vines shooting across to the opposite wall blocking her only way out.

Universe now frustrated, took her tiara off of her fore head, "UNIVERSE TIARA MAGIC!!!!"

The tiara cut through all the vines, leaving them to fall to the floor. Universe smirked in accomplishment. Then she made a dash for the door, knowing that the vines would be back just like they had done before.

Soon, just as she had predicted the vines began to shoot out after her just like the spheres had done earlier. She began to dodge a few of them, but one caught her ankle and she fell to her knee.

"What!" she said trying to break free. Seeking the opportunity the other vines wrapped themselves around her body and not only began to squeeze her to death, but then electrocuted her as well.

"AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" Universe screamed in agony. She was growing weak fast. *I have to do something!* she said in her mind.

"These tests that you are going to have to face won't be easy but we believe in you. It's a heavy burden sometimes, and those are the duties of being the princess of the Universe. We know it's not easy, but you have to be strong. If you don't find you inner strength… no one will," Uranus's words echoed in her mind.

"You're right! I can't give up now! I must do this for…" a picture of Yami, then Yugi and then Tea and Joey and Grandpa, all flashed I her mind, "…my friends… my family, and …… and the universe!" she shouted as she began to glow, "I am one! UNIVERSE STAR POWER!!!!"

################Same time#############

Pluto stopped in her tracks, she closed her eyes and reached for her gut, her eyes widened in surprise.

Yami who had continued to walk with Joey and Tea, stopped and they all looked at her.

"Is something wrong Pluto?" asked Yami, concerned.

Pluto managed to nod slightly.

"What is it?" asked Tea.

"Power surge of some sort…" said Pluto. Then she looked up to Yami, as if letting her worried yet surprised stare answer the rest for her.

"Amari…" said Yami, instantly.

#################Same time ###################

"Whoa, what was that?" asked Uranus leaning forward in her chains showing a similar facial impression that Pluto had shown. Her and Neptune had felt the power surge also.

"It's Amari, she just called on some sort of power to free herself!" said Neptune.

"Do you think that power could have come from the source of the legendary attack?" asked Uranus.

Neptune didn't answer but continued to stare in to the portal.

#####################################################

Suddenly the vines snapped off of Universe. Leaving her to just stand there still glowing, then the glowing stopped allowing her to fall to the ground in pain. Her body was now covered in scraps and burns. Trickles of blood flowed down from her shoulder and her side from where she was hit earlier, and her uniform was torn in a few places. She didn't appear to look as bad as Uranus and Neptune had but she wasn't far.

After a couple seconds, Universe found the strength to get up, and winced standing up holding her arm. Then she reached for the doorknob of the door in hopes of finding something that would relieve her of the test, only to open it and find…

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^

SSU: *smirks* And you actually thought that I was gonna tell you! Ha!

Everyone: *anime fall*

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: Ok, now I warned you about the action and the bloody scenes so u can't say nothin'! Sorry Yugi fans, Yugi wasn't in this one but don't worry he'll come back soon! Hope to update this as soon as I can. Look to my profile or on this story's main summery for updates.