Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Obsidian Tears ❯ the Dark Senshi Tournament! ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I'm finally on the fifth chapter! I didn't think I'd even get this far! And Thank you! All my wonderful readers!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

The Dark Senshi Tournament! (Thanks Victor for giving me the idea!)

 

Hotaru sighed, everyone just kept ignoring her when she told them that the glaive at the Tournament was a fake. And now, here she was, at the portion of the stadium for the competitors. Yuusuke sat across from her, arguing with Keiko, getting slapped every now and then. Hotaru had become very good friends with Keiko after they were introduced. The door to their apartment slid open, Koenma stepped in. "Yuusuke, you really should start training now, as I found out, the tournament starts tomorrow," Koenma said. "TOMORROW!" shouted Yuusuke. `I THOUGHT THEY'ED GIVE US AT LEAST TWO DAYS!" "Yes well, it seems they wanted to start early this time," Koenma said. Hotaru sighed as everyone got out. They still didn't believe her when she said the glaive was fake.

She lingered behind, "I'll stay here, if that's okay with you," she said. "Sure," Yuusuke replied. Hotaru shut the door.

 

Yuusuke turned around, only to find everyone except Kuwabaka already gone. Kuwabaka still had a dreamy look on his face with hearts in his eyes. "Hotaru, what a beautiful name," Yuusuke heard him say. Yuusuke shook his head. A sudden thought crossed his mind. `Why did Hiei tell Kuwabaka to not touch her?' Suddenly, a big grin spread across Yuusuke's face. It was time to play matchmaker.

 

 

(with Hotaru)

 

 

Hotaru sat down back on the couch. Koenma had told her it would take at least a month for them to track down her dimension. Till then, she was stuck here. She had considered telling them she was Saturn but in the end, had decided against it. She fingered her transformation pen, if Master 5 was here at the tournament, then she'd better watch out.

 

 

(with the others)

 

 

Kuwabaka still had hearts in his eyes when he came down to the place they were using as a training ground, an empty clearing in a bamboo groove. "I will be a good husband and I will always be…" he recited dreamily over and over and over again. Hiei saw him and snorted. `Stupid ningens and their feelings.' He thought. So, their training started. After about half-an-hour, Hotaru decided to come along and watch. Kuwabaka immediately decided to show off for her. He produced his Spirit Sword. Hotaru watched as he tried to hit Hiei, and hit face down in the dirt. Shaking her head as he got up and tried to hit Hiei again, and landed in a bunch of bamboo.

 

(Hiei's POV)

 

`Hn, such and idiot' I thought as carrot-top tried to hit me with his spirit sword a third time. That's when I noticed Hotaru watching. `wasn't she supposed to be in her room?' I ducked as the moron tried to get me again, this time, hitting face first into a boulder. "Don't worry baby, I'm okay!" I heard Kuwabaka say to Hotaru who was watching. For some reason, I was angry. I grabbed a bamboo stalk which was growing nearby, I wrenched it out of the ground and hit Kuwabaka full force. He fell to the ground. I was furious. I whacked him over and over with the bamboo stick. `How dare you!' I shouted inside my mind. Anger coursed through my very veins. `How dare you try to take her! How dare you try to impress her, How dare you...' I finally realized what I was doing. Still, I was furious, how dare he! `Wait a minute, why do I care about things like this.' I gave him a final whack, which sent him crashing face first into a grove of bamboo and threw the stick away. That woman was contaminating him.

 

 

(Normal POV)

 

 

Everyone watched with interest as Hiei beat Kuwabaka with a bamboo stick over and over. It was kinda funny if you could see Kuwabaka crash into boulders and land face first in the dirt. Everyone could also see Hiei was quite mad. No one (except Yuusuke) knew why. Hotaru giggled a little. Five minutes later, Hiei seemed to have finally regained his senses, as he gave Kuwabaka a final whack and threw the stick away. Then, he disappeared again.

 

There was a sudden rustling noise in the bamboo. Everyone (except Kuwabaka, who was still pretty beat-up) turned to see who it was. As the figures stepped out, everyone gasped. "Well, well, well, if it isn't the spirit detective," said a sinister voice. Hotaru paled and shrank back. There were 4 horrible looking monsters. One looked like a solid stone statue, only it was alive! The second one looked horribly like a blue tiger with two legs and fangs protruding from its mouth. The third one looked almost human, yet there was some thing reptilian about him. The last one seemed to be the leader. He had marks on his face and chest and very big muscles. He had long reddish hair and even longer claws (a/n just kidding! I know his claws aren't that long). "Rando," hissed Yuusuke. "what are you doing here?" "We are competing in the Dark Senshi Tournament and believe me, we will win," replied Seiryu with a smirk. "I thought we killed you all," Yuusuke spat out. "Well, I guess you didn't," Byakko shot back. "I see Sazuku is missing from your group," stated Kurama coldly. Hotaru could only guess who they meant. "Yes well, he seems to be the only one who really got killed. You see, we had several escape routes and it looks like we fooled you all," laughed Genbu. Yuusuke switched his attention to Rando. "I thought you were still in jail?" he demanded. "Well, it looks like I'm out now," Rando smirked. "Come, we must catch up on our training. Motioning to the three remaining Saint Beasts, they left, leaving the Reikai Tentai to ponder.

 

Hiei, who had been hiding up in a tree, jumped down, glaring at the spot where the new-comers had stood. Hotaru finally broke the silence. "Shouldn't we go back?" she asked nervously. Everyone nodded and turned to go back to their apartment in the place. While they were walking, Yuusuke walked up beside Hotaru and pushed her slightly, not enough to hurt her, just enough to send her sprawling toward Hiei. Hiei, who heard her cry out turned and caught her before she hit the ground and set her upright. Hotaru blushed and muttered a thank you. Yuusuke grinned.