Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Party You'll Never Forget ❯ The Party ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
~*~ You know the drill and I hate to repeat myself. The show must go on! ~*~

Chapter 4- The Party

Serena and Lizzy danced for an hour till Serena's cell phone went off again.
"Hello?" Serena answered breathlessly.
"Hey Serena it's me, Ray."
"Hey are you coming or what?"
"I can't. Grandpa is making me stay home and help cleanse the temple."
"Oh, sorry you can't come." Just then she heard another beep. "Hold on Ray someone is on the other line."
"That's ok. I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow maybe."
"Ok, bye Ray." She pressed the button. "Hello?"
"It's (sneeze) Lita."
"Are you ok?"
"I'm sick so I can't come to the party (sneeze)."
"Oh Lita! I'm sorry about that. Do you want me to come over?"
"No. (sneeze) You stay an - and (sneeze) and have fun."
"Hope you feel better."
"Th - tha -thanks (sneeze)" Serena heard the dial tone.
"I guess it's just you and me Lizzy." Serena turned around to find herself alone. 'Where did she go?' She thought to herself. Serena set out to find her. She looked all over down stairs and on the dance floor but there was no Lizzy in sight. She decided to look up stairs.
Serena got scared when she couldn't find Lizzy. She locked herself in the bathroom and began to cry. Just then, someone opened the other door, which she forgot to lock.
"Good thing this door wasn't locked." A girl giggled. Serena peaked out of the curtain. What she saw she wish she hadn't. Darien and some mystery girl were pressed together, kissing. Serena almost gagged but she couldn't help but wish that it were her pressed against him and not that other girl. 'Serena are you going crazy! This is Darien we are talking about. You hate him! Feel sorry for the girl for goodness sakes!'
"Darien why won't you kiss me back?"
"Karen we need to talk." Darien sat her down on the toilet seat.
"What kind of talk?" She said in a low, seductive voice.
"Stop Karen! I'm not falling for it. Other guys might but not me."
"Come on Darien. How can you resist?" She got up and pressed herself to him.
"Karen get off of me." He said through gritted teeth.
"You can't make me." She said. Darien took hold of her arms and pressed her down on the toilet seat.
"It's over Karen. I don't love you or even like you. I never did. Just get out here and leave me alone please."
"Fine but your missing out. And just so you know, I was just using you." With that, Karen stomped out and slammed the door. 'He just broke up with her. That's good for her. She don't deserve him.'
"Why do I keep doing this to myself? I know who I want but I'm to coward to ask her. She's right there in front of me." Darien said out loud to him self. Serena tried to sit down but knocked over a bar of soap. Darien jumped up. "Who's there?" Darien opened to curtain. "Serena?"
"Wow you know my first name."
"What are you doing in here? Have you been ... crying?"
"I couldn't find Lizzy so I locked my self in here but I forgot the other lock. Why do you care if I was crying?" She snapped standing up but slipping.
"Gosh Meatball head, a guy tries to be nice to you and you snap at them. No wonder you don't have a boyfriend."
"What's one?"
"My father wouldn't let and if I brought home and guy, other than Andrew, my dad would kill them." Darien laughed. "Ok, I'll give you that one Meatball head."
"Have fun Darien." Karen's voice was heard and a click.
"What did she mean by that?" Serena asked finally standing up and out of the bath tub. She tried to open the door. "Oh no." It was locked. Darien tried the other one. "We're locked in!"