Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Battle of Hearts ❯ Someday ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Read the other chapters and figure it out.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: Well this is the next chapter. Hope you like it. It should be a real tearjerker, but that's just me. ^_^

Tea: Oh don't tell me that! Now I'm going to cry through the entire chapter!

Yami: *rolls eyes* Ugh! Girls! All they do is cry.

Girls: Hey!

Joey: *joins Yami* Yeah you give them one sappy chapter and they're all tears! What crybabies!

Guys: *agree* Yeah!

SSU: Oh really, well we'll just see about that! This chapter is a songfic/chapter by Nickelback called "Someday". I had a little trouble with this so bare with me. I recommend if you listen to the song with this it's not exactly written to the exact timing, but when are they ever? Enjoy!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

**********************

How the hell did we end up like this?

Why weren't we able

To see the signs that we missed

And try and turn the tables

**********

Amari stared outside the huge hole in Yugi's room, and watched the town of Domino go on with their busy lives. She leaned against the broken wall and stared off into the distance. Her eyes were still puffy from where she had been crying, but yet they showed a longing for something out of their reach. She still had the note that Polaris had left her only hours ago in her hand. She smoothed it out in between her hands and stared at it trying to think of what to do in the current situation.

Yami walked by the room and stopped as he had seemed to have found what he had been looking for. He leaned against the doorway and watched Amari, with sorrow filled eyes, knowing what she was going through.

**********

I wish you'd unclench your fists

And unpack your suitcase

Lately there's been too much of this,

But don't think it's too late

Nothin's wrong just as long as you know that someday I will

*****************

Amari felt another presence in the room and quickly turned to see Yami at the door staring at her, and slightly blushed.

"How's grandpa doing?" she asked, putting the letter in the floor next to her, near the hole so that Yami couldn't see it.

"He's recovering pretty quickly if you ask me," said Yami shrugging as he pushed himself up off of the doorway and walked over and sat next to her.

"Well that's good," she said with a slight smile. Then there was a long pause as Amari went back to staring at the busy city and Yami continuing to stare at her.

"Amari…?" he said as he reached over and removed a strand of hair out of her face.

"Hum…?" she asked back reverting her attention back to him.

"I know that you're hurting but you have to promise me something,"

"And what's that?"

"That you won't let the past repeat itself?"

"Yami I already promised you that. Remember?"

"Yeah I know but I just wanted to make sure because from all that happened this morning… I just wanted to make sure that… you'd keep it that's all…" he trailed off trying to avoid her stare.

"Yami…" she said as she cupped his face in her hands, making him look at her, "… I promise."

***************

Someday, somehow I'm gonna make it alright,

But not right now

I know you're wondering when

(You're the only one who knows that)

*******************

"I just can't bare that fact that I might loose you," said Yami holding her hands in his.

"Yami, I promise that you won't loose me," she said, "… or Yugi…" she said under her breath.

"What?" he asked, knowing that she had said something.

"Nothing,"

Yami eyed her suspiciously and then pushed it aside, as Amari gave a small yawn. Then there was another long silence as Amari leaned back against the wall and stared outside.

*Yugi… I promise that soon I will save you…*

***********

Someday somehow I'm gonna make it alright,

But not right now

I know you're wondering when

************

Hours, later Amari woke up to the sounds of people down stairs. First she heard Joey's voice, then Tea's, then Tristan's. She knew that Yami was filling them in on what has happened to Yugi and Grandpa. She felt a blanket over her, and figured out that Yami had put it over her when she was sleeping. It was night, and everything was dark around her except for the city lights that illuminated parts of the room. Then she quickly pulled that blanket off of her and hesitated as she grabbed her henshin wand out of her back pocket, stood up and turned to face the gapping hole. Then she turned her head around to look behind her at the lit doorway and the voices of Yami, Tristan, Joey, and Tea coming from it. She gave a slight smile, turned to face the hole once more and jumped out of it, disappearing into the darkness.

************

And I hope that since we're here anyway,

We can end it saying

Things we've always needed to say

So we can end up staying

************

"Where's Amari?" asked Tea after Yami had updated them on what had happened this morning.

"Oh, she's sleeping last time I checked. It was a very long morning for her and me." he said as he walked up the stairs towards Yugi's room, followed closely by Tea, Joey, and Tristan.

Once they reached the room, Yami stopped in his tracks to notice that they were the only people there. Amari was nowhere in sight, and all was left from where she had been sleeping earlier was her blanket and some piece of paper next to it.

Yami ran over and knelt down beside the blanket, he clutched it in his hands knowing that she was gone. Then he noticed the crumpled paper sitting near the hole. He picked it up, read it, and once he was done he threw it off to the side. Then he quickly stood up and walked quickly to the door.

"I know where she is…" he said as he attempted to leave the room but Joey and Tea stopped him.

"We're going with you."

"What?"

"Yami, Amari's our friend too," said Tea looking at Yami sternly. And after a second of hesitation, Yami nodded.

**********

Now the story's played out like this

Just like a paperback novel

Let's rewrite an ending that fits

Instead of a Hollywood horror

Nothing's wrong just as long as you know that someday I will

************

Amari stood in the empty park in the same place where she had been many times before, henshin wand in hand.

"Pluto!" she called out, looking around, "Pluto! I know you're here now reveal yourself!"

Moments later a slight image of Sailor Pluto formed in front of Amari.

"Yes Princess Amari? You called for me?" said Pluto, pretending to be oblivious to what was going on.

"Pluto, I know that you know what has happened, and I have a question for you."

Pluto looked down, "And what is that?"

"I need to know what happens to me when I travel to different dimensions."

"Well, like the first time you came into this dimension, your mind will slowly be cut off from the outside world until you have completely passed through. This is for your protection because when you travel to different dimensions it can be very harmful to the mind. Your golden scout power should protect you from every thing else," said Pluto, still looking at the ground.

(AN: Golden scout power is another stage of the sailor scout form, it's not really a higher stage but it sort of is a defensive stage than an offense thing, great now I'm talking like a football player! Any way it's basically used for protection, but remember that this is not the same as the "golden prism power" if that made any sense.)

"Thanks, that's all I needed to know. Goodbye Pluto," Amari said as she looked up to the town clock, it was eleven fifty-five.

"Amari, coming from a friend's point of view… please try not to use the golden prism power. They're so many different effects and you don't get to choose which one you want to happen," said Pluto looking up with her eyes full of concern.

"Yes, I know, but maybe… I won't have to choose my fate," said Amari as she raised her henshin wand to the sky. "UNIVERSE GOLDEN STAR POWER!!!!!!"

"You already have…" whispered Pluto as she began to disappear.

***********

Someday somehow I'm gonna make it alright

but not right now

I know you're wondering when

(You're the only one who knows that)

************

Yami, Joey and Tea ran to the park, having no idea of what to look for, while Tristan had volunteered to stay and watch over Grandpa. Suddenly they spotted a white light coming from the center of the park.

"What's that?!" asked a stunned Tea.

"It can be only one thing…" said Joey staring at the light.

"Amari…" Yami said to himself. Then in a split second after he spoke the three broke out into a run towards the light.

*********

Someday somehow, I'm gonna make it alright

but not right now

I know you're wondering when

(You're the only one who knows that)

***********

The light died down and it showed Amari in her sailor form, floating in mid air. Except instead of Sailor Universe's clothes being blue and yellow, her outfit was bathed in white light, her bow even her tiara was a glowing white. Then a white portal was placed in front of her, and when the time came the portal would be replaced by Polaris' portal.

*~*~*~*

Yami, Joey and Tea continued to run towards the light. Suddenly Yami stopped in his tracks, as he saw through the trees Amari's figure floating in the air covered in light. In front of her was a white portal, and she appeared to be dazed at the portal, but he couldn't tell because her back was to them. Then, Yami glanced at the clock to see that it was eleven twenty-eight.

"NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" he shouted as he broke out into another run, but this one faster. He continued to shout Amari's name at the top of his lugs until he reached the floating sailor.

He could hear Joey and Tea not far behind him, but he didn't care he had to get to Amari before it was too late. Finally he reached her floating body, and froze where he stood, as she didn't seem to hear his cries.

*********

How the hell did we end up like this?

Why weren't we able

To see the signs that we missed

And try and turn the tables

*************************

"Amari…?" he whispered has he tried to fight back the tears.

At first Amari didn't even flinch at the sound of his voice, but then her body slowly turned to face him.

Yami looked up and his eyes widened in shock of the sight that was before him. Amari stared off into the distance and her eyes were…blank. She gave a blank stare ahead, as if her mind was somewhere else, still not noticing Yami at her feet.

"Amari? Amari, it's me… Yami" he said as a single tear ran down his cheek.

The sound of Yami's name echoed inside Amari's mind. After a couple of seconds it finally hit her and her eyes widened as they went back to normal. "Yami…?" she whispered.

Yami looked up to see Amari staring down at him in confusion.

"Amari, you're ok!" he said as a slight smile formed on his face, getting up from the ground

*************

Now the story's played out like this

Just like a paperback novel

Let's rewrite an ending that fits

Instead of a Hollywood horror

Nothing's wrong just as long as you know that someday I will

*****************

Amari began to smile too, but her face soon turned to sadness. "Yami, I have to do this,"

"No there has to be another way," he said as his smile faded, and he looked to the ground.

"There isn't another way," she said as she lowered herself to the ground to face him, lifting his chin up to see his face. "This is the only way,"

"No… No! I won't let you go through with this, I--" said Yami, right before Amari put her fingers over his mouth, stopping him from speaking anymore.

Amari sighed. "Yami, Yugi's my brother and I love him and……I love you too… Yami," she whispered to him.

Yami's eyes widened after hearing the words that stunned his heart. He grew speechless as his mouth and throat dried up inside of him. He stared at her in disbelief as another tear fell from his eyes. Amari noticed this and reached over and wiped the tear away. From the look on her face she knew that he would react this way, as if she had seen it before.

******************

Someday somehow I `m gonna make it alright

but not right now

I know you're wondering when

(You're the only one who knows that)

**********************

She glanced behind Yami to see Tea and Joey standing there in complete shock of the current seen before them. She then noticed that Tea was quietly crying while Joey looked to the ground, his lips tight, as if mad at the world.

Then she redirected her attention back to the stunned Yami. She stroked his cheek softly.

Suddenly the clock struck midnight and the clock began to make it's sound twelve times. Amari jerked her head away from Yami and looked at the clock, then to the white portal. A few seconds later, the white portal was nearly engulfed in a large black hole, then the two portals began to mix together forming a mixture of black and white surrounded in gray smoke. The clock continued to chime.

"It's time…" she said sadly, then she turned back to Yami, she then leaned in so that her mouth was next to his ear. "My promise… still stands," she whispered. Yami looked at her confused at her last statement. Then she smiled as she leaned in again and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

Yami closed his eyes as he kissed her back, then he felt tears touch his cheek but they weren't his. They finally broke apart and Yami looked at Amari and saw that she was silently crying. She tried to force a smile on her face but with little success. He took her hands in his for one last time to feel her warm touch against his.

"Amari…"

"Goodbye…" she said as she began to lift off of the ground once more, and as she rose Yami gripped her hand as if to never let go.

************

Someday somehow I `m gonna make it alright

but not right now

I know you're wondering when

(You're the only one who knows that)

**********************

"I love you--"said Amari giving one last tearful smile just before her mind was once again cut off from the outside world.

Yami began to panic as he was loosing grip of her hand. "No!" he shouted. But his cries were drowned out by the clock's final chimes. Then finally he could no longer hold her hand as her body turned to face the portal again. Then in a flash of light she was gone.

*************

I know you're wondering when

(You're the only one who knows that)

***********

"No…no… don't leave me…no…" said Yami as he fell to his knees crying. He could hear Tea's sobs behind him. Yami gripped the dirt and grass around him. "….no…."

"She's gone…" said Joey looking to the ground, "She's gone…"

**************

I know you're wondering when

***************

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: Well that was it! Hope you liked it, cause I enjoyed writing it!

Yami: *sniff*

Joey: *wiping his eyes*

Yugi; *breaks out crying*

Tea: *hands Yugi a hankie*

Yugi: *takes it* *blows nose in it*

Tea: -_-0

Yami: That was so sad!

Joey: *sniff* Yeah why did you have to make it so sad!?

SSU: Uh, maybe because I wanted to, besides who are the crybabies now?

Tristan: *sniff* We're not crying we're just moisturizing our eyes, that's all.

SSU: Uh huh, I see well go moisturize your eyes somewhere over there away from us girls. *points over to a far corner*

Guys: Ok we will! *walk over to small corner*

Girls: *roll eyes*