Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Battle of Hearts ❯ My Last Breath ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

Disclaimer: (insert what usually goes here)

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

 

SSU: I hope you like this chap. I had visions on how I wanted it to be but I don't know how well I might look on paper to you guys. This is a song chapter and the song is called "My Last Breath" by Evanescence. Hope you like! ^_^

 

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

 

 

In a flash the light quickly disappeared.

 

 

 

 

*~*~*~*~Moments later*~*~*~*~

 

 

 

Yami slowly got up from his place on the ground. Once he was on his feet, he looked around to see that everyone was still unconscious and quickly ran over to finally take a breath of relief to see that they were still alive. He looked over to where Polaris had been but all that was left was his black patch with its white star on it lying on the floor. Then he directed his gaze to where he last saw Princess Amari and instead he saw Sailor Universe floating in mid-air. Her wounds had reappeared and her uniform torn (the way it looked right before Polaris took her powers).The Universe sign was still on her forehead, and there was some sort of force connected to it that still held her in the air. Her eyes were opened but were blank as if she was in a trance.

 

 

 

Suddenly in one swift movement, the force that held the sailor up let go of her, her Universe sign vanished, her eyes closed, and she began to fall.

 

 

 

Thinking quickly Yami broke out into a run towards her falling body. Just as her body was to hit the ground, instead she fell into his arms. Quickly loosing his balance, Yami accidentally did a summersault head first, with Universe still in his arms. He tucked forward hoping he didn't hurt her. After he flipped over he landed in a seating position, then he straightened himself up and laid Universe's lower body on the ground while he continued to hold her upper body in his arms. He took his free arm and stroked her cheek gently.

 

 

~* Hold on to me love

You know I can't stay long

All I wanted to say was I love you and I'm not afraid *~

 

 

"I'm here Amari. Amari?" he asked worriedly, praying that she was still alive. He shook her body gently, "Amari?!"

 

 

Suddenly everything went into a purple and blue mist around Yami and Amari. He looked up to see a transparent girl almost identical to Princess Amari except instead of her dress being blue and gold it was all white and gold her tiara was also white with the universe symbol shining brightly upon it. Also a set of white wings appeared behind her as if she was a mix of a ghost and an angel. She gave a slight smile towards him as he stared at her in amazement.

 

 

"Amari?" he asked looking at the transparent figure.

 

 

 

"No…" the girl said softly, but very maturely.

 

 

"Then who are you?" asked Yami still holding Amari's body in his arms.

 

 

~* Can you hear me?

Can you feel me in your arms? *~

 

 

 

"I'm her past… or the memory that she has of me…" said the girl confidently with a content smile still on her face.

 

 

"Why are you here?"

 

 

~* Holding my last breath

Safe inside myself

Are all my thoughts of you

Sweet raptured light it ends here tonight *~

 

 

The girl's smile faded and she grew serious, "I have come to tell you that you have to let her go just as the past Yami let me go."

 

 

 

"What?"

 

 

~* I'll miss the winter

A world of fragile things

Look for me in the white forest

Hiding in a hollow tree (Come find me) *~

 

 

The figure opened her mouth again to speak but looked to the ground trying to find the words to tell him. "Yami… you know you can't keep her," she said getting straight to the point.

 

 

"Why?" asked Yami, as a single tear streaked his face.

 

 

~* I know you hear me

I can taste it in your tears *~

 

 

"Because she belongs to the world, the universe, the place that she has been sworn to protect. Yami, we all have inescapable destinies, and with those responsibilities come consequences and sacrifices. Sacrifices that may lead to our demise…… but that doesn't mean that we need stop being heroes. Amari's sacrifice saved her friends, family, and millions of other people's lives and she was grateful to do it…"

 

 

~* Holding my last breath

Safe inside myself

Are all my thoughts of you

Sweet raptured light it ends here tonight *~

 

 

Yami looked down at the unconscious Amari, and more tears began to form in his eyes. The girl looked at Amari's body and then back at Yami.

 

 

"If Amari knew what was going on, she wouldn't want to you to spend your life with a shattered heart but to mend it and go on with life. Things will happen in life that you can't always stop, but that doesn't mean you should shut out the world around you. You have to let her go."

 

 

~* Closing your eyes to disappear

You pray your dreams will leave you here

But still you wake and know the truth

No one's there *~

 

 

Yami stared down at Amari's fragile figure, "No… I won't let her die…" *I've already lost her once and I won't loose her again! I won't!*

 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry Yami," the girl said as she began to fade away, "…goodbye…"

 

 

~* Say goodnight

Don't be afraid

Calling me calling me as you fade to black *~

 

 

Then Yami noticed that the broach that was shown earlier had somehow appeared at the center of Amari's bow (on her chest) on the uniform. But instead of seeing the prism in it, there was just an empty hole of where the prism used to be.

 

 

Noticing this Yami closed his eyes, "No…" then he checked her pulse as he body suddenly went cold, "…NO!"

 

 

~* Say goodnight (Holding my last breath)

Don't be afraid (Safe in side myself)

Calling me calling me (Are all my thoughts of you)

Sweet raptured light it ends here tonight *~

 

 

By now the blue and purple mist had cleared and Yami found himself, Amari, and the others (that were still unconscious) back at the park as if they had never left.

 

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

 

 

SSU: Is this the end you ask? Maybe…… maybe not… R&R and maybe I'll tell you! *sticks tongue out*