Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Red And Blue ❯ Let the Games Begin ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Wow, and another chapter goes up. This is Chapter 26. Read and review.

Disclaimers: YYH, Magic Knight Rayearth and Sailor Moon aren’t mine.

Chapter Summary: Yusuke, Kurama, Icy, Hiei, and Mitarai enter a cavern controlled by the tricky Gamemaster. Gamemaster's territory can be manipulated into a video game, a game where everyone must play by the rules in order to survive. Yusuke's team must win 4 rounds to move on, but is a victory possible against an adversary who can manipulate the rules?

Chapter 26: Let the Games Begin

************************************************************ **********************************************

“First off, we have to sort things out. Sniper’s already taken care of, so there’s only four of them left.” Genkai commented.

“Now that they have Kuwabara, they should be in the cave.” Kurama noted.

“Sensui said that there’s two more days left before the tunnel’s fully opened. The reason being that Itsuki's powers are slowly increasing.” he added.

“Itsuki said so himself, it’s faster than the estimated time.” Mitarai confessed.

“One look at the city’s condition and it’s obvious. Since they have Kuwabara they should be in the cave.” Icy nodded.

“Kuwabara had the ability the enemy is looking for; to cut through dimensions. So in the meantime, he isn’t in much danger.” she added.

“Don’t forget, they still have Gourmet on their side. Once Gourmet consumes him, Kuwabara is of no use to them.” Kurama pointed out.

“I only saw Gourmet use his ability once.” Mitarai admitted.

“Did he swallow someone called Toguro?” Kurama asked.

“Yes.” Mitarai nodded.

“How does he do it?” Yusuke asked.

“He swallows the person whole. His territory in inside his body.” Mitarai replied.

“There’s no use standing here.” Hiei interjected.

“Wait.” Genkai said.

“It’s best that we don’t go in together.” she added.

“Hiei, Kurama, Icy, Yusuke. The four of you will be enough. Having too many people will only cause a distraction. It’ll only allow the enemy affect our fighting by targeting the weaker ones.” Genkai remarked.

“The rest of us will remain to check the enemy’s situation. They might be planning an attack on the back.” she added.

“The cave is one huge maze. I’ll lead the way.” Mitarai offered.

“Need me to confirm it?” Yana offered.

Yusuke rose a hand.

“I believe him.” he said.

“Thank you.” Mitarai replied.

“Yusuke, don’t you feel that the situation is the same as before?” Genkai asked.

“Huh?” Yusuke blinked, before realization dawned on him.

“You mean the time when I was captured by them?” he asked.

Genkai nodded.

“Remember to remain calm. The enemy will use that as a weakness.” she advised.

“How long is it to Sensui?” Kurama asked, once the five were at the cave mouth.

“Around two hours, if we’re careful.” Mitarai replied. “Provided there aren’t accidents on the way.”

“Let’s go.” Yusuke announced.

“This way.” Mitarai said.

Kurama told everyone not to lose focus at the forest path.

Me, lose focus? You’d better direct that statement to those two in front. Icy retorted sharply.

I know. I know. Kurama replied.

********************************************************* *************************************************

Meanwhile, Keiko was yelling at an confused police officer about the previous explosions.

When the police officer left the apartment she was in, Puu flew down to comfort Keiko.

*********************************************************** ***********************************************

After arriving at the cave entrance, Hiei called it the ‘Journey To The Gates Of Hell’.

It’s obvious he hasn’t been to hell. Icy remarked.

Inside the cave was maze-like so Kurama planted special glowing plants in mark the way they came.

Yusuke quirked a brow, “Spreading your seeds, Kurama?”

Kurama replied, “These are Lamp Weeds, they're to show us the way out, like phosphorescent...bread crumbs... “

Except that bread crumbs get eaten by sparrows. Icy quipped.

No more Grimm’s Fairy Tales for you, Blue. Kurama rolled his eyes.

After walking for thirty minutes, they reached a gate-like door with a huge "G."

Mitarai got nervous because he thought there was not a door before.

Yusuke searched his memories and realized he had seen the door before.

The door belonged to a arcade game called ‘Game Battler’.

The object of this game is to defeat the ‘Game Master’.

To enter, they have to have seven people.

Yusuke, Hiei, Kurama, Icy and Mitarai were forced to go back to get the rest of the group.

After everyone has arrived, the door opened to revealed the ‘Game Master’ wearing a kiddy suit.

A huge screen was to the left and a slot machine to the right.

Yusuke called the ‘Game Master’ a toddler but he did not take much offense.

********************************************************* *************************************************

Meanwhile, Sensui sat in the center of the cave watching TV.

Itsuki sat on a boat on the lake in the center of the cave.

He had made the Makai door open faster than expected.

Kuwabara was yelling things about killing Sensui when Yusuke came.

Makihara just laughed.

********************************************************* *************************************************

Back at the game, Yusuke and Kurama explained to the rest of the group the slot machine was used to select games.

Each player could only play once and they needed four wins to defeat the ‘Game Master’.

Kurama asked who played the game before and found Yusuke, Mitarai, Yuu Kaitou,
Kurama, and surprisingly Genkai did.

“Don’t even look at me. The most I played is the old Sailor V game. That’s how I got my henshinn pen in the first place.” Icy retorted.

And never mind the darn fact that Luna mistook me for youma… she mentally hissed.

Still crabby about that? Kurama quirked a brow.

Kurama needed Genkai, Mitarai, and Yusuke to each win one match while Kaitou and Kurama think up of a plan.

The ’Game Master’ ordered to pull the slot machine and selected the first game.

It was tennis. Mitarai said he was good at it so they let him go first.

Outside, Botan watched the cave entrance and was mad because she was the only one left behind.

********************************************************** ************************************************

Koenma was in the spirit world and bowing in front of King Yama.

Koenma wanted permission from King Yama for something.

******************************************************* ***************************************************

During Mitarai's round, he was teleported to an tennis arena.

In front of him is his holographic form and a controller.

The game began with an intense feel.

The ‘Game Master’ tried to distract Mitarai by calling him weak.

Finally, Mitarai won and was teleported back.

To the ’Game Master’, he said that at least he was strong enough to admit that he was weak.

************************************************************ **********************************************

SailorStar9: (Sighs) This is one darn short chapter. Read and review people.