Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Red And Blue ❯ Moving Target ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Wow, and another chapter goes up. This is Chapter 25. Read and review.

Disclaimers: YYH, Magic Knight Rayearth and Sailor Moon aren’t mine.

Chapter Summary: Yusuke continues to evade Sniper's dangerous attacks, but the horrible villain may still have a few tricks up his sleeve. Meanwhile, Hiei has finally returned to his former teammates to join in their crusade, but will that be enough to free Kuwabara before Gourmet can consume his power, and tear the Kikai Barrier to shreds?

Chapter 25: Moving Target

*********************************************************** ***********************************************

Sniper had marked Yusuke.

A few razor leaves flew out of nowhere which narrowly missed him.

A cut appeared on his cheeks.

Then Yusuke noticed something in the distance.

“Rocks!” he exclaimed.

Then, massive amounts of rock came flying at the pair.

“You say Puu’s the get-in-danger tour guide. I say you’re the danger magnet.” Icy remarked, summoning her psychic object.

An ice cold wind picked up around her as the ice dagger-like weapon extended its blade to form a rapier.

With a quick slash, a tidal wave of ice water washed over the rocks, crumbling them into dust.

“Just come out already! This kind of attack won’t work on me!” Yusuke shouted.

“Watch what you say Yusuke. You just might get what you’re wishing for.” Icy advised.

“Heads up! Second wave coming.” she warned.

Yusuke’s eyes widened when he saw what was in store for him.

A torrid of knives and other sharp tools were flying their way.

Darn, I’m dead when one of them hits. Yusuke hissed mentally.

With a quick ‘Scatter Punch’, he blasted all the tools into smithereens.

Two more. he added mentally.

“Freezing Pulse!” came Icy’s attack.

Forming an ice ball between her cupped hands, she swirled around gracefully and tossed the powered-up ball at the two runaway knives.

The above-mentioned objects froze on contact.

“So, he wants a prolonged battle huh?” Icy commented.

Yusuke nodded, “He keeps himself at a distance before attacking continuously. He’s waiting for us to get tired and reveal a weakness.”

Icy looked around, “From the direction of the weapons ,we can easily guess where he is. Al we have to do is lure him out.”

Hiei stood on a tree nearby watching.

Yusuke wanted to leave the forest and have a fist-to-fist fight with Sniper.

Sniper hid among trees knowing what Yusuke wanted.

Yusuke got back to the highway and a truck hauling oil came by.

Yusuke was excited knowing that he would get a ride.

The horror came when he realized there was no driver.

Yusuke could not fire on the truck because it would explode.

Yusuke ran back into the forest with Icy, with the truck behind them.

“Darn, he’s creative.” Icy mumbled.

On a cliff, Sniper was watching the scene unfold through his binoculars.

“We’ll have to get out of his territory.” Icy shouted.

Yusuke nodded in agreement, before he noticed something.

Far in the distant cliff, Yusuke spotted Sniper aiming a handgun at them

“Darn, he’s cruel.” Yusuke hissed.

But Sniper was not aiming for Yusuke or Icy.

Instead, he fired at the truck which exploded.

“Goodbye.” Sniper smirked.

A split second later, he was stabbed by Hiei who had Yusuke by his other hand.

Standing slightly behind Hiei, Icy rolled her eyes.

Sniper fired a bullet at Hiei which the half-fire demon deflected with his blade..

“Hiei, it’s you.” Yusuke muttered.

“It’s too early for you to die. There’re more interesting things going on now.” Hiei remarked.

Suddenly, Yusuke punched the ground hard.

Hiei looked on uninterestedly.

“I’m getting mad, you’re hard to please.” Hiei remarked.

“I didn’t think they’ll be so difficult to take care off. Darn! Now isn’t the time to say that. We have to act quickly.” Yusuke cursed.

“Act quickly?” Hiei echoed.

“What’s the rush?” he asked.

“I’m assuming he’s still mad about Kuwabara.” Icy supplied.

Hiei gave the girl a flat look before turning his attention on the hot-headed Yusuke.

Then, out of a sudden, Hiei attacked.

Before Yusuke could move, Hiei’s katana was poised at his throat.

“In this case, you’ve died a second time today.” Hiei sneered.

“Hn.” he scoffed.

“What did you say?” Yusuke challenged.

Hiei smirked darkly and powered up.

Following suit, Yusuke charged up.

Kicks and punches were exchanged between the two with nobody gaining the upper hand.

“All I’m missing is the popcorn.” Icy quipped as she fell back to watch the fight. She knew
Yusuke needed to let some steam off and Hiei was just the right person to do it.

Ten minutes later, the two finally separated when Hiei revealed a torn bandage.

He backed off and started licking his reopened wound.

He told Yusuke that he had passed his test which proved Yusuke had not gotten weaker during the times he was away.

Yusuke was confused at first, then it dawned on him.

“You’re testing me?” he exclaimed.

Hiei merely smirked, “It’s been a while since you’ve fought like this. Not a bad feeling, is it?”

“Your partners will always subdue your abilities. Only you can fully extend your capabilities to its fullest. It’s because of that hot-headedness of yours that you can never win against your enemies.” he added.

“Keep a cool mind in battle. I don’t think this sentence applies to you.” Hiei advised.

“Very philosophical, Hiei.” Icy mildly applauded, causing the half-fire demon to glare at her.

Then, Yusuke cracked up and started laughing.

“What’s so funny?” Hiei pressed.

“I can’t believe you out of all people are telling me to ‘keep a cool mind’.” Yusuke remarked, between laughs.

He must have a death wish. Hiei mentally added.

“Thanks Hiei. I needed that.” Yusuke noted.

“Hn.” Hiei scoffed.

“Hiei!” Yusuke called out.

“Fight with us.” he offered.

“We don’t have much time. There’s two days, no, the tunnel’s opening tomorrow.. We have
to rescue Kuwabara at the very least.” he added.

“Stop dreaming. I have no wish to be with you guys.” Hiei replied.

“You don’t want the ‘Black Chapter’?” Yusuke asked, pulling out his trump card.

Icy snickered, Hook, line and sinker.

“I heard Sensui stole it from the Makai. After we defeated him, it’ll go to you.” he added.

“But that’s the top secret of the Makai. It's isn't as simple as you think it is.” Hiei reminded him.

“Doesn’t matter to me. It’s only a small obstacle in the big mission.” Yusuke shrugged.

Hiei let out a smile, “You’ve finally back to your old self.”

“We have company gentlemen.” Icy told the two as she pushed herself from her leaning position against her selected tree.

Two huge demons came flying down.

“How’s this?” one demon asked.

“We smelt the scent of a human and a demon, so we came here to check.” the second one added.

“And we found an astonishing thing; a human and a demon talking to each other.”

“So Mushiyori City has entered the third stage.” Icy noted.

“I see we’ll be dealing with these morons from now on.” Hiei mumbled.

“Calling us morons? Are you asking to be killed!” the first demon shouted.

“Looks like you’ve found another reason to help us, Hiei. If we leave it like this, then we’ll have to deal with these idiots.” Icy remarked.

“Hn.” Hiei scoffed.

As the two demons rushed towards them, Yusuke got rid of his with a couple of quick punches while Hiei sliced through his.

“Let’s raid their nest!” Yusuke announced.

Together, they took a path through the forest and met up with Genkai and Kurama's group.

*********************************************************** ***********************************************

“Hey look over there!” Botan shouted. “Looks like Hiei’s here too!”

“Huh? You guys are fast.” Yusuke remarked. “Must have taken the train.”

“Looks like the whole gang’s here.” Genkai remarked.

******************************************************** **************************************************

SailorStar9: Argh! There isn’t as much action as there was in this saga compared to the Dark Tournament.