Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Because You Live (The Prelude To More Than Anything) ❯ Precious Innocence ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1
Precious Innocence

The sun shines threw 3 year old Kaleigh LeMorre's hospital room. Kaleigh wakes up to see that her mother has fallen asleep watching over her. A nurse comes in.
“How are you feeling today?” the nurse asked.
“I'm feeling okay.” Kaleigh answered.
Kaleigh looks around the room.
“What's wrong?” the nurse asked.
“There's nothing to do and I'm so bored.” Kaleigh answered.
“Well I agree with you there because lying in a hospital bed can get very boring.” the nurse said.
“Could I go for a walk?” Kaleigh asked.
“Yeah sure you can.” the nurse answered.
Kaleigh smiles, she walks out the room and down the hallway. After a few minutes she comes to the baby nursery, she walks in and starts looking at the little babies.
A nurse walks in and sees Kaleigh.
“What you doing here little girl?” the nurse asked.
“I was taking a walk and decided to come see the little babies.” Kaleigh answered.
“Do you have a name?” the nurse asked.
“My name is Kaleigh Marjorie LeMorre.” Kaleigh answered.
“That's a very pretty name and my name is Jenna Mason.” the nurse said.
Kaleigh stops in front a baby boy.
“Who's that?” Kaleigh asked.
“That is Kieran Miguel Serenity and he was just born today.” Jenna answered.
Kaleigh looks at Kieran just as young couple walk into the nursery. They walk over to Kieran and the young lady picks him up. Kaleigh looks at the lady holding Kieran.
“Is he your son?” Kaleigh asked.
“Yes he is.” the lady answered.
“My name is Kaleigh LeMorre and you have a very cute baby boy.” Kaleigh said.
“Thanks Kaleigh, my name is Daniella and this is my husband Alejandro.” Kieran's mother replied.
Kaleigh smiles and walks back to her room. A few days later Kaleigh gets out the hospital. Kaleigh is sitting on the steps of her house, she sees a moving van the street and she runs inside. Kaleigh's mother Marguerite is sitting on the couch.
“Where's the fire?” Marguerite asked.
“There is no fire mom but there is a moving van across the street.” Kaleigh answered.
“Well than let's go see who's moving in.” Marguerite said.
Marguerite and Kaleigh walk across the street. Kaleigh sees Kieran's mother. Daniella walks over to them and looks at Kaleigh.
“Is this your mother?” Daniella asked.
“Yes it is.” Kaleigh answered.
“How do you know my daughter?” Marguerite asked.
“Your daughter was in the nursery when my husband and I went to get our little boy.” Daniella answered.
“Mommy her little boy is so adorable.” Kaleigh said.
Daniella runs inside and returns a few minutes later holding Kieran in her arms.
“Oh my gosh you were right sweetie he's adorable.” Marguerite replied.
“Can I please hold him?” Kaleigh asked.
“Yes you can darling but be careful.” Daniella answered.
Daniella gently passes Kieran to Kaleigh. Kaleigh cradles Kieran in her arms. Kieran looks up at Kaleigh and lets out a small coo. Daniella and Marguerite exchange looks.
“Whoa…she's a natural at holding a baby which means she'll be a great mother someday.” Daniella said.
Kaleigh smiles and kisses Kieran's forehead.
“I'll protect him no matter what.” Kaleigh replied.
Daniella and Marguerite smile at the same time. Kieran coos again, he grabs Kaleigh's finger and holds it really tight. After a few minutes Kaleigh's finger starts to turn red.
“Wow…he's really strong for a newborn.” Marguerite said.
Kaleigh smiled.
“You're just the most adorable baby I've ever seen Kier.” Kaleigh replied
“What did you just call him?” Daniella asked.
“I called him Kier.” Kaleigh answered.
“That's a really good nickname for him.” Daniella said.
Kaleigh rocks Kieran back n' forth in her arms and he falls asleep. Marguerite and Daniella smiled.