Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Caught In The Rain ❯ Dark Clouds ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here it is the next installment of "Caught In The Rain" I love all your wonderful reviews so keep them coming! ^_~

Makoto took a couple steps back, falling back down onto the couch. Her green eyes were wide and her mouth hung open in shock.

"I'm sorry," Freddie said quickly, catching her startled actions. "Did a scare you? I didn't mean to."

"H-how did you get in her?" Makoto stammered. Her initial shock was wearing off, but her heart still pounded in her chest. "What are you doing here?"

"Sorry Makoto," He apologized again. He gave her a sheepish grin. "The door was open so I just…" He let his sentence trail off.

Makoto shook her head. "It's okay Freddie." She said simply, rising to her feet. "I've been rude. Would you like something to drink? Some tea maybe?" Makoto asked remembering her manners. She turned to walk towards the kitchen but Freddie caught her hand.

"No. I can't stay long. I just wanted to apologize for earlier today at the café. You know, kissing you and then running out like that." Freddie looked down as he spoke. "It's been so long Makoto. When I saw you today I just sort of lost my head."

"It has been a long time." Mako replied quietly, sitting down on the couch again. "I've missed you so much…"

Freddie sat down next to her. "I've missed you too. I can't stop thinking of you. You meant a lot to me."

Makoto felt anger bubbling inside of her. "If I meant so much to you then why did leave me? Why did you have to hurt me Freddie?" She demanded glaring at him, staring into his dark brown eyes.

"I didn't want to hurt you! I had to leave." He stood, walking over to the window and staring out. "I had to…"

"What do mean you HAD to?" Makoto stood up and stalked quickly over to her ex-boyfriend. She grabbed him by the shoulder, forcing him to look at her. "Answer me." She said in a chilling voice.

"Think of it Makoto. If we hadn't broken up, we'd still be together. You'd never have come to here to Minato-ku, you'd never have met your friends and…" He turned completely to her now. "You'd never have become Sailor Jupiter."

Makoto stepped back, startled. `How does he know about me being Jupiter?' She couldn't think, couldn't breath. She took another step back, bumping into the coffee table.

He leaned forward and whispered in her ear. "I have to go now. But I'll be back. I promise." He put something in her hand, then closed her fingers over it. He leaned in even closer. Makoto closed her eyes, fearing that he would hurt her in some way. She felt the brush of his lips against hers. Then a cool rush of air followed. She opened her eyes and he was gone.

Makoto opened up her hand. She needn't look down, she knew what she held. But she looked any way. And there in her palm were her pink rose earrings.