Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Alternate Destiny ❯ Sightings ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Part 4: Sightings

*****

Serena followed Harmony, Susan, Amara, Michelle, and Vicki as they made their way through the mall. It was Sunday, the day before everyone returned to school. Vicki was a freshman along with Serena and Harmony, while Amara, Michelle were juniors at their high school, Selene High.

They came to an abrupt stop in front of a shop that held crystal figures. While Michelle, Vicki, Susan, and Harmony ogled over them, Amara glanced at Serena. She'd been quiet for most of the day, except when she had seen an entire store devoted to selling all things about the Sailor Scouts. She'd laughed at the images, but everyone heard it was tinged with saddness and bitterness. Harmony had looked at her strangely, but said nothing.

But Serena wasn't looking at the figures. She was staring accross the walkway at a barber shop. Moving to stand beside her, Amara asked, "Whacha thinkin Ren?"

Smiling slightly at the nickname, Serena replied, "Thinking that its time for some changes. I was thinking of getting my hair cut."

Raising an eyebrow, Amara countered, "But isn't that against tradition? Didn't all Princesses and Queens wear their hair like yours?"

"Traditions can be broken," Serena answered then turned to the others, "Guys, I'm going to get my hair cut."

They all turned and stared at her. Harmony thought it great, but the others stared at her in shock. Michelle glanced at Amara, who nodded slightly. No one did anything else as they all marched over to the barber shop.

*~*~*~*~*

A half an hour later, Serena came out with an entire new look. Her hair was still quite long, but not as long as it had been, and it was lighter. It was more like Mina's, except that there was no bow, of course.

Serena shook her head slightly. She loved the way it pooled around her when she moved her head like that. It made her seem... free, in a way. Free of the confines of the old traditions.

"Come on guys," she said cheerfully to her friends and cousin, "Lets go back over to that crystal shop. There are a few I want to look at, and maybe buy!" With that, she took off, Harmony right behind her.

The Outers watched their Princess, slightly concerned. Then they just shook their heads and followed them.

*~*~*~*~*

An hour later, the group of 6 were eating at the food court. They'd been shopping since 10 AM and it was now 1 PM and they still had energy to burn.

Eating her salad, Serena said, "Where are we going after this?"

"Bookstore," Susan answered before the others could.

"Yeah," agreed Vicki, nodding enthusiasticly, "I want to see if they have the next book of a series I'm reading."

Grinning, Serena added, "I might as well check to see if they have anything."

Smiling, the group continued eating in a comfortable silence. Serena took a look around the mall. People were milling around, each with their own destination. Then she saw 4 men she had believed dead long ago. She was unable to suppress a small gasp.

"Serena," Harmony asked, concerned, "Whats wrong?"

"Nothing," she tried to assure her, but anyone could tell that whatever she had seen had startled her greatly.

Before anyone else could say anything, Serena jumped up and said brightly, "Come on lets get over to the bookstore!"

The five other girls gave each other concerned looks, but they followed her.

*~*~*~*~*

An hour later, the group of 6 decided that they were done headed out to Amara's car. Putting their bags in the trunk, they began to pile into the car. Serena, who was sitting in the back on the driver's side, waited for Harmony and Vicki to get in. Then she felt the hair on the back of her neck stand up.

Someone was watching them.

Violently looking around her, Serena saw four men in the shadows by the entrance of the mall. Four very familiar men.

'OH MY GOD,' Serena screamed in her mind. At first, she didn't notice Michelle, Vicki, Amara, and Susan wince. None of them noticed Harmony grasp her head in sudden pain.

'Princess,' came a gentle voice in Serena's mind.

Eyes widening, she replied quietly, 'Susan, that you?'

'Yes, what is it?'

'Yeah, whats with the screaming? I'm gonna have a headache for the rest of the day,' came the slightly annoyed voice of Amara.

'Guys, carefully look over by the door to the mall,' she intstucted them, 'tell me what you see.'

Doing just that, the four of them looked over there. Their eyes widened.

'Princess,' Vicki nearly shrieked, 'Is that???'

'Yes,' Serena answered grimly, 'its the four generals of the Negaverse.'

'But they're dead,' Michelle gasped.

'Princess,' Susan interrupted, 'four more men have joined the generals.'

Serena looked back over there. Four more guys had indeed joined the four generals in watching them. She began to speak to them but was interrupted again. This time by an unexpected source.

'Um, guys. Can you hear me?'

'HARMONY,' Serena yelled her their minds. Everyone gasped and clutched their heads.

'Ack! Tone it down goofball,' Harmony shot back, 'How is this possible? And just who are the four generals of the Negaverse??? I demand answers!'

Sighing, Serena answered them aloud, "Come on guys, lets get out of here. We've got some explaining to do to Harmony."

"You bet you do Serena Angelica Tsukino," Harmonia growled.

"We'll head over to my place," Susan supplied, "My house is secluded so no one should bother us. And Mr. and Mrs. Nelson won't expect you two home until about four or five."

"Lets hope thats enough time to explain everything," Vicki murmured.

With that, they hopped back into the car and took off. They watched their backs the entire way.

*~*~*~*~*

"They saw us Kev," a man with long dark brown hair said quietly.

"I know," the man called Kev merely answered.

"Well," demanded the one with long blond hair, "What do we do now?"

The one called Kev glanced at the man standing next to him. A man with silver hair and gray eyes. He then said, "We wait."

*~*~*~*~*

End Part 4-Sightings