Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Battle of Hearts ❯ The Next Day ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Like I've said a billion gazillion times………I don't own Yugioh.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: Ok the votes are in! Even though I didn't get much votes. But anyway… Yami is the winner besides I like him anyway. Ok well here's your chapter! Enjoy!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The next morning Amari walked down the stairs of the Motto's home, but she stopped short to notice Yami sitting on the couch surfing the channels of the TV. She gave a quick smile and continued to walk down the stairs. She walked over and sat beside him.

At first Yami didn't notice her but soon he settled with a channel and then figured out that he wasn't alone.

"Hey Amari, sorry I'm kind of out of it," said the half-asleep Yami.

Amari laughed to herself. "It's ok Yami I completely understand. I'm not totally awake myself."

Yami brightened up a little at the sight of Amari's sweet smile. "So did you sleep well?"

"Yea…you?"

"Yea."

Soon Yugi walked down the stairs still half-asleep as well. Once he got to the bottom of the stairs he noticed Yami and Amari on the couch and walked over and sat in a chair beside them. He stared at them for what seemed like forever until Yami broke the long silence.

"Hey um Yugi? Are you alright?" asked Yami sort of curious to why Yugi was staring at them.

Yugi quickly snapped out of his daze, nodded, and started to watch the TV when a small smile appeared on his face.

Amari began to once again laugh to herself. "Yugi why are you smiling like that?"

"No reason…" said Yugi still smiling.

Yami and Amari exchanged dumfounded faces. Amari was about to ask Yugi another question but was interrupted by the doorbell.

A couple minutes later Joey ran into the room followed by Tea and Tristan.

"Amari are you ok?! Grandpa just told us what happened!" said Joey checking Amari over to make sure she was all right.

"Joey that was almost two days ago," said Amari, a little embarrassed.

"Well yeah I know I just wanted to make sure," Joey peeped.

"So what exactly happened after you left the diner?" asked Tea looking at Amari's bandaged up leg.

Amari and Yami exchanged glances, and Yugi soon made eye contact with Amari, too.

"Oh well I just was walking home and a branch cut me, then Yami found me and took me here, that's all," said Amari.

Tea slowly nodded still not satisfied with the answer but she soon brushed it aside.

"Ok, well can you walk?" asked Tristan.

"Yes, why?"

"Well we were thinking about going to the mall. You know just to hang," said Joey leaning again the wall.

"Ok well let me just go and find something to wear and then we can go ok?" said Amari getting up from the couch and limping up the stairs.

*~*~*~*~Guestroom*~*~*

Amari walked into the guestroom and began to rummage through the draws once again looking for something that would fit her. Then she stopped suddenly, feeling some sort of presence in the room. She slowly stood up and turned around to see Polaris sitting on her bed, legs crossed and with a smirk on his face.

"Sleep well?" he asked.

"YOU!!!" said Amari, anger growing in her voice.

"What a welcome. You know princess you should work on your manners, especially when a person so superior and elegant is present."

"BITE ME!!" Amari snapped reaching for her henshin.

Polaris noticed this and gave a warning finger. "I wouldn't do that if I were you, princess. You wouldn't want the entire household to hear you, and know what you're up to."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh don't play dumb with me. I know all about you trying to hide this sort of issue from you friends. You haven't told them anything have you?"

Amari was silent staring at him with cold eyes. *How does he know this?* she asked herself.

"Yes, you haven't said a word about how much danger that they might be in. The only person that might know something is your close friend…Yami."

"You leave him out of this!" Amari snapped.

"Oh, it seems that the princess of the universe has feelings for this certain human. Yes, I know all about your relationship with Yami. Oh, yes he'd make a wonderful candidate for your undoing. Or perhaps you younger brother Yugi, so young and innocent. Yes, both of them would do nicely," smirked Polaris, stroking his chin, in thought.

"SHUT UP!" shouted Amari, as an energy ball formed in her right hand. (AN: Amari's a princess, therefore she's been given powers outside of her scout form, but they aren't always as strong as a sailor attack.)

Polaris began to laugh evilly and stood. "Your love for these humans are so entertaining to watch. Tell you what if you don't show me you true strength soon then I'll have to force it out of you. And by force I mean taking you friends and showing them what real pain is like. Think about it princess!" he laughed as he suddenly vanished without a trace.

Fire burned in Amari's eyes as she still held the energy ball in her hand. Then she heard someone coming up the stairs. She quickly hid the energy ball behind her back and faced the doorway.

"Um, Amari? Grandpa sent me up to give you these clothes…"said Tea entering the room. Tea eyed Amari suspiciously before she continued, "Grandpa washed your clothes from two days ago when you got hurt. It looks as if he got the bloodstains out and everything…" she paused again.

"Are you ok?" she asked giving a curious look towards Amari.

Amari just gave and innocent facial expression and nodded.

"Ok…" said Tea as she placed the clothes on the dresser and turned to leave. "Well, try and hurry so we can get going."

Amari nodded again as Tea left the room. Amari quickly deteriorated the energy ball behind her back and began to change clothes.

~*~*~*~ A couple minutes later *~*~*~*~

Amari walked down the stairs in deep thought.

"Ready?" asked Joey still leaning against the wall.

Amari slowly nodded and the gang got up and headed out the door.

*~*~*~*~*~*Mall*~*~*~*~*

The gang walked into the food court and soon everyone stopped dead in his or her tracks except for Joey who kept on walking. Realizing that he was the only person still walking, Joey stopped and turn to see everyone frozen still wide eyed.

"Come on you guys? Why'd you stop? Hello?" said Joey walking back towards his friends and waving his hand in front of Tristan's face.

Then suddenly Tristan grabbed Joey's waving hand and began to pull him in the other direction.

"Hey! What are you doing?" asked Joey trying to pull his arm in the opposite direction that Tristan was pulling him. Soon he was being pushed by everyone in the other direction.

"You guys? What's wrong? Is there something over there that you don't want me to see or something?--"

"Joey?!" asked a very familiar feminine voice behind him.

Joey grew wide-eyed and turned around to see Mai standing there in a waitress uniform.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Mai stared at Joey speechless. *Crap! I can't believe this! This is mortifying!* she thought to herself.

Mai glared at the group behind Joey. Tristan shrugged while everyone else sweatdropped.

"Um, Mai? What are you doing dressed like that?" asked Joey trying hard no to laugh.

Mai gave a defeated sigh. "Uh, ok Joey I work here. There I said it! Now go ahead and laugh and get it over with."

At this Joey tried to be serious. "Um why would I laugh?"

"Oh don't start with me Joey now I have work to do," she turned to leave but stopped and turned around, "You know… why can't anyone keep a secret now a days?" she said glaring at the gang.

"We're really sorry Mai, we just forgot," said Tea, sounding ashamed.

"Well, Mai it's not THAT bad," said Joey inspecting Mai waitress outfit.

"Really, you don't think it's stupid?"

"Nah,"

"You're not just saying that?"

"Nope I'm being serious," said Joey with a smile on his face.

Then there was a long silence.

"Well," said Tristan rubbing his hands together, "Now that that's settled. I'm hungry. We might as well get some food."

Everyone soon nodded in agreement.

~*~*~*~*~*~

After everyone had finished eating, they began to discuss on what to do next.

"Hey I got an idea," said Mai coming up to them after she had just finished taking an order, "I'm going to get off of work in a couple of minutes, and I heard that they just opened this laser-tag place down at the other end of the mall. Do you guys want to check it out?"

"Sure I'm up for a good game. Besides I'm in the butt-kicking mood," said Joey standing up from his seat.

"Butt-kicking?" asked Tea.

"So do you want to try it out?" asked Joey to everyone, ignoring Tea's comment.

Everyone nodded and got up to leave the food court.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: Sorry that I had to cut this chappie short. This is my busiest season because I have all these things to do but don't worry I'll still update. You'll get your next chapter soon.