Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Heart ❯ Confrontation ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't know how long I sat there, crying over the wound I had attained. I knew Mamoru's heart wasn't in his decision, but whether that thought hurt or helped me, I do not know. I was utterly confused, which is why I had cried so many tears.

I hated being confused; it made me feel dumb. I'm not as stupid as some people think I am. I actually had descent grades until I became Sailor Moon. The test I hit Mamoru with was the first test I had failed.

Thinking of Mamoru wasn't a good thing to do and then my mind abruptly came back to where it had begun. A scowl had made its way across my face. That scowl soon became a small smile of triumph when I noticed I had ceased crying.
quiet beeping noise filled the ally and I quickly pressed a small, barely noticeable, button on my watch. `Good thing Ami hasn't managed to fix the other communicators yet. The girls would never get off my case if they knew I was crying.'

"Usagi! Transform and head to the park. That's where my visor located the youma." I silently thanked every god I knew of that it was Ami not Rei.

"Right!" I carefully made my voice as carefree as possible, it would sound normal to the senshi of Mercury. I had practiced this art ever since my life got bumpy, it saved everyone from worrying. I pressed the small button again to make it pop back down and it now looked as if it melded to the watch itself.then quickly stood up for the transformation that I could do in my sleep. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. After the colors had died and I was in my customary pose, I headed to the park by the rooftops.

By the time I made it to the park, the wind had dried the tears on my face. If one looked close enough they would find two then trails of salt down my face. I took a moment to look at my surroundings. It wasn't cold in this part of Tokyo but rather warm with a chilly breeze. In the middle of a ring of trees, where it seemed the Dark Kingdom had claimed its battleground for all Park Youmas, stood an ugly napkin-like youma with a shape vaguely similar to a woman's. `Must be running out of creativity,' I noted to myself.

"Yo, butt-wipe, you picked the wrong day to mess with me!"
it wasn't the norm? It still got its attention from my fellow senshi.

"I, Nappy-Ahh!" The ghastly creature shrieked as my tiara connected with its forehead. I didn't feel polite enough to let it finish its sentence. I let a small smirk settle onto my lips as I turned to face my senshi and Tuxedo Kamen. He looked slightly astonished.

"Uh, weren't you supposed to get attacked by the youma, then I save you, you attack it, it turns to dust, then we leave? You skipped the first two steps," Tuxedo Kamen, a.k.a. Mamoru, said.

"I didn't feel like a drawn out battle. And I can fight by the way, I'm just usually worried for the rest of you," I replied with a chill to my voice commanding that no one dare contradict what I just stated. No one did. I nodded slightly then told everyone I was leaving and leaped away, using the same path I had come from.

I stopped in the same ally I had been crying in only 30 minutes before and detransformed. I walked into the arcade and plopped down on the stool in front of where Motoki was wiping the counter.

"Chocolate milkshake please, Motoki-kun." I noted he looked slightly worried but brushed it off. I doubted Mamoru had told him anything yet. It usually takes him a day or two to tell anybody anything. Motoki nodded and left to prepare my order.

I cupped my head in my hands and leaned onto my elbows. My feet swinging lightly as I thought more about how I had just acted. I had acted completely unlike myself in front of the senshi. The girls probably figured out where I went and are on their way over here. `Dammit! And I didn't want them all over my case too!'

The only thing I could do was wait for them to show up and smooth things out. I'd just have to convince them that the break up isn't a big thing. `Easier said then done.' I snorted at myself.

"Here you go, Usagi-chan." Motoki handed my precious chocolaty, sugar fix over. I tried sipping it from the straw, but gave up when I got dizzy from sucking and attacked it with a spoon. Motoki watched all this with amusement. After a minute more of him staring at me I finally asked what the matter was.

"Usa, I heard what Mamoru said," my back stiffened immediately. It looked like I had to convince him too.

"It's nothing."

"Nothing?! Usagi! I know how you felt about him. Don't even try to lie to me!"

`Gods! Does he even know me so well?! He just has to know what to say to make it impossible to lie.'
hate lying, it's just not my style. Motoki is like family to me, which made lying to him even harder.

"Fine, fine! It's not nothing, all right?!" I winced at the sound of my voice. I didn't mean to sound so mean.

"Back room, now!" The big brother voice, I had no choice in the matter. I meekly made my way to the break room that was marked with an `Employees Only' sign. Motoki was right behind me the entire time. He shut and locked the door after him. I gulped. My only way of escape was through that door.

"When did you become Sailor Moon?" He asked as soon as he was sure no one else was in the room.
is a simple way to put my expression. Extreme astonishment, horror, and bafflement played across my features. Before I could deny his accusation he spoke, "Don't deny it, I saw you turn into her."
Okay, so denying it wasn't going to work. I sighed and looked at the pearly white tiles after glancing at his stern expression. I swear, he's known Mamoru too long. However, the next thing he said I wasn't expecting.

"I should bill you for all the damages I've had to the arcade. Do you have any clue how much insurance is on it now?!"
tension I had been feeling broke and I smiled at him.

"So, your not mad I didn't tell you?"
He shook his head no.

"If word got out, it would be horrible. I've seen what those monsters have done to the arcade. Could you imagine what would happen if they knew where you lived?"

I shuddered at his last sentence even though his voice was gentle. It was all too true. If the Dark Kingdom did indeed find out where the senshi lived, our families would be massacred and our homes destroyed. Even through these dark thoughts I was glad one of my closest friends knew and accepted it.

"Now, what was this about Crystal Tokyo? And who is Chibi-Usa?!"
sighed again and sat down on the couch. `Thank god these couches are comfortable.' I thought as I leaned into the cushions.

"Sit down Motoki-kun, this is going to be a long break"