Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A lifetime of War ❯ To fight Back ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Lifetime of War
written by Amor Purfundo
Story Summary:
Based on the quotes from the movie "Troy", this is a sweet and short look at the end of the Silver Millenium through Princess Mina of Venus' eyes, as well as her lover turned enemy General Kunzite.
Chapter Number: 1- To fight back
Chapter Summary: General Kunzite goes to Venus with important news only to find a blonde haired girl fighting off bandits by herself.
Chapter Quote: "I watched you fight them. You have courage."- Achillies, Troy 2004.
Notes: This is my first time writing a Minako/Kunzite and General/Senshi fiction. So please be nice with your reviews. When you see this (*) it means I am quoting from the Troy script. And if I have changed any words in the sentence it is because I had to make it fit the story.
**************************************************************** *********************
General Kunzite, leader of the four guard of Prince Endymion's Earth Court arrived on Venus by teleporter at midday exactly. The Prince of Earth, now the soul ruler of the planet because of his parent's murder the previous month, had told him to arrive on Venus at midday exactly so as to great the Venus Court while they were not in session.
Kunzite had been told about the Venus King and Queen, King Ares and Queen Aphrodite and their daughter Princess Minako "Mina" Venus, leader of the Sailor Senshi sworn to protect the princess of the moon, who was the love of his own Prince Endymion. King Ares was said to be as powerful and comanding as his Greek God name gave him, holding one of the most powerful armies in the Solar System, all under the rule of a Knight called Artemis. Queen Aphrodite, sister to the Queen of the Moon, Queen Serenity, was said to be the most beautiful woman in the solar system, as the name of the Greek God granted her. Their daughter, Princess Minako-Mina by her closest friends- and Princess Venus by total strangers, was said to carry the beauty of her mother through her veins. She looked like the twin of her cousin, Princess Serenity of the Moon Knighdom, who was also her age. Being the Senshi of Love and the leader of the other senshi, Venus was quite like himself, no time for fun or love.
Kunzite, -dressed in his best court clothes, his white cape flapping in the storng Venus winds and his white and blue Earth General suit made it obvious where he came from,- made his way from the transporter to the palace, which was about half an hours walk from the transporter. He placed his stone in his pocket, the transporter stone of Earth that would get him home if need be and the Venus court would not listen to him. He doubted that they would kick him out, his news was far to important. Along the way to the palace, he had to travel through a small village that was alive with people selling things in thier markets.
It was a beautiful village, with people selling many items, clothing, food and jewerlly, as well as paintings, rugs and furniture. As he glanded through the items, pondering whether or not to get items for his fellow generals and prince back home, he spotted a woman- well, he knew it was a woman because of her curves- wearing a long yellow, almost golden, cloak with the hood over her head, hiding the colour of her hair and eyes from Kunzite. All he could see of her were her perfect pink lips.
She was from shop to shop, picking up items now and then, making sure to keep her hood down low. She didn't buy anything though, only glancing and commenting to the owners of the stands. After anoither ten minutes, Kunzite watched her make her way out of the village and head towards the small forest that was between the small village and the Venus palace.
Egar to find out who the woman was, Kunzite followed her closesly, making sure she did not see him. She walked swiftly thrugh the forest, looking over her shoulder now and then to see if anyone was following her. Kunzite managed to stay in the shadows.
However, after walking in the forest for nearly fifteen minutes, Kunzite was startled to see three bandits jump out of tall tress and grab the beauty.
"No!" she screamed. Kunzite didn't know what to do. His heart said move but his head was focasing on the dagger at the woman's throat. One of the bandits pulled her hood off her head, revealing her long blonde hair.
Blonde hair? No, it couldn't be. She wouldn't be out here alone. And if it was the Venus Princess, she would be able to fight them off. But Kunzite then remembered the dagger at her throat and the fact that Saildo Senshi couldn't transform if they couldn't get their hands up in the air or hold onto their transformation wand. This woman could do neither due to the fact that one bandit, who held the danner under her throat with one hand, also held both her hands behidn her back in his other large hand. While he did this, the two other bandits pulled at her cloak, pulling it off her body to reveal a white gold dress and small white gold slippers upon her dainty feet.
It was the Princess of Venus.
(*)"You Venus whore. " shouted a bandit, ripping her skirt so that a layer not fell to the ground.
(*)"We should kill her now, keep her from breeding any more royal bastards," shouted another bandit, ripping her shoes from her small feet. They would surley rape her before they killed her, Kunzite's mind told him.
(*)"No, she's soon to be Ortho's property," shouted the first bandit, ripping at her sleeve, "What's this? A virgin's robe? A priestess of Aphrodite? You give your virginity to an imortal when you can give it to me!"
"Now hold her down!" shoutd teh abndit holding the dagger. The bandits hold her in the dirt. The first bandit removes the dannger from her thorat and moves it towards the bodice of her ders.
Now's my chance, thought Kunzite, unsheething his sword.
He moved faster than anyone could see him, bring the sword upwards and slicing the hand of the bandit holding the dager and bringing it down once more to slice the man in half. The body fell to the gound and the Princess' small form fell backwards onto the dirt, her face touched with a few spots of blood.
"There are two us us and only one of him!" shouted another bandit, who only just finsihed his sentence before Kunzite's sword came across to slice him in half through his stomach. The thoird bandit looked at Kunzite then at Minako before running away, not getting very far before Kunzite's sword was flying through the air and into his back in seconds, the bandit soon lying dead on the dirt ground.
Kunzite retreived his sword, wiped the blood of the three bodies on a handkerchief pulled from his jacket pocket before moving back to the Princess.
"Princess Venus?" he asked. She nodded her head, still looking at her saviour. "My name is General Kunzite, I am the leader of the four guard of Prince Endymion of Earth. I have come to Venus to speak with your parents, and yourself. Are you alright? Can you walk?"
Minako nodded her head again before trying to stand, falling backwards as soon as she stood. Kunzite moved with his fast speed and caught the weary princess before she fell to the ground.
"Whoa, careful now princess," he said, "I can see you cannot walk. Very well. I shall carry you to your palace. Let me just retreive your cloak." After finidng the golden cloak and wrapping it around the scared girl, Kunzite lifted her easily into his arms.
Slowly, and in silence, he walked to the palace, carrying the beauty in his arms.
~*~
Once they arrived at the palace, four Venus guards surrounded Kunzite and Minako, pointing their swords at the white haired man. Minako sighed.
"Please put me down," she said, speaking for the first time since he had saved her. Kunzite slowly placed the blonde girl on the ground, her feet swaying slightly and using Kunzite's shoulder to balance herself. After a minute, she looked up at her guards. "This is General Kunzite of Earth. He requests an audeince with my parents. Please escort him to the throneroom and I shall be there momentarily."
The guards nodded but still narrowed tehir eyes ay Kunzite.
"Please gentlemen. General Kunzite is a guest. He carried me back to the castle because I was attacked by bandits, nearly killed mind you, saved by this man and carried back because I hurt my ankle. Nothing more," she promised.
"Princess Venus," said a guard, "you really shouldn't leave the palace without a guard. What will Sir Artemis say when he finds out. He is not only the leader of the army but he is your protector. I am sure he is as angry as we all are right now. And your parents-"
"Enough. I shall worry about Artemis and my parents. You just get the General to my parents."
The guards nodded again and lead the way for Kunzite to follow, Minako walking behind him.
"I shall be with you all soon," she said to them all, smiling at Kunzite before walking down the corridor, most probably to her room.
"This way, General," the guards said, leading Kunzite to a room where the double doors were closed and two guards stood outside it.
"Lord General Kunzite from the Earth Court, to see The King and Queen."
The other guards nodded the four that escorted Kunzite returned to their posts. The two guards outside the room opened the doors and walked in first.
"Presenting, Lord General Kunzite, of the Earth Court of Prince Endymion."
King Ares and Queen Aphrodite looked at thier guest with curious eyes. King Ares wore an outfit of red, his bother being the King of Mars. He wore a suit of red amour, holding his septer of Venus in one hand. On hsi head was the golden crown of Venus. Queen Aphrodite wore a golden greek style dress, her long white gold hair pulled back behind her head in a simple ponytail, though when she stood it reached the floor, and her golden crown.
"Come forward, Lord General Kunzite."
"Please your highness," said Kunzite, coming foward and bowing, "please call me Kunzite."
"Very well Kunzite," said Ares, "what have you come for? Has Endymion lost control?"
"No my lord. I have come to speak of an important matter. You have heard of the Sorceress Beryl?" Kunzite asked.
"Indeed."
"Well, she has been taken over my the powers of a demon called Metilla, Queen of a realm called the Negaverse. It is under Beryl's rule that that King and Queen of Earth were murdered. She seeks to control the Solar System and is bent on killing every ruler of each planet, including the princesses and court of each family. I fear that she will start with your court, because of Princess Venus' leadership with the Sailor Senshi, and your wife's connection to the Queen of the Moon, who is her main target."
"How do you know all this Lord Kunzite?" asked a voice. Kunzite turned and saw Minako walk into the room, wearing a white gold dress, much like the one that the Moon Princess always wore, except for tha fact that this one was strapless. Her golden hair was left out, reaching her backside and a simple silver tiara sat on her head. "You are not a spy for the enemy?"
"I assure you, Princess, that I am loyal to the crown of Earth and the other planets in the System."
Minako smiled and walked forward, bowing to her parents.
"Mother, father. Lord Kunzite saved me from being killed today."
"What!" yelled Ares, standing and moving towards his daughter. Aphrodite followed.
"Were you hurt daughter?" her mother asked.
"No mother. Lord Kunzite saved me before anything could happen."
"Then my Lord," said the Queen, "we welcome you to our kingdom. For saving our daughter,w e are in debt o you."
"Sir Wallace!" said Ares to a guard. "Find Sir Artemis and bring him to me. We must discuss Venus' involvment in the upcoming war."
Minako smiled and faced Kunzite.
"Would you like a tour of our kingdom, General?" she asked, smiling at him.
"If it is okay with your parents?" Kunzite asked.
"Oh go on. Sir Artemis and I shall discuss the details and discuss it with you at dinner tonight. You shall be joining us General?"
"Of course sir," replied Kunzite bowing, "if you wish em to."
"Of course! Now be off."
Minako smiled and Kunzite offered his arm to her, Minako slipping her arm through his.
~*~
"...and these are the gardens. Mother loves tulips."
"They're very beautiful," Kunzite replied, looking over the garden beds filled with tulips of every colour. "Endymion loves roses. They were his mother's favorite flower. He misses them."
"I would miss my parents too," Minako replied. She pulled her arm from his and wiped away a tear. "You really think they will be after my parents?"
Kunzite sighed and walked over to her, holding her shoulders lightly. "They are more interested in you, as both a princess and a Sailor Senshi. I guess they would attack you from where it hurts more. Your parents."
"You're very wise," she whispered, looking up at him, "How old are you, if I may ask?"
"I'm 19. 20 in a fortnight. And you, dear princess?"
"I turned 16 last month."
(*)"So young, so innocent. I saw you fight them. You have courage. If you had tried to move any earlier, I am sure i would be attending your funeral. Which is why it saddens me to think what may have happened...-"
"Shh. Now is not a time for sadness. Now is a time of preperation and getting to know you. Shall we head to dinner? You haven't tried chef's famous pasta. Its amazing."
"Lead the way," he replied, taking her hand in his and following her to the dining room.
Wow, thats the end of Chapter One. Awfully long and I am sorry if there are any spelling mistakes but I wrote this at uni and the computer I was using only had WordPad and not Microsoft Word. Please let me know if you all like this chapter and if I should stick with this form of writing, using quotes as a guide. I think, 5 reviews for this chapter and I will write the next one. I am uploading the first chapters of my other 2 Minako/Kunzite fiction today as well. The other stories are called " Your bow to no one" using quotes from "The Lord of the Rings" and story 2 (the other new story) is called "A story of sorts" using quotes from the movie "Ever After: A Cinderella Story."
Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or Troy. I only own the story which I think took an hour and a half to write the first chapter.