Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Battle of Hearts ❯ The Bait ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: For the thousandth time! I don't own Yugi-oh and I never will. *sniff*

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: Hey everyone here the next chapter! I hesitated putting this up so soon. But hopefully I made the right choice.

Yami: *reading over the new chapter* Uh huh….uh huh…ok… yes… uh huh…

Everyone else: *reading over Yami's shoulder* Oooo….Ahhhhh…awwww…

SSU: *leans in*

Yami : Not bad!

Everyone: *nods in agreement*

SSU: Really? Well everyone that hasn't read this read and tell me if it's good.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" came a scream followed by a huge crash from Yugi's room.

Amari's eyes snapped open, and she sprung out of her bed, only to nearly run into Yami who had just heard the noise.

"Yami what are you--?" she began to ask but stopped as she quickly pushed it aside, focusing on the huge crash that came from Yugi's room.

Then there was another crash, this one louder, that shook the entire house.

"What was that?" asked Yami, growing worried.

Amari just turned and ran out of the room towards Yugi's room, followed closely by Yami.

Once they reached the room, Amari's eyes widened in shock of the sight that was in front of her. Yami came up fast behind her.

"What is it Amari?" he asked her, not looking at the room at first. Then his eyes followed hers to see what was in front of her. His eyes, too, widened in shock of the room.

The room was nearly destroyed, and there was a huge hole in the wall, (exposing the outside) where the window had been. Yugi's bed had been tipped over and everything else was in ruins.

"Yugi!" called Amari as she ran further into the room, in search of her brother. She looked around but Yugi was nowhere in sight. Then she heard a cough from under the tipped over bed. She quickly took action and tried to lift the bed off of whom ever was under it. At first she had trouble lifting it since it was a full size bed, but all of a sudden it got lighter as she looked over to see Yami on the other side of the bed helping her lift it up. Finally they pushed the bed over, as it hit the floor with a thud on the other side of the room.

Amari looked down, hoping to find her brother there but instead it was…

"Grandpa!?" she said as she knelt, next to the injured Grandpa. He coughed continuously now that the bed was off of him. He lied there motionless aside from his coughing.

"Grandpa?" repeated Amari quietly.

This time Grandpa's eye's fluttered open. He looked around in search of the voice that was calling his name, then spotted Yami and Amari beside him.

"Amari…Yami…" he whispered.

"Yes Grandpa we're here," said Amari. Yami quickly reached for a pillow and put it under Grandpa's head.

"Grandpa, are you ok?" asked Amari.

Grandpa slightly nodded.

"What happened?" asked Yami.

"There was a man… with a patch on his eye…" he said in between breaths. Amari and Yami exchanged glances. Automatically Amari knew who it was and stood up and ran her hand through her hair. She turned her back to Grandpa and Yami.

"Yes, and what did he do with Yugi?" asked Yami.

"He-he… took him away. I came in the room to find the man…taking him," he said as he lifted a finger toward the huge hole in the wall.

At these words, Amari shut her eyes and pressed her lips together, still not turning around to see where grandpa was pointing.

Then Grandpa's hand dropped as he went unconscious.

"Grandpa?" asked Amari as she turned around, concerned of the sudden silence.

Yami quickly checked Grandpa's pulse.

"He'll be ok, but he got hit pretty hard," said Yami.

Amari nodded, then noticed to where Grandpa had been pointing before he passed out. She walked over to the huge hole in the wall, and watched the sunrise. *Yugi…* she thought to herself. The outside wind blew around her face and something ruffled in the wind in front of her feet. She looked down to find a piece of paper next to the hole.

"Huh?" She bent down, picked it up , and stood up again. "What's this?"

She quickly opened it with curiosity. It read…

Dear Princess,

I'm guessing that you found out that I visited your house last night. I decided to pick up a few things that I'm sure that you find very close to you. Yes if you look around you'll notice that your little brother, Yugi, is missing. Also if you haven't figured it out by now I've also taken his millenium puzzle which according to my research is directly linked to your dear friend Yami. Therefore destroying the puzzle automatically cuts off Yami's life source.

So let me raise the stakes a little. Come to the park at exactly midnight, and go to the place where we first met, and once the clock strikes twelve a portal will open leading you to your brother and also to me. If you don't come or decide to bring any of you scout friends, your precious Yugi and Yami… well lets just say they're history. Hope to see you soon princess!

Polaris

Amari closed up the letter and turned to see Yami staring at her with a worried look.

"No…" she whispered to herself not wanting to take her eyes off of him, as his sharp eyes cut through her heart. Then she crumpled the letter in her fist, "I…won't let you…do this…" she said as her eyes soon turned from sadness to fury.

Suddenly she broke eye contact with Yami and ran out of the room.

"Amari wait!" said Yami as he ran after her.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Amari quickly walked through the hallway and down the stairs.

"Amari wait!" Yami repeated, having to run to catch up to her.

Amari continued to walk, picking up the pace. She tried to ignore Yami's cries, as she closed her eyes.

Yami called her name once more just as she reached the bottom of the stairs. Finally he reached the bottom, too, in just enough time to catch her by the arm, preventing her from going any farther.

"Amari…" he said out of breath as Amari stopped at his touch on her arm, "Don't let Polaris get to you,"

Amari's head drooped to the ground, and she relaxed the arm the Yami was holding.

"Amari look at me," he said to her.

At first Amari hesitated but soon turned, not letting Yami let go of her arm. She continued to stare at the floor avoiding Yami's stare. Yami ducked his head a little to see if he could see her eyes, but couldn't so he lifted her chin up higher so that she had no choice but to look at him. So instead of looking at the floor Amari continued to avoid his stare by reverting her eyes to the wall beside them. Yami noticed this but continued to hold her chin up.

"Amari, I know that you're hurt. I want Yugi back just as much as you do. But you can't let your emotions get the better of you, that's just what Polaris wants you to do," he said. At this Amari's eyes finally gave in and looked at Yami directly.

Then there was silence. Amari continued to look into Yami's eyes. *What am I going to do? I just can't let Polaris win if I go, but I also can just sit around and wait knowing that time is running out for Yugi and Yami. Either way Polaris will win. Unless…* she thought to herself.

"Yami…" she said as she reach up and brushed the side Yami's cheek, "I-I have to do this… I'm sorry," she said as she pulled her hand away from his face and stepped back. Then she turned around with a saddened face and headed for the door.

Yami began to panic. *I can't let her go through with this!* he told himself.

"Amari wait!" he called out to her, but she continued to walk. Then she reached the door and began to turn the knob.

Then something struck Yami's thoughts. "Amari if you go through with this then you'll be doing the same thing that you've been trying so hard not to do!" he called out to her. At this Amari stopped turning the knob and her hand dropped to her side. She turned and gave Yami a weird look like she had no idea of what he was talking about.

"What?" she asked him, getting slightly irritated at the fact that he had stopped her from leaving again.

"Amari I--"

"No, what did you say?" her voice stern.

"I said that if you go through this you going to do the exact thing that you promised to avoid."

"And what's that?"

Yami sighed. "To-to make sure that the past doesn't repeat itself,"

Then it hit Amari. *He's right! I did make that promise.* Amari's irritation quickly vanished as she stared at the saddened Yami.

"If-if you go through with this, you'll…" he trailed off, looking at the floor, "I just can't bare the fact that I might loose you,"

Then there was another long silence as Yami continued to look at the floor. Soon a pair of hands reached out and took his hands. He looked up to see Amari staring at him with a slight smile. The eyes filled with tears.

"Oh Yami…" she said and she quickly embraced him, resting her head on his chest as she quietly cried. At first Yami was a little surprised at the sudden action but soon hugged back.

"…What am I going to do…?" she whispered to him, still crying.

"It's ok… we'll figured something out… I promise…" he said as he kissed her head and rocked her in his arms. Then he stared up at the ceiling trying hard not to cry. "I promise…"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: Well that was the chapter! I hope you guys liked it as much as I liked writing it.

Yami: *sniff*

SSU; Yami are you ok?

Yami: *sniff* Yes. *sniff*

Tea: *pats Yami on back* Yea sometimes he gets emotional on chapters like these.

SSU: Oh.

Everyone (except Yami and Tea): -_-0

SSU: Anyway, I've decided that since my reviewers like this story so much, I'm going to add a few more chapters than expected, so the story isn't over yet! Please R&R! But no flames!