Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Battle of Hearts ❯ The Card and The Legendary Attack ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Yea yea you know what goes here…

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: Well here another chapter! Yea ok this chapter is kind of romantic, so if you don't like romance…well deal. Besides you can't skip this chap. because it explains a bunch of stuff.

Yami: *taps SSU on shoulder (again)*

SSU: *rolls eyes and turns around* What is it Yami?

Yami: You still haven't told us who won the game.

SSU: Oh yeah! I forgot!

Joey: My money's on the girls.

Yugi: Hey wait a minute Joey! You're a boy and you were on our team not the girls!

Joey: Yea I know, but I know the girls won because I barely got to shot anyone therefore without my superior skills you probably didn't rack up as many points as I would have.

Everyone: *rolls eyes*

SSU: Well do you really want to know who won?

Everyone: Yes.

SSU: You sure?

Everyone: YES!!!!

SSU: You sur---

Bakura: Ok will you just tell us SSU!

SSU: It was a TIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Muahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Everyone: *anime fall*

Yami: *gets up* Wait how did we get a tie?

Joey: Yea I was pretty sure that the girls won, because I barely shot anyone!

SSU: YOU barely shot anyone but someone on your team covered for you.

Joey: Who?

Everyone: *thinks then turns to Yugi who is whistling innocently*

Joey: YUGI! I just put all my money on the girls!

Yugi: What I can't help it if I'm good at the game!

Tea: Pay up Joey!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^

Amari sat on the guestroom bed looking through some Duel Monsters cards that Yugi had let her take for the afternoon. Joey and the gang had to go home and finish their chores, while Mai had to go back to work. She scanned through Yugi's deck and picked up the Dark Magician. Once again she felt a strange aura of power around it, but this time she had figured out what it was and why it was doing it. *This card…* she thought to herself *… it must mean the relationship that Yugi holds with it and the millennium puzzle too. I wonder what other cards are connected to my friends.* She smile and set the card down onto the pile.

Just then someone knocked on her door.

Amari looked up to see Yami popping his head through the crack in the door.

"Can I come in?" he asked.

Amari smiled, "Sure why not."

So Yami walked in and hopped on the bed. Then he noticed what Amari had been looking at.

"Duel Monsters?" he asked looking at Amari in confusion.

"Yea, Yugi let me borrow them for the afternoon to look at."

"Oh…" he said picking up the Dark Magician. He smiled, then set the card back down.

Amari continued to skim through the deck until she came across another card that had an aura that seemed to interest her. She picked it up and observed the picture on it. (I made up the card so don't even try looking for it) The picture showed a woman bathed in light, the source of the light seemed to come from the center of the woman's chest. On the outskirts of the card's picture was different shades of blue, and the outfit (that you could see from the light) that the woman was wearing seemed to me a blue dress and she was covered in blue ribbons, etc. Amari stared at the picture in awe of it wonder, until Yami made her come back to earth.

He had become curious of what card she was starring at, so he slowly took the card out of Amari's hands and looked at it.

"Oh this card is very helpful to me and Yugi sometimes," he said as he gave it back to Amari.

Amari read the title at the top. "The name is "Battle of the Hearts"?" What does it do?"

"Well, it's a magic card. Once it is placed on the field, it automatically sends any "dark" monsters or "evil" monsters on either side straight to the graveyard reguardless of attack or defense points."

Amari's eyes widened in amusement. "Wow, I guessing that this is a powerful card."

Yami nodded. Then something suddenly came back to him.

"Hey Amari do you remember that flashback that you and I had earlier today, you know when we--"

"-kissed?" said Amari finishing Yami's question. Yami just nodded.

Amari smiled, "Yes I remember."

Then there was silence until Amari realized that no one was going to speak until she did.

"Yes, it seemed that in that flashback that you and I had a close relationship," she said looking at the Battle of the Hearts card, while she was talking.

"And what do we have now?" asked Yami with a slight smile.

"What do you mean?" asked Amari, sounding curious.

Yami just smiled and let the thought sink in.

"Oh!" she said just now realizing what he meant, then she blushed "…oh… well yea we have a relationship," she said trying to hide her blushing by putting the card in front of her face, pretending to focus on it.

"Is it a good one?" asked Yami continuing to smile. He loved doing this to her.

"Yes," smiled Amari, blushing even more.

Then there was another moment of silence, as Yami reached over and bent the card back so he could see her face. Amari just brought the card down to her lap and placed it on the pile, not taking her eyes off of Yami's. Yami continued to stare at her until Amari snapped out of her daze and blushed again.

"Yami, I swear if you don't stop starring at me like that--," she said trying hard not to blush.

"-you're afriad that you might like it?" smiled Yami, finishing her sentence, still not taking his eyes off of her's.

"What! No way-well…" she said dumbfounded, fearing that he might me right.

She then glanced back over to him realizing that he wasn't going to give up that easily.

"Uh… Yami!" she said as she lied down on her bed, starring at the ceiling, "You don't give up do you!"

"Not until I get my answer," he said putting his hands on either side of her, hovering over her upper body and her face.

Amari just smiled at this sudden action. Yami also smiled, then leaned down and kissed her.

A couple seconds later they parted and Yami smiled.

"I'm guessing that this was the good relationship that we were talking about earlier."

"Uh, Yami…" she said as she lightly pushed him off of her and sat up.

"By the way I still haven't gotten my answer."

"And you won't get it!" she teased.

"Well then I guess I'm going to have to result to… tickling you to death!" he said as he began to tickle her, nonstop.

Amari screamed out in laughter, jolting back and forth on the bed, trying to avoid Yami's hands. At first Yami began to tickle her near her rib cage then he was tickling her all along her sides, making Amari trash back and forth even faster.

"Tell me!" commanded Yami, still tickling her.

"Never!" she said, laughing uncontrollably.

"Come on Amari! I won't stop until you tell me!"

"I'll--- never--- tell--" she said in-between laughs. At this, Yami began to tickle her even harder and faster.

They would have gone like this forever, if it weren't for Grandpa's knocking on the door.

"Hello? Yami? Amari?" called Grandpa at the closed door. He slowly opened it and peeked inside.

Suddenly Yami stopped tickling Amari and they both sat up straight on the bed.

"Am I interrupting anything?" asked Grandpa opening the door all the way.

"No, grandpa," said Amari giving a laugh every couple seconds, "We were just talking that's all."

Grandpa eyed them suspiciously then soon relaxed, "Ok then, well supper's ready so you two come along."

"Ok Grandpa, we'll be right there." said Amari starting to get up.

Yami also got up off of the bed and they both followed Grandpa out of the room.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

At dinner that night, everyone ate in silence. Every once in a while Amari and Yami would make eye contact, smile, and then continue eating. Yugi, who was at the end of the table, with Amari and Yami on either side of him, noticed the exchange of looks, smiled and shook his head, going back to eating. Grandpa, who was new to all of the things that we going on at the time, grew annoyed at the awkward silence.

"Well, what did you three do today?" said Grandpa, trying to strike up a conversation. The three teens exchanged glances.

"Well Grandpa, we went to the mall and found Mai working and Joey didn't know that she worked there and then they got into this big argument. Something about how she thought he'd make fun of her and he said--" said Yugi trying to explain every detail of their day.

"What Yugi is trying to say is that we went to the mall and then to the laser tag convention, and had a great time," interrupted Amari.

Yami just laughed to himself.

"Yeah I had a blast!" said Yugi.

"Only because you got the award for the person that hit the most targets," accused Yami.

"Well I bet Yami and Amari would have gotten just as much points if they weren't hiding in a tunnel half of the time--"said Yugi all of a sudden cutting himself off, realizing of what he had just said.

Amari's eye's widened while Yami gave Yugi the "I can't believe you actually said that" look. Grandpa just raised his eyebrow.

"Oh really…" said Grandpa, curious to know the story behind it.

"Well Grandpa, that was a great dinner but now I'm starting to get really full," said Amari wiping her mouth off with her napkin and getting up from the table.

"Me too, great dinner though," said Yami getting up from the table also.

The two both left the room and ran up stairs leaving Yugi and Grandpa at the table.

Grandpa just smiled smugly at Yugi. Yugi smiled back then shrunk giving a hurt look.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Amari and Yami both walked up the stairs and through the hallway to Amari's room.

"I can't believed that Yugi spilled!" said Amari leading the way.

"I don't think he meant to though. It just slipped out." said Yami trying to keep up with Amari.

"Yea I guess you're right," she said as she slowly came to a stop at her door. She turned to face Yami.

"Well, um I'm going to go and get ready for bed it's been a long day," she said.

"Tell me about it," said Yami running his hands through his hair.

"Well, um… goodnight," she said as she hesitated then kissed Yami on the cheek, then she reached for the doorknob behind her and opened the door and smiling just before she closed it.

*~*~*~*~*~Later on that night*~*~*~*~*

Amari tossed and turned in her bed…

------Amari's dream-----

Polaris laughed evilly as Sailor Universe tried to get up from her place on the ground.

"You can never defeat me!" he shouted.

"You're wrong," said the now standing Sailor Universe. Suddenly she began to glow in golden light, and she was lifted off of the ground. "I call on the powers of the Universe… UNIVERSE GOLDEN PRISUM POWER!!!!!!!"

Suddenly the entire room was filled with light.

"NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!" shouted Yami from somewhere.

*~*~*~*End of dream*~*~*~*~*~*

Amari's eyes snapped open. She quickly looked around her room to make sure that it was a dream and sat up in her bed. She was covered in sweat and she felt something warm on her fore head. She quickly got up and ran to her mirror to see the Universe symbol on her fore head.

"What?!" she asked herself out loud. Then a thought came to her and she ran out of the room only to run into someone.

"Whoa Amari what's the rush?" came Yami's voice.

"Oh Yami thank god it's you!" she said still holding her forehead.

"Bad dream?" guessed Yami.

"Yea, how'd you know?"

"Well I kind of figured since that's why I'm up,"

"Oh…"

"Yea I had this weird dream that you and I were in this strange room and Polaris was laughing hysterically, and then you began to glow and you shouted out… `UNIVERSE GOLDEN PRISUM POWER'. Funny of how those words were used in that flashback that you and I both had,"

Amari backed away from the doorway and sat on her bed, as her sign slowly disappeared. "That-That's the same dream that I had," she said in thought.

"That would explain your symbol glowing on your fore head earlier. But that's kind of unusual don't you think?"

"Yea…" she paused and thought it over some more, " It seems that sometimes when we make some certain kind of contact, that our past selves would have done, such as a kiss, or and hand shake, it sometimes connects us to our past lives… even in our dreams,"

"Well that explains all these weird dreams and flashbacks that we've been having together," said Yami.

Amari nodded in agreement.

"But what's this Golden Prism Power thing? What is it?" asked Yami.

" `Golden Prism Power' where have I heard that before…?" Amari asked herself as she trailed off.

------------------------Flashback (a year ago) (AN: Sailor Moon fans-> This is after Sailor Moon has beaten Galaxia, and the sailors are called princesses because they are actually princesses of their own kingdoms on their own planets) --------

"Golden Prism Power…" said Amari's palace teacher (or sailor scout trainer), "this attack can only be used by royalty, one with a golden heart."

For hours the teacher had been trying to teach the sailor scouts the list of attacks, that they were required to learn, before they became "true sailors". Obviously the teenage sailors we too distracted to listen to her.

The annoyed teacher stormed over to Sailor Mars's desk, who seemed to be meditating (don't ask if you don't know).

"Princess Mars! I suggest you stop meditating! It'll do no use for you here!" said the annoyed teacher, as Mars continued to meditate.

"And Princess Mercury! Stop reading that book! It has nothing to do with your studies!" she commanded looking over to the blue-haired girl who also ignored her. Sailor Uranus and Neptune were leaning against the window sill, talking about who knows what, and Sailor Moon, Jupiter, Venus, and Sailor Universe were in their little group talking also. Universe seemed to be listening more than talking. The teacher stormed over to the group.

"You know I still don't see why we have to have this class. We've already saved the world and universe so many times that I've lost count," said a bored Sailor Moon.

The other scouts nodded in agreement.

"Ladies?" said the teacher walking up to them, making the girls jump a little "Have you been listening to any thing I've said?"

"Well, yea we have," lied Jupiter. The other girls again nodded in agreement.

"Oh really…" the teacher said suspiciously, "Well then girls, would you care to tell me what I just said?"

"Yea, you just told Mercury to stop reading her book," joked Venus.

"Noooo…. Before that…" said the teacher, through her teeth, now really annoyed.

"Oh…" the girls said, trailing off into silence.

"I was talking about the `Golden Prism Power' attack. What it does is quite amusing, only it does have some side affects…" she paused to make sure that she had the girl's attention, including Uranus and Neptune's who had just tuned in. "The side affects are amnesia, or you could be sent into another dimension, or with the right amount of power and strength you could reborn everyone thousands of years into the future. The side effects can be very dangerous and can cause many things to happen even death…" She then stopped and glanced over at Sailor Universe/Amari.

"You girls need to start paying attention to these details. You might need to know them in the future," she said walking over to Amari's desk, "… Especially you Princess Universe…" she said making eye contact with Amari. Amari just gave a confused look towards the teacher, *What does she mean?* she thought to herself.

------------End of Dream-------------------

"That attack that my teacher was talking about must have been what I did in the past to make every thing reborn again. Polaris told me that my attack sent everyone into the future, me into the future but in another dimension, and Polaris into some other dimension," said Amari sitting on her bed deep in thought. (Did you catch all of that?)

"She also said that the side effects were…well dangerous," said Amari.

"Wait how dangerous?" asked Yami growing concerned.

"Well… death being one of them…"

"What!? Death!?" jumped Yami as he quickly came to Amari's side, he put his hands on her shoulders and knelt to face her, "What do you mean death, Amari?"

"Well if I'm weak enough I could die, if I do the attack that is," said Amari trying not to make eye contact with Yami.

"Well lets just hope you never have to do the attack," said Yami relaxing a little as stood up again, running his hand through his hair.

Amari looked up and nodded in agreement.

Then Yami took her hands into his. "Remember Amari, we can't let the past repeat itself."

Again Amari nodded in agreement. Then there was a long silence until Amari began to feel sleepy again.

"Well Yami, I'm going to try and get back to sleep," said Amari getting up from her place on the bed, nearly bumping into Yami who was still standing in front of her and still holding her hands. Then she nearly lost her balance because there wasn't enough room for her to stand in the space in front of Yami. Finally she did loose her balance and began to fall back toward the bed until Yami quickly took one of his hands and wrapped it around her waist, catching her before she fell back onto the bed. Then he pushed her back up to him, making her fling her arms around his neck, making their noses almost touch. (Sound familiar?)

Amari just smiled as she stared into Yami's eyes. "Yami…?" she whispered to him softly.

Then she noticed that Yami wasn't returning the smile, infact he seemed totally serious.

"Promise me that you won't let the past repeat itself. Please? I don't want to loose you." he asked, his eyes full of worry.

Noticing Yami's concern for her, Amari slowly leaned in and kissed him. A moment later they broke apart, as Amari smiled back at him.

"I promise," she said.

Then Yami's seriousness soon faded and he let go of her. "Well I better be getting to bed too."

"Good night, Yami," smiled Amari, as she got into her bed.

"Good night," he said as he approached the door. Then he stopped and turned to take another look at Amari. He waited a few minutes and then approached Amari's now sleeping figure.

He reached out and lightly ran his finger through Amari's soft hair, then he reached over and ran his fingers along the side of Amari's soft face.

"Amari…" he whispered. Then her turned to see a chair and a blanket behind him. Not really wanting to leave Amari, he walked over to the chair and blanket and sat down, wrapping himself in the blanket, and soon he was fast asleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Polaris stood on a tree branch outside of Amari's bedroom, and glared at the scene that had just taken place. This was the second time he had spied on the couple, and it somewhat disgusted him and yet it intrigued him also, making him want to make Amari suffer even more than before.

"Foolish girl…" he said coldly. "Soon you will regret ever coming back home to your family. Soon you will even regret being alive….soon….very soon."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: Well everyone this story is gonna be ending in the next couple of chapters. *sniff* But don't you worry hopefully it will be worth your while. And I'm already planning to have a sequel to this.

Everyone: *groans*

SSU: What?!

Bakura: Not another story!

Yugi: A sequel?

Joey: You've got to be kidding!

Yami: Another story… with you!?

SSU: *glares at the 4 boys*

Yami: *changes his mind* I mean… Another story with you…? I wouldn't miss it for the world! *faking it*

SSU: *content* Well if the reviewers like this one, then I'll write a sequel but the only way they can tell me that is *cough* to (hint hint) review *cough* more! *cough*

Yugi: Ok I think you need to get that cough inspected. Have you seen a doctor lately?

SSU: *rolls eyes*