Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Caught In The Rain ❯ Flashes of Lightening ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sorry for the long wait for the story ^_^;; I've been working on other stuff for fictionpress. (If you wanna read the stuff there mi pen name is Mako_Charon) Thanks again for all your reviews! On with the story:

--------

It was raining. Not much, but enough to dampen Makoto's chestnut brown hair, matting it against her forehead. Around her people were running, newspapers over their heads to shield them from the makings of a thunderstorm. Dark clouds loomed over the town and thunder crackled somewhere in the distance.

Makoto took no notice to her surroundings, as she sat on a park bench located under a large sycamore tree, the foliage not enough to shield her from the rain. She was lost in thought. Thinking of Freddy and his sudden appearance. Why? Why had he come to ruin things? To shatter the perfect happiness she had found here?

It wasn't fair. She was happy. There in Minato-Ku she had found a purpose, she had found friends, most importantly she had found true happiness. But now she wasn't so sure she was happy. Would she have to leave again? The thought of leaving her friends hurt her even more. No, she needed them. She'd defeat this new enemy herself if she had to . . . The rain grew more intense, still Makoto sat engrossed in deep thought. She had never fully gotten over Freddie . . .

It took something she fully didn't expect to bring her out of her reveries. A sound that she had grown quite used to, that always seemed to appear at the worst times. Her communicator. "Hey what's up?" She said listlessly to the little screen. Though she feared what news it would bring, she was glad for the distraction. "Another attack. At the docks." Sailor Mercury said to her through the device. The blue senshi popped off the scene before Makoto could say anything. She turned into Sailor Jupiter, behind the tree, and then hurried towards the docks.

----------

At her arrival Makoto immediately noticed something missing. Sailor Mars, Venus and Mercury all stood in fighting mode, forming a triangle around the large purple monster that was trying to attack them. Blood ran down Venus's leg and Mars was breathing heavily. The bow on the back of Mercury's senshi uniform was ripped. Sailor Moon was nowhere to be found.

"Aqua. . .Rhapsody!" Mercury attacked the monster. The attack knocked the enemy down to what looked to be its knees.

"Venus Love and Beauty. . .Shock!"

"Jupiter Oak Evolution!" The monster screamed in agony and let loose an enormous attack. It barely missed Mars, and kept on going, straight towards. . .

"Sailor Moon!!" Venus screamed.

Sailor Moon, who had just now ran onto the seen, so the attack coming towards her. She braced herself for the pain. The startling shade of red the power was barreling towards her at an alarming rate gaining strength every second. She could feel the fiery warmth, it singed her skin painfully. Just before it hit a flash past in front of her, a flash of green and white. Then a lowed thudding sound and a painful anguished grunt.

It took Usagi a moment to realize that the crumpled green and white heap at her feet was one of her best friends. Sailor Jupiter had taken the hit for her.

"No!" Sailor Moon moaned in anguish as she bent to her friend's side. The other senshi quickly ran to her.

"Makoto!?" She cried painfully. Tears ran down her cheeks as she tried to awaken her friend. "Makoto!!"

A sudden, bright flash of life burst from where the monster had stood. The dark figure stood there, his hand-outstretched palm facing out. "Leave her alone!" An invisible wave of power blew the senshi back, except Sailor Jupiter.

"MAKOTO!" Sailor Moon cried from where she had landed. The others ran toward Jupiter, but another powerful flash of light stopped them in their tracks. They shielded their eyes from the painful beam, and when it faded the enemy and Sailor Jupiter were both gone.