Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Red And Blue ❯ The Human Race ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Wow, and another chapter goes up. This is Chapter 24. Read and review.

Disclaimers: YYH, Magic Knight Rayearth and Sailor Moon aren’t mine.

Chapter Summary: As Yusuke continues his chase of Sensui, the unbelievable Sniper confronts Yusuke. As Genkai and the rest of the team follow, can Yusuke escape Sniper's endless barrage, reach Sensui and save Kuwabara... not to mention, the entire human race?

Chapter 24: The Human Race

************************************************************* *********************************************

Kuwabara had been kidnapped.

Gourmet, Game Master, and Sensui were insanely speeding down the road riding a pickup truck. Gourmet had used the extended fingers to bind Kuwabara with Yusuke following with a bike.

“Unbelievable.” Gourmet remarked when he saw Yusuke was catching up to them. “IS it alright for him to keep following us like this?”

“Don’t mind him. Our objective has been achieved.” Sensui added.

Sniper saw Yusuke and speeded up on his motorcycle. Sensui told Game Master not to
worry because someone would take care of Yusuke.

********************************************************** ************************************************

Genkai and Koenma raced up the smoke filled stairs of Yusuke’s apartment building.

They found Mitarai sitting by the wall with an scared expression.

Botan was found crushed under a bookshelf. Mitarai was confused about why Botan saved him when the bookshelf fell in the explosion.

“Why did you save me?” he cried. “I’m your enemy for God’s sake!”

“Why?” Genkai asked Botan.

The ‘Grim Reaper’ blinked and replied, “Honestly, I have no idea. Suddenly there was an explosion and I saw the book shelf toppling over him. I quickly acted….”

Then, she giggled, “I didn’t think about that much at that time.”

“That’s why.” Genkai nodded.

“You don’t need to think so much into it.” Kurama advised.

“I can understand how you felt after seeing the darker side of the human race. If I were you, I won’t want to be a human anymore.” he added.

“I have no wish to rattle on this anymore. We’ll have to leave before this gets blown up.” he remarked.

Turning to Mitarai, he added, “If you still wish to go against us, then be my guest. But the next time we meet, I won’t be this lenient.”

After everything was well, they decided to leave in search of Yusuke.

Koenma told them that there would be no need to look for Hiei because Hiei has sensed the Makai portal and would be there as well.

“We’ll have to go by the back door.” Kurama noted.

“I’ll take care of the police.” Yusuke’s mother commented.

“I’m sorry. Kuwabara was kidnapped.” Kurama apologized to Shizuru.

“Don’t worry, I saw the whole thing. He’s too careless.” Shizuru waved it off.

Once outside, Mitarai stopped the trio.

“Yes?” Kurama asked.

*********************************************************** ***********************************************

Icy, having planted a tracking device on her former partner on their first case, had gone off after Yusuke.

Yusuke was still chasing Sensui’s truck on his bicycle, peddling furiously.

Having caught up with Yusuke, Sniper threw a dice, causing Yusuke's bike to explode.

Icy barely managed to get her ex-partner out of the explosion.

“Why is that I’m the one saving your sorry butt every single time we meet?” Icy rebuked.

“You really should learn some self-restrain, ya know?” she added.

“Thanks for the lecture. Sheesh.” Yusuke mumbled.

The pair had landed on the road, curve of the highway, close to a forest.

Sniper finally appeared before the duo and used his ‘Death Wrinkle Cross Spot’ technique on Yusuke.

“What did you do to me?” Yusuke pressed once they were released from Sniper’s territory.

Sniper shrugged, “Just marking my territory. You can‘t escape me now.”

Yusuke shuddered, “Well that's gross…”

“Death Wrinkle Cross Spot. No matter how far you run, I can always hit you.” Sniper supplied.

A few target signs appeared on Yusuke's body moments later.

“This is…” Yusuke gasped.

On both my arms, heart and stomach. Yusuke realized.

Sniper told the pair that whatever he threw would hit Yusuke.

He demonstrated by chucking four rocks.

Yusuke used his fist to smash the rocks.

“You!” Yusuke hissed.

“Not bad. But you have to be careful about your surroundings from now on. It’s best you don’t sleep.” Sniper advised mockingly as he dove off.

“Hey don’t run!” Yusuke shouted, giving chase.

The two Spirit Detectives finally found Sniper’s abandoned bike in the forest.

********************************************************** ************************************************

SailorStar9: (Screams) I’m so sucking with fight scenes here!