Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Battle of Hearts ❯ Flashbacks and Laser Tag ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Do I really have to tell you? All I own is Amari!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: Yey so many people are reviewing! This is great! The readers must really like this story!

Yami: No duh.

Bakura: Yea like they'd review if they didn't like the story. *rolls eyes*

SSU: Watch it you two I can easily turn you two yamis into something rather unpleasant.

Yami/Bakura: *shrink*

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Polaris walked in darkness towards two figures in the distance. He gave a twisted smile as he stopped before the two beings. The two figures were chained to a black wall in mid-air by their hands and their feet. They sagged in their chains, appearing unconscious.

"Wake up Sailor Neptune, I never said anything about you sleeping while I was gone," said Polaris continuing to smile evilly as he watched the blue-haired girl stir. Then he directed his attention to the other figure in the chains a couple feet from Sailor Neptune.

"Ah, Sailor Uranus, you're already awake. Sleep well?" asked Polaris.

"Screw you!" Uranus snapped back, as she tried to break loose from her chains.

Polaris just raised an eyebrow, "Well what a greeting," he said dryly.

Neptune slowly awoke to notice that she was in chains, and floating in midair. She tried to break loose but it was hopeless. She then winced as a sharp pain shot through her stomach. She looked down to find that the injury from where Polaris had blasted her earlier was still there. Knowing that every sailor heals a little faster than normal, this became a shock to Neptune that it was still there.

//"It was a deep wound, Neptune,"// came Uranus's voice.

Neptune turned her head and she saw Uranus staring at her. She had noticed that Uranus's lips hadn't moved, indicating that Uranus had spoken to Neptune through her mind (telepathic).

//"How deep?"// asked Neptune through her mind to Uranus.

//Very deep, well deep enough to keep you out for a couple of days,"//

Neptune looked over Uranus's beaten down body. Her uniform was torn and she had scrapes and bruises in some places and a dried bloodstain on her chest that had run down the side of her body. Uranus had obviously healed faster then Neptune had, and from the dried bloodstain on her chest and side, she hadn't been hit directly. But the stain was larger that Neptune's meaning that Uranus that gotten pretty close to Polaris before she was hit.

//"Are you ok?"// asked Neptune.

Uranus just nodded.

//"Where are we anyway?"// asked Neptune starting to look curious.

//"I'm not really sure, but I have this feeling that we're in another dimension of some sort,"// said Uranus looking around.

//"Do you think Pluto can find us?"//

//"I don't know, Neptune. I just don't know anymore,"//

While Uranus and Neptune had been communicating telepathically, Polaris had turned his back on the two and was concentrating on a huge whirlpool of smoke. Then the smoke in the inner part of the pool cleared and the outer smoke encircled a picture of Amari walking in the mall with her friends.

Uranus noticed this and her eyes were suddenly filled with fear as she saw the picture.

"Oh no, Amari!" she said trying to break free. Neptune noticed this too and began to break free also.

Polaris turned at the sudden outburst and stared at the two scouts trying to break loose.

"Well I see that you're done communicating telepathically," he said crossing his arms in front of him.

Uranus and Neptune stopped struggling and stared at Polaris in disbelief.

Polaris laughed evilly. "Yes, I know all about your little abilities. What did you think I'd return without being prepared from what I'm dealing with here? I might not know exactly what you two are saying but don't you worry that will all change once I defeat your little princess and…"Polaris looked up at the two girls, "…steal her powers."

"WHAT?!" asked Uranus in disbelief.

"YOU CAN'T DO THAT TO HER! SHE MIGHT DIE!" shouted Neptune, leaning forward in her chains, in disbelief also.

"If it comes to her dying then so be it. It's time for her to suffer as I did when she blasted me into another dimension, and ridded the universe of all evil at the time."

Uranus and Neptune began to struggle in their chains again.

"Don't bother," said Polaris watching them struggle once again. "the more you struggle, the tighter they'll get until you can't move at all."

"MONSTER!!" shouted Uranus.

Polaris just gave another twisted smile and then slowly began to vanish. "Don't worry Uranus, I'll be sure to tell Amari "hello" for you," he said just before he vanished completely.

Uranus began to try and break free but after a few tries she grew tired and leaned herself back against the wall. She began to lightly bang her head against the wall, repeatedly.

"It's all coming true…" said Neptune softly. Uranus suddenly stopped her banging and stared at Neptune, who looked at the floor with sad eyes, resting her head against the wall.

"Huh?"

"It's all coming true from what I saw in my mirror…" (AN: You Yugioh fans, this is Neptune's special weapon and it can weaken enemies and show what happens in the present or future)

---------------------------Flashback (a year ago)-------------------------

Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune were walking in the hallways of the palace when Neptune's sign began to shine on her forehead and she quickly grabbed her mirror. She began to stare in it. Suddenly an image appeared in the mirror of Amari being carried in the rain by someone, then another with Amari kissing the same boy in a dark room. Then it showed Amari in a room made out of gold being hurt and collapsing to the floor, then another with Polaris laughing insanely looking down at the unconscious Sailor Universe. The a final image of Princess Amari floating in mid-air holding the legendary golden prism at her chest bathed in light and then collapsing. (AN: The golden prism is the source of the Universe kingdom's power and only royalty and a person with a pure heart and soul can weld it.

"Neptune? Are you ok? What did you see?" asked Uranus staring at Neptune, worriedly.

Neptune snapped out of her daze and looked up at Uranus.

"What did you see?" asked Uranus again.

Neptune told Uranus about the vision and waited for Uranus's reaction.

"Well should we tell Queen Sora?" asked Uranus in disbelief of what she had just been told.

"No, we might as well not. Queen Sora already has enough problems already with Princess Amari leaving and all."

"Yea, besides it might not ever come true," said Uranus as they began to walk again.

But both of them knew for a fact the Neptune's mirror's visions were rarely wrong.

-------------------------End Flashback--------------------------------------

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Amari and the gang walked down towards the laser tag convention. On the way down there, Amari had given Tea permission to fill in Mai with Amari's dark secret and what had happened lately. At first Mai didn't believe it but instead of asking a lot of questions she just shrugged it off, and decided to play along.

Yugi had noticed that Amari was barely limping like she usually did, since her leg was hurt.

"I can see that your leg is better," he said to Amari, looking at her leg. Amari noticed this and stopped to observe her leg.

"Well almost. It sometimes hurts when I use it too much, but other than that, it does look like it is better, said Amari.

Soon, they reach the laser tag convention and went up to the lady at the arcade ticket booth.

"Seven for laser tag please," said Joey and he handed the lady some money and the lady handed him the tickets.

Once they were in the waiting room a instructor came in and began to explain the rules.

"Ok, now that we have all of the instructions over with, you will be split into two teams, now please pick your partner wisely and since we only have an odd number of you then I'll be on the team that has the least number of people after the picking."

"Ok, well me and Amari are going to be the two team captains!" Joey shouted and then he turned to the girls, "So which one of you ladies want to be on my team?"

The girls all raised their eyebrows.

"I'm with Joey," said Tristan coming to Joey's side, "Believe me you don't want to be against this guy" he said patting Joey on the shoulder.

"Is that so….? Ok then I'm on Amari's team, and we'll just see how tough you are Joey Wheeler!" said Mai going over to Amari's side.

"And I'm also going with Amari," said Tea engaging her laser gun, "Besides I still own Tristan a beating,"

"What about you two?" asked Joey looking at Yami and Yugi who still had not picked a team.

"Well let's see here…" Yugi said taking out his hands and weighing them as if on a scale, "…best friend….or sister….best friend… or sister…hummmm… I'm going to have to go with best friend…sorry Amari."

"It's ok," said Amari smiling at her brother as he walked over to Joey and Tristan.

Yami just stood in between the two teams and soon after a lot of pondering, Yami walked over to Joey's group.

"Sorry girls but I'm going to have to go with the winning team here," he said smirking.

"Ok, then it's settled..." said Joey engaging his laser gun, "It's the King of Games against the Princess of the Universe!"

"Nice touch, now can we just play?" said Tea holding up her laser gun and walking toward the battle field entrance.

"Ok! Has everyone picked their team mates?" asked the instructor who had just came from a hidden doorway near the battle field room (most likely the supervising room).

"Yeah this is our team," said Joey pointing to his group of four, "and that's the other team," he said pointing to the girls on the other end of the room near the door.

"Whoa, boys against girls, ladies and gentlemen I think we have a gender war here!"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lasers flew everywhere lighting up the huge laser-tag battlefield. The battlefield had three stories with many look out points, hiding places, tunnels, etc (basically a maze).

Yugi ran, ducking every once and a while making sure not to get hit by the lasers, which would make his laser vest go off (you know like when someone gets hit their laser jacket/vest lights up and makes this sound), making him out of the game for about 30 seconds. The girls and guys had gone their different ways in different parts of the battlefield, and had begun shooting.

Tea had been on his tail for a while, and Yugi couldn't loose her. Then he cut a sharp corner and hid in a crevasse in the wall and waited for Tea to pass. Soon Tea passed right by him, and when she had her back turned he snuck out of his hiding place and began to run the other way.

He reached a look out point and began to look down to the last story and watched as he saw Amari running in the open, trying to stay alert. Yugi had a clean shot of her and took it.

"Got ya! Score!" he said as he did his little victory dance. Then his jacket made the "You've been shot" sound and he turned around to see Tea behind him with her gun pointed at him, grinning devilishly.

"Hey! No fair you caught me off guard!" shouted Yugi as his jacket rebooted and he began to chase Tea. Tea just gave a frightened look and began to run in the other direction with Yugi not far behind.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Amari suddenly became alert as her jacket lit up and made a sound telling her that she had been hit from somewhere out of her reach. She decided to run up to the first floor and find a look out point so she could find some people. She had never played laser tag before but she learned quickly and had begun to forget about Polaris and what she was to do about him.

Once she reached the look out point she peered over the side and looked out on the bottom floor. She saw Mai running across the open part of the field with Joey hot on her trail. He stopped and prepared to fire while Mai was still running.

"MAI!!! LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU!!!" Amari called down to her teammate. Suddenly Mai turned around and fired at Joey before Joey could even prepare to aim. She hit him directly on the first try.

"Hey!" shouted Joey as he stared at his jacket that was making noises in disbelief. "You shot me…. You really shot me…. no one's ever shot me on the first try!" he said to Mai.

"There's a first time for everything Joey." Mai said as she waved up to Amari.

Amari smiled and continued to look over the area as she watched Joey's jacket reboot and him continue to chase after Mai.

Then she spotted Yami in the out-skirts of the open area. She couldn't shot him from where she was because he was turned to the side and under her.

Then she got an idea. She noticed a bar above her but a little outwards, near the center of the open area. So she got on top of the look out point and jumped to the bar, hanging by her hands. (A.N.: This is sort of a gymnastics move I guess) Then she began to swing herself back and forth until she had enough momentum, then she pushed her self up on the bar and flipped herself around it, letting go of the bar, and flying towards an opposing wall. Thinking fast, she sprung off of the wall by her feet, flipped, and landed right in front of Yami. She winced a little bit because of her leg but not enough for Yami to notice.

Yami at first looked wide eyed in amazement, and then her gave a slight smirk.

"Impressive…" he said.

"Very…" Amari said as she pushed her laser gun against Yami's chest. Then she quickly took the shot and ran off leaving Yami dumfounded.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tristan had been hidden on the top floor in a corner, trying to dodge the instructor's good aiming at him. They had been going at it for a while and Tristan couldn't move without being shot. So he sat in the corner until suddenly the instructor's shooting stopped.

Taking the opportunity, Tristan peered around the wall and noticed Yugi had shot the instructor while running after Tea. Therefore the instructor couldn't shot for a while, giving him a chance to escape.

He quickly snuck out from the corner, and stood up in triumph of his escape without being shot, only to be hit by Tea who was across the room, grinning at him evilly.

"Hey!" shouted Tristan as he quickly grabbed his gun, waited for his jacket to quickly reboot, and aimed for Tea.

Tea still giggling didn't notice Tristan sudden reaction, until her jacket lit up as he shot her back. Tea stared at her jacket then glared at Tristan as she began to run towards him.

"That's it Tristan! You're going to really get it now!" she shouted after him.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Amari had began to take the offense on Yami, but with no luck finding him, she began to help Mai in finding Joey. After awhile of running, Amari's leg began to slow her down. (AN: Hey it might be nearly healed, but I never said all the way!) She soon had to stop completely, and take a breath while observing her leg.

Then she heard Tea shout a threat to Tristan. Fearing that Tristan was close and armed, and knowing that in her present condition that she couldn't fight him, she quickly found a small tunnel, hopefully leading to a small hideout until she could regain her strength.

She quietly crawled in the tunnel, not knowing where it would lead. Then she stopped and leaned against the wall while propping her feet on the other end of the tunnel. It seemed a little cramped but it didn't bother her that much. She took at deep breath.

Not knowing what to do while she waited to regain her strength completely, she began to think about the last couple of days. Suddenly her mind drifted back to reality, as she began to think about Polaris's threat towards her.

"Tell you what if you don't show me you true strength soon then I'll have to force it out of you. And by force I mean taking you friends and showing them what real pain is like. Think about it princess!" laughed Polaris.

Amari closed her eyes as Polaris's words echoed in her head. "…your friends…showing… real pain… real pain…real pain…"

"My friends…what am I to do?" she said out loud. She stared at the ceiling with tears filling her eyes, but she wouldn't let the tears fall.

Then another thing struck her mind of what Polaris had said…

"I know all about your relationship with Yami. Oh, yes he'd make a wonderful candidate for your undoing. Or perhaps you younger brother Yugi, so young and innocent. Yes, both of them would do nicely," smirked Polaris.

Amari once again closed her eyes as she finally let a single tear fall.

"Yugi… Yami…" she said out loud again.

A moment later she heard someone cough in the tunnel. She jumped a little surprised that someone was there and had heard everything. Knowing that the tunnel did go a little deeper, she got up and began to crawl on her knees down the tunnel towards the mysterious cough. Then suddenly she bumped into someone.

The person jumped back. "Who are you?" they both said in unison.

Then Amari paused as she somehow recognized the voice.

"Yami… is that you?" she asked.

The person quickly reached over and pressed the light button on his jacket, and lighting up his face.

"Amari?" asked Yami as he stared at her. "What are you doing in here?"

"My leg was starting to give me trouble so I had to take a break, and you?"

"Same thing, I tried to help Yugi get Tea, but…" he laughed, "…it looks like he's go it under control."

Amari smiled at his laughter, then she turned serious.

"Um Yami…?"

"Yea?"

"You didn't by chance happen to hear what I was saying a moment ago?" she asked biting her lower lip.

Yami at first hesitated, "No," he lied, "…not really."

Amari sighed in relief, as she and Yami both leaned against the wall, trying no tot make eye contact.

Then there was a long moment of silence until Yami spoke up.

"Um, Amari? I never really got to ask you this but…" he said as he turned towards her and stared at the floor.

"Go on…" said Amari, her eyes locked on Yami. Yami glanced up to her to see if she was looking at him and then his eyes moved to the floor again.

"Well, I never really got to ask you about last night," he said.

"What about it?" asked Amari softly.

"Well last night, when we were both in Yugi's room, I never got a chance to ask you why you were there in the first place,"

Amari stared at the floor. *Should I tell him?* she asked herself

Then Amari gave another sigh, but this one was longer.

"Ok… The truth is that I had a nightmare about--" she hesitated then continued, "-about someone trying to kill Yugi by sneaking in his room."

"So that's why… you came in to check on him am I right?" asked Yami, now looking up at her.

Amari again stared at the floor, and nodded. Then Yami began to stare at the wall in front of him, concentrating hard. Amari noticed this and grew concerned.

"What's the matter? Is something wrong?"

Yami snapped out of his daze. "Oh, no no… it's just that I had the exact same dream that you described. That's why I was up. Odd, huh?"

Amari gave a puzzled look then nodded again.

"But why would anyone want to be after Yugi?" asked Yami.

Amari once again hesitated.

"Come on Amari. You can trust me," he said, taking his hand and lightly lifting her chin up to face him.

"Well, you remember when I went to the park yesterday morning…?"

*~*~*~*~*~*~

After Amari had basically explained everything out to Yami. There was a long silence until Amari spoke up.

"So, yea, Polaris is now threatening me to fight him with some powers that I never knew existed, or else… you, Yugi, or someone for that matter will get hurt," she said as tears once again filled her eyes, "And-and I just can't bare that!"

Yami looked at her with saddened eyes. Then he reached over and lightly ran his finger down her cheek catching the single tear that fell from her eyes.

"Amari?" he asked softly.

Amari slowly stopped crying and looked up into Yami's eyes.

"Amari, I know this is hard for you, and I have a slight feeling of what you're going through, but there's one thing that I can promise you…" he said as he stroked her cheek, and pushed a strand of hair that fell infront of her face, "… no one and I mean no one, will ever take me or Yugi away from you. You will never lose us. I promise. I believe in you. You have a heart that no one that I've ever known has, one that is pure and strong. And that's the only thing you need to have in order to overcome your enemies."

Amari just stared into Yami's eyes, lost in his gaze.

"Oh Yami…" she said quietly as she hugged him, "Thank you."

They stayed like this for a minute or two before breaking apart.

"Thanks again, Yami, you're the best. I don't know where I'd be without you helping me along the way," she said wiping her eyes and getting rid of the tears.

"Well, I'm glad that I was able to help," he said.

Amari quietly laughed to herself. Yami heard this a smiled.

Amari looked up at him and smiled as they both looked into each other's eyes, as if to understand each other.

Then Yami reached over again and pushed the remaining hair in her face behind her ear and leaned in, and lightly kissed Amari's softly on the lips. Amari no longer resisted but gave in to the kiss by closing her eyes, as Yami held her face in his hands.

They soon broke apart with their faces still close to each other. Then they both smiled at one another, and kissed again but harder and with more passion then before. Amari wrapped her arms around the back of Yami's neck and rested her head against the wall while they kissed.

Suddenly there was a flash of light…

------------ Flashback-----------

Both Yami and Amari found themselves in palace in ancient Egypt. They were standing in what seemed like a garden with beautiful flowers surrounding them. Then two figures appeared in front of them.

One was a girl with brown hair wearing a dark blue strapless dress, across her chest were yellow stars, on her fore head was the Universe symbol. She held a white flower in her hands.

Then it struck Amari, *Wait a minute! That's me! But how?*

Then Amari and Yami both drew their attention to the other figure that was wearing Egyptian clothing. He had a golden band going across his forehead and in the middle was the millenium eye.

Yami gasped as he realized that this person was him when he was pharaoh 5000 years ago.

"I think… that we are in ancient times when I was pharaoh and you were princess of the universe. I think," said Yami staring at the two replicas of himself and Amari.

Pharaoh Yami reached over and took Princess Amari's hands and the flower into his. (AN: Try not getting the characters confused, Pharaoh Yami is the Yami in the past, and Princess Amari is Amari in the past.)

"So what you're trying to tell me is that this general, Polaris, is plotting something against your Kingdom and you're the only one that can stop him?" asked Pharaoh Yami, with concern.

Princess Amari slowly nodded.

"And this task that you have to perform, this "Golden Prism Power" what does it do exactly?"

"Well it's sort of like my cousin Sailor Moon's ultimate power except stronger. It somehow focuses on more than just one evil, and if used right, it should eliminate all evil in the Universe for thousand of years," said Princess Amari, slowly, starring at the ground.

"But word has it that if Sailor Moon uses her ultimate power, it nearly kills her in the process," Pharaoh Yami informed seriously, "So will your ultimate power do the same?"

Princess Amari didn't say anything. She just looked away trying not to look at Pharaoh Yami's face.

Pharaoh Yami gave a hurt look as if someone had punched him in the stomach. His throat felt dry and he swallowed hard.

"I see…" he said as he let go of Princess Amari's hands and stepped back.

"Yami…" Princess Amari trailed off. She didn't know what to say.

"Pharaoh Yami?" came a voice from behind them.

Pharaoh Yami quickly turned around to see on of his advisors calling him.

"Pharaoh Yami, I have sent to tell you that you are needed in the throne room,"

Pharaoh Yami noddedand turned back to Princess Amari. "Well um--" he began to say, his voice hoarse, "I hope to see you again… soon," he said as he leaned in a kissed Princess Amari on the cheek and walked off leaving the princess standing there with the white flower still in her hand. A single tear ran down her cheek and fell on the flower.

Yami and Amari just stood there in disbelief of what they had just seen.

"It seems like the past is repeating itself," said Amari as she stared at her past self.

"Yes it seems that way, doesn't it?" said Yami as he watched his past self, leave the garden.

"Well what are we going to do?" asked Amari turning to Yami.

"We're going to stop the past from doing so,"

------------------End of Flashback-------------

Amari's eyes shot open and she and Yami broke their kiss.

"Whoa! Ok that was weird," said Amari as she lightly touched her lips.

"Yea…" agreed Yami.

"Wait, you saw the flashback too?" asked Amari.

Yami nodded. Amari gave a deep sigh.

"So did that really happen?" she asked, running her hands through her hair.

"Something tells me…that yea that has happened before, and that we shouldn't let it happen again,"

Amari nodded in agreement.

A Moment later Amari's jacket suddenly lit up as if she had been shot. Yami and Amari's heads quickly turned to face the tunnel entrance to see Yugi on his knees, smiling evilly with his gun pointed to them.

Amari glared at Yugi and turned back to Yami. "We can talk about this later, ok? Because right now I have a little brother to kill. Excuse me," she said as she quickly crawled out of the tunnel.

Yugi noticed this and gave a frighten look and ran off. "Ok, that's it Yugi Motto! You're a dead man!" she called out as got up and ran after him.

Yami just smiled and slowly crawled out of the tunnel, only to notice Tea running by. He quickly got up and began to run after her.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tea ran until she came to a "fork in the road" (so to speak). She noticed Tristan coming from one way, Joey from another, and Yami from behind. She knew that there was nothing she could do so she just closed her eyes and stood there waiting for them to shoot her. The guys prepared their gun and were gaining speed fast, they began to aim, and then…

"BEEP!!!!!!" came the sound of the "game over" horn.

"Aw man so close!" said Joey throwing down his gun.

"Will all contestant please exit the arena and report to the waiting room to remove your equiptment," said a voice coming from a loud-speaker.

Tea opened her eyes and smiled. "Yes!" she said in celebration of not getting hit. Then she turned a began to walk to the waiting room, followed by the defeated boys.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

SSU: Ok well that's all I can do for now. Thanks to all my reviewers! I love you guys! Oh and MOR I hope you got my email and if you didn't, tell me.

Yami: *taps SSU on shoulder*

SSU: What?

Yami: Who wins?

SSU: Huh?

Yami: Who wins the laser tag game?

Everyone: Yea!

SSU: Oh yea! Well the winner is……….

Everyone: *leans in*

SSU: …to be annonced in the next chapter!

Everyone: *anime fall*

SSU: ^_^ He he, ok everyone remember that the more you review the faster I write. Just keep that in mind.