Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Battle of Hearts ❯ The Pharoah's Tears ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: blah blah blah

 

 

 

SSU: I wrote this one especially for my fanfiction.net reviewer because they have been reviewing. Hope you like it!

 

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

 

 

"Yugi…" said a girl that looked exactly like Princess Amari but instead of her dress being blue and gold it was all white and gold her tiara was also white with the universe symbol shining brightly upon it. She also had a pair of white wings on. She was leaning over him.

 

Yugi looked up from his place on the ground. "Amari?"

 

 

The girl gave a warm smile. "It's time to get up."

 

 

*~*~*~*End of Dream*~*~*~*

 

 

Yugi's eyes slowly opened. "Amari?" he asked again but there was no one there. Then he slowly rose from the ground in confusion. It was still dark and probably really late. He looked around to see that everyone else had also been knocked out and were slowly stirring awake.

 

 

"Ow my head!" said Joey as he got to his feet holding his head in one hand.

 

 

"What happened?" asked Tea as she, Pluto, Uranus, and Neptune all got up from the ground.

 

 

"We're back in the park. But how?" answered Yugi. *Something doesn't feel right.*

 

 

"I'm guessing the attack must have brought us back here" answered Neptune.

 

 

"Probably because the attack not only destroyed Polaris but also that dimension," said Uranus shaking herself off.

 

 

"Wait…where's Yami and Amari?" asked Yugi looking all around.

 

 

Finally Yugi spotted Yami a short distance away holding something in his arms.

 

 

"There he is over there," said Tea who also spotted him. Yugi ran towards Yami's figure and was soon followed by the others.

 

 

"Yami?" asked Yugi as he began to slow down and come to a stop a couple feet away from Yami who was still sitting down, slightly leaning over someone. Now that Yugi was closer he was able to see who was lying in Yami's arms. He was about to say something to see if she was ok but was quickly interrupted by Yami's shaky voice.

 

 

"She gone Yugi…" he said, his eyes dark and his voice heavy.

 

 

Yugi's eyes widened, "What?"

 

 

"She's…gone…Amari's…gone," answered Yami, as tears filled his eyes once again.

 

 

Yugi, in shock, felt a huge lump grow in his throat, and he fell to his knees. "No…"

 

 

By now everyone else had caught up and were now standing not too far behind Yugi. Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto stood there starring at the ground in sadness. Tea placed her hand over her mouth trying to get over the shock while Joey just closed his eyes trying not to let the tears fall.

 

 

"The prism must have used up all her strength…" said Neptune, solemnly.

 

 

Yami looked down at Amari's beaten up body and the dry blood for the cuts that Polaris had given her. Then he looked back at her face, her curves perfect, with golden brown locks of hair still forming around her face. He had never seen anyone so beautiful.

 

"Amari… I hope you can hear me… though I know you're gone… I know your still listening somehow," he said, still fighting back the tears, "Do you remember the first time we met at the hospital? I knew there was something familiar about you."

 

*~*~FLASHBACK~*~*~*

 

"Uh um…uh Amari this is Yami, Yami this is Amari." introduced Yugi.

Yami stepped forward and took her hand and gently shook it. "Nice to meet you, Amari, I've heard quiet a bit from Yugi about you." he said.

"Uh …well thanks"

They stared in each other's eyes then ****FLASH****

There stood a young girl looking out at the sunset. She was wearing a navy blue dress with gold lining. She turned and was then held in the arms of a taller figure looking to be a man also dressed in ancient Egyptian clothing.

**FLASH**

"Huh!?" Yami said quietly as he and Amari both quickly jerked their hands apart.

*~*~*~*~*END OF FLASHBACK*~*~*~

"… or when we kissed that night in Yugi's room?"

 

 

*~*~FLASHBACK~*~*~*

 

Amari, leaning against Yugi's bed looked up to notice Yami staring at her as the moonlight shined on them both.

"What?" she asked blushing a little.

"Nothing…it just that I've never really taken the time to realize how beautiful you are," he said.

Amari just blushed even more. "Well thank you."

Yami moved closer to her as they continued to stare into each other's eyes. He moved some strands of hair away from her face, leaning in and kissing her soft lips.

Amari's eyes slowly closed as she let the impact of the kiss take hold of her. He cupped her face in his hands, savoring every moment.

Suddenly Yugi stirred in his sleep making the two break apart.

*~*~*~*~*END OF FLASHBACK*~*~*~

"Or when we hid in that tunnel during the laser tag game… I made so many promises that I never got to keep…" he said.

*~*~FLASHBACK~*~*~*

"Amari, I know this is hard for you, and I have a slight feeling of what you're going through, but there's one thing that I can promise you…" he said as he stroked her cheek, and pushed a strand of hair that fell in front of her face, "… no one and I mean no one, will ever take me or Yugi away from you. You will never lose us. I promise. I believe in you. You have a heart that no one that I've ever known has, one that is pure and strong. And that's the only thing you need to have in order to overcome your enemies."

 

Amari just stared into Yami's eyes, lost in his gaze.

 

"Oh Yami…" she said quietly as she hugged him, "Thank you."

 

*~*~*~*~*END OF FLASHBACK*~*~*~

 

"We had some good times didn't we?" he said letting out and small laugh.

 

*~*~FLASHBACK~*~*~*

 

Amari screamed out in laughter, jolting back and forth on the bed, trying to avoid Yami's hands. At first Yami began to tickle her near her rib cage then he was tickling her all along her sides, making Amari trash back and forth even faster.

 

"Tell me!" commanded Yami, still tickling her.

 

"Never!" she said, laughing uncontrollably.

 

"Come on Amari! I won't stop until you tell me!"

 

"I'll--- never--- tell--" she said in-between laughs. At this, Yami began to tickle her even harder and faster.

 

*~*~*~*~*END OF FLASHBACK*~*~*~

 

"You knew what the attack could do, but you still did it…for us…"

 

*~*~FLASHBACK~*~*~*

 

"My old teacher also said that the attack's side effects were…well dangerous," said Amari.

 

"Wait how dangerous?" asked Yami growing concerned.

 

"Well… death being one of them…"

 

"What!? Death!?" jumped Yami as he quickly came to Amari's side, he put his hands on her shoulders and knelt to face her, "What do you mean death, Amari?"

"Well if I'm weak enough I could die, if I do the attack that is," said Amari trying not to make eye contact with Yami.

"Well lets just hope you never have to do the attack," said Yami relaxing a little as he stood up again, running his hand through his hair.

Amari looked up and nodded in agreement.

Then Yami took her hands into his. "Remember Amari, we can't let the past repeat itself."

Again Amari nodded in agreement.

*~*~*~*~*END OF FLASHBACK*~*~*~

"We made a promise to each other that we wouldn't let the past repeat itself…"

*~*~FLASHBACK~*~*~*

Amari quickly walked through the hallway and down the stairs.

"Amari wait!" Yami repeated, having to run to catch up to her.

Amari continued to walk, picking up the pace. She tried to ignore Yami's cries, as she closed her eyes.

Yami called her name once more just as she reached the bottom of the stairs. Finally he reached the bottom, too, in just enough time to catch her by the arm, preventing her from going any farther.

"Amari…" he said out of breath as Amari stopped at his touch on her arm, "Don't let Polaris get to you,"

Amari's head drooped to the ground, and she relaxed the arm the Yami was holding.

"Amari look at me," he said to her.

At first Amari hesitated but soon turned, not letting Yami let go of her arm. She continued to stare at the floor avoiding Yami's stare. Yami ducked his head a little to see if he could see her eyes, but couldn't so he lifted her chin up higher so that she had no choice but to look at him. So instead of looking at the floor Amari continued to avoid his stare by reverting her eyes to the wall beside them. Yami noticed this but continued to hold her chin up.

"Amari, I know that you're hurt. I want Yugi back just as much as you do. But you can't let your emotions get the better of you, that's just what Polaris wants you to do," he said. At this Amari's eyes finally gave in and looked at Yami directly.

"Yami…" she said as she reach up and brushed the side Yami's cheek, "I-I have to do this… I'm sorry," she said as she pulled her hand away from his face and stepped back. Then she turned around with a saddened face and headed for the door.

Yami began to panic. *I can't let her go through with this!* he told himself.

"Amari wait!" he called out to her, but she continued to walk. Then she reached the door and began to turn the knob.

Then something struck Yami's thoughts. "Amari if you go through with this then you'll be doing the same thing that you've been trying so hard not to do!" he called out to her.

At this Amari stopped turning the knob and her hand dropped to her side. She turned and gave Yami a weird look like she had no idea of what he was talking about.

"What?" she asked him, getting slightly irritated at the fact that he had stopped her from leaving again.

"Amari I--"

"No, what did you say?" her voice stern.

"I said that if you go through this you going to do the exact thing that you promised to avoid."

"And what's that?"

Yami sighed. "To-to make sure that the past doesn't repeat itself,"

Amari's irritation quickly vanished as she stared at the saddened Yami.

"If-if you go through with this, you might…" he trailed off, looking at the floor, "I just can't bare the fact that I might loose you,"

Then there was another long silence as Yami continued to look at the floor. Soon a pair of hands reached out and took his hands. He looked up to see Amari staring at him with a slight smile. Her eyes filled with tears.

"Oh Yami…" she said and she quickly embraced him, resting her head on his chest as she quietly cried. At first Yami was a little surprised at the sudden action but soon hugged back.

*~*~*~*~*END OF FLASHBACK*~*~*~

"…but you wouldn't let anything happen to us…"

*~*~FLASHBACK~*~*~*

"NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" he shouted as he broke out into a run through the park towards Amari's levitating body which was right in front of the portal. He continued to shout Amari's name at the top of his lugs until he reached the floating sailor. Finally he reached her floating body, and froze where he stood; she didn't seem to hear his cries.

"Amari…?" he whispered has he tried to fight back the tears.

At first Amari didn't even flinch at the sound of his voice, but then her body slowly turned to face him.

Yami looked up and his eyes widened in shock of the sight that was before him. Amari stared off into the distance and her eyes were…blank. She gave a blank stare ahead, as if her mind was somewhere else, still not noticing Yami at her feet.

"Amari? Amari, it's me… Yami" he said as a single tear ran down his cheek.

The sound of Yami's name echoed inside Amari's mind. After a couple of seconds it finally hit her and her eyes widened as they went back to normal. "Yami…?" she whispered.

Yami looked up to see Amari staring down at him in confusion.

"Amari, you're ok!" he said as a slight smile formed on his face, getting up from the ground.

Amari began to smile too, but her face soon turned to sadness. "Yami, I have to do this,"

"No there has to be another way," he said as his smile faded, and he looked to the ground.

"There isn't another way," she said as she lowered herself to the ground to face him, lifting his chin up to see his face. "This is the only way,"

Suddenly the clock struck midnight and the clock began to make its sound twelve times. Amari jerked her head away from Yami and looked at the clock, then to the white portal. A few seconds later, the white portal was nearly engulfed in a large black hole. Then the two portals began to mix together forming a mixture of black and white surrounded in gray smoke. The clock continued to chime.

"It's time…" she said sadly, then she turned back to Yami, she then leaned in so that her mouth was next to his ear."My promise… still stands," she whispered. Yami looked at her confused at her last statement. Then she smiled as she leaned in again and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

Yami closed his eyes as he kissed her back, then he felt tears touch his cheek but they weren't his. They finally broke apart and Yami looked at Amari and saw that she was silently crying. She tried to force a smile on her face but with little success. He took her hands in his for one last time to feel her warm touch against his.

"Amari…"

"Goodbye…" she said as she began to lift off of the ground once more, and as she rose Yami gripped her hand as if to never let go.

"I love you--"said Amari giving one last tearful smile just before her mind was once again cut off from the outside world.

*~*~*~*~*END OF FLASHBACK*~*~*~

Then suddenly as if something had clicked in the back of Yami's head, he let everything out.

 

 

"Amari, please…don't leave me like this!" he said now tears streaming down his face. "Please don't leave me, not here…" He allowed his tears to fall.

 

 

One by one his tears fell on Amari's soft skin on her face.

 

 

"I can't bare the fact that you're gone! You died to save us, to save the universe. Please don't leave me!" he said, closing his eyes, as his tears continued to fall upon her cold body.

 

 

Now Yami's tears had found a new target on Amari. The tears were now falling upon her broach until a few fell into the empty hole that was left of were the universal prism used to be. They continued to fill the hole the more Yami cried.

 

"The thing is… I've never felt this way for someone before. I care for you so much and I was never able to tell you… I love you Amari," he said softly as the final tears fell into the broach.

 

Immediately the broach began to glow in white light, making Yami look up in confusion. The wet tears suddenly turned solid forming a new prism.

 

 

Yami was speechless. Then the new prism shot a beam of golden light into the air towards the stars and her torn uniform was magically restored and her cuts and blood vanished.

 

 

"What's going on?" asked Joey, shielding himself from the light.

 

 

"The prism is restored!" said Pluto staring at the beam.

 

 

"How?" asked Tea.

 

 

Yugi who had also been silently crying, looked up from his place on the ground, "Yami's tears…formed a new prism,"

 

 

The golden light covered Amari from head to toe. Yami stared down at his princess in awe.

 

 

Then as quickly as it had come the beam of light fell back down into the prism as if a sign of life was now locked back inside. It was once again dark.

 

 

Yami had now stopped crying as looked down at Amari. She was no longer cold.

 

 

"Amari?" he asked his voice full of hope.

 

 

Seconds later Amari stirred, making her eyes flinch but they didn't open. She slowly turned her head back and forth a little before going back to not moving. Now she had the strength to detransform and her regular clothes appeared brand new. The only thing you could hear was the sound of her breathing.

 

 

Yugi's eyes widened at the sudden movement and quickly crawled over to the other side of Amari's body. "She's alive!"

 

 

"What?!" asked Joey as he quickly ran behind Yami and peered over to see Amari sleeping. The others quickly gathered around to witness the same thing.

 

 

Yami opened his mouth to wake her but was suddenly interrupted.

 

 

"No Yami, let her sleep," said Pluto staring down at Amari's now sleeping figure, "She needs it."

 

 

Yami nodded in agreement and gently picked Amari's body up. "Come on guys lets go home," he said as he began to walk out of the park soon followed by Joey, Tea and the other scouts who had now detransformed before leaving the park..

 

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

 

SSU: Well that's the end of this chapter. I hope you liked it. It took me a while to finish. Thanks to the people that reviewed I hope that you continue to do so! The next chapter will be up very soon since I already have if half written.