Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Decided Bride ❯ Swordplay ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 28 ~ Swordplay


He didn't like her standing there, silent, motionless, unreadable. Her eyes were wide, but her lips did not move to say anything. The light form the stars was bathing her in a soft glow, and he couldn't help but think about how beautiful she looked.

She couldn't take her eyes from his face. There were too many emotions running through her, and she didn't know what to do first. His face had a scared look, as though he was afraid that she would melt into the hay and never return. Her heart was racing, and her mind was in a big swirl. The first emotion she was able to focus on was anger.

He stepped forward a little. "Usagi," he whispered. "Please, say something." His voice was pleading, his eyes imploring her to make a move.

As soon as she saw him move toward her she stepped back. "You bastard," she whispered, the sound almost inaudible.

He looked taken back, and stopped moving toward her. "Usagi…" he said, but she wouldn't let him talk.

"You BASTARD!" she cried. "How!...Why!....You!...." She couldn't even get a proper sentence out she was so mad. He tried to take another step to her but she stepped back again. "How could you not tell me!" she yelled at him.

He stopped moving but still held his hand out, as if to stop her anger from spilling out against him. "Usagi I-"

"NO! Don't say anything, I don't want to hear it!" she cried out. "You have no idea what kind of hell you've put me through since I met you! You have no clue…!" she was shaking with anger by now. "I thought I was a monster for loving one man and marrying another despite that! You made me believe that you were two people, even after you knew who I was!" she sounded as though she was on the verge of tears.

He had an ashamed look on his face at the last comment. "Usagi I'm-" she cut him off again.

"You made me believe that I was giving up the only man I could ever love! I wanted to die because of you! You kept lying to me even after you knew! You!…you!...." She gave a frustrated scream.

Darien wanted to apologize, he really did, but he had to focus more on the sword that Serenity had just drawn and was heading strait for him. He fell backwards into the hay, just barley missing being split in half. He quickly rolled over and jumped onto his feet.

"Usagi are you crazy!" he cried out, but found himself dodging out of the way of Serenity's blade. "Serenity, I don't want to hurt you!" he managed to say.

She attacked again, an almost crazed look in her eyes. Darien drew his sword, and blocked her next blow. He gritted his teeth and pushed on her blade hard, sending her reeling backwards. He tried to de-sword her but she regained her footing too quickly and was already lunging at him again.

"You lied to me!" she shrieked.

"You did too!" He blocked and blow and tried again to get the sword away from her.

"But I told you the truth!" she said as she swung around trying to get him the in the side.

He could see though that there was some sanity returning to her eyes, so he tried to keep talking. "No, you thought I found out form Malachite." He gave her sword another hard blow to send her backwards. She fell, but was on her feet again, thrusting and slashing. Each of her strokes Darien managed to block, but he was finding it increasingly hard to keep up with her tempo. He hoped she wouldn't call to mind that he had thought Mina was Serenity, but fortunately she didn't.

"But you knew who I was and you still didn't tell me!" she snapped, throwing him off balance with a blow from the left he managed to block at the last moment. Her blows weren't as hard as before and not so threatening, but Darien was worrying more about how to calm her than how she was fighting.

"I couldn't! I wasn't allowed to!" he cried out in his own defence.

"Yes you could have!" she screamed at him and renewed her vigour.

He dodged and parried some more. "No I couldn't, I made a promise to my parents I would not say anything until they arrived!" He tried taking an offensive stance and managed to get her to back up a little. He started to feel a little more confident with his footing on the hay as well.

"So you let me suffer?" she asked and watched as he winced. "Why should I want to marry you now?" She found a new burst of energy from somewhere, and slowly regained the ground Darien had made her lose.

Both of them were breathing hard and sweating by this point, but Serenity was refusing to give up and Darien couldn’t back down until she did. She grunted as Darien brought his sword down on hers hard, nearly making her fall backwards again.

They stood there, their swords pushing against each other, both trying to make the other go back. Darien stared into her eyes. "Because I love you , and I know you care for me, and I would not have kept it from you if I had known it was killing you so much!" He replied through gritted teeth.

"How did you think I felt! Happy that I could leave you to marry a man I thought I had never met?" she asked, tears in her eyes.

Darien had a sorrowful look on his face. "I'm sorry, please believe me, I should not have done things the way I did!" He pushed on her sword with all his might, making her stumble backwards. He knew this was his chance to remover her sword. " Usagi-" He never got to finish what he was about to say. Serenity regained her footing and spun around, hitting his sword with her own with strength he did not know she had.

If surprised him, and the moment was a costly one for him. He blade was wrenched from his hand, and he watched, stunned, as it flew through the air only to be caught by Serenity's waiting hand. She pointed both swords at his heart. They wavered in the soft glow from the night sky, sending chills up and down his back. She stood there, glaring at him.

"Serenity…" he said, but got no further, as she came at him.

He braced himself for the imminent pain, but none came. All he heard was the sound of two blades landing in the soft hay, and then felt two arms encircle his neck. One hand came up behind his head and pulled his face down, his lips were crushed by two others. He stumbled backwards with one step, but closed his arms around her waist and supported her full weight.

The way the first kiss was filled with chasteness and gentleness, this one was filled with a passion, a hungry desire. She pressed her body onto his fully, and he was surprised when he felt her tongue glide along the seam of his lips. He complied with her wishes, and she deepened the passion. He crushed her to him, wanting her to feel his regret at his actions, to sense his apology, and to accept it. She, in return, kissed so he knew she already did accept it.

Finally she pulled back and looked up into his eyes. He saw that they were dancing with tears, but there was a soft smile on her face. What he didn't realize was that she saw the same thing. Not until a tear slipped down his face did he realize just how afraid he had been that she would not forgive him and that he would lose her.

She reached up with her delicate hand and wiped the tear away. "Never," She whispered, "lie to me again."

He smiled at her, and he felt himself close to really crying. "Never," he whispered back and pulled her to him again, laying his head on top of hers. "I won't ever hurt you Usagi. I won't let anyone hurt you. I'll give my life if I have to." He felt her snuggle her head closer to his chest.

After a few moments she pulled back and looked into his eyes again. "Darien-" she said, but for once she was cut off, as Darien's mouth came down to claim hers. She smiled inwardly to herself. This was the way things were supposed to be.

*****
~Disclaimer~
I do not own the rights to Sailormoon or any of the characters. That honour belongs to Naoko Takeuchi, and I am simply a lowly author who can use her characters for my plots.