Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A lifetime of War ❯ The Gods Envy Us ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Lifetime of War
written Amor Purfundo
Story Summary:
Based on the quotes from the movie "Troy", this is a sweet and short look at the end of the Silver Millenium through Princess Mina of Venus' eyes, as well as her lover turned enemy General Kunzite.
Chapter Number: 2- The Gods Ency us
Chapter Summary: Mina's parents knight Kunzite and he becomes Mina's bodyguard/knight. Under his watchful eyes, Mina feels more attracted to him each day and is eventuayll loved by him.
Chapter Quote: "I'll tell you a secrect. Something they don't tell or teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal. Because any moment could be our last. You will never be lovlier than you are now. We will never be here again."- Achillies, Troy 2004.
Notes: This is my first time writing a Minako/Kunzite and General/Senshi fiction. So please be nice with your reviews. When you see this (*) it means I am quoting from the Troy script. And if I have changed any words in the sentence it is because I had to make it fit the story.
**************************************************************** *********************
LAST CHAPTER:
(*)"So young, so innocent. I saw you fight them. You have courage. If you had tried to move any earlier, I am sure i would be attending your funeral. Which is why it saddens me to think what may have happened...-"
"Shh. Now is not a time for sadness. Now is a time of preperation and getting to know you. Shall we head to dinner? You haven't tried chef's famous pasta. Its amazing."
"Lead the way," he replied, taking her hand in his and following her to the dining room.
CHAPTER 2: The Gods Envy Us
Minako and Kunzite arrived for dinner ten minutes later. The King and Queen were seated and once Minakp and Kunzite bowed, they took their places across from each other.
"I spoke with Sir Artemis. He agrees that we shall help you and the Earth. I shall not see my daughter hurt."
"Of course, your majesty."
Ares smiled and stood up.
"Kunzite. Please come with me," Ares asked. Kunzite was confused, looked at Minako quickly then stood up, following the King out of the dining hall and into her throne room.
"Sir?" he questioned, once the doors were shut.
"I am getting old, Kunzite. I will reach 700 next year. You know that Venus and the rest of the planets in the solar system have longer life spans. Though we can only live to be about 800, then our hearts start to crumble. Mina is young, only 16 years old. I cannot protect her anymore."
"Sir?"
"Artemis is also to busy, what with looking afetr the Venus Army, as well as the Moon Army and his life with Luna. Mina may be the leader of the Sailor Senshi, but she is also in line to become the Queen of Venus and if anything was to happen to the Princess of the Moon, she would be Queen there also. Queen Serenity and my wife both have a brother, Lord Victor."
"Lord Victor? He is the King's advisor."
"Yes. He is a wonderful man. Great brother-in-law. I hear that Princess Serenity is in love with your Prince Endymion."
"Yes, sire," replied Kunzite, "the wedding is to be in June of next year. Queen Serenity wished it."
"Yes. Well, with this war going on, I don't think there will be any happy times. But we will help you with your battle as long as you can do something for me in return."
'What is it sire?"
"Tomorrow, you are to be knighted."
"Huh?" gasped Kunzite.
"Mina needs someone to watch over her at all times, even when she is on the Moon. You saved her today, you showed braveness. You shall be knighted."
'Yes sire. This is an honour."
"Very well. It shall be at mid-day tomorrow."
"Yes, my lord."

Kunzite paced in his room that night with one thing on his mind: Minako.
"She's so beautiful. Me? A knight to a Princess? And it was hard enough looking after a stubborn prince! How amd I meant to look after her!"
Kunzite sighed.
"This is to much. I was just meant to come here to ask for help. Now I'm playing bodyguard?" He sighed as he sat down on his bed. "But she's so beautiful...that amazing hair, those wonderful eyes. That smile..."
A knock on his door startled him.
"Ah, coming!" he called, getting up, straightening his jacket and striding across the room. Opening the door, he saw a beautiful sight.
"Princess..." Mianko stood before him, dressed in a short golden nightgown with a white robe around her body.
"Good evening General. I hope I wasn't disturbing anything," she said.
Kunzite blushed.
"No, not at all. Ah, come in." He opened the door wider for her and stepped back as Minako walked into the room.
"I'm sorry for coming so late. Its just that I have been wondering what Daddy said to you today."
"Well...its not really that important."
"Really?" asked Minako, smiling at him. She sat down on his bed and looked up at him. "Please tell me. If it has somethign to do with my life, I wish to know."
"Princess..."
"Its Minako..." she replied, standing, "You are important to me Kunzite, and I would hope that you feel the same way. We have become close friends. Don't you think?"
"Princess, Minako I...-"
"Please."
Kunzite stared at her. She was now standing infront of him, looking up at him with those amazing blue eyes. Her long hair reached her knees and he had the sudden urge to kiss her. No! She's a princess.
"I-I..." Kunzite looked away from her amazing eyes. "Your father asked me..."
Minako laughed sadly and turned away, walking out onto the balcony.
"Mianko?" Kunzite asked, watching her walk out onto the balcony and lean on the railing. He followed her and stood next her her.
"He wants you to be my bodyguard doesn't he?" Mianko asked, smiling up at him, even though she had tears in her eyes.
"Yes. He did. But I don't understand why you're crying."
Minako sniffed.
"When you are knighted, you must take an oath. One I am sure is much like the one you took when you became Endymion's guard. It links us together, letting us talk telepathically, letting us know when eachother is in danger. Though with being a bodyguard, you and I must take a vow of chasity to eachother, never being involved or touched intamatly. It we are, the Bond breaks and we can no longer speak telepathically or know when eachother is in danger."
"Minako..."
"I don't want us to not be able to be close. I want to be able to be help by you when I'm scared. I want to be able to tell me friends what an amazing person you are, and how warm you are to hug," Minako whispered, moving to him and hugging him. Kunzite smiled lightly and hugged her back.
"Minako...I will always care about you. We have only jsut met, but this feeling I have...its so strong."
"It is. And I don't want to loose it. I am beggining to think that I shouldn't be a priestess to Aphrodite."
"Why on Earth not?" he asked.
"Because...Gods are so powerful and can change things instantly."
Kunzite smiled down at the young princess.
(*)"I'll tell you a secrect. Something they don't tell or teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal. Because any moment could be our last. You will never be lovlier than you are now. We will never be here again."
Mianko looked up at him.
"You may be able to live a long life, but you still die. We all still die."
"You know. Being my Knight, your life lasts as long as mine. Its a part of the Bond."
"So, I'll be young at 500 then?"
"If you're still my Bodyguard at 500."
Kunzite laughed.
"So, what do you say. I promise to look after you and care for you as long as you wish me too."
Mianko looked up into the General's eyes and smiled.
"Okay."

The next day, at ten in the morning, Kunzite awoke to a knocking on his door.
"Someone is always knocking." He sat up and pulled his shirt over his head (It had been a warm night so he had decided to sleep without a shirt) before walking to the door.
"Good Morning Kunzite!" giggled a happy voice.
"Good Morning Minako." Minako smiled at the sound coming out of his lips.
Though I wish it were Mina instead.. she thought, smiling.
"You have two hours."
"Two hours?"
"Until the knighting ceremony. Did you forget?"
"No...I just, lost track of time."
Mina giggled and walked back to the door, retreiving something from outside. She handed him a white gold uniform.
"This is the official unifrom of the Bodyguard of Venus. You have to wear it to the ceremony."
Kunzite looked down at the uniform. It was a shirt, jacket and pants set. All white gold colouring and a golden stripe down one side of the uniform.
"Its beautiful..." he whsipered. Lying the outfit out on hid bed, he turned to Minako.
"Are you nervous?" she asked him.
"Not really. I'll just picture the same thing I did in my mind when I was made Endymion's guard."
"And what was that?"
"A sunset...a warm sunset. At the beach. A mixture of reds, yellows and oranges. And beside me, a beautiful girl with blonde hair. I never saw her face. The person just appeared in my mind."
"Amazing...Oh! Mother told me this morning that she has invited your court. Prince Endymion and the three other generals are attending the knighting. As well as Princess Serenity, her mother and the other senshi. I am pretty sure that Queen Serenity is asking each general to be a Bodyguard for each princess. They will all have long lives also."
"Great. But they're not be knighted today right?"
"Nope. If they are to be knighted, they will eb on the planets they are to protect."
"I see."
Minako smiled.
"Kunzite, don't you find it weird? I mean, I am the leader of the Sailor Senshi and you are the leader of the Earth Generals. We have been brought together for you to protect me as I rule my planet."
"I never thought of it like that."
Minako giggled before turning.
"I'll leave you to get dressed. I have to myself. So, I'll see you down stairs at 12 then."
Kunzite smiled, stepped forward, dropped to one knee, took her hand and brought it to his lips for a kiss.
"Yes, my Minako."

Kunzite finally attached his white cape to his outfit and looked at his reflection. He was dressed entirely in white and his long, waist lenght white hair made his bright blue eyes stand out.
"Yo! Kunzite!" called a voice from the other side of the door. Kunzite laughed.
"Come in!" he called. Four young men, all around 20 years old, came in his door and smiled at him.
"Hello Kunz," said the blakc haired man, the King of Earth, Endymion.
"Nice digs," said the brunette man, walking around the room.
"Nephlite!" said Kunzite, annoyed with his third in command.
"Calm down Kunzite, he hasn't seen Princess Jupiter in three days and he's stoked about seeing her," laughed the short haired blonde man, Jadeite.
"I think that's the story with all of us," replied the last man, the long blonde haired Zoisite, "we all get to see the Princesses."
"So, how's it been living with Princess Venus?"
"Minako...her name," sighed Kunzite, "...is Minako."
"Oh, he's on first name basis. I havent even gotten that far with Princess Mars," said Jadeite.
"Guys. Stop. Endy," Kunzite said, adressing his best friend and Prince, "take them will you."
Endymion laughed.
"Come on guys. The Princesses should be here."
Afetr hearing the word "princess" the three other generals walked swiftly from the room, leaving Endymion and Kunzite.
"You okay?" Enydmion asked his closest friend. "I've never seen you like this."
"Have you ever seen her?" Kunzite asked.
"No. Serenity talks about her all the time. But she never seems to be there when I am."
"She's beautiful. Her mother's name is Aphrodite you know."
Endymion laughed.
"Yes I heard. I also heard that she is a priestess of the Godess Aphrodite."
"Yes. She took a vow to be pure until she was married. We have to take a vow today, myself and Minako. We have to take a vow of chasity. I can't touhc her in anyway that may cause the bond to break. But Endymion...she is so warm."
"I know the feeling. When I met Serenity, I feel in love instantly. She had this aura about her. Simply amazing."
"But I can't touch her after I take this bond..."
"There is an old legend, that says, "If love is strong enough between the two people, the Bond will remain working and will not cause any harm to the people involved in the Bond." All you have to find out, is if Minako loves you as much as you love her."
"Love? You think she loves me?"
Endymion nodded.
"There is no other reason that she would let you be her guard. Once you become her guard, you are always aroundher. To not be able to touch you, yet love you with your presence, that is true love, Kunzite. But you must tell her this during the Bond. If you do not, then all is lost of your love."
Kunzite smiled and hugged his friend.
"Thankyou...my friend."

Trumpets sounded as the lareg doors to the throne room were opened. Kunzite walked in slowly and saw everyone standing. On the right side of the red satin carpet, was Endymion and his generals, all standing proud in thier blue and white uniforms. Across on the left side, Kunzite spotted a groups of girls, all dressed is long slik dresses. The girl wearing the white dress, with the cresent moon marking and the long blonde pigtails, Kunzite guessed was the Moon Princess. The three other girls were most probably her court, the senshi, the princesses of each planet: Mars, Mercury and Jupiter.
Kunzite continued to walk down the aisle, finally reaching King Ares, Queen Aphrodite and Princess Minako. Minako was seated to her mother's left, wearing a strapless white gold dress and golden tiara. She looked beautiful. Kunzite finally reached the throne and dropped down to one knee infront of the royals. Ares stood up and unsheethed his sword. Kunzite sighed and imaged the beautiful sunset and blonde haired girl.
"...to knight this man to become..."
Lights of the sunset were mixed to make a magnificent colour. Kunzite sighed. Where was the girl?
"...to protect and serve..."
Suddently, the lights of the sunset mized to make a figure, starting with her legs, moving upwards to her waist, forming her upper body and finally her head. The yellow lights created her long flowing dress, moving against the wind. The yellow light then formed beautiful blonde hair, which went to the girls' knees.The oranges mixed with the dress, making it a beautiful colour. The figure walked close to Kunzite, her hand outstreched and touching his face.
"...until the end of his days..."
Kunzite closed his eyes, loving the feel of her hand against his skin.
"Kunzite..." the figure whispered.
Opening his eyes slowly, Kunzite gasped. The figure now had a face...a beautiful face.
"Minako..."
"Arise...Lord General Knight Kunzite," called Ares, snapping Kunzite out of his dream. He stood and smiled, the throne room erupting with applause.
"And now, the Bond. Minako dear, please step forward." Minako stood up from her chair and stood infront of Kunzite. Queen Aphrodite stood up also and raised her arms. The entire room went black, only Kunzite and Minako looking at eachother.
Minako felt out her hand and Kunzite put his in hers, watching Minako close her eyes. As she did, a rose petal fell from somewhere, flying across infront of her face and away. Kunzite watched another petal fall into his palm and slowly change into a silver ring. The ring then showed the royal symbol of Venus on the white stone. Kunzite gasped.
Suddenly, all around them, rose petals fell in spirals. Minako's eyes were still shurt. Kunzite thought hard.
This is it, he thought, knowing it was tiem to tell Minako about the legend. Rising a hand to her face, he cupped her cheek.
"Minako...Mina," he whispered, making her eyes open. "Minako... I need to know, right now, before the Bond is over...do you love me?"
"K-Kunzite? I don't understand..."
"You don't need to. Minako, my love, I have fallen in love with you. I know that you think that once this Bond is placed that we cannot love, but we can. You must say you love me, and mean it with all your heart. The Bond will still be in place and we can love one another as much as we wish."
"How do you know?"
"I know. I love you, Mina."
"I love you too, Kunzite."
Kunzite smiled and lowered his head to hers, his lisp lightly touching her own. His fist closed around the ring, his other hand holding the back of her neck. His lips tasted the beautiful pink ones of the Venus princess.
The roses around them smelt like heaven. Minako wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer. Fianlly, the two of them pulled away. The black slowly turned back to colours, and Kunzite watched as the many people around them stared at them wondering what was going on. Endymion was smiling at his friend and Serenity was giggiling like a school girl.
"The---" Ares cleared his throat. "The Bond is...complete. Minako and Kunzite have overcome the curse. Their love was stong enough. Congratulations."
Cheers soon echoed though the castle. Minako smiled up at Kunzite, who returned the smile. Minako took the ring from his hand and gently slipped it on the ring finger of his right hand.
"Now and forever," she whispered, smiling as he kissed her again.
End of chapter two! Yay! Don't you just love it? I did. I actually got the idea about roses and rings from watching the "Utena" movie. I just loved that part in the movie. Anyways, let me know what you guys think of this. It took a while to write and come up with ideas.
Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or Troy. I only own the story which I think took an hour and a half to write the first chapter.