Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Red And Blue ❯ The Death of Genkai ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
And so begins yet another fic of mine. This is Chapter 6.

Taeniaea: Well, this is your Chapter 6.

Hoshiko Megami: Yes, I’m evil. Heard of the word cliffhanger?

Harpygirl91: Yup, an overprotective Icy. If Karasu battles her, he will be in a world of pain. I confirm it.

Disclaimers: YYH and Sailor Moon aren’t mine.

Chapter Summary: Genkai dies. Icy’s final transformation begins. The Starlights and girls face off. The God, Mercury reveals shocking news about the Tsuki no Hime.

Chapter 6: The Death of Genkai

*********************************************************** ***********************************

“Ew.” Icy mumbled, as she washed off the dried demon’s blood off her hands.

“You really didn’t have to do that, you know?” Kurama mused, as he stood at the bathroom door.

“Killer instinct.” Icy retorted.

“Right…” Kurama rolled his eyes.

He was immediately met by a thin ice beam that shot millimeters away from his hair.

“Hey!” he protested.

“Then you’d better watch what you say dear.” Icy replied.

Kurama nodded mutely.

Coming up to him, she mumbled into his ear, “Whoever said ice and vegetation don’t mix is so wrong.”

Kurama shivered under her teasing breath.

“Just feel lucky I’m not in heat, Blue.” he hissed.

Icy blushed hotly at his implication.

Kurama smirked.

Then, his eyes turned downcast.

“Do what you have to do, dear. And don‘t worry about me.” Icy told him gently, her eyes reflecting her understanding.

Kurama gave her a wistful smile and went out.

Icy sighed as the door clicked shut.

After making sure that Kurama was gone, Icy made for the door and into the forest..

It was finally time.

************************************************************ ***************************

Outside, Kurama had wandered off into the forest and somehow ended in a peaceful thicket.

Sitting on a huge branch, he produced two seedlings and began pondering on whether to use which one.

************************************************************* **************************

Meanwhile, Toguro and Genkai stood facing each other

Genkai then asked Toguro why he had invited her to the Dark Tournament, and Toguro replied that he wanted her to see the truth about the cruelty of time.

************************************************************ ***************************

Elsewhere. Kuwabara was trying to find Yusuke who had ran off previously.

He encountered his sister, Botan, Keiko, and Yukina, and asked whether they had seen Yusuke.

They replied they had not

Immediately thereafter, Yusuke was running through a forest. He had sensed Toguro's power.
**************************************************************** ***********************
Back with Genkai and Toguro, Genkai confirmed that she had passed the ‘Spirit Wave’ onto Yusuke, and Toguro replied that because of that, there was no further need for Genkai. He planned to kill her.
****************************************************************** *********************
Next come a flashback of Toguro and Genkai's younger days.

It showed their defeating a team of demons rather effortlessly, and then their conversation in a boat. It was then when Toguro revealed that he was not scared of the fact that stronger opponents would challenge them, but rather that they would come when he was too old and weak to fight. He told Genkai that his greatest desire was to have a never-aging body.
***************************************************************** **********************
He then transformed to 45 percent of his total power, and charged at Genkai, who held her ground, remembering that she only had enough energy to fire 3 more blasts of ‘Spirit Guns’.
She charged up as well, jumping into the air and crashing into Toguro, firing a blast into his arm. Toguro quickly made a grab, which Genkai narrowly avoided. She flew backward and landed, panting.
Toguro dropped a bloody piece of Genkai's tunic to the ground and revealed that he was trying to rip her heart out. He then noted that 45 percent of his power was insulting to Genkai; he was going to let her see 80 percent of his strength.
************************************************************* *****************************
Hiei, Kurama, and Kuwabara all sensed the energy, wondering what could be causing it.

************************************************************** *************************

Toguro told Genkai that she was the fourth person to ever see him use that much power, but that she would not be counted for long.

He fired an energy blast, which Genkai dodged.

Toguro charged forward and punched the ground, creating an enormous crater, which Genkai leapt into the air just in time.

She landed on a stray rock that was thrown up by Toguro's punch, and fired another Rei-Gan.

Toguro caught the blast with one arm and held it back until it dissipated.

Genkai landed, shocked.

Toguro mocked, asking if that was the best Genkai could do, and he then told her that he should have killed her back when she was at full power, at the tournament.

Toguro added that the person he was facing was not Genkai at all, but rather just a body of skin and bones.

Genkai replied that she was indeed Genkai, and asked Toguro whether he thought he could really kill her.

Toguro replied that he had no idea. But he was willing to try.Toguro started running for Genkai, and she realized that Toguro's power was completely different from the way it once was. She replied that she was not scared to die, but she wanted to make Toguro remember who he once was before she goes

As she began her speech, she transformed back into her younger state, and she fired one final Rei-Gan with all her strength. Toguro punched straight through it...and Genkai.Yusuke arrived at the scene to see his mentor, dying.

He ran over to her and said that Kurama will heal her.

She replied it was too late for her, and she warned Yusuke not to do what Toguro did: forsaking friends for power.

She recalled how she was invited to the tournament and refused. The messengers told her that Yusuke would be participating, however, so she changed her mind.

Back in the present, Genkai breathed her last breath. Toguro then told Yusuke that if he had been born earlier, the whole thing could have been averted.

He added that Genkai chose the wrong path in life, the path that led to death as opposed to power.

Yusuke warned Toguro to shut up.

Toguro then replied that Genkai was just a decaying dog.

This set Yusuke off, and he charged at Toguro, blind with rage.

He punched him, but Toguro caught the punch.

However...it threw him off balance.

Toguro countered though, and punched Yusuke in the face, sending him flying through many trees until he finally landed against a stronger one.

Toguro complimented that was a good punch, looking at his hand, which was badly injured and was happy that he would get to use 100 percent of his power in a fight with Yusuke. Yusuke reminisced about his training with Genkai, and then sees a vision of her, a vision that reminded him not to lose.

He stood back up and punched the tree until it collapsed, and he vowed never to forgive Toguro.

********************************************************** ************************************

Back with Icy, she had found a relatively secluded spot.

Ditching her armband, she was once again morphed into her kitsune form.

With a howl, she opened a portal and entered it.

************************************************************** *****************************

Near to where Icy was, Hiei rose his head when he felt a wave of chilling cold that could only belong to one person.
Or one kitsune. he mentally corrected.

What the hell is that onna doing? he mentally wondered.

******************************************************** *******************************

Kurama felt Icy’s aura skyrocket and knew that she had reverted to her kitsune form.

So soon? he mentally asked.

No answer.

Worried, Kurama was about to go in search for his mate when he felt her aura disappear.

Frowning, he wondered.

Blue, where are you?

*************************************************************************** ************

Seconds after she stepped into the portal, Icy found herself on the shores of the Styx River.

Why have you arrived, child of Mercury. Hades’ voice entered her head.

You know what must be done, Lord of the Underworld. Icy replied.

Yes. Then do as you must. Hades told her.

Icy nodded her thanks, shut her eyes and entered the Styx River.

Painstaking seconds passed and Icy emerged on the other side of the Styx River shore.

Her nine tails shrunk in size and extended in length as they made way for the additional three.

Gomen ne koishii. But this had to be done. she transferred the thought back to the Makai.

*********************************************************** ****************************

Kurama’s eyes widened when he received the message.

Doushite Blue? he thought back.

Still no response.

******************************************************** *******************************

Her next destination was the Phlegethon River.

Looking down at the river of boiling blood, Icy swallowed a mental gulp and entered the river of fire.

Meticulous seconds passed and Icy emerged on the other side of the Phlegethon River shore.

The red river water tinkled down her body and it was noted that an additional three tails appeared behind her.

Two rivers down, two more to go.

By now Icy’s energy was almost depleted, but she knew she had to move on if she was to evolve to her ultimate form.

The sacrifices I make. she mused.

Next stop, the Acheron river.

*********************************************************** ****************************

With the River of Woe just millimeters away from her, Icy gritted her canine teeth and stepped in.

Scrupulous seconds passed and Icy emerged on the other side of the Acheron River shore, her body still burning in pain from her ordeal.

Two thinner and longer tails were added to the either side of her tail fan.

Last stop; the Cocytus River.

*********************************************************** ****************************

Ignoring the wailing cries from the lost souls on the Cocytus River bank, Icy stepped into the last river that ran through the Underworld.

Rigorous seconds passed and Icy crawled on the other side of the Cocytus River shore, excruciatingly pulling herself up to the bank to avoid being swept away by currents of the Cocytus River.

Completely worn out, she managed to pull herself to safety before passing out.

The camera moved in to show her last tail, thicker and longer than the rest, had grown out.

It was also noted that there was a headgear with a glittering gem on her forehead.

******************************************************** *******************************

Meanwhile, Eternal Sailor Moon had arrived with the rest of the Senshi and Tuxedo Kaman to the Makai.

“Where is that wretch?” Super Sailor Jupiter asked, scanning around.

“Split up and search!” Super Sailor Venus instructed.

The Senshi nodded and was about to spread out when three figures appeared in the shadows.

“Breaking through the evil darkness, I am a wandering shooting star! Sailor Star Fighter, Stage On!” Sailor Star Fighter announced boldly, stepping into the light.

“Sailor Star Healer, Stage On!” Sailor Star Healer added., following her ‘sister’.

“And Sailor Star Maker, Stage On!” Sailor Star Maker finished the introductions.

“Starlights!” the Inners cried out in happiness.

“Have you come to help us?” Eternal Sailor Moon asked hopefully.

The three Starlights looked at each other and shook their heads.

“Gomen Odango.” Sailor Star Fighter answered.

“We’re here to protect Mizuno-san.” Sailor Star Maker added determinedly.

“Touch her, you’ll have to face the wrath of my ‘Star Gentle Uterus’” she threatened.

“You’re overdoing it.” Sailor Star Healer mumbled.

Super Sailor Venus quirked a curious but knowing brow, while Super Sailor Jupiter seethed silently.

“So did your precious Kakyuu-hime want you to come?” Super Sailor Uranus pressed.

“What if she did?” Maker challenged.

Then glaring at Eternal Sailor Moon, she added, “I have no idea what really happened. But if you’re going to reject Mizuno-san just because she is different, then I don’t know you anymore, Sailor Moon!”

“Well, she’s a demoness in human form!” Eternal Sailor Moon argued.

“So am I with Mistress Nine.” Super Sailor Saturn intervened.

Super Sailor Pluto was beside her.

Training her stony look at Eternal Sailor Moon, the Death Senshi added, “What makes Ami-nee different?”

“Mistress Nine is no more.” Super Sailor Neptune argued.

The rest of the Senshi nodded.

“What Mercury had with her existed even during the Silver Millennium. Queen Selenity knew but she didn’t prosecute her. Then why are you doing so now?” Super Sailor Pluto questioned her princess.

Eternal Sailor Moon was rendered speechless.

“Even so, she’s still evil.” Super Sailor Mars protested hotly.

“If so, then why hasn’t Mercury rejected her?” Super Sailor Saturn pointed out.

The Planetary Senshi were stunned silent.

“The Ginzuishou sees her as a threat. She must be eliminated.” Eternal Sailor Moon declared.

“Was that what the Crystal truly says or are you afraid that once Mercury’s true powers manifest, she’ll overthrow you as Queen?” Super Sailor Pluto questioned her princess.

Eternal Sailor Moon frowned at the Time Senshi. What she said had spelled out her outmost fears; that Crystal Tokyo was not always be a sure thing; that the entire presence of the Neo Millennium was a hoax, something that would disappear in the blink of an eye.

“You, of all people, should know better, hime. Mercury will never do such a thing.” Super Sailor Pluto reasoned.

“The Ginzuishou told me that she will be a Queen!” Eternal Sailor Moon screeched.

“A Queen yes. But not the Queen of Earth. She will be the Queen of Foxes.” Super Sailor Pluto revealed.

Turning to Sailor Star Maker, Super Sailor Pluto gave her a sad smile.

“Gomen Star Maker, demo Mercury’s destiny doesn’t lie with you. She already has a mate.” she told Maker.

“NANDE?” came the shocked exclaim.

Super Sailor Pluto sighed.

“Hai, a mate.” she empathized.

One look from the Time Senshi reminded Maker that Mizuno-san was a fox. And when mates were mentioned, it could only mean one thing.

Mizuno-san was out-of-reach, permanently.

***************************************************** ************************************

God of Mercury...can you hear me?

Just once...couldn’t you give me a chance? A chance away from all of this? I’m so tired, tired of protecting your name against the throne of Selenity. So tired of living... Just once...just once I want to know...what it is like to...to have another smile...know what it is like to chase after destiny. Know what life is really about. Know that everyone deserves happiness. Know that I don’t have to protect someone else’s happiness forever.
Icy wondered to the God her planet loaned its name from.

By accepting your true form, my child, you’ve broken free of Selenity’s hold. You’re now not only my granddaughter and heir to the Mercury throne, you’re also the Queen of Foxes. Mercury answered her prayers.

Demo, Selenity’s daughter will hunt me down for my power. Power which she will take for her own, just like her mother did to mine. Icy replied.

You are not alone, Aino. Saturn too has the same gift that you do. Mercury replied.

Gift? Icy snorted. I prefer to call it a curse. A curse that condemned me to be forever be an outcast.

You are more in tuned to your element than you think. Aino. You have attained what the others couldn’t, not even Selenity’s daughter. Feel it inside you. The gem on your headpiece, it is the core of your soul, your soul of ice.
Mercury replied.

This raw power… God of Mercury. Selenity’s daughter will hunt me down for this. She will draw this power into the Ginzuishou to further enhance the crystal’s power. I will die with the others; never to be reborn, in order for Selenity’s daughter to get what she wanted and have everything she needed. Icy replied.

Then tell that to the others. I’m sure they will understand once you reveal the truth; the truth that was kept even from Pluto. Mercury replied.

Icy nodded mutely as the conversation was shut off.

This was her destiny; to be the first to turn against their so-called Princess before she destroys them for her own selfish purpose.

********************************************************* ********************************

SailorStar9: And the showdown between the Starlights, Pluto, Saturn and the girls finally begin.