Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Red And Blue ❯ Setting the Trap ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
This is Chapter 15 and the Black Chapter Saga commences. Read and review.
Disclaimers: YYH, Magic Knight Rayearth and Sailor Moon aren’t mine.
Chapter Summary: The gang, minus Yusuke, heads off to the Yojigen Mansion to save their friend. Kurama encounters an schoolmate of his.
Chapter 15: Setting the Trap

After hearing of Yusuke's kidnapping, Kuwabara and Botan decided to gather the other three.

Meanwhile, Suiichi was cornered by three students from the Biology Club.
“Come on Suiichi, you have to, you're a genius! And as you as captain, our team can finally win.” one of them pleaded.
“As exciting as a biology meet sounds, my weekends are full.” Suiichi calmly replied.
The student continued to plead,“But you're a prodigy; top scores every week. And the girls love you, don't they? You'll turn this whole club around, we start winning more contests, we get more funding, then we get girlfriends!”

Upon hearing Kuwabara’s shout, Ami stood up from her leaning stance against the wall and turned to acknowledge the loud redhead and Botan.
“Where’s Kurama?” Kuwabara pressed.
“Suiichi’s inside.” Ami replied, pointing her thumb.
“Suiichi?” Kuwabara questioned.
Ami shrugged, “The both of us go by our human names here.”
Kuwabara snorted and crashed the door open, unfortunately crashing the science club captain underneath.
Suiichi sweatdropped.
“Well, I did warn him.” Ami remarked as she stepped in with Botan.
“Not enough apparently.” Suiichi muttered.
Botan immediately thrust the note in Kurama’s face.
The redhead mentally recited the note’s contents to Icy.
Seeing that the situation was serious, the quintuple took off.
Next task: Find Hiei; which was not very easy to say the least. Finding him was like searching for air in the sea.
Botan noted, “Too bad Hiei's not here. We could use his Jagan Eye to find himself.”
Did she really say that? Icy blinked.
Yes she did. Kurama sighed.
Botan then remembered of the spirit equipment she had given to Yusuke in his first case.
Once she returned, she opened the suitcase and the three saw that she had brought all seven equipment with her.
Rummaging for suitable items, Botan kept on rumbling about how successfully Yusuke tackled his first case, forgetting that two of the personnel involved were present.
She just had to rub it, didn’t she? Kurama mumbled.
Icy let out a small chuckle.
“So, which device will find him?” Kurama asked.
Botan sweatdropped, “Uh, heh heh...Oh right. Lets see... Ah! This superbly improved Demon Compass! A fresh take on the classic style for tracking down any demon!”
Kurama frowned, “But, can’t Hiei simply deceive it by manipulating his energy?”
Botan shook her head, “Uh... Not anymore, thanks to this newly installed Sample Chamber. By placing his DNA inside such as from a strand of hair, we can find him regardless of his energy!”
Kurama rolled his eyes and replied sarcastically, “It’s too bad I don’t carry around a locket of his hair.”
Botan nodded meekly, “Uh, yes, good point…”
Finally, she picked out the whistle.
Botan warned, “Cover you ears now, its rather annoying.”
Kuwabara and Kurama covered their ears and Botan blew the whistle.
Icy simply placed two objects into her ears.
Kurama muttered, “Ah, it penetrates my brain.”
Kuwabara blinked, “Really? I'm not hearing anything but the birds. “
Kurama turned to Icy and was relatively surprised to find her unfazed.
Ear plugs. came her answer to his unasked question.
Should’ve known. Kurama sighed.
Hiei dropped out of the tree seconds later, muttering profanities.
The gang then informed him about Yusuke’s capture.
Upon reading the note, Hiei snorted and tossed the paper back to Botan.
“Tell the kidnappers I've declined. I'm done babysitting.” he replied.
“Yusuke was a fool, to be caught this easily.” he added.
“What if I told you that the people who caught Yusuke weren’t exactly normal?” Icy asked.
“What do you mean onna?” Hiei pressed.
“I think what she means is that the people who captured Yusuke had abnormal powers.” Kurama supplied.
Hiei thought for a while until Botan added, “Help us with this and I’ll make sure that your name gets erased from the ‘Most Wanted’ list.”
Hiei agreed without a second thought.
Kuwabara shouted out, punching his fist into the air, “I'm gonna kick some major tail!”
Hiei burst out laughing.
Kuwabara frowned at he shorter demon, “Stop laughing, hamster legs!”
The five of them then proceeded to the mansion that was holding Yusuke captive.
“Hey why did you stop?” Botan asked, nursing her injured nose when she bumped into Kuwabara’s back.
Then, she struck her head out to see a note pinned on the door which read: When entered, this do not : Never utter the word ‘hot’.
Kuwabara asked, “Is it some kind of riddle?”
Kurama shook his head, “No, it’s a warning. There's no way to tell if its real. But we may as well take precaution.”
Kuwabara nodded, “Right. Nobody say 'hot'.”
Botan placed her finger to her lips, “Shh!”
Icy let out a ‘why me’ sigh.
Why does it sound so familiar? she frowned.
Because it does. Kurama replied. thinking what I’m thinking?
Icy nodded silently. They were not supposed to say the word "hot" or have those letters in order in a sentence.
Once the five stepped in, Icy felt her senses go haywire.
Something’s definitely wrong. she thought.
You felt it? Kurama asked.
Icy nodded.
And I think I know who is behind this. she added.
“Hello Kaitou.” she declared coldly.
“Ah the lovely Mizuno. I’ve never expected you to be Icy.” Kaitou leered.
Kurama immediately slipped a possessive arm around her waist, glaring daggers at Kaitou.
“And of course Minamino.” Kaitou sneered, glaring at Kurama.
He knew about the Dark Tournament, and the fact that Kurama used plants as his arsenal.
It later was revealed that Kaitou and his comrades had this special ability that could turn their imagination into physical reality.
Kaitou, within his ten meter radius, could prevent any sort of violence to be committed.
An angry Hiei was forced to say the taboo word, which resulted in his soul being captured.
While Hiei’s soul was getting captured, Icy was preparing a trap.

Moments later, Kuwabara and Botan’s soul were captured.
“So, who’s next?” Kaitou sneered.
“You,” he leered at Icy. “Or him.” Kaitou nodded at Kurama.
“How about neither.” Icy snapped and the trap was sprung.
Kaitou barely had time to ask what she meant when a huge ice snake emerged from the ground beneath him.
Kaitou barely had time to leap away when the serpent encircled him, trapping him within its confines.
“Since when…” Kurama blinked.
“You aren’t the only one with surprises around here, dear.” Icy reminded him.
“Impressive.” Kaitou noted.
Icy shrugged, “Since you said that we can’t attack in your territory, I figured why not defend?”
“Hey, where’s the key?” Yana exclaimed.
“Look up.” Kurama simply replied.
Yana looked up at the ceiling and was shocked to see vines above him.
Icy snickered, “Guess I’m not the only one with surprises around here.”
Kurama shrugged, “I was not stopped since I refrained from violence. With gentle discreetness, I merely borrowed the key from your coat pocket.”
I’m guessing Yoko’s rubbing off you. Icy mused.
The horror, the horror. Kurama joked.
Yana screeched, “So you picked my pocket with some greenery? You really are a first class freak!”
Turning his attention to Kaitou, Kurama suggested a new game with taboo as the central rule.
“It starts out as one letter but as time moves forward, we eliminate more. There are twenty-six letters in the alphabet and forty-five minutes to play, thus every one hundred and four seconds we will lose a letter we can say starting from the end, at Z, and moving backwards.”
So basically what he was saying was that as two minutes passed by, a letter in the alphabet would be eliminated. Words starting with the eliminated letter were forbidden. Condition: Kurama had to crack down Kaitou in under fifty minutes.
Kaitou nodded, “Follow the rules both host and guest, Don't utter a letter crossed off from the list. Each hundred-and-four seconds, note too, another letter becomes taboo.”
You sure about this?” Icy asked.
Trust me on this one. Kurama told her assuringly.
If you say so… Icy muttered.
With Hiei, Kuwabara and Botan’s souls on the line, the three geniuses squared off.
Kaitou and Kurama sat opposite each other with a chess set between them and Icy settled herself quite comfortably on Kurama’s armrest.
You’re doing this on purpose. the redhead accused teasingly.
So what if I am? Icy replied.
Turning to Kaitou, Kurama retorted, “How long can you afford this brazen facade?”
You are baiting him. Icy realized.
As you said: so what if I am? Kurama shrugged.
Minutes ticked by until Kaitou called for a toilet break.
Most probably to rethink his strategy. Icy mused.
Definitely. Kurama replied.
Ready? He asked.
Whenever you are. Icy replied.
When Kaitou returned from his extended toilet break, he was shocked to find that Kurama had turned his territory into a plant field.
However, this was no ordinary plant field. The greenery were enforced with ice-resistant protection.
A little unexpected. Icy nodded.
But not unwelcome. Kurama agreed.
Right now, Kurama’s chair had been lifted by his plants and the couple were engaged in an engrossed kiss.
Remind me to reward you later. Icy said.
You mean there’s more? Kurama asked in mock surprise.
Later. That jerk’s here. Icy replied, releasing Kurama from the deep kiss and ignoring his pout in protest.
Stage Two is in commerce, Owl. Kurama replied jokingly.
Do what you have to do, Fox. Icy retorted playfully, catching on his ‘Commando’ game.
Removing himself from her otherwise loving embrace, Kurama hung himself upside down like a bat, appearing behind the unsuspecting Kaitou.
Normally I would laugh at the absurdity of the situation. But for your sake, I’ll refrain. Icy told him.
Thank you. Kurama rolled his eyes.
Kaitou turned around unknowingly, only to meet Kurama’s upturned self.
“Baaaa!” the redhead begun.
Kaitou blinked for a second.
“BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!” Kurama shouted louder.
Upon seeing Kurama’s face, Kaitou could not help himself and he burst out laughing.
The pair won the battle of the wits.
With the caster gone, Kaitou’s influence disappeared.
Can I start laughing now? Icy inquired jokingly.
Laugh and I’ll kill you. Kurama hissed.
“In that case…” Icy trailed as she leapt down from the chair.
Kurama’s plant field retracted itself on its master’s command.
“Hope you don’t mind.” she whispered.
Before Kurama could ask her what she meant, Icy’s lips were planted firmly on his own.
That, I don’t. he replied.
Good, since we only have a while before the others wake up. Icy replied. I intend to make full use of it.
They continue kissing for some time.
“Ahem…” Botan coughed, in an attempt to break up the enamored couple.
No response.
Hiei used his Jagan Eye.
Break it up you two! he screamed in their heads.
The pair blinked and came up for air.
“About time.” Kuwabara roll his eyes.
“Next time, get a room.” Botan chided.
“And I always say; this is a room.” Icy retorted.
Kurama grinned, “She’s got a point.”
“You would agree with your girlfriend.” Kuwabara muttered.

SailorStar9: Ah, and Chapter 15 goes up. Read and review people.