Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Red And Blue ❯ The Tunnel ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Wow, and another chapter goes up. Sorry for the long wait guys. My brain refused to work with me. This is Chapter 17. Read and review.

Disclaimers: YYH, Magic Knight Rayearth and Sailor Moon aren’t mine.

Chapter Summary: A tunnel is being carved between the Living World and the Demon World that if completed would usher in such darkness and chaos that the world might never recover. In a bold move, the despicable Sensui begins his search for the person that will finally allow him to complete the tunnel.

Chapter 17: The Tunnel

*********************************************************** ***********************************************

“You’r e the mastermind? What’s going on?” Yusuke shouted out upon seeing Genkai.

“I should have known it was you.” Icy remarked.

With Genkai’s appearance, Kido immediately dropped to his knees.

“I’m sorry!” he apologized. ”I never really wanted to do this! I’m sorry!” Kido apologized profusely.

“You don’t need to apologize. I was the one who planned this entire thing.” Genkai replied.

“I don’t get it! Someone please explain this to me!” Yusuke screamed.

Kurama sighed, “You’re a bad person too, sensei.”

“Kurama!” Yusuke exclaimed.

“I felt it on the way here.” he added.

“Then please explain it to me. I’m confused!” Yusuke pleaded.

“Hn, but it isn’t because it’s fun.” Genkai snorted.

“Huh?” Yana blinked in confusion.

“I wanted you to experience their powers personally.” Genkai admitted.

“When did you know this?’ Botan asked to two geniuses.

“The moment I stepped into this art room.” Kurama answered.

“The moment I stepped into the stairway. Those illusions are way too easy.” Icy replied.

Kurama nodded, “All they had to do was to catch us unawares in order to defeat us.”

Yusuke thought back to what Kido told him.

I could easily kill you if I just gently snuff your nose and your mouth.

“It’s true.” he realized.

“But because they didn’t do it, that means they have other intentions. And the only person who understands all of us so utterly well and to construct such a complicated plan, I can’t think of anyone else but her.” Icy supplied.

“But I still don’t understand why.” Hiei begun.

“Why do you have to use such methods for us to understand their powers?” he questioned.

“Indeed all five of you are very powerful. In a one-on-one battle, there’s very few who can defeat you. But I want all of you to understand the fact that there are other methods that could easily kill you.” Genkai commented.

“Hiei, you’ll win in a hand-to-hand combat with Kaitou. But in his territory, you lost your soul due to your carelessness.”

Hiei was silent.

“You too Yusuke.” Genkai added.

“Fff. If I knew the abilities of the opponent, I would be caught.” he snorted.

“Yusuke, do you really think your opponent will spend his own sweet time explaining his abilities to you? Once in the enemies’ hands, you’re dead!” Icy reminded him flatly.

“She’s right, baka!” Genkai screamed at her student.

“But, who’s the enemy? It isn‘t them, right? Then who is it?” Yusuke asked.

“It’s like this, the three of us went to Genkai because of our abilities. Even though Urameshi became famous because of his battles, but when matters of ‘Spirit Energy’ were concerned, it’s we only knew once we met Genkai. And the reason why we had such abilities it’s because of the hole in the Makai.” Kido confessed.

“A hole on the Makai?” Botan repeated.

“A tunnel in the Makai.” Genkai corrected.

“The one who inherited Sakyo’s legacy in in the Ningenkai!” she announced.

“What?” Yusuke exclaimed.

“Grandma’s told me about it.” Kuwabara added, entering the room.

“Seems like someone’s trying to open a path connecting the Makai to the Ningenkai. And this path is huge; dangerous and dark.” he added forebodingly.

“Kuwabara, you might want to know that your expression doesn’t fit your outfit.” Icy sniggered.

“Shut up! I know!” Kuwabara shouted.

Rushing to Yana, he shouted, “Return my clothes!”

“Itai!” Yana exclaimed when Kuwabara stomped on him.

“But Sakyo’s already dead, then who…” Botan asked in confusion.

“No doubt Sakyo died in the explosion. But according to the time, it seems that among the instigators, there is one of Sakyo’s relatives or a survivor from the Dark Tournament.”
Genkai remarked.

“Even if it’s so, it’s hard to believe. I can’t even imagine how big the gate will be, but to move such a huge space…” Kurama pondered.

“If there’s anyone with such a capability, he’s already gone to the Makai!” Hiei noted.

“Seeing is believing. Let’s go and take a look.” Genkai suggested.

“To Mushiyori City? But it’s just like our backyard!” Yusuke exclaimed.

******************************************************* ***************************************************

Meanwhile, Ayame was hovering over Mushiyori City on her oar and was stunned to see the city enveloped in darkness.

Makai bugs were flying freely about.

“But how…” Ayame pondered.

******************************************************** **************************************************

“ThatR 17;s impossible! Koenma exclaimed when Ayame returned to report her findings.

“It’s hundreds of years ago when Japan reached the pinnacle of the Dark Ages. It’s impossible for such a hole to be created naturally.” he added.

“It’s obviously man-made.” Ayame supplied.

“But who?” Koenma pondered.

******************************************************** **************************************************

Just then, Botan’s suitcase beeped.

“That’s Koenma’s signal.” she exclaimed, opening the suitcase.

Koenma’s face appeared on-screen.

“Botan, is Yusuke there? It’s an emergency!” Koenma shouted.

“Everyone’s here. I suppose it’s about the tunnel.” Genkai remarked.

“Oh, Genkai’s there too.” Koenma noted.

“It’s obvious that someone’s causing the tunnel to expand at an abnormal speed. The area of change is too small, so it’s already too late when we discovered it. And now it’s already affecting humans.” Koenma explained.

“I have some humans here who experienced these effects.” Genkai supplied.

“In this month alone about thirty people came to me about these powers, and all of them come from Mushiyori City.” she added.

“It’s considered fortunate that only the citizens of Mushiyori City are affected. But the tunnels’ in its second stage.” Koenma hung his head on his hands.

“The second stage? What’s going on?” Yusuke demanded.

“For the portal to be completely open, it must go through four stages.” Icy sighed, shaking her head as if to nurse a headache.

“In the first stage, the gases in the Ningenkai will cause the lower classed demons in the Makai to grow in size. By the second stage, because the Makai is drawing closer, some humans will develop special abilities. At the third stage, demons with a D Class ranking and lower will appear in the Ningenkai. By the time the tunnel is over one kilometer, it’s time for the last stage.” she explained, her voice somewhat shaky.

“The last stage? What will happen?” Yusuke pressed.

“The C and B Class demons can move freely in the Ningenkai.” she revealed.

Koenma nodded, “You can classify Toguro as a B Class demon.” he supplied.

“B Class? You mean Toguro is a B Class demon?” Yusuke echoed.

Koenma nodded.

“And in the depths of the Makai, there are also A Class demons and a rank that is even higher than an A Class; a S Class. And the Reikai can’t control the S Class demons!” Koenma revealed.

All eyes turned to the only Class S demoness in the group.

“And how did you know all this?” Yusuke asked slowly.

“Maybe the darn fact that I’ve been having recurring prophetic dreams for the past one month might have something to do with it.” Icy replied flatly.

“The boundaries of the Makai are limitless and it’s deep and wide. The Reikai can only govern a small portion of them.” Koenma added.

“Then…” Botan prompted.

“We can only administer half of the lowest level with our power. You can take the Makai as
a huge, endless, deep and board building. From here, it’s too dangerous.. We could only estimate it from a distance.” Koenma warned.

“The dimension can allow Class B demons and lower to pass through, but not Class A and Class S demons.” he added.

“That.. Dangerous? A Class A demon and above is more powerful than all Class B demons combined…” Yusuke mumbled.

“What? What Class A? What Class S? I can’t see anything? Can someone explain this?” Kuwabara demanded.

“Whatever happens, we have to stop this; before the tunnel gets any bigger! Find the caster who is enlarging the tunnel!” Koenma ordered.

“In other words, they’re only against us for one reason; we are an obstacle.” Genkai declared.

******************************************************** **************************************************

Meanwhile somewhere else, a deformed Ani Toguro’s head was talking to Sensui.

“How is it going? Hn, that’s guy’s impressive” Ani Toguro asked.

“But there will be others who will interfere. Those meddling kids… I beg you, please avenge me… you can do it.” he pleaded.

“I do not take instructions from you, but with such an interesting thing, I won’t allow anyone to destroy it.” Sensui affirmed.

Ani Toguro chuckled.

******************************************************** **************************************************

“Sensui?& #8221; Itsuki asked.

“The tunnel seemed to be expanding.” Sensui remarked.

“There is an obstacle.” Itsuki admitted.

“Obstacle?” Sensui questioned.

“There is a kikai barrier between the Makai and the Ningenkai. Even if the tunnel expands, high-leveled demons won’t be able to get through.” Itsuki explained.

“A barrier? No problem. I know a couple of spell-casters who can break through the barrier.” Sensui replied.

“I can use them.”

“However this is no ordinary barrier. If we want to break through it, we must find someone different from me; one who is capable of opening dimensions.” Itsuki explained.

“With my ability, I can only open dimension gates, but not break through to the barrier. Therefore, we have to find someone who can break the barrier.” he added.

“I’ll find him.” Sensui promised.

“We might as well remove a few obstacles.”

************************************************ **********************************************************

“ You mean the hole between the Makai and the Ningenkai can allow demons like Toguro to get through?” Kuwabara exclaimed.

“You are saying that even if he’s a Class B demon, there’re others more powerful than he is? And even the Reikai can control them?” he exclaimed

“Kuwabara, I think we just established that.” Icy remarked flatly.

“The Reikai is at its wits end in dealing with Class A and Class S demons. But there is still someone out there who wants to break the kikai barrier.” Yusuke hissed.

“Genkai, we’re missing someone.” Icy reminded.

The old woman nodded and went to revive Kaitou.

Kaitou isn’t touching you. Kurama hissed, cradling his mate closer.

Down lover boy. Icy joked.

“Looks like everything’s going according to plan.” Kaitou remarked, once his soul was returned to his body.

“We’ve only understood the gist.” Kurama supplied. “That’s really a memorable self-introduction.”

“To be honest, I wasn’t acting. I really wanted to defeat you just once. But looks like I failed.” Kaitou shrugged.

“So what will happen when grandma over here isn’t here when you can’t return your own soul?” Yusuke mused.

“He won’t be here, obviously.” Genkai answered.

“About a week ago, he came to me just because of this. He said ‘Please help my friend! His soul has been removed from his body.’” she added.

Kurama huffed, “It’s just like you, to play with fire.”

“Ah, I always wanted to find out what will happen to me if I said the taboo word.” Kaitou confessed.

“Let us reintroduce ourselves. I’m Asato Kido, fifteen. My ability is ‘Shadow’.” Kido begun.
“I’m Yanagisawa Mitsunari, sixteen. My ability is ‘Copy’.” Yana added.

“And I’m Yuu Kaitou, seventeen. My ability is ‘Taboo’.” Kaitou finished the introduction.

“All three of them lived in Mushiyori City. They found out about their abilities about a month ago.” Genkai informed the group.

“The three of us experiences severe headaches and vomiting. That might be a symptom if our powers.” Kaitou added.

Coincidence? Me think not. Icy remarked.

I know what you mean. Kurama mentally agreed.

“That’s not long after the Dark Tournament.” he noted out-loud.

“Suppose now the tunnel is in its second stage, then that means that the tunnel was only opened after the Tournament ended.” Yusuke mused aloud.

“Koenma, how many days are there left until the tunnel is in its fourth stage?” he asked.
“If the second stage begun a month before, then the tunnel should be around 1.3 kilometers wide. Essentially, it’s expanding at an alarming rate, more than ten times faster in its natural state.” Koenma replied.

“For it to reach the fourth stage, it’ll take three weeks at most.” he added grimly.

“Three weeks…” Yusuke mumbled.

A horrifying thought came to him. In three weeks’ time, demons like Toguro will emerge from the tunnel.

“Is there no way we can stop it?” he questioned.

“Iie, unless we remove the caster.” Koenma shook his head.

“The tunnel has expanded to rapidly. There’s no way for us to seal it. If we knew where the core is, then there is a chance.” he added.

“Good, I’ll find him!” Yusuke promised.

“You three lead the way.” he ordered.

“Matte Yusuke.” Genkai begun.

She was about to whoop Yusuke on the head when Icy beat her to it.

Getting a huge paper fan out of nowhere, the azure-haired kitsune queen smacked her ex-partner’s head.

Sweatdrops all around.

“Baka.” she muttered.

“Why did you hit me for?” Yusuke demanded.

“You’re committing kamikaze by going there with no knowledge of the enemies’ abilities.” Icy remarked

“Why do you think Genkai put up the show for?” she added.

“But we can’t carry on like this! We only have three weeks left!” Yusuke protested.

“We have to find out three things about the enemy first before we act. One: how many are there? Two: who is their mastermind. Three: what abilities do they have.” Genkai interjected.

“Koenma, I want to ask you something.” Hiei begun.

“What Class do I belong to?”

“Hiei!” Kurama rebuked.

“Right now, you’re labeled as a Class B, but Toguro the Younger is an Class B+ demon.” Koenma replied.

“Hn.” Hiei scoffed.

Turning, he walked towards the door.

“Hiei.” Yusuke begun.

“What happens to the Ningenkai is of no concern to me.” the half-fire demon remarked.

With that, the door slammed shut.

“That jerk! I knew it all along!” Kuwabara scolded into thin air.

“He’ll come back.” Yusuke replied assuringly. “When all of us are in trouble.”

“Hiei knows that once the Makai draws near, it will affect not only the Ningenkai.” Kurama added in agreement.

“Maybe it’s better to let him go off right now, since we don’t know if the enemy is honorable.” Genkai noted.

“Anyway, it’s best that we don’t act alone. Go back home and rest. We’ll split into two groups two days later.” she ordered.

********************************************************* *************************************************

“Walk you home?” Kurama offered, once the group were out of the house.

Icy just nodded mutely as the redhead kept in stride with her.

“Don’t do what we won’t!” Yusuke called out jokingly to the pair.

Kurama rolled his eyes.

Once out of earshot of the gang, Kurama turned abruptly to face the silent girl.

“Something is wrong.” he noted, speaking out Icy’s thoughts.

The girl remained silent.

A crow was heard overhead.

******************************************************** **************************************************

SailorStar9: And end of Chapter 17. Read and review.