Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Guarded Twin ❯ Mighty Entourage ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Blair: Oh so NOW you get your asses back and write more for our fans Trin: Oh shut up you're no help!! Laddddyyyyy!!!!!
Trin: Blair's picking on us!!!!
Lady: listen we live in the REAL world and you are fictional. We have lives and must pursue them so cut us some slack!
Blair: And?? I live here to...*gasp* how could you say that!!!! Trin *runs off crying*
Trin: wow I never seen him shut up so fast
Lady: well we can technically make him do whatever since we're in charge right endy?
Endy: *walks out wearing bunny suit*
Endy: absolutely right
Lady: he he
Trin: ahhhh its a bunny suit!!
Mysterious Voice (which sounds like Blair: What are you talking about I run the show!!! *evil laughter*
*Endy appears in a neon pink playboy bunny suit*
Lady: *smiles widely* how I've missed these conversations!!!
Trin- No kidding especially when we pick on the boys.... *laughs at endy*
 
*********************
 
Chapter 8 - Mighty Entourage
 
---Moon Forests---
 
Mars looked down on the sleeping princess and Commander…correction prince. Why he had to lie she didn't know; he was only prolonging the pain for the both of them. The young prince was in too deep with Serenity and he could barely see it himself until a few hours ago.
 
Not only that, the male royal bothered her. Her deep spiritual connection with the Great Fire had ensured that the link was eternally strong. But even as she consulted on the Fire for information on the prince a shattering pain would enter her skull and she'd see blinding white before being forced to pull back her connection.
 
What was being blocked from her? It annoyed her to all hell.
 
Jupiter came to stand next to Mars and mimicked her stance, scratching her head.
 
“Are they meant to be that close?” she whispered. Mars shrugged.
 
“They're happy. Are you going to take that away from them, their one piece of reality in this chaotic existence?”
 
“No Mars, oh gods no. I'm sorry it came out that way.”
 
“I'm sorry I came out so harsh and threatening,” Mars sighed and ran a hand through her hair. “I want them to be happy.” Jupiter smiled then and placed a comforting hand on Mars shoulder who looked over and smiled slightly.
 
A snap of a twig.
 
All the Inner Senshi's heads twisted to face the sound, not recognising the presence as that of fellow Senshi or even animal. Venus stood in front of the sleeping couple and silently the other three stood next to her, blocking them from view. They could feel Uranus and Neptune lurking in the shadows if they were needed. All eyes were darting, piercing the darkness ahead of them, and trying in vain to see or at least call telepathically for help.
 
Another snap and a murmur this time. Attacks were at the ready. Then silence…
 
Until a blonde haired man in a grey uniform fell out of the thicket closest to Mars.
 
“Mars, Fire…”
 
“Jupiter, Thunder…”
 
“Mercury, Bubbles…”
 
“Venus, Crescent Beam…”
 
The man looked up slowly, his grey blue eyes clearly uneasy and unsure. He wisely stayed still in his position: head slightly raised, chest and palms flat on the thorny ground. His mouth formed an `o' and he spoke slowly.
 
“I, er, come in peace,” Jaedite stuttered. No response from the four deadly vixens ahead of him. “Erm, do you understand me?” the general spoke even slower. “Do you under-stand me? Peace? Friends?” Venus stifled a laugh and instead opted to roll her eyes.
 
“We understand you fool. Get up!” Jaedite did as told quickly not moving to dust himself off either. “Who are you?” Just as Jaedite opened his mouth to speak, more rustling was heard and three other men stepped forward, weapons drawn.
 
It was a stalemate. The beautiful Senshi of the Princess of the Moon versus the skill and power of the terribly handsome Generals of Earth. The man with platinum silver hair stepped forward after a long while of nobody moving and slowly sheathed his sword visibly. The ice blue gaze swept over all of them before resting on Venus.
 
“My ladies. We sincerely apologise for our intrusion and therefore startling you into preparing for attack. Please may we talk on civilised terms? I have sheathed my weapon, as should you all.” The Senshi didn't budge. Venus spoke up.
 
“Anybody who creeps up in the middle of the night on people is not to be trusted. State your reason for visiting the Moon and be quick about it.” Malachite inclined his head respectfully still holding eye contact and gestured the other Generals with a visible hand.
 
“We are the Generals of the Points of Earth. I am Malachite of the North. My blonde haired companion is Jaedite of the east, Zoicite-“ a beautiful man with golden hair stepped forward. “-of the West and lastly Nephrite of the South.” The last man with deep auburn hair stepped forward and bowed. “I once again apologise for our interruption.” Malachite finished. But by then the Senshi weren't listening to his name rather to where they were from…
 
`They must be here for Lord Endymion, there seems to be no other reason,' Mercury whispered quietly in everyone's minds, her facial features not betraying her communication.
 
`My thoughts exactly Mercury,' Venus replied. `The Moon is in ruins, they should have no business here. But surely they know the Lord Commander is contracted to us at the moment?' Mars inwardly sighed. The other girls didn't know how close to the truth they were getting. The Generals were here for their Prince…
 
The men waited silently and patiently, wary of provoking the Senshi, even Jaedite managed to look decent in his dirtied uniform.
 
“You have yet to state your business here,” Venus said simply, her finger still trained on the men. They immediately looked between each other, Malachite's eyes the only pair that never left Venus'.
 
“My Lady, our…Lord Commander is on the Moon. Following the recent devastation of the Moon, as regretful as we are, we need to know that our own are faring well. We just wish to speak with him.”
 
“I'm afraid he's asleep.”
 
“As I can see,” Malachite replied, leaning to his left slightly to try and see in between the women. They didn't budge but from the light of the fire and his own brilliant eyesight he could clearly see gleaming armour and white fabric. His eyes focused on Venus again. “But it is of utmost importance to us and our King that we speak with him.
 
`I'm sure it is,' Mars immediately thought privately. There was no hiding the prince's identity now. The generals were the trusted bodyguards to the Crown Prince of Earth; they didn't run off looking for simpletons such as a Royal Commander. The penny hadn't dropped with the other girls and Mars was glad for it. The Martian lowered her arms and stepped aside giving a partial view of Endymion and Serenity.
 
“Mars!” Venus called sharply.
 
“I know what I'm doing Venus. Step aside and let them do what they have to do. Jupiter move the Princess please.” Hesitantly the Jovian replied, relinquishing her attack and gently picking up Serenity. Venus glared at the other two Senshi who started to wander off a little ways a way, Mercury reluctantly following. She turned her gaze to Malachite and asked for a word. Following her near to the edge of the clearing Venus turned, eyes blazing.
 
“The Commander is to stay here. He is a key part in keeping the sanity of this group together. You can check up on him but he belongs to us.” Malachite merely raised a silver brow and leaned closer to the Venetian beauty.
 
“The Commander is of Terran blood. He is rightfully ours,” the general whispered darkly. Yet Venus stood her ground, not deterred by his looming, masculine presence.
 
“The Commander is on Lunarian soil and under Lunarian binding. He is rightfully ours for the time being.”
 
“Are you challenging me?”
 
“Are you challenging me?” Venus mimicked, an orange glow surrounding her clenched fists. Malachite cast an eye down towards her hands and brought his steely eyes to meet Venus' in a cold war. Neither side surrendered but offered a truce and Malachite walked over to the `Commander'.
 
They had the decency to keep his helmet on, Malachite thought, so at least his identity should be hidden. Crouching down next to his prince and eyeing the Senshi with their princess in the green soldier's arms, he touched Endymion's shoulder and spoke telepathically.
 
`My Lord, Prince Endymion! You must wake, it is urgent that we speak with you.' Still the dark haired prince didn't stir. A sharp kick in the arm served its purpose and Endymion awoke abruptly, staring above at the silver haired man above him.
 
“Malachite?” Endymion whispered doubtfully. The said man promptly inclined his head.
 
“My Lord Commander. If the generals and I may have a word?” Endymion looked around in confusion and noticed the Senshi to one side holding Serenity and his generals to the other. As quick as a shot he grabbed Malachite by the arm and had his generals following him into the thickest of bushes. As soon as he was sure their sounds would be muffled, Endymion lifted off his helmet and grinned toothily.
 
“Gentlemen, how good it is to see you!”
 
They grinned back. “Likewise my Prince, your presence is sorely missed.” Jaedite said, throwing an arm about Endymion's shoulders.
 
“Not having too much fun I hope?” the prince replied as Nephrite and Zoicite joined in the fray of laughter.
 
“None at all my prince. You must return with us at once,” Malachite stated, sobering up the joyous reunion. “Your father is going out of his mind. He holds vigorous search parties and scours the whole earth. The only place he hasn't thought of is the planets and the Moon. It will only be a matter of time.”
 
“But-“
 
“And the moon is a state! Whoever was here is putting your life in danger. They might even come to the Earth so we need you to come and tell your father.”
 
“Wait-“
 
“Endymion we can't leave you this time. This is our first and last chance to bring you back.” Endymion looked at them all solemnly, recognising the friendly light within their eyes, within their stances, remembering all the friendly fights. And who could forget the dares? That always led them into trouble, making the Terrans think was their planet really in safe hands?
 
He'd be free of the circulating yet unknown danger on the Moon, he'd be as far away as possible from Entrinity although he saw her true nature. He'd be within familiarity again on Earth and with those he loved, with things he loved.
 
He'd be apart from Serenity.
 
He bowed his head and said quietly “I can't go back. My duty lies here.”
 
“What?” came the collective voices of his generals.
 
“My duty lies here. I'm in something much deeper than I ever thought possible. There are forces at work here that concern this whole galaxy and it all stems around the princess. There are things being hidden from us and things I'm hiding from those women. I can't leave…not yet. Its not time.”
 
“The princess,” Malachite uttered absently, laying a hand on his sword hilt. “You love her. The whole reason for you staying is her.” Endymion looked up sheepishly at his three astounded generals. In that moment he knew he could lie no more.
 
“It's true, yes. She is so important to me and I only want to destroy those who seek to hurt her. But I also owe those women explanations, my memories and my loyalty. Their time of need is upon them and I will not abandon them.” He smiled ruefully before putting his helmet back on. “Go home my faithful men; you have served me well enough.”
 
`Its for the best,' Endymion thought, stumbling through the bush back to Serenity.
 
*********
 
The princess was already up by the time Endymion had come back. She claimed sleep couldn't come to her and was plagued by a horrific dream.
 
A voice repeated over and over `remember, remember,' but for the life of her she couldn't figure out what to remember. Soon after the words were uttered she found that in her memories where her last meeting with Entrinity was, there was a large blank space, like someone had cut it out. Endymion's name was repeated a few times along with the name Beryl and Entrinity's face kept floating into view…or was it her mother's?
 
She awoke to find all her Senshi returned to her and smiled before missing the presence of a certain Commander. Before she could go into hysterics again Endymion had returned and placated her quickly. Endymion looked up at Mars and nodded discreetly. She understood. He would stay.
 
*********
 
By early dawn the large group of females and one male were ready to make their way to the Lunarian Temple and Catacombs where enough reinforcements and Divine Intervention could be got. The plan was made hurriedly during the night, for a loss of places to go. But it seemed the most logical idea and the best way to keep the impending evil at bay. Just as they were on their way, Endymion and Serenity upon the only horse, the four Generals of Earth emerged from the bushes, looking as immaculately kept as if they slept in silk beds.
 
“My Lord Commander,” Malachite started, his voice free of fatigue and hoarseness. “If you and her Highness permit it, we would accompany you on this journey.” Under the safety of his helmet Endymion raised a brow.
 
“And what about our King and his Highness the Prince?”
 
“We shall send back daily reports. The King will know that we are here looking for our Prince Endymion. We have no need to worry.”
 
`Thank you for understanding, my friends.' Endymion said mentally and they all smiled up at him.
 
So the large procession started off with the generals heading the line, Serenity and Endymion in the middle and the Senshi circling all around them. Yet something was uneasy, Mars could feel it.
 
Someone was watching them, more to the point watching Serenity, biding their time, waiting to attack. She looked up to Endymion and they caught eyes.
 
The sooner he told Serenity about himself, the better.
 
Only chaos would ensue when he did…
 
**********