Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Battle of Hearts ❯ The Trap ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Ok if you don't know what this is supposed to say then you got issues.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: *staring at the boys sniffling in the corner*

Tea: *rolls eyes*

Mai: Men…

SSU: Tell me about it. Anyway here's the next chapter. Oh and I have some Important things to tell you guys so the Yugioh fans won't get confused. Ok whenever I write the name "Sailor Universe…" down that means that's Sailor Universe, not Amari, that's Amari's current form. So when ever I write her scout name down that means she's in her sailor out fit. But that doesn't mean people still can call her Amari, even if she's still in her sailor form. Did you catch that? Ok and for all my reviewers… You guys can review more than once! I promise that it's not an omen or anything. I just need to know if you guys are still out there. So please R&R! Enjoy the chap.!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sailor Universe walked in the pitch-black darkness that surrounded her. You could tell that she had been crying earlier because her eyes were still a little puffy. She had been walking in this dark mist for a half an hour and so far hadn't seen or heard a thing. Then she saw a blue light in the distance in front of her. She stopped and stared at the light, curious to what it could be. Her eyes narrowed not taking her eyes off of the light as she got a good guess of who it was. Then she heard a familiar laugh echo around her. And after a couple seconds of hesitation she broke out into a run towards the light.

*I'm coming Yugi!*

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yami sat on his knees and stared at the ground. A few tears trickled down his cheeks.

Tea had calmed down also and was wiping her eyes when she saw a small light appear where Amari had just left. It soon grew rapidly.

"Yami…?" Tea whispered trying to get Yami to look up.

Yami heard Tea call his name and then noticed a light reflecting off of his tears that had already hit the ground. He quickly looked up in anticipation of seeing Amari return to him.

"Amari?" he said with a slight sound of hope in his voice, but his hope soon faded as quickly as it had come when he saw a figure that he had seen somewhere before. This figure appeared in a sailor outfit like Amari's but it was black and burgundy. Her hair was a dark green and she held a staff with a heart shaped orb on top.

"You're-You're that ghost that appeared to Amari in the park about a week ago!" said Yami.

Pluto nodded. "I'm not actually a ghost, Yami. Sometimes I have to appear in my astrological form so I can still protect the gates of time." (AN: Don't ask if you don't know)

"How'd you know my name?" he asked suspiciously.

"Oh, I know more that you think, Pharaoh Yami," said Pluto as she turned fully solid and placed her self on the ground,

"Wait how do you know about me and my past life?"

"I am the only sailor scout alive that wasn't affected by Princess Amari's legendary attack that took place centuries ago. I was protected by my duties to guard the time gates, I have no limit to my age so I was never reborn like Amari and everyone else was."

"Whoa…" said Joey obviously confused.

Suddenly Pluto grew sad and she stared at the ground, "But that's not why I have appeared to you," she said sighing heavily, " I feel that I have made a terrible mistake by letting Princess Amari take this risk. Amari is also my friend as well, and I would never forgive myself if something horrible was to happen to her."

Yami took a couple steps closer towards the older scout, he had stopped crying by now and looked at Pluto with the same sorrow filled eyes.

"Well it looks like we're all in the same boat right now…" he said to her.

Pluto looked up and her eyes met Yami's, she stared deep into them and saw something there that she hadn't seen before, *He really does care for her, just as much as he did so long ago, maybe… even more.* she thought to herself as she gave Yami a slight smile and nodded.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~

Sailor Universe continued to run to the light, not knowing what it was until she reached it. As she grew closer to the light she began to make out a body lying down in midair. Then her eyes widened in surprise of whom the body belonged to…

"YUGI!" she shouted as she began to run faster than ever. Yugi was the source of the light. A couple seconds later she came to a quick stop and stared at the floating Yugi before her. He was unconscious and he had a small scratch on his cheek. She reached forward to touch him, but suddenly some sort of force-feild electrocuted her hand and soon covered her whole body forcing her to pull back.

"Ahhhhhh!" she screamed in pain as the electricity ran through her body. Finally she stepped far enough back so that the electricity died down and then stopped all together. She stumbled a little and then fell on one knee, breathing heavily.

"What was that!?" she asked herself once she finally caught her breath. She looked back up to Yugi's floating body and noticed something that she didn't notice before. So she got up and stood next to her brother again and stared at the force field that she had not seen before. The barrier was almost clear except now that she had looked hard enough she could see blue electricity running through it.

Being extra cautious this time, Universe lightly touched the force field with her index finger, but as soon as her finger touched the barrier she was zapped with electricity, but she quickly pulled her hand away before it could actually harm her.

Then someone gave a long familiar laugh in the darkness. She jumped as the laugh echoed around her, and she turned her back to Yugi searching for the source of the laugh.

While she was doing this the force field disappeared and Polaris, slipped out from the darkness behind Yugi and put the boy in his arms, continuing to laugh evilly.

"Did you honestly think that I would let you get by that easily?" he asked her, making her jump and turn to face him at the sudden sound of his voice.

Universe's eyes narrowed at her brother's kidnapper. "YOU!!!!!"

"Really! What is with your sailor scouts and your greetings!" he said, rolling his eyes. (Pet Peeve I guess)

Universe raised her hand and a golden energy ball formed in her palm. "I'm sorry I don't give creatures like you, greetings!" she said getting ready to strike.

These words seemed to stun Polaris, as his face tightened up, and anger flashed in his eyes. "You'll regret saying that!" he snapped.

Universe smirked knowing that she had hit a sore spot, and forced her energy ball to get bigger. Polaris quickly noticed this.

"UNIVERSE STAR---" she began to call out, but Polaris cut her of.

"I wouldn't try it if I were you!" he said holding up Yugi's limp body in his arms so that Universe could see.

Universe froze still holding her attack in her hand, staring at Yugi in Polaris' arms. *so small…so innocent…Yugi* she said in her mind just before she distinguished her attack and dropped to the floor.

"What…" she said, somewhat surprised on what she was about to ask, " What do I have to do?"

Polaris watched the vulnerable sailor on the floor, with an evil smirk on his face.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"So what's the plan?" said Joey as he, Yami, Tea, and Pluto all stood in a little circle around where Amari's portal had opened. Their eyes were no longer filled with sadness but determination instead.

"As the Keeper of Time I must keep watch over all the portals and time changes that happen, therefore my orb is able to locate Amari," said Pluto.

"Whoa you can do that?" asked Joey. Pluto nodded.

"If you can monitor these portals, then why haven't you seen this Polaris guy sneaking around?" asked Tea.

"I've tried, but Polaris has somehow be able to block or hide himself from my seeing. That's why when Amari's friends and loyal protectors, Sailor Uranus and Neptune were under attack by Polaris, by the time I found them and the portal that I was to go through to get to them…" Pluto said, growing sad again, "…it was too late."

"What happened to them?" asked Tea, concerned.

"I'm not sure but I do know that Polaris hasn't killed them …yet. They are too valuable."

"I see…. Well what are we waiting for? Let's go help Amari save the world!" said Joey.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"This doesn't look good," said Neptune, still hanging in her chains, staring at the portal showing Amari on the floor in front of Polaris.

"I can't believe Amari's doing this! It's not like her at all. Back at home she never let her guard down, gave up or anything!" said Uranus in disbelief.

"Well back at home Amari didn't know that she had a brother either, Uranus," said Neptune.

"I know…" said Uranus softly, "I just can't stand the fact that she's willing to give up the Universe and even her life to save Yugi's,"

"Don't worry Uranus, Amari has Universal powers and the legendary attack to save the Universe."

"The Legendary Attack…? Are you sure that Sailor Universe is the key to it?"

Neptune nodded, "Not just Sailor Universe …but Amari as well"

Uranus looked shocked at the words that came out of her partner's mouth, but soon after much thinking her shocked look faded into agreement with Neptune. "I see it now, Amari's heart is the key to the legendary attack, not her strength. What ever Amari feels in her heart will determine our fate."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Polaris smiled evilly at the young sailor. *My plan is working out perfectly! I have her right where I want her, and soon… very soon revenge will be served and I will be the most powerful being on earth!* Polaris said in his mind.

Sailor Universe looked up at him waiting for the answer of what to do to get her brother back, unharmed.

" You'll undergo three tests that I have designed of you," Polaris said, finally.

"What? Why tests?"

"These tests will prove to me that your are the legendary fighter that I faced thousand of years ago. If you succeed in passing these tests, which I highly doubt, then and only then, will you be able to fight me."

"And if I defeat you and your tests my brother will be returned?"

"Yes."

"How can I trust you?"

"You can't but what other choice do you have?" smirked Polaris.

Universe looked down at the ground, "Fine!" she spat out, not really wanting to say the word.

"Good…' he said still smirking, as an hourglass appeared in front of them, "You will be given an hour to finish all three tests. It's a race against time, princess! And you test starts…now' he said just as he snapped his fingers.

Suddenly the darkness and smoke began to spin around her. Just as Yugi was slowly opening his eyes.

*~*~*~*~

Yugi opened his eyes to see Sailor Universe sitting on the floor surrounded by darkness, not noticing that Polaris was holding him. Universe didn't bother to look up but continued to stare at the floor.

"Amari?" he said softly. Universe looked up to see Yugi staring at her with a slight smile on his face.

"Yugi! You're awake!"

"Amari…" he said again, as he reached out his hand to try and touch his sister.

Suddenly Polaris jerked Yugi away from her, by pulling up under his arm. This suddenly woke up Yugi's senses and he began to panic, as Polaris laughed evilly.

"Amari!" Yugi called, struggling to get loose, but with little success.

"Oh no! Yugi!" Universe called back at her brother, as she began to get up, reaching out for him to take her hand. Yugi reached out further and just before they could touch, suddenly Universe felt to floor disappear out from under her and she began to fall.

"AMARI!!! No!" he cried out trying to reach even further, as she began to fall down a black hole.

"Yugi!!" she cried back, locking her eyes on Yugi, just before her world went black.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Is everyone ready?" asked Sailor Pluto. Now the four were still in their circle but now they were holding each other's hands. Joey on the other hand seemed to feel uneasy about the whole idea.

"Are you sure that this is going to work?" he asked, curious.

"Yes, just as long as you remember what I told you to do. You must concentrate on the target, and that target is Amari. My orb will do the rest."

"And are you sure that we'll be protected?" asked Tea just to be on the safe side.

"Yes, my orb will easily transport us to the dimension that Amari is in, protection included. Don't worry. So shall we begin?" asked Pluto. Joey and Tea nodded fastening their grip on each other's hands.

But Yami caught Tea's attention as she stared over at him. He hadn't said a word since Pluto had begun to tell them her plan for getting to Amari.

*I don't care how we get there, just as long as I can get Amari and Yugi back here safely. I just want to get to Amari before it's too late, that's all.* said Yami in his mind, as stared at the floor.

Then Tea let go of Joey and Pluto's hands and walked over, and put her hands on Yami's shoulders, making him look at her.

"Yami…Everything's going to be fine. Amari knows what she's doing, she's done it before. She'll make it through this, promise," she said giving him a slight smile.

"How can you be so sure?" he asked her back.

"Because I have faith. I believe in her and… you should too."

This shocked Yami for he had never her such meaningful words come from Tea about his beliefs. Then it hit him, he now knew what he had to do. *I'm with you, Amari. Be strong! We're coming!*

Then everyone retook each other's hands, and closed their eyes. Suddenly wind and purple smoke began to swirl around them, as they began to glow with the same white light that had covered Amari earlier. Then Tea smiled still closing her eyes.

"Let's do this!" she said.

"For the universe," said Pluto.

"For Yugi and for…"added Joey.

"…Amari," finished Yami. Then in a sudden flash of light they were gone leaving only the purple smoke that slowly drifted to the night's starry sky.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^

SSU: Ok how was it? Sorry if it is a little iffy. I got sick and I wasn't really "all together" if you know what I mean. Besides I wrote out this entire chapter and then something happened to my computer and I lost it! I was sooooo mad, so if I left something out just tell me. So yea reviewers remember what I said earlier… you can review more than once! Please talk about anything, ask questions, just no flames. Oh, and I apologize to all of the reviewers that I read their stories like MOR and other. I have been soooo busy and haven't had time to read any one of your new chapters in your stories but don't worry it's the next thing on my list. And "Yugi" fans, it might seem like right now Yugi's all weak and everything but I promise in the final chapters he becomes a big help. So I'm going to try and update as soon as I can on this story, but you guys have to let me know that your alive out here! Live reviewers! Live! *calms down* Um …I'm good… yea just got a little carried away there for a sec heh heh.

Everyone: ((O_O))

Yami: Just a little carried away?