Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Battle of Hearts ❯ Tomorrow ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Ok you can fill in the blank. ^_^
 
 
SSU: A thousand apologies everyone! I was having a really bad semester with grades and everything and I took longer to write this chappie than I thought. But better late than never as I always say. ^_^ Don't hate me! Thanks for everyone reviewing, you guys were very cooperative lately. Well This chappie is a song fic. I'm sorry if the lyrics don't go exactly with the song because as you can see the chapter is a little longer than the song is. Haha, I heard this song one day on TV and thought it would be pretty to play it during this chapter. It's by Avril Lavigne called “Tomorrow”. Hope you like it!
 
Amari's body lay lifeless wrapped in the covers of the guestroom's bed. She lay on her back with her closed eyes staring at the ceiling. Yami sat next to the bed in a rocking chair. He was leaning forward with his face in his hands. Her scars were healing, but her body was still in bad condition and from the look on Yami's face her condition hadn't improved since Yami saved her three days ago in the park. She was alive, but barely.
 
 
[*Music Starts*]
 
 
Grandpa walked in the room with a slight smile on his face. He had almost fully recovered from this encounter with Polaris when Yugi was kidnapped; all he needed was a cane for his leg. He took one look at Yami and his smile faded. Yami had rarely let Amari out of his sight ever since that night in the park, nor had he said barely anything since, and this began to worry Grandpa. Yami had barely eaten anything the entire day. Grandpa gripped his cane and took a deep breath and walked into the room, putting his smile back on.
 
 
 
~*And I wanna believe you,
When you tell me that it'll be ok,
*~
 
 
 
 
“Yami…?” he asked walking over to Yami.
 
 
Silence
 
 
“Yami why don't you come down stairs and eat some lunch with Yugi and me? Hum?” he asked forcing a smile on his face, trying to hide his worry and concern for Yami's health.
 
 
Silence.
 
 
 
 
~*Yeah I try to believe you,
But I don't
*~
 
 
 
 
Grandpa stared at Yami for a moment, then turned and looked at Amari's sleeping figure. He was just as worried about Amari as he was about Yami, but he didn't like to show it around Yugi or his friends.
 
 
He looked back at the worried Yami, “Well if you change you mind, your plate will be on the table,” he said as he turned around and headed for the door.
 
“I…can't…”
 
 
 
 
~*When you say that it's gonna be,
It always turns out to be a different way,
*~
 
 
 
 
Grandpa stopped in his tracks, “Hmm?” he said to himself to make sure that he heard right. He slowly turned around in his spot and stared at Yami.
 
“I can't…. I can't leave her…” Yami said barely above a whisper still not taking his eyes off of Amari. “Last time I left her I nearly lost her forever, and I can't bare the thought of losing her again.”
 
 
 
 
~*I try to believe you,
Not today, today, today, today, today...
*~
 
 
 
 
Grandpa walked over to Yami and placed a hand on his shoulder making Yami snap out of his gaze. “Amari risked her life to save yours as well as the rest of the Universe. It was a selfless act that had the ultimate penalty. But you stopped the fate that was in store for her.”
 
 
Yami just continued to stare at Amari.
 
 
Grandpa, looking defeated in trying to snap Yami out of it, slowly turned and headed for the door again. Then he stopped but didn't turn around, “She'll be fine, Yami. It's up to her now, just have faith,” he said over his shoulder has he walked out of the room.
 
 
 
 
~*I don't know how I'll feel,
tomorrow, tomorrow,
*~
 
 
 
 
Yami closed his eyes for a moment, as if Grandpa's last words had touched him. Then he opened them, revealing his eyes even more saddened than before. He buried his face in his hands again, “Ah this is all my fault. I should have done something!”
 
 
He paused to himself then he laughed to himself, “Who am I kidding… there was nothing I could have done to stop her.” He stared at Amari for another long time. All he wanted was to feel Amari's warmth in his arms, to see her smile that always made his heart stop, and to feel her soft lips against his.
 
 
 
 
 
~*I don't know what to say,
tomorrow, tomorrow
Is a different day
*~
 
 
 
 
“Amari… I hope you can hear me…” he said talking to the sleeping figure in the bed. “I've felt like this for anyone before. It's like whenever I'm near you, my heart takes an extra beat. Ever since the first day that Yugi introduced me to you I haven't been able to stop thinking about you. It feels like I haven't felt this way for thousands of years. I'm in love with you.”
 
 
He ran his fingers through his hair and looked down at the floor, “Amari I lost you once…please don't let me lose you again.”
 
 
 
 
~*It's always been up to you,
It's turning around,
It's up to me,
*~
 
 
 
 
A few moments later, Amari's eyes fluttered open. They stared at the ceiling for a couple of seconds and then Amari slowly turned her head to see Yami in the rocking chair beside her. Yami looked up seeing Amari awake and starring at him. His eyes grew big with shock, and he became speechless.
 
 
 
 
~*I'm gonna do what I have to do,
just don't
*~
 
 
 
 
Amari noticed the shock on his face and smiled. Then she lifted the covers off of her and slowly got out of bed. She was wearing some of Tea's clothes that Tea had brought over two days ago, which was a T-shirt, and some pajama shorts.
 
 
Yami stood up quickly trying to say something but nothing came out, making Amari smile even bigger. She walked toward him, and with Yami still in shock he began to back away not believing his own eyes. He continued to walk back wards until he hit the wall behind him.
 
 
 
 
~*Gimme a little time,
Leave me alone a little while,
*~
 
 
 
 
“You're…you're…” he managed to get out.
 
 
“Yes?” she asked, laughing a little at Yami's stuttering. She continued to walk towards him until she became inches from his face.
 
 
 
 
~*Maybe it's not too late,
not today, today, today, today, today...
*~
 
 
 
 
“…Amari…I--” he said taking a deep breath, “I--” he tried getting out, until she put her index finger over his lips.
 
 
“Shhhh….” she said, looking into his eyes. Suddenly her lips locked with his in a passionate kiss. Yami relaxed and cupped her face with his hands, while Amari continued to kiss him more passionately than ever before.
 
 
 
 
~*I don't know how I'll feel,
tomorrow, tomorrow,
*~
 
 
 
 
Soon, they parted and stared in each other's eye for what seemed like forever. Yami opened his mouth to speak only for Amari to put her finger over his mouth again.
 
 
“Shhhh…” she said, “I think you've said enough for today.”
 
 
 
Yami's eyes widened, “You heard that? I mean me speaking to you?”
 
 
 
Amari just smiled and pressed her forehead against his, “What do you think?” she said just before kissing him passionately again.
 
 
They broke apart again, and Yami gave a big smile.
 
 
 
 
~*I don't know what to say,
tomorrow, tomorrow
Is a different day
*~
 
 
 
 
Moments later, Grandpa entered the room with Yami's food on a tray. He looked up from the tray to see Amari smiling in Yami's arms. The tray fell to the ground as he ran over with his cane to Amari and gave her the biggest hug. “You're awake!” he shouted over and over again.
 
 
“Yugi! Yugi come in here!” he called. A couple seconds later, Yugi entered the room, “Yes Grandpa—“ he began but stopped short to see Amari still being hugged by Grandpa.
 
 
He too was in complete shock just as Yami was earlier. He couldn't move, he wanted to but he couldn't.
 
 
 
 
~*Hey yeah yeah, hey yeah yeah, and I know I'm not ready,*~
 
 
 
 
“Amari?” he said. Grandpa finally let go of Amari, allowing her to walk over to her little brother and slightly bend down to be eye level with him.
 
 
“Yugi? I'm ok now,” she said with a smile. And with that they embraced, Yugi closed his eyes and hugged with all of his might. Amari closed her eyes too, as a single tear of joy fell from them.
 
 
^^^^^^^^^^Hours later^^^^^^^^^^
 
 
 
Everyone had made their way down stairs and into the living room. Yugi had called Tea, Tristan, and Joey about Amari being awake and they all rushed over as soon as they could. It was a wonderful reunion to say the least. Now they were all gathered around the living room coffee table. Yugi and Joey were playing duel monsters on the table with Yami and Amari on the couch behind Yugi. Tea and Tristan were in the other chairs and Grandpa had gone to fix dinner.
 
 
 
 
~*Hey yeah yeah, hey yeah yeah, maybe tomorrow*~
 
 
 
“Ok, I'll play my Flamming Swordsmen in defense mode. And with my magic card on the field it'll boost his attack points, making him stronger than your monster!” said Joey to Yugi across the table, “But my magic card also won't let me attack until my next turn. So beat that Yugi!”
 
 
Yugi concentrated on his cards for a moment. Then he reached for one of his cards on the far left, but Yami stopped him by making a warning tone. Yugi stopped and picked another card, which Yami gave an approving sound. Yugi smiled and placed down the magic card that could wipe out any monster on the field that had over 2000 attack points, making Joey's swordsmen history.
 
 
“Hey! No getting help from king of games back there!” accused Joey.
 
 
Everyone laughed except for Joey, who demanded a fair rematch. Then the doorbell rang, and everyone heard Grandpa put down his kitchen tools and walk to go answer the door.
 
 
 
 
~*Hey yeah yeah, hey yeah yeah, and I know I'm not ready,*~
 
 
 
 
 
Seconds later Trista (Sailor Pluto in her earth form) walked in followed closely by Grandpa.
 
 
“Good afternoon everyone,” she said as she gave a slight bow.
 
 
Everyone said his or her hellos and then Trista turned to Amari. “Amari may I have a word with you alone?” she asked. Amari nodded and they both walked out of the room and out the back door.
 
 
 
 
~*And I wanna believe you,
When you tell me that it'll be ok,
*~
 
 
 
 
“What's this all about Pluto?” asked Amari, suspiciously at her loyal friend. She had known that it was normal for Trista/Pluto to leave her post as time keeper unless it was important.
 
 
“Amari…” said Trista looking to the floor, “I have come to tell you that before Polaris went after you, he nearly destroyed half of the kingdom. Your mother did her best to repair it with her powers, but in the process it has left her weak and ill. And with our defenses down our enemies are trying to attack. We need another to help rebuild what Polaris destroyed and to help us defend against our enemies. We desperately need your help. Your mother needs you, your kingdom needs you.”
 
 
Amari just listened to Pluto's words and looked to the floor with saddened eyes. When Trista was done, Amari snapped out of it and looked up at Trista.
 
 
 
~*Yeah I try to believe you,
Not today, today, today, today, today...
*~
 
 
 
 
“Amari, I know how hard this is for you…. If there is anything I can do--”
 
 
 
“No… its ok, I'm fine,” Amari then straighten herself up, “I must do what I have to do, for the good of the universe.”
 
 
Trista nodded, sensing Amari's pain, “I'll leave you to talk with your family and friends. We must leave as soon as we can. I'll be waiting for you tomorrow in the park you know the spot.”
 
 
 
~*Tomorrow it may change*~
 
 
 
Amari nodded quickly and looked to the floor again. Trista took out her transforming wand and transformed in to Sailor Pluto. Pluto walked past Amari and put a hand on her shoulder, “I'm sorry Amari…” then took her staff and vanished.
 
 
^^^^^^^^^^
 
Amari walked back in the room.
 
 
“Yami can I talk to you real quick?” she asked, trying to act like nothing was wrong.
 
 
 
 
~*Tomorrow it may change*~
 
 
 
 
“Sure,” said Yami, getting up from his place on the couch.
 
 
Amari guided him to the hallway and then turned to face him.
 
 
Yami took one look at Amari's face and a bad feeling came over him. “What's wrong?” he asked.
 
 
Amari looked to the floor, “Um I don't know how to tell you this but um…”
 
 
 
 
~*Tomorrow it may change*~
 
 
 
 
As Amari told him the bad news of what Pluto had told her, Yami's saddened eyes drifted towards the floor while Amari chose to stare at the ceiling trying to fight back the tears.
 
 
After she was done, there was a long silence, as the two continued to stare in different places, thinking about tomorrow.
 
 
 
 
~*Tomorrow it may change*~