Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Alternate Destiny ❯ What Happened to Sailor Moon? ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Part 3-"What Happened to Sailor Moon?"
**********

"What happened to Sailor Moon? There have been less attacks lately and thus the Sailor Scouts have rarely been appearing, but when they do, witnesses say that Sailors Venus, Mercury, Mars, and Jupiter, along with their ally, Tuxedo Mask, have appeared and defeated the youma, but Sailor Moon has never appeared. All attempts to find her have failed."

Darien scowled at the reporter on the TV set. So even the media was beginning to notice Sailor Moon's absense.

Serena. He missed her so much. 'Its your own d*mn fault,' something in him snarled, 'it was you that drove her away!'

Weakly, his mind replied, 'I had to do it. I couldn't let her get hurt...'

'YEAH, RIGHT! So, you decided, well, she's going to be hurt either way, so why not do it the more complete way!? Instead of just having her get killed, you destroy her heart and soul, and make her loose all confidence in love. Man, are you *sure* you're Prince Endymion of Earth?? He would've rather have *died* than hurt his Serenity like that.'

Sighing, Darien looked out the balcony door. Rini had cried buckets over Serena's leaving. She had said over and over that it was her fault, that she had always been a mean, spoiled, rotten brat to her and that it had finally driven her away. Nothing he, Luna, Artemis, or anyone else could say anything to convince her otherwise.

'It wasn't Rini's fault,' he thought, 'It was mine. All mine.'

'You got that right.'

Groaning, Darien knew he had to do something or he'd go mad. Grabbing his green jacket, he yanked it on and left the apartment.

*****

Darien walked down the sidewalk, not really noticing anything. The only things that seemed to register in his mind were things that reminded him of Serena.

Suddenly he stopped and looked at the building he was passing. Osa*p. Molly's mother's jewelry store. It was right here that he had first met Serena, when she'd konked him on the head with a failed test paper. Unable to bear the memories, he continued on.

He stopped at the Arcade and went in. Andrew was working that day and Darien hadn't talked with him in a while. He quietly walked over to the counter where Andrew was wiping it off.

"Hey Andrew," Darien said glumly.

Looking up in surprise, "Darien, how's it going?"

"Fine I guess."

Andrew raised an eyebrow. Darien had been depressed for months, right after his all too brief time dating Serena. That short time had been the happiest Andrew had ever seen his best friend. Then, suddenly, out of the clear blue sky, he'd broken up with Serena, leaving her heartbroken, her friends ticked, and Darien totally miserable. Andrew had tried to ask about it but Darien had told him in no uncertain terms that that subject was forbidden.

Then, just a few weeks ago, Serena had left. She'd come over to the arcade a day before she was leaving to say goodbye to him, Molly and Melvin. Molly had burst into tears when she'd been told, and Serena had held her and whispered some words into her ear which had helped considerably. She'd even hugged Melvin, which a year ago, would have rather died than do.

Then Serena had turned to him. Andrew had been near tears himself. Ever since Serena was little, he'd always viewed her as a little sister, like Lizzy. She'd looked at him with eyes that made her seem so much older. Then she'd walked up to him and given him a huge hug. He'd hugged her right back.

For a moment, they stayed like that. Then Andrew heard her whisper, "Be strong. You have your own destiny to fulfill. Don't be afraid."

Serena then pulled back and gave them all a V-for-Victory sign before she walked out the door. Andrew watched her until he could no longer see her. What had she meant by that?

Andrew broke out of his reviere when Darien asked for a coffee. As he went to get one, Andrew still couldn't help but wonder what Serena had meant.

Walking back over to Darien, Andrew gave him the cup of coffee, saying, "You know, you drink too much of that stuff."

Darien just shrugged. Changing the subject, Andrew said, "Hey did you see what was on the news today? Seems that Sailor Moon's disappeared. She hasn't appeared with the others Scouts in weeks. What do you make of it?"

Darien shouldn't have been able to look anymore depressed, but he managed to do just that at the mention of Sailor Moon.

Inwardly, Andrew cursed himself. He'd forgotten that Darien had always been a big believer in Sailor Moon, and with her gone, he'd just lost one more thing to believe in.

After a few minutes, Andrew managed to find a safe topic to talk about with Darien. After an hour, he left to wander the city. As Darien passed by people, they would think that he seemed to be looking for someone. Someone he couldn't find. Someone he'd been condemned to never find.

*~*~*~*~*

Amy sighed as she closed her books. Ever since Serena had left about two weeks (or was it three? She wasn't sure.) ago, she'd tried to bury herself in her studies, just as she had done before the two of them had met. Well, now she was ahead by at least 28 chapters ahead in her classes, and she had done everything she could think of to keep herself busy.

Busy. That was what she had been trying to do for the past two weeks, trying to stay busy so she didn't think about what she had done to her first and best friend. Serena had done so much for her, given her the love a sister would have, had given her friends she'd so craved. And she'd thrown it all away, all five of them had.

Raye had secluded herself in the temple, only coming out if she was needed to fight. She had told them that she needed some time alone to meditate. They all knew that she was punishing herself with the lonelieness she had felt before she had met Serena. Lita and Mina were doing the same thing. They hadn't spoken to each other since the day Raye had begun her seclusion. Without their leader and princess, the Sailor Scouts would eventually fall apart for good. Unless something was done.

**********

Short i know, but tell me what you think!