Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Obsidian Tears ❯ New Mission ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sweet Saturn: I GOT REVIEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *cough cough* Sorry! Might have over-exaggerated! But still, I GOT REVIEWS! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Saburutenshi28: (sweat-drop) Uhmm, maybe you should start the fic?

Sweet Saturn: (going completely hysterical)

mastersess-chan: (sigh) Sugar still hasn't worn off. HEY! START THE FIC ALREADY!

Sweet Saturn:(abruptly stops) Oops, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, on with the fic!(BIG innocent smile)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

New Mission!

Hotaru was very annoyed when she was pushed and pulled along ungracefully among all these hideous monsters with horns. She glared at each and every one that dared to even look at her. Botan had warned her about these, "oni", that they were ugly but they were very nice. Still, the Soverign of Silence was not going to tolerate these monsters if they DARED bother her. Botan led her and the rest of the gang to a HUGE set of double doors which she pushed open. "Koenma will be here in a second," she said before disappearing. Yuusuke suddenly snickered. "Wait tell you see Koenma Hotaru," he said. Hotaru nodded, then she stole a glance at Hiei. She couldn't remember where she had seen him before. `Wait a minute' she thought. She recalled seeing the figure in the forest before she passed out. `That must have been him' she thought.

While she was thinking, Botan appeared again. This time, something was following her. Hotaru was surprised when she saw it was an infant. He had to be about 2 years old. He wore a strange hat and had a pacifier in his mouth. "Hotaru, this is Koenma, Ruler of Spirit world," said Botan with a hint of pride in her voice. Hotaru just stared at the infant as he sat down in the big chair in the room behind a desk that just about blocked him from view. She turned to the others, Yuusuke and Kuwabaka wore big grins on their faces, and she could tell Kurama was trying hard to keep from smiling. Hiei was the only one who remained expressionless. "You have got to be kidding," said Hotaru as she stared at the baby. Yuusuke snickered and she could hear Kurama choke slightly, as if trying to hold back his laughter. Kuwabaka just plain out laughed. In an eyeblink, Botan came behind him and whacked him with her oar. "Kuwabaka! Show some respect for the Reikai's ruler!" she shrilled. "Ow! Sorry Botan! It's just so funny!" whined Kuwabaka.

"Yes Miss Hotaru, I am the ruler of Spirit World," said the infant in an annoyed tone. "You can talk!" cried Hotaru, as she backed away. Yuusuke started laughing and in another eyeblink, he was whacked to the floor. Behind her, Kurama started coughing, to conceal his laughter. "Yes, I can talk! And I'm not a baby! In your time, I am about 50,000 years old," said Koenma, with a smug expression. "Well, guess what? I may be older than you are!" retorted Hotaru. It was true, she was about one million and a half years old if you counted her Saturn side. "Yeah right," said Koenma, rolling his eyes. "Anyway Yuusuke, I have a new mission for you! And this one is really important!" informed Koenma. Yuusuke groaned. "Yuusuke, if you fail this mission, all the worlds will be obliterated, including Ningenkai!" Koenma half-shouted in a panicked voice. Yuusuke immediately became a little more serious. "Okay toddler, what is it now?" he asked. Koenma sighed. "Have you all heard about the legend of the Sailor Senshi? " At the words `Sailor Senshi', Hotaru immediately perked up. "No," snapped Yuusuke. "Kurama?" asked Koenma hopefully. "Yes, I have, just briefly, back in my days as Youko," Kurama looked thoughtful. "So, who are these Sailor people?" asked Yuusuke, curious. "The Sailor Senshi were said to be some of the most powerful beings in the universe. They were all supposed to be princesses of their own planets. For example, Sailor Mercury was the princess and protector of Mercury, Sailor Mars was the princess and protector of Mars, and so on. All of them were ruled by a queen called Neo-Queen Serenity, the most powerful of them all. They were her protectors," stated Kurama.

"So, what does that have to do with our mission?" asked Yuusuke. "Your mission is to protect one of the Sailor Senshi, the most powerful of the Queen's protecters." stated Koenma. "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" interrupted Yuusuke, " I thought that was just a story? I mean if these Sailor people are as strong as you say, why do they need protection?" Koenma sighed. "The Senshi I'm talking about is the Senshi of death and rebirth, Sailor Saturn. She, she…" Koenma trailed off. Hotaru had become very interested in the conversation, especially when they had mentioned Sailor Saturn. She decided right then to keep her real identity a secret. "She?" inquired Kuwabaka. "If you must know, she can destroy the universe, wiping out everything she doesn't want, and recreate it without the things that bother her. If something possesses her, who knows what may happen?" Koenma almost whispered. "She's even stronger than Daddy! The last time they met, she almost killed him! And now, she can dethrone him if she wants so if you find her, be extremely nice to her okay? And don't mention Daddy," Koenma said. "She's that powerful?" asked Yuusuke in awe. After that, there was an uncomfortable silence. "And Yuusuke," said Koenma, "you'll be entering in another tournament for this mission. We've tracked down a demon who wants Saturn's power and you must defeat him," stated Koenma.

"ANOTHER TOURNAMENT!" yelled Yuusuke. Koenma ignored Yuusuke and showed everyone a picture. Hotaru gasped at what she saw. It was the Silence Glaive! Or what looked like the Silence Glaive. "See this?" said Koenma, "this is Sailor Saturn's weapon, the Silence Glaive. It has immense powers, it's what Saturn uses to unleash her most powerful attack, and no doubt the demon would want this. Also, the Silence Glaive is the prize for the winners of the tournament so Saturn most likely would be there if she wants her Glaive back." "So you want us to do three missions at once without any clues about who we're supposed to find!" shouted Yuusuke. "That's right," said Koenma.

"There's a problem," Hotaru said suddenly. Everyone turned to look at her to see her staring intently at the picture of the Glaive. "Pardon?" asked Koenma, puzzled. Hotaru looked up. "The Silence Glaive they have at the tournament is a fake," she slowly said. Everyone just stared at her. There was a long uncomfortable silence. "How do you know?" Koenma finally broke the silence. Hotaru bit her lip. She couldn't tell them she had the real one or else, who knows? "Let's just say I've seen it before," she said. "If you've seen it before, you must've seen Sailor Saturn!" Kurama concluded. Koenma at once jumped up in his seat. "Why don't you go with them Hotaru? They could use your help in identifying Saturn!" said Koenma excitedly. "Well, alright but I don't think Saturn would come, as the Glaive is fake," Hotaru said. "How do we know you're telling the truth?" asked Yuusuke suspiciously. "Yuusuke!" There was a huge thud as Yuusuke hit the floor. "Kayko! What are you doing here?" asked Yuusuke nervously. Standing above him with an angry look on her face was a girl with brown hair, just a little taller than Hotaru. "Well, I was sure Kayko would have liked to come so I brought her here," said Botan cheerfully. "BOTAN!" shouted Yuusuke. Hotaru smiled, as Kayko slapped Yuusuke again

`Hn, such an idiot, letting a girl slap him.' Hiei thought. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Hotaru smile. She was so pretty when she smiled. `I did NOT just think that' Hiei told himself angrily. That woman was messing with his mind.

(Somewhere on Earth)

"Pluto, do you know where Hotaru is yet?" asked a worried Serena. Pluto sighed. "No not yet, but I believe we're getting close." "Sorry Pluto but I'm just so worried!" apologized Serena. "I'm just glad Mistress 9 is good now" Michelle said. "I'm sure Hotaru would be okay," she said trying to cheer up her princess. Serena lightened up a little. She could still remember when Mistress 9 had saved her and refused to team up with Chaos. Mistress 9 must have cared a little about Hotaru. A trace of a smile appeared on her lips. Everyone looked a little relieved. "Does Mistress 9 have the power to travel in between dimensions" Amara said suddenly. "We don't know," Pluto replied, "but even if she does, she's not going to waken unless Hotaru's Sailor Crystal is broken, which is very hard to do. Either way, I'm sure we will find her soon." Everyone nodded and left the Cherry Hill shrine.

(Elsewhere)

"Have you found her yet?" demanded Master 5. "No Master, but we believe we are getting close," said another voice from within the shadows. "Well, hurry! I must and will have my Queen soon," said Master 5. The shadowy figure bowed, then vanished. Master 5 stood up. It was time for another visit to the pathetic girls who called themselves Senshi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~

Hehe, cliffie there,

Anyway, I NEED IDEAS FOR THE TOURNAMENT NAME! I have virtually no idea on what to call it so far, please give me some ideas, pwease? *puppy dog eyes*