Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Clash of Royal proportions ❯ Destruction & Betrayal ( Chapter 13 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Clash Of Royal Proportions

Chapter 13

Destruction & Betrayal

Serena sat on her windowsill and watched the earth above her, one of her favorite things to do was just to sit and watch in wonder as the beautiful planet lingered above her. She closed her eyes and sighed with a smile as she though about how wonderful her life was going to be with the one she loved. As she opened her eyes she felt a pair of arms snake their way around her waist.

"Hello my love, did you sleep well?" the voice asked.

Serena smiled and giggled, "Yes my sweet prince, I hope you slept well also." In reply.

Darien bent down and gently kissed Serena's neck and grinned as she giggled. They watched as the sun shone on the lake, glistening like a thousand diamonds shattered, and spread across its surface. The sounds of the creatures of the moon were as soothing to Serena as the song of a bird was to Darien, and he sat and listened to the creatures in wonder.

They sat in each others arms for hours, until someone came rushing to Serena's door; they had no idea the tragedy that was awaiting them outside that room.

"Your majesties come quick! Something terrible has happened." Said the servant girl as she ran towards the throne room.

Serena looked at Darien worried and run after her, her heart racing; thinking to herself /what could be so wrong that everyone would be this frightened?/

As they ran into the throne room, they saw Selenity and Damion standing over a table speaking in a very serious manner.

"Selenity, we must get them out now! Before she attacks! If we don't we will loose them both!" Damion said staring at something on paper.

"Yes I know, but how are we going to tell them that they have to leave without telling them about the threat?" Selenity said pulling her hands to her chest.

"What threat?" Serena asked coming through the doorway.

Selenity and Damion spun around to see the very children they were trying to protect standing there, and that they had heard enough to want to know about everything.

"What's going on father?" Darien said taking a step forward.

Damion sighed and handed the piece of paper to Darien, which read:

I have suffered long enough!

And now I will take what is rightfully mine!

You Queen Selenity and you King Damion have taken two things from me that would have been and should have been mine!

The kingdoms of the moon and the earth, and the love of Endymion! You will all pay for the misery that you have caused me, especially your little princess Serenity, and if I can't have the love of Endymion then no one will!

Darien stared at the trembling paper in his hands, the one person who he thought of, was the most insane, evil person he knew; Beryl.

Darien turned to Serena and grabber her by the shoulders; "You have to get out of here now!"

"But I don't want to go, I want to stay here with you my love!" Serena said, silver tears forming in her cerulean eyes.

"You don't understand! If she finds you she'll kill you, now you must go!" He said and he called for his generals.

"Yes your highness, what do you wish?" Jedite asked bowing.

"Take the princess to earth, and guard her with your life!" Darien said.

"I'm sorry my son, but earth has already fallen to this great evil; Beryl has somehow forged an alliance with the negaverse, she was to powerful." Damion said lowering his head in sorrow.

Darien's head was swimming, the love of his life was in danger and his home had fallen in battle, "There must be somewhere she can go to be safe!" Darien screamed at no one in particular.

"Darien! I want to stay and fight!" Serena said sternly placing a hand on his shoulder.

"But Serena, you can't I don't want to loose you!" Darien pleaded with her.

"Listen to me my love," she said and touched his cheek, "I couldn't bare the thought of loosing you either, but this is my home. And I know that if you were asked to leave your earth when it was in great peril you would do the same as I have, you would stay and fight to the death!" she said in a soothing tone.

Darien knew she was right and clenched his teeth, "I know, but the thought of loosing you is almost to much to bare." He said as two streams of warm tears fell down his cheeks.

Serena smiled at the man before her, he had grown so much in the little time he was there, and so had she, " nothing will ever tare us apart my love. Our love is one that spreads across the ages, through time and space. We have known and loved each other in past lives, and we will continue to do so in the future. Death is not something that can break our bond; this is something that no one, no matter how hard they try, will ever know what this truly feels like unless they have found their soul mate. Darien will you stand beside me and fight to protect my home?" She said lifting his head to look him in the eye.

"Yes, I will protect what I love!" he said and engulfed Serena in an embrace, one that she would remember always, for it was an embrace filled with all the love they shared.

Selenity stepped forward only to be forced back by an energy blast, they all turned to see the she-devil herself, Beryl.

"Well, isn't it nice to see you all gathered here to welcome me." She grinned as she walked over and sat on Selenity's throne.

"Beryl! You don't deserve to sit in that throne!" Darien spat at Beryl.

She turned to see Serena and Darien in an embrace and her eyes glowed a dark, dangerous red, "so, you two are still together I see." She hissed.

"Yes we are, and nothing you can do will ever change that!" Darien said holding Serena closer.

Beryl sighed, "Very well, I'll just have to destroy everything and everyone." She said laughing, and waved a hand in the air.

Suddenly Darien felt someone pulling him away from Serena and turned to see Kunzite smirking at him.

"KUNZITE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Darien yelled trying frantically to keep hold of Serena.

Beryl laughed loudly and said, "he's doing what his master told him to do." Beryl said grinning like a cat.

"What? What do you mean?" Darien asked trying to break free, suddenly the reality of it all dawned on him and he turned to face his once good friend, "You've changed sides! You work for Beryl!" He accused.

"Very perceptive Darien, actually we all work for her, all four of us." He said with a slimy grin.

Darien looked at his old friend and thought to himself /how could I have been so blind, and now… we're all going to pay for it!

#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#

yup the same as in the show, but different. The generals betrayed Darien and helped Beryl, but the question is why?

Only 2 more chapters to go (does happy dance) wohoo!!!! Anyways if you liked this chapter and want to see what happens next chapter you have to REVIEW!!!! (AN: well… not really, I just like to read what people think of my stories ^_^)

Till next time

Toodles

Asuka_2004