Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Red And Blue ❯ Out With A Bang ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
finally got my butt down to type this fic. This is Chapter 13. Read and review.

Disclaimers: YYH, Magic Knight Rayearth and Sailor Moon aren’t mine.

Chapter Summary: Yusuke’s battle finally begins. And this chapter signifies the end of the Dark Tournament.

Chapter 13: Out With A Bang

************************************************************* *********************************************

The scene opened with a replay of Yusuke's max. ‘Spirit Gun’ and Toguro.

After the energy was finally released, Yusuke fell to the ground.

Koenma, Kurama, Icy, and Hiei rushed to his side to help him up while Yusuke wondered if he was still alive.

Then he looked over at Kuwabara's dead body on the floor. Yusuke recalled the scene of
Kuwabara getting killed by Toguro.

Then he started blaming himself again.

Then Kurama looked at Kuwabara as Icy let out a snicker as the ‘dead’ redhead got up and started dancing around saying that he tricked Yusuke who then had a really dumb look on his face.

Icy went on the explain that when Kurama rushed to Kuwabara's aid after Toguro attacked him, that he faked his death to help Yusuke use that enormous power.

Then Yusuke started beating up Kuwabara for a few minutes and being really pissed for tricking him.

Hiei was about to comment something to Yusuke when he noticed that Yusuke was gone.

“Over there.” Kurama supplied, pointing his finger to the fight cloud and sweatdropping as it grew bigger.

Hiei managed a sweatdrop.

“Best friends huh?” Icy questioned in amusement as the fight cloud grew.

Kurama’s sweatdrop grew bigger, while Koenma shook his head.

Then Yusuke wondered why Toguro did not kill Kuwabara or was it because of his strong defensive power.

Then Kurama suggested to them that Kuwabara was not Toguro's target.

Sakyo walked over to them and told Koenma to take his life.

Koenma refused and Sakyo decided to take out a remote from his pocket and pressed a big button at the top.

A earthquake came up and the tournament was covered in cracks. Then a voice in the loudspeaker informed the crowd that in fifteen minutes the place would explode.

Then Sakyo walked away into a corridor.

Shizuru saw Sakyo walk into the corridor and she went after him.

Meanwhile, Yukina and Botan tried to get Keiko out of her unconscious state.

Koenma told the group to help the girls as he went to talk to Sakyo.

There was a mad rush among the demons present as they struggled to get out of the stadium.

Upon seeing Yukina was struck in the middle of the frenzy, Kuwabara made a beeline for her.

Everyone else sweatdropped.

Just hope Hiei doesn’t kill him. Icy remarked mentally.

I’m crossing my fingers on that one. Kurama replied jokingly.

I heard that. Hiei’s warning voice entered the conversation.

Want me to deep freeze that dragon of yours? Icy hissed back.

She could feel Hiei glare at her.

Then get out. This is a private conversation. she growled.

Sheesh. Hiei muttered, his presence fading out of the two kitsunes’ combined minds.

Smooth. Kurama mentally applauded.

Why thank you. Icy replied somewhat sarcastically.

Back with the girls, Botan was desperately trying to wake Keiko up to no avail.

Yusuke and the others managed to find their way to the girls, but not before a stab of stone fell over onto Yukina.

Yukina screamed.

Kuwabara was about to take the hit for her until…

Tome seemed to stop when the stone stab halted just inches from Yukina. Hiei had stopped the slab from falling on his half-sister.

Kuwabara muttered curses.

********************************************************** ************************************************

The scene cut off to Koenma talking to Sakyo.

Sakyo told Koenma about his plan to make a portal to connect the human world and the demon world.

Then, they both noticed Shizuru at the doorway listening to them.

She walked over near Koenma as Sakyo took out a lighter and threw it over to Shizuru.

Then, a lot of rocks came down, covering Sakyo up as Koenma managed to get Shizuru and himself out the room.

************************************************************ **********************************************

Back with the rest, Botan told Yusuke that Keiko was not responding.

Ticked off, Yusuke went up to Keiko and started to slap her in the face until she reached consciousness.

When she did wake up, Keiko slapped Yusuke so hard that it made a hole in the concrete.
Kurama and Icy winced.

Thank god we aren’t like that. she thought to him.

Kurama gave her a mental nod.

With Keiko awoke, the group made a run for with.

Three minutes and counting.

Then they finally reached the exit, they noticed that it was blocked by a lot of rocks.

Two minutes and counting

“Talk about a deadline.” Icy muttered.

Then Chuu, Jin, Touya, and Rinku made a path through the rocks on the other side as an unprocessed Puu finally caught up with them.

************************************************************ **********************************************

Scene change over to Koenma who was tripped by George who was stuck under the debris.

Koenma pulled him free with only half a minute left as they all ran out.

5...4...3...2...1...

After the last second count, the stadium went up in a ton of explosions as Koenma, Shizuru, and George barely made it.

Then, everyone watched the blown up stadium.

Next time there’s another Dark Tournament, I’m checking for explosives. Icy commented.

Kurama managed a sweatdrop.

Botan suddenly screamed as she remembered that they each got to have one wish.

We barely managed to escape with our lives and the only thing she thinks is that idiotic wish? Icy mentally screamed in incredulity.

I can hear you dear. My ears are ringing. Kurama complained.

Gomen. Icy mumbled.

Yusuke got a sad look as he said that even they could not fulfill his dream as Genkai's image appeared in the minds of the team.

************************************************************ **********************************************

Scene cut to the girls making a gravesite for Genkai on the beach.

Then it switched over to the room with the team as Puu flew up to the window.

Yusuke asked Puu to take him to Genkai as Kurama told him that he could not talk to Genkai.

He said Genkai could only be in the Spirit World for a short time since it was just a stop-over.

Yusuke nodded, “Fine! You heard fox boy! There’s nothing we can do for the old hag if she's already left, just got to keep on trying, yes sir! I'm going to go outside, make myself a shiny first place medal, sit in the sun, and have a stupendous, stupid day damn it!”

Insert door slam.

Kuwabara shouted after him, “Well, all right Urameshi... Could you make me a medal too?”

“And you guys wonder how I keep my sanity when I worked with him.” Icy muttered.

Kurama and Hiei chuckled.

******************************************************** **************************************************

Then it switched over to Spirit World.

Koenma and George headed over to Koenma's office.

When they opened the door, a ton of paperwork came trembling down as another ogre came out and told him that Enma left all the paperwork to Koenma.

After he was all settled, Toguro walked in to be decided by his sins.

Toguro said it was not necessary to judge him and added he wanted to go to Purgatory

The Purgatory was a terrible place where the people there experienced 10,000 years of torture.

Koenma said he could have a slight punishment because of his warrior deeds but Toguro still insisted that he wanted to go to Purgatory.

Koenma signed the paper and Toguro went off.

Then one of Koenma's servants walked in to tell Koenma about Toguro's past.

She told Koenma it was fifty years ago when Toguro became evil and that three months before that Dark Tournament, all of Toguro's pupils were killed by a demon named Kairen.

Then it showed Kairen killing all of Toguro's students and then Toguro walked in to find all of his pupils slaughtered.

Then the servant said Toguro went crazy.

Toguro disappeared the next three months and then the day he came forth to Genkai and his teammates, it had seemed he was caught by the devil.

In the final round of the Dark Tournament, he killed Kairen.

Then it said his wish was to become a demon.

*********************************************************** ***********************************************

Scene cut to Toguro walking down a narrow path to the Purgatory.

Near the doors, Genkai stood up and there was a replay of them of the past.

They start talking as Genkai said that he kept blaming himself for the deaths of his friends as Toguro responded he beat Guilan and became the devil.

They talked for a little bit more until Toguro told Genkai that she still had a job to do which was to help Yusuke get stronger.

They talked a little bit more until Toguro walked into the mist and into the Purgatory.

Then Genkai walked into Koenma's room and then there was a flashback of after Genkai was killed by Toguro with Koenma who was talking to Toguro.

Toguro told Koenma to keep Genkai's body safe in case if Yusuke won.

************************************************************* *********************************************

The scene cut back to the tournament with Yusuke and the others.

The girls finally showed up and the ship to the mainland was announced to be leaving in an hour.

Yusuke was still depressed on the death of his teacher, and even said he would miss the place.

Though it seemed like before everyone left back to the main land, Koenma was able to fulfill the one wish Yusuke truly desired as a voice cam from behind and everyone turned around.

They looked back and Genkai comes out walking toward them.

They all greeted her and went onto the boat. The boat left the island and the Dark Tournament was officially over.

On the boat, the group was standing on the dock side as the sea breeze blew past.

Yusuke nodded, “Back to skipping detentions.”

Kuwabara added, “And video games!”

Kurama replied plainly, “My human mother.”

Hiei smirked, “Various crimes.”

Icy sighed, “More studying. I’m three chapters behind.”

The four guys turned to her, blinking.

“Yup, same old Ami-nee.” Hotaru nodded.

“By the way Taru, this reminds me. With Haruka and Michiru dead, where are you going to live?” Icy asked.

Hotaru’s eyes widened in sudden realization.

“Oh no!” she exclaimed.

“Thought so.” Icy muttered.

“Well Setsuna had this wonderful idea of you moving in with me.” Icy supplied.

“Demo… your mum?” Hotaru mildly protested.

“Away for a medical convention for five whole months.” Icy replied. “So every day when I come back from cram school, all I do is stare at four walls.”

Cram school? And I thought I had it bad. Kurama winced.

By the way, Kura-chan. Icy replied.

Hai? the redhead asked.

Expect me to transfer to your school when we get back. With Usagi-hime and the rest gone, Setsuna thought it would be a good idea to have me transfer to your school. Icy replied.

So this means we have more time together. Kurama grinned.

Just keep your fan club away from me. Icy teased.

Kurama winced, I’ll keep that in mind.

*************************************************************************** *******************************

SailorStar9: And the Dark Tournament finally draws to a close. Next chapter, the beginning of the Chapter Dark Saga.