Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Red And Blue ❯ The Shadow of Elder Toguro ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
And so begins yet another fic of mine. This is Chapter 11. Darn, writing a Hiei/Hotaru is so difficult. Makes me think of Wufei/Rei.

Taeniaea: Well, this is your Chapter 11.

Suuki-Aldrea: Ah yes, Koenma and his pacifier. How am I supposed to have these two kiss!? (Screams) Ideas anyone!?

Harpygirl91: Yup, Kurama is whipped. Then again, Icy is a lot more powerful than he is, whether or not he is in his Yoko form. But in the bedroom however, let’s just say Kurama makes very good use of his Rose Whip.

Disclaimers: YYH, Magic Knight Rayearth and Sailor Moon aren’t mine.

Chapter Summary: Seeing Hiei has woken up, Kurama and Icy leave Hotaru with him. Meanwhile, Koenma and Setsuna shared a moment together. And Kuwabara’s fight begins.

Chapter 11: The Shadow of Elder Toguro

*********************************************************** ***********************************

With the stadium basically destroyed because of Hiei's ‘Dragon of the Darkness Flame’, the next battle would had to commence later.

And later meant six hours.

Hiei finally woke up wondering what was going on.

His eyes turned up to see a pair of violet eyes looking somewhat worriedly at him.

Icy snickered and pulled Kurama out.

The fire apparition frowned and backed off, but seeing Hotaru’s disappointed gaze, the half-fire demon sighed and asked, “What happened?”

The Death Senshi informed him about the ring dilemma.

Looking down at his body, Hiei was astounded to find his injures were no more.

“I healed you.” Hotaru replied softly, answering his unasked question.

“I don’t need a weak onna to heal me!” the half-fire demon retorted.

Hotaru frowned at him, her Saturn personnel taking over.

“I won’t have healed you if Ami-nee hadn’t requested me to!” she screamed back, her Saturn sign burning on her forehead.

Hiei blinked at the outburst this seemingly weak Ningen had let out.

She knew the ice onna? he wondered.

Upon seeing her sign, Hiei mentally gasped in recognition.

The astral symbol of Saturn. Don’t tell me… this onna is the Messiah of Silence? he wondered.

“I heard screaming, Firefly. What’s wrong?” Icy asked, running into the room.

“I heard screaming.” Kurama added, running alongside with his mate.

“This… this ... Jerk…” Hotaru hissed, angry tears threatening to flow.

“I never know how I fell for him back in the Silver Millennium!” she screamed.

Icy shook her head.

“It’s been a long while, Taru. You can’t expect him to remember after so long.” she replied, trying to pacify the enraged Senshi.

“Find Setsuna.. I’ll deal with Mr. Unfeeling here.” she advised.

The younger Senshi nodded and took off to find the Time Senshi.

Mr. Unfeeling? Kurama quirked a brow.

What best to describe this ‘best’ friend of yours, dear? Icy questioned back sarcastically.

Kurama sighed.

“Hiei, I heard.” the ice kitsune stared unwaveringly at the half-fire demon.

“Hotaru. Is. Not. Weak.” she hissed, empathizing on very word.

“She is the Forbidden Senshi. The Senshi of Death, Destruction and Rebirth. The Messiah of Silence. She may not be the strongest physically, but she has the most destructive powers amongst us Senshi; heck even that Moon traitoress is afraid of her. One drop of her Glaive and you can kiss the Earth goodbye.” she informed the fire apparition.

“I realized that.” Hiei admitted slowly.

“Did you?” Icy rose a brow.

“I saw her astral sign, onna.” Hiei retorted.

“Then apologize.” Icy scolded, pointing to the door.

Hiei glared at her.

“I will not degrade myself to apologizing to that… that.. Weak onna!” he protested.

C.M.P! Icy mentally screamed.

Kurama rolled his eyes.

“Do not make me drag you over there, shorty!” Icy threatened, her fist glowing a dangerous ice blue.

Hiei stumbled to his feet and exited, muttering curses under his breath.

Before closing the door, he stuck his head back in.

“Onna, what did that Saturn onna mean by ‘I never know how I fell for him back in the Silver Millennium’?” he asked.

“Ask her yourself.” Icy replied.

With Hiei gone, Kurama turned his attention to his silently fuming mate.

“I was meaning to ask that.” he said.

“I won’t give you the long version; almost two thousand years of history worth. To make a long story short: Both you and Hiei are linked to me and Hotaru during the Silver Millennium.” she replied.

“Me in this form or as Yoko?” Kurama asked.

Icy quirked a brow and pointed out the obvious, “I don’t believe Minamino Shuichi was alive back then.”
********************************************************** *************************************

(Warning: Major OCC-ness!)

“Go back Hiei. I know Ami-nee kicked you into coming here.” Hotaru sniffed.

“That ice onna did kick me into coming, but I also… Want to apologize… sincerely.” Hiei begun. (A/N: O/o;;; Hiei apologizing? That’s a new one.)

“I… I never knew what it felt like to be cared for…” he confessed.

He went on to tell her about his past; his birth and all.

Hotaru turned, her eyes widening.

Okay, first this guy claims that he doesn’t want her help, now he’s confessing his past to her!?

Turns out, Hiei was very much like her.

He was known as the Forbidden One because he was a male fire demon born to a koorime, who were all females. He was born male because his mother interacted with a male outside the isolationist koorime community. After being cast out as an infant, he was raised by a gang of bandits. The rest rejected him out of fear.

She was the Forbidden Senshi, the chinmoku no senshi or the ‘soldier of silence’ because of her power; the power of destruction. Her Haruka-papa, Michiru-mama and Setsuna-mama had tried to prevent her resurrection because it meant the end of the world. She had an enormous amount of energy that she used unconsciously when she was younger- she even attacked a student once though she did not remember the incident at all. The other students were understandably frightened by her and avoided her as much has they could.

And the two Forbidden children bonded, the bridge of friendship was thus created.

(A/N: Yay! A Hiei/Hotaru moment. Not much though. The Silver Millennium bit will come in later chapters.)

******************************************************* **********************************

“Sets…” Koenma begun.

The two not-very-secret lovers glanced at each other for the first time in years; Setsuna because of her duty to the Time Gates and Koenma because of his duty to the Makai.

“You know we weren’t meant to be, Koenma .” she begun.

“Love knows no boundaries, Sets.” Koenma replied.

“Between our duties Koenma, you know we weren’t meant to be.” Setsuna replied.

“Doesn’t matter.” Koenma mumbled.

Pulling out his pacifier, he stepped up and pinned the startled Time Senshi to the wall.

Not withstanding her silent protests, he pressed his body against hers and kissed her.

Setsuna’s eyes went wide at Koenma’s bold move, but made no attempt to stop him.

Temporarily forgetting her duties, Setsuna surrendered to her emotions, returning Koenma’s feverish kiss.

(A/N: Give Setsuna a break! She hasn’t seen Koenma for centuries!)

****************************************************** ***********************************

Back with the others, Kuwabara kept pestering Yusuke about where Genkai was since Yusuke would not answer.

After six hours, the next fight finally started; Kuwabara versus Elder Toguro.

The fight begun with Kuwabara using the Trial Sword which Suzuka gave him to slash the Elder Toguro.

Kuwabara was about to be crowned victor as he was suddenly stabbed by five spears in his arms above his heart and a few other places.

Behind him Elder Toguro was standing there, laughing.

The spears turned out to be his fingers and the other Elder Toguro was his other hand.

He explained to Kuwabara that his real body had traveled under the ring to the other side, tricking the clueless redhead.

Then Elder Toguro took his hand, relieving Kuwabara off his Trial Sword.

Then he mocked Kuwabara , asking if it was Genkai‘s last gift.

Kuwabara was shocked because he had no idea that Genkai was dead.

Elder Toguro confirmed his suspicion by saying that she was dead and Kuwabara was shocked once again, before glancing at Yusuke.

He was angry when he found out that everyone else knew she was dead; all except him.

Then Elder Toguro stabbed Kuwabara again and he fell to the floor.

Kuwabara looked up as Elder Toguro took his hand, turning it into the image of the young Genkai.

Then he narrated a story of how there used to be a young boy and girl and the girl named Genkai, a most beautiful girl in the world, and the boy named Toguro. Both of them became friends for the aim of learning the highest martial arts. But after a long period of time the girl became old and faded. As the boy stayed young and strong in the learning of martial arts by the power of the demon world. The old woman was jealous about the youth of the young man and to fight the man for a due fight. The old woman had it coming, being killed in the fight as Elder Toguro stabbed the Genkai image with his other hand.

Kuwabara was pissed at the lie.

************************************************************* ********************************

“NANI!?” Icy exclaimed, her previous fury mounting.

How dare he insult Genkai! she mentally screamed, conveniently forgetting that Kurama could hear her.

“LET ME AT HIM!” she hollered.

Setsuna and Kurama managed to hold her back.

Then Yusuke yelled back that it was not a fight of jealousy.
************************************************************* ********************************

Back in the arena, Kuwabara anger knew no bounds as his Spirit Energy rose.

The enraged redhead swore he would cut Elder Toguro into a thousand pieces.

Then Elder Toguro took out the Trial Sword from his pocket and said he could not kill him with the Trial Sword only.

He swirled his fingers into a drill and tried to stab Kuwabara in the heart.

But Kuwabara's Spirit Energy kept rising, preventing it from going in.

Elder Toguro was puzzled why the could not get through.

Then Kuwabara told him that he could not forgive him and unleashed hundreds of Spirit Swords at Elder Toguro.

Elder Toguro laid on the floor motionless and covered in blood.

Then Juri started counting.

Kuwabara walked away when Juri stopped counting when Elder Toguro remarked that it was pointless because his organs could reattach back.

Then his whole body was together again and he confessed that the only way to kill him was to hit his heart and brain and said he can move his internal organs freely so he would not know where they are.

Then he stabbed Kuwabara with his fingers again

Kuwabara was fighting Elder Toguro with Elder Toguro's fingers stabbing into the redhead, near his heart.

He threw Kuwabara onto the floor and starts talking about how if he moved he might move his fingers into his more viscous part.

Anyway, Juri started counting and Elder Toguro replied that he would chop Kuwabara's head of before she hit ten.

He changed his other hand into a blade while Kuwabara spotted his Trial Sword

Juri’s count was approaching ten and Elder Toguro tried to chop off Kuwabara’s head.

Then Kuwabara used his Spirit Sword, extending it to get the Trial Sword to him.

Elder Toguro cancelled his attack and they both got up to their feet

Then Kuwabara used the sword to cut up Elder Toguro who fell to the ground, all chopped up.

Elder Toguro reattached his organs once again so he was basically unharmed.

He stood up, only to find Kuwabara's Trial Sword had changed its shape into a huge frying pan shape and he smashed Elder Toguro with it.

************************************************************** ******************************

“A badminton racket?” Icy quirked an amused brow. “You guys are surprising me left and right in this tournament.”

“At least it works.” Yusuke shrugged as Kuwabara smashed Elder Toguro with the said weapon.

********************************************************** **********************************

Kuwabara won the fight.

He then walked over to Yusuke and punched him in the face for not telling him about Genkai's death.

Kurama, playing peacemaker, replied that Yusuke had not told them. All of them had just felt Genkai’s aura fade off.

The next battle; Toguro vs. Yusuke was about to start when Sakyo stepped in and asked the committee and Team Urameshi for a bet.

The bet was at if Yusuke defeated Toguro he would kill himself and if Toguro vanquished Yusuke, Koenma would have to kill himself.

The committee wanted to be given ten minutes to decide.

Sakyo and Toguro walked off as Sakyo related to Toguro of his life and past as Shizuru spied on them.

After ten minutes, both the committee and Koenma agreed.

Toguro and Yusuke stepped into the ring as the ground started shaking.

An evil laughter was heard and Elder Toguro came out of the ground.

********************************************************** *********************************

“Why won’t he just stay dead?” Icy hissed.

An annoying, psychotic immortal... just what the world needs. Thank you Toguro Ototo for making that wonderful wish. Remember? Kurama quoted.

I hate you. Icy replied.

“Love you too, Blue.” Kurama whispered, breathing into her ear.

************************************************************* ******************************

Back in the arena, the undead Elder Toguro asked his younger brother if he could be a weapon.

He starts boasting about which weapon he should be as Toguro came behind him, kicking his annoying older brother.

Then as the Elder Toguro came flying down, he prepared with an aerial attack and Toguro punched him up in the air, killing him.
****************************************************************** *************************

“And I thought Shizuru and Kuwabara were bad enough.” Icy commented, watching the younger Toguro punch his older brother.

Nobody disagreed.

******************************************************* ************************************