Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Red And Blue ❯ The Finals Begins ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
And so begins yet another fic of mine. This is Chapter 9.

Taeniaea: Well, this is your Chapter 9.

Harpygirl91: Technically the girls aren’t under her control. It’s just that they’re used to the Moon Princess governing them for so long, they tend to take for granted what she says is for their own good. By the way, the girls aren’t really dead. Their star seeds, henshinn pens and heart crystals are all teleported off the to their own castles to be reborn. Same thing with Eternal Sailor Moon. Let’s just hope she realized her mistake this time round.

Disclaimers: YYH, Magic Knight Rayearth and Sailor Moon aren’t mine.

Chapter Summary: The finals finally begin. Sakyo fills in for Team Toguro. The ‘Soul Hunter’ is back and Karasu finds out the hard way never to mess with a kitsune Queen’s mate.

Chapter 9:The Finals Begins

*********************************************************** ***********************************

The time for the finals had arrived.

Before the gate opened, the four boys were seen getting psyched for the battle ahead.

Then, Yusuke noticed something.

“Hey, where’s Frostbite?” he asked.

“Here.” came her stony answer, as Icy came into view behind the team captain.

“Girlfriend, don’t scare me like that.” Yusuke complained, his hand to his chest, trying to clam his racing heart.

The unfazed girl was leaning against the wall.

“A mini skirt?” Kuwabara quirked a brow.

Icy frowned at the oblivious redhead and a spilt millisecond later, an ice blade was pointed dangerously at his throat.

“It’s been a while since I strained my hands in blood, simpleton. If you catch my drift, then don’t piss me off.” she hissed.

Kuwabara gulped and nodded nervously.

Yusuke chuckled, while Hiei’s smirk went up a notch.

“You know, I actually think Kuwabara deserves it this time.” Yusuke snickered.

Kurama just nodded as the gate opened.

Team Toguro found themselves ineligible to participate due to being short on a team member.

Sakyo filled in for Team Toguro.

Glaring dangerously at the opposition, her eyes settled on Karasu.
If looks could kill, the maniacal demon would be six feet under twenty times over.

Karasu shuddered under her intense glare.

On the other end of Team Urameshi, Yusuke’s spirit energy was threatening to explode.

Icy’s henshinn pen materialized in her hand, as the unofficial Team Urameshi second-in-command contemplated on whether which form she wanted to battled in.

The other three in between the two sweatdropped.

Karasu was the first to step up.

Kuwabara was about to come forward when Icy beat him to it.

A trail of frozen wisteria petals whiffed past the four boys and Yusuke knew what was happening.

The ‘Soul Hunter’ is in the house.

Karasu looked on at the sudden transformation in bewilderment and then fear when he realized who he was up against.

The roar of the audience quieted when the ‘Soul Hunter’ was revealed.

Kurama looked on and gasped silently when he saw that Icy’s eyes were no longer their usual watery blue.

Instead, they had hardened into a stony Prussian blue which glinted with an aura that promised death.

Juri then announced that the fight had began.

Icy crossed her arms behind her back and unscathed her shortened jittes which extended into their full length just seconds afterwards.

“I wasn’t really expecting to fight you.” Karasu admitted.

Turning a leery snigger at Kurama, Karasu added, “I had been wanting to battle that lovely mate of yours over there.”

Icy growled lowly.

“Go to hell, Karasu.” Icy snarled.

Tossing her jointed jittes in the air, Icy leapt up and grabbed the joined swords.

A paralyzing dust swirled freely out of the blades, surrounding the ‘Soul Hunter’ within its confines.

The glowing bombs that encircled her before were defused on contact.

“Lousy trick.” Icy retorted.

“Smart.” Karasu complimented.

“Don’t forget who you’re facing now, Karasu.” Icy reminded him.

Just as she rescathed her jittes, Karasu threw a huge dynamite at her.

************************************************************* *****************************

“Icy!” Kurama almost screamed, seeing his mate engulfed in the huge explosion.

Kuwabara looked on, stunned.

Meanwhile, Yusuke and Hiei were glaring daggers at Karasu.

********************************************************** *************************************

“Nice trick, trying to catch me unawares.” Icy retorted somewhere from the smoke.

Karasu was stunned.

How did she…

As if to answer his unasked question, numerous ice chains emerged from the smoke, hinging themselves onto the walls of the stadium.

Caught totally unaware, Karasu found himself dangling fifteen feet off the ground; on criss-crossed chains.

********************************************************** *************************************

A couple of the said chains flew overhead of Team Urameshi.

“Karasu’s in for it.” Yusuke remarked, his eyes staring unwaveringly at the chain right above him.

“She’s very famous for this.” he answered the team’s unasked question.

******************************************************** ***************************************

“Almost got me there.” she added from somewhere above.

When the smoke disputed, Icy was seen standing in the middle of what would be described as an intricate ice chain web.

On the edges of the chains were giant teethed wheels. When certain chains were squeezed, the wheels would slide along the chains they were connected to, mortally wounding the prey.

************************************************************ *********************************

“A web?” Hiei chorused incredulously.

“She was known as ‘The Black Widow” before she was called the ‘Soul Hunter’” Koenma stated, coming before the boys.

Kurama winced mentally.

Koenma looked at the redhead and sighed.

“There’s still quite a lot of thing I didn’t know about her.” Kurama admitted. “This is one of them.”

***************************************************** ****************************************

Reaching out, Icy grabbed the criss-crossed chains and squeezed them.

In response, the respective teethed wheels slid across the chains which Karasu was unfortunately dangling from.

The said demon let out an anguish scream of pain when the teeth slashed across his arms.

“Let go of me, you b!@#$!” Karasu screamed. (A/N: In order to keep this fic K+, curse words will be censored off from this point on.)

“As you wish.” Icy replied coolly as she released her grip from the chains.

Karasu was seen drooping down to land on one of the chains below.

However, Icy was not about to let him off this easily. Whomever made a pass at her mate will die, slowly and painfully.

Within seconds, Icy was slightly above Karasu.

Reaching out to her left, she squeezed another criss-crossed chains. Karasu was struggling to pull himself up with another teethed wheel swept across his body, slashing off part of his shirt.

Karasu was trapped, like a fly on a spider’s web. He could only wait to be slaughtered by the vengeful female warrior.

Karasu was once again dropped down on a chain and Icy repeated her torment.

This went on until Karasu was on the ground once again, bleeding profusely from the numerous wounds he had received from the accursed teethed wheels.

But Icy wasn’t done with him. Karasu will suffer.

The chain web, having done its job, was retracted back to its mistress.

******************************************************** ************************************

“Karasu is dead.” Yusuke commented.

“Frostbite’s on a murderous rampage.” he added, answering everyone else’s unasked question.

******************************************************** **********************************

Karasu barely managed to get up with a giant shadow overloomed him, pressing him onto the arena.

He rose his eyes to find himself staring into beady, frost-blue eyes that promised instant death.

“Tell me Karasu. Give me one reason why I shouldn’t cut that pretty head of your off your little neck.” the eighteen-tailed kitsune growled.

Karasu gulped silently, not giving her an answer.

Giving him a frown, the kitsune Queen gave a loud howl, still pinning her prey on the arena ground.

Mighty jaws of pure energy clamped down hard of the base of Karasu’s neck with a sickening crunch. Bolts of ice cascaded all around the kitsune’s body, penetrating her prey in merciless waves. Karasu screamed in agony, bucking wildly, trying to rid himself of the massive creature at his collar.

Releasing Karasu for a split second, Icy’s brilliant white fangs sank into her prey's nape with a resounding snap only seconds before a bolt of pure ice came crashing down at the mistress of Ice’s bidding. The loud energy bolt had no effect on Icy, but gave very startling results on Karasu.

When the blindingly light died down, Karasu’s flesh and bones had melted into dust. (A/N: Tell me if Karasu’s punishment is enough. If it isn’t, I can make it even worse.)

Howling in victory, Icy walked back to the shell shocked boys, not bothering to wait for Juri’s countdown.

She then transformed back to her human form, minus her ‘Soul Hunter’ grub.

************************************************************ ******************************

“WHAT?” she exclaimed, staring at the four literal jaw drops.

“That was…” Kuwabara stammered.

“Incredible.” Yusuke added.

Hiei muttered something about ‘overpowered kitsunes’ under his breath.

Just when I think you couldn’t get anymore powerful, you just have to go and prove me wrong. Kurama’s impressed reply entered her head.

Icy let out a mental yawn, causing Kurama to quirk a worried brow at her.

“Tired.” Icy muttered, her body threatening to give way.

Kurama quickly caught her before she collapsed.

“What’s wrong?” Yusuke asked.

“Unleashed way too much power, I guess.” Icy shrugged tiredly.

“And if you guys don’t mind, good night.” she added, before dropping her head on Kurama’s shoulder and dozed off.

Everyone else sweatdropped.

“That was fast.” Kuwabara commented.

For once, nobody disagreed.

******************************************************* **************************************

SailorStar9: (Sweatdrops) And that is Chapter 9. Hiei’s fight is next. Stay tuned for Chapter 10: Beneath Bui's Armor.