Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Caught In The Rain ❯ Prelude To The Storm ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

EEEE! Ok first I want to say thanks to everyone who reviewed ^.^ At first I really wasn't going to write anymore because I wasn't sure where to go with it. Ah well I guess that went out the window because I realized it really is a pretty interesting idea…Anyway on with the show

--------------

"So…what is it Freddie? Why did you bring me out here?" Makoto asked leaning against the side of the gazebo. She looked out as the rain fell, a smile on her face.

"I have to tell you …I don't want to be with you anymore…" Freddie said looking down. "Sorry…I just…think it's time we saw other people, you know."

"No…" Makoto whimpered. She felt the rage within her building up. She turned to him. He was running now, out into the rain. She followed him.

"Makoto!" He stopped abruptly and turned around, a cold distant look in his eye. "Stop following me! Don't you understand?! I don't need a big girl like you hanging around me!" And with that he stalked off.

The rain became stronger. Tears fell in torrents down Makoto's rosy cheeks as she watched him leave. `I'll never see him again…never.'

-----------

"Makoto? Makoto? Are you all right?" A pair of purple eyes stared down at her. The face of the ravened haired girl wore a worried frowned, as did the faces of the girls behind her.

Makoto opened her eyes slowly allowing the painful memories of Freddie to slip away momentarily. "Yeah…" She answered weakly. She looked around, realizing that she was now in the back room of the café. Ami handed her a cup of water and she drank it appreciatively.

Things were still unclear, she still felt the dazed confused felling she had when she realized whose dark brown eyes she was staring into…and then he had kissed her. Makoto touched her lips, recalling the wonderful feeling. `Freddie…what are you doing here?' questions filled her mind. If she could just find him…ask him questions…ask him about his feelings for her. But he had run out after his girlfriend, Makoto remembered She'd probably never see him again. But then again she had thought that once already…

"You look really red Mako-chan. Are you okay? Minako asked. She still wore her worried expression as she stared down at her friend. "Maybe you should get home."

Makoto looked up at the clock that hung on the wall. Her shift was already over. "Yeah, you're right." She said standing up and stretching. She ran a hand through her reddish-brown hair. Makoto took a few steps forward; her gait was slow and unsure. The others could easily tell she was still a little lightheaded, but doing everything in her power to make it seem like she wasn't.

"How `bout I walk you home." Minako volunteered. She gave a quick smile to the others and guided Makoto out of the café.

They walked a little while, in silence. Makoto kept her head down obviously lost in thought. Minako struggled to keep up with her friends fast pace, as she stole glances at her through her blonde bangs.

"Makoto…" Minako began. She was starting to find the silence unnerving. "What went on in the café? Between you and that guy…I mean you just kissed him …who was he anyway?"

" That was Freddie…I really cared about him, and for a while he seemed to feel the same way..." Makoto answered, still looking down. Her voice was beginning to crack and it seemed as though she was fighting back tears. "Everything was going great…then one day he said he didn't want to be with me anymore…He broke up with me and left me crying in the rain…"

Minako kept silent. `Poor Makoto…' she thought of her own lost loves and had to fight back tears herself.

Makoto looked up then, a weak smile on her face. "But we had some good times together too." She flicked back a bit of hair from her ear. "He gave me these." As if on command the beautiful pink rose earrings in her ear caught the sunlight.

Minako started to say something but a familiar beeping cut her off. Her communicator. She pulled it out of her pocket and opened it up. A little static, then a familiar pig-tailed heroine graced the scene. Her look was serious.

"Attack. In front of the café. Hurry." She simply said and flashed off the screen.