Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Caught In The Rain ❯ The Storm Begins ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok I haven't written much lately sorry to all of you who care lol. Ok a little bit of fighting in this chapter (I have trouble with fight scenes so bare with me) some of the attacks might be N.A some might be Japanese some might even be from the manga. Also even though this story is supposed to be set after Stars the attacks might not really match the time frame but oh well ^.^

----------------------------

Makoto ran behind her friend, her long brown ponytail bouncing behind her. She could feel her heart pounding in her chest. Usually she loved the thrill of a battle. She loved the rush of adrenaline it provided. `But why now?' She thought. She was to confused to fight a battle now. It had not even been an hour yet since she had seen him. Since he had come back in her life. Those meager seconds when they had kissed and the memories had come flooding back replayed in her mind as they neared the café.

"Makoto, come on lets transform." Minako said bringing the taller girl out of her melancholy reverie. They stumbled into an alley and as quickly as they could, transformed into their super hero aliases Sailor Jupiter and Sailor Venus. Then they hurried towards the fight.

As they arrived the scene was as usual. Mercury stood back a little, feverishly using her computer to calculate a weakness. Sailor Moon stood behind her, waiting for a command. Mars took the monster head on. Dashing, darting and every now and then sending a fireball in its general direction, just to keep it busy, until Mercury could come up with a plan.

"Mercury!" Venus called as she jogged over to the blue haired senshi. "Have you found a weak point?" Mercury shook her head. Jupiter hurried over to where Mars and the monster battled.

The monster had the curvy hourglass figure of a human girl. But its skin was blue and it was easily six feet tall. Its eyes were cruel and red and whenever it attacked it let out a high pitched girly squeal that could only be matched by that of Usagi's.

Jupiter didn't hesitate. As soon as she had a clear shot at the monster she took it. "Supreme Thunder!" She called sending the blast straight for the monster. Her shot was head on. But the monster didn't react. Instead it sent the attack straight back at Jupiter and Mars, blowing them a few feet through the air.

"Oh no!" Sailor Moon ran over to them, worry evident on her face. "Are you guys okay?!"

"I'm alright." Mars said standing slowly. There was blood running down her arm.

Jupiter groaned as she sat up. She hadn't expected that. `Damn monster…' She thought, breathing hard. She could feel the anger building inside of her.

"Sparkling…Wide…" Jupiter began. She was determined to blow the monster away.

"Don't!" Mercury called. "Jupiter! It's immune to thunder attacks."

Jupiter let out her frustration in a loud groan. `What the hell am I supposed to do now?'

"Its weakness is fire. Mars should attack it. Then it should be distracted enough for Sailor Moon to finish it off."

"Alright!" Mars positioned herself ready for the attack. "Mars Flame Sniper!"

The monster gave an ear-piercing scream as the flaming arrow struck it. It stumbled back, shocked. "Moon…Spiral…. Heart…Attack!!"

On impact the monster exploded, its scream reverberated through the street. "Ahh..." Jupiter groaned as the sound brought her to her knees. Then it stopped.

As the dust settled the senshi saw a dark figure moving forward. The figure wore a dark robe, its face hidden in the shadow of the hood over its head.

"I must give you credit. You, Sailor Senshi are stronger than I thought." Its voice seemed to come from somewhere else. It cracked and sounded unnatural. Almost robotic.

"What the hell do you want?" Venus was the first to speak she was already standing. A determined look on her face.

The strange figure raised a gloved hand. A surge of energy blasted from it blowing back Sailor Moon, Mercury and Venus.

"Damn you…" Jupiter ran forward attempting to tackle the figure. Without moving its feet it moved out of her way. Jupiter unable to stop, slammed down to the hard ground. "Arg!" She groaned and she quickly stood. She through punches and kicks at it, but it easily dodged.

As she moved forward to punch it once more it grabbed her ponytail and pulled her back. She screamed as it pulled her hair. The gloved hand clawed at her ears. Then it dropped her. Sailor Jupiter's hands went to her ears quickly. She felt bare lobes. The damned thing had taken her earrings. She stood, determined to get them back.

"Supreme…." She called, her eyes closed, she could feel the lightening rod on her tiara emerging. "Thunder Dragon!!"

The shadowy figure, tried to defend itself against the blast but it pushed it back. It's arms lifted up and it blasted the same energy as before at Jupiter. Her own Thunder Dragon backfired on her and she could feel herself being blown back. Her head slammed back against the outer brick wall of the café. For a moment her vision blurred. When it came into focus again the enemy was gone.

Makoto trudged up the stairs towards the second floor where her apartment was. After the strange new enemy had disappeared and after Ami had decided she had gathered enough information to declare that she couldn't identify it as anything they'd ever fought, they senshi had parted and headed home.

By now it was already eight and being early spring the daytime was starting to give way to night. Makoto was glad to be home to take a cold shower and collect her thoughts.

Makoto slipped her key into keyhole and turned it. This resulted in her locking the door instead of opening it. `I must not have locked it…' She thought nonchalantly.

Makoto turned the key again to open the door. This time it opened and she entered her apartment. It was dark. She leaned over and flipped the light switch. She tiredly flopped down onto the couch, putting her feet up on her coffee table. She massaged her head and sighed. `What a day…'

She was tired but her thoughts kept coming to Freddie. She could see him now. Envision him. Just as he was that day they broke up. Just as he had been earlier at the café. She could feel his lips on hers. She could here his voice.

"Hey Mako-chan…." Makoto's eyes flew open. She let out a surprised gasp as she stared up into Freddie's dark brown eyes