Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Fairytale Princess ❯ Nightmares and Training begin... ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here are the characters ages for anyone who wants to know...

Serena / Serenity - 17

Raychel / Raye - 18

Natality / Lita - 19

Minara / Mina - 17

Amelia / Amy - 18

Endymion - 19

Nephrite - 19

Jadeite - 18

Malachite - 19

Zoisite - 18

Giana - 18

------------------------------------

Disclaimer: I dont own Sailor Moon. Do you think I would be writing fanfics if I did?

------------------------------------

When Endymion returned to his chamber, he found Giana sitting on the balcony. She turned when he approached her and wrapped his arms around her waist. The water from his hair dripped down over her exposed shoulders.

"Eww, Endy, why are you all wet?" she said scrunching up her nose and wiping at her shoulders.

"I had a run in with the princess," he replied stepping back.

'She's going to steal him,' a voice whispered in Giana's mind. She shook her head to rid herself of it.

"But that still doesn't explain why you're all wet," she replied. He cocked an eyebrow before going back inside the room.

"She tipped water on me," he said. Giana entered after him and watched as he stripped off his shirt and entered the adjoining bathroom.

"Say, why weren't you at dinner?" he called, sticking his head back out to look at her. She shrugged.

"I wasn't hungry," she replied simply. He nodded and re-entered the bathroom and ran a bath. Giana just sat on the bed staring up at the ceiling.

'You know it's true,' the voice whispered once again. Giana rose and began to get ready for bed. No sooner had she finished and climbed under the covers did she fall asleep.

About an hour later, Endymion came back into the room to find Giana already asleep. He also joined her in the bed and slowly dozed off. When the last of the servants had finished their chores and headed to bed, the entire castle slipped into silence.

------------------------------------

The next morning, Lady Luna knocked lightly on the princess's door as the large clock began to chime.

"Your highness?" she called. When she received no answer, the black haired woman opened the door and slipped inside. She wandered over to the bed to find it empty and already made. The older woman suddenly went into a frenzy. She rushed out of the room and straight to her mistresses.

"Your highness," she said gently shaking the queen. Her silvery eyes fluttered open.

"What is it Luna?" she said rolling over and rubbing her eyes.

"The princess is missing," she said. The queen practically jumped from her bed.

"Again? Oh that girl is going to be the death of me," she groaned as she threw on a robe and exited the room. Luna slowly followed behind.

"Luna, go and check the kitchens while I check the library," she said to her friend.

"What about the scouts?" Luna asked. Selena shook her head.

"We don't need to bother them with this just yet," she said. Luna nodded and headed off towards the kitchen.

------------------------------------

In another part of the castle, Prince Endymion shifted uncomfortably in his bed as his dreams were assaulted by images.

He kept seeing the princess's face in pain as she fell to the ground. Her big blue eyes watering lightly and her lips parted as she whimpered. Then he saw the way she smiled at the servants as they served her dinner.

Suddenly it changed to see a woman standing amidst a dark cloud. He couldn't see her features as she stood there. She seemed to be all aglow as the darkness beared down on her. He felt his heart constrict as the darkness finally encased the woman.

With a strangled cry, Endymion shot up in his bed. Giana moved slightly beside him but did not stir. The prince wiped a hand across his brow and cleared away the film of sweat that had appeared.

His heart was beating erratically and his chest was hurting. It was not physically harmed but still the ache was there nonetheless. He rose from the bed and pulled on a pair of pants. Endymion then walked over to his door and quietly slipped out, careful not to wake his companion.

He saw the queen rush off around the corner.

'I wonder what she's worked up about?' he thought. He thought it over before stealthily following the queen. He made sure to keep out of her sight as she rushed through the halls.

Finally she arrived at a pair of large doors. She pushed them open and entered.

"Serenity?" she called. Endymion frowned as he heard her.

'Why is she calling her daughter?' he thought perplexed. Suddenly she appeared again but Endymion didn't have time to hide.

"Oh Endymion," she called to him. "You haven't seen my daughter have you?" He shook his head.

"No I haven't your highness. Not since last night," he mentally winced as he remembered pushing the princess. He made a mental note to go and apologise for his actions when he got the chance. After all, his parents would kill him if they found out about this.

He had been brought up to respect a lady. Well in most senses. Often he didn't respect a lady when he bedded them, but his parents had taught him never to strike a woman. No matter what her station. Whether she be a princess or a maid.

"Would you mind looking in the dinning hall for me? She seems to have disappeared again," the queen said. He nodded and began making his way to the aforementioned room. But not before stopping off at his room to grab a shirt.

Luna walked through the kitchens as the servants began preparing breakfast. She looked everywhere for the princess but had no luck in locating her.

Finally she stopped at the last table and addressed the girl standing there.

"You there girl," she called gaining her attention. "Have you seen the princess?" The girl chuckled lightly before answering.

"Good morning to you too," she said with a laugh. Luna felt slightly offended by her attitude until she looked at the girl more closely.

"You-your highness?" Serena laughed and nodded. "But those clothes!" Luna exclaimed pointing at her attire.

Serena was dressed in a simple peasant's dress with a white apron tied around her waist. Her hair was pulled back in a messy bun and a few loose tendrils brushed her cheeks.

"I didn't recognise you, your highness," Luna said with a respectful bow.

"It's okay. You're just in time for breakfast," Serena said stirring a bowl.

"Your highness. A princess never prepares her own meals. That is not how things are done," Luna said taking the utensils from her hands.

"There are rules about breakfast?"

"Why of course there are rules about breakfast. But it's not your fault you don't know the traditions of the castle yet. That is what the queen expects me to teach you," the older woman replied.

"I'm sure I can learn them in no time," Serena exclaimed enthusiastically. Luna looked at her sceptically.

"I'm sure," she said.

"I am Lady Lunaria," Luna said bowing once again.

Serena nodded.

"Nice to meet you Luna. I'm Serena," she said. Once the introductions were made, Luna brought Serena to her mother's bedroom.

"I found the princess your majesty," Luna informed the queen. After Serena had been sufficiently scolded, Selena dismissed her friend. She then motioned for her daughter to take a seat.

"Serenity, I have arranged for Luna to begin your palace training in the place of the scouts," she explained. Selena continued when Serena looked at her quizzically.

"I require the scouts to entertain the Earth visitors while I am away. And before you ask, I must travel to Charon Castle on the planet Pluto. Sailor Pluto has requested my presence and I cannot deny her. So in my absence, I wish for you to plan and host the Millennium Banquet."

"What? I can't. I don't know anything about planning a banquet!" Serena exclaimed rather loudly.

"That is where Luna comes in. This will be part of your training," Selena said. After much more talking, and yelling, eventually Serena agreed. She left her mothers room once she was finished.

Serena walked back to her room to find none other than Prince Endymion leaning against her door.

"Can I help you your highness?" she said when she approached. He turned to look at the girl who had addressed him and found himself, surprisingly, looking at the princess.

"Oh um yes, your highness. I uh..." he trailed off. Endymion wasn't used to apologising for anything. He rubbed his hand on the back of his neck.

Before he could continue, Minara appeared beside Serena.

"Good morning your highness," she said with a smile. Serena nodded and happily returned the greeting, forgetting completely about the man before her.
Endymion knew he had missed his chance so he bid the women goodbye and walked off.

'I'll just have to speak with her later,' he thought.

A little while later, Luna had given the princess some clothes that she said were more befitting a princess.

Serena was wearing a big Victorian style dress that clung ridiculously tight to her bust, almost forcing the princess not to breathe. A collar encased her neck and the skirt looked almost like a large dome protruding from her hips. It was also a gaudy pink colour.

Her hair had also been rolled into curls (like those wigs people wear in courts and such) on the side of her face and an ornate string of pearls had been placed on her head. Overall Serena wanted to throw up at her appearance.

But she remembered what her mother had said to her before she left her room.

Flashback

"Serena dear," the queen called before the princess left.

"Yes?"

"Remember this darling. You will be representing me and the Moon at this banquet so please try not to pull anything like last night," she said referring to the water incident.

Serena was about to protest before she saw the hope in her mother's eyes.

"Of course. I will try," she said before leaving
.

End Flashback

Serena decided that she would try her best to behave and if that meant dressing like this, then she would do it.

Luna then led the princess to the ballroom where all the guests would dance and meet. As they entered the room Serena noticed how dark it was.

"It's such a beautiful day. Why don't we open the curtains?" she said moving to do just that. She began pulling the fabric until Luna stopped her.

"These curtain are never opened your highness," she said closing them once again.

"And especially not by a princess," another voice said. Serena turned to look at the two women who had just entered.

"These are your ladies in waiting. Annabelle and Molina," Luna introduced the girls who looked to be no older than Serena.

Annabelle was wearing a sky blue gown and a matching sky blue headpiece whereas Molina was wearing a burgundy dress and headpiece.
The pair bowed respectfully as Luna called in some minstrels.

"At the banquet, the hostess is required to perform the first dance with a man of her choice. It is usually her husband that dances with her, but seeing as
how you are not married yet, we will have to arrange someone to dance with you," Luna explained.

Annabelle then stepped up and lifted the princess's hand. She placed her own against it as Molina placed three books on Serena's head. Slowly Annabelle coaxed Serena to take a step back and a few moments later the pair were moving around the floor.

Occasionally Serena would have to bow to Annabelle and every time the books would slip from her head.

"One at least must learn to dance with grace and poise," Luna commented as the books fell yet again.

"I'm trying. Really I am," Serena said as she wobbled once again. Luna walked over and took the books from her head.

"Perhaps we should work on the seating arrangements first," she said passing the books back to Molina. The group then began making their way to the dinning hall.

------------------------------------

Meanwhile, the scouts had roused the generals and, after they were all introduced, went in search of the prince.

The group found him in the gardens with Giana perched in his lap.

"Ah there you are Endymion," Malachite said as they approached. The pair stood and joined the group.

"Shall we split up? It's just a little hard to entertain everyone as a group," Amy suggested. Everyone agreed and was split up into pairs.

------------------------------------

Amy went with Zoisite to the library. Lita and Nephrite headed towards the training rooms. Mina and Malachite opted to stroll through the gardens and Raye unfortunately got stuck with Jadeite who insisted on flirting with her. This left Endymion with someone who was beginning to irritate him. Giana.

"So where is the princess today my lady Amelia?" Zoisite asked Amy as they walked into the stacked library.

"She is beginning her training. Lady Luna is taking over for us while we entertain you in place of the queen," she replied pulling a thick book from a
nearby shelf. "And please call me Amy." Amy then settled into a chair and began reading.

Zoisite mimicked her movement's moments later. He couldn't help but teal glances at the Princess of Mercury as she read though. With her short blue hair and swirling blue eyes that danced with intelligence, she easily made his breath catch. She was everything Zoisite could ever imagine her to be. Or want her to be.

------------------------------------

Lita pulled a sword from the weapons shelf as Nephrite whistled.

"You have quite a collection of weapons here milady Natality," he complimented as he looked around. The walls had many different styles of swords displayed upon them and different shields were placed just below them.

"Queen Selena doesn't agree with fighting but she understands that sometimes it is necessary. So she commissioned this training room to be built so that warriors, such as the scouts, and myself could train without interruption. And please call me Lita," she replied swinging the sword dangerously. Nephrite
backed off a bit and settled in to watch the Princess of Jupiter train.

Many would have seen her as too masculine for their tastes but to Nephrite she was perfect. He had spent time with Serena but, although he would admit the princess is beautiful, Lita's beauty called to him in a way he could only dream of.

------------------------------------

Mina and Malachite walked in silence as the passed many different rose bushes. The pair hadn't spoken a word since they separated from the others.

Mina finally got sick of the silence and tried to make conversation.

"So...you come from Venus too?" she asked casually. Malachite only nodded in response. Mina sighed and turned away from him. She stopped to smell some of the yellow roses that had been brought from her home planet.

The glare from something caught Malachite's eye and he turned to look at the Princess of Venus. The sunlight was reflecting off her sunny blonde hair making it look like gold. Malachite felt his breath hitch as he stared at the beauty before him as she leant down to smell the roses.

"Are you going to say something or just stand there and stare at me?" Malachite was snapped from his staring as Mina spoke to him. She straightened up and walked back over to him.

"I apologise Princess Minara," he said.

"Please call me Mina. I don't really like being called Minara. Reminds me too much of my mother," she replied. Her sky blue eyes danced as she laughed.

Malachite also let a little chuckle slip from his mouth at her statement.

"You look good when you laugh. You should try doing it more often," Mina commented.

In that moment, Malachite saw Mina, not as the Princess of his home planet, but as a cheerful, happy woman that intrigued him. A woman he wouldn't mind spending all his time trying to figure out.

------------------------------------

Raye however was dealing with a different, and far from good, situation. She was walking as fast as she could but Jadeite refused to leave her side.

Eventually Raye found herself entering the shrine room Queen Selena had set up for her.

That was something the queen had done for all of them. She had put up a shrine room so Raye could meditate, a library so Amy could study, a training room for Lita and Mina had requested the rose garden.

"Please wait for me princess," Jadeite called to the raven-haired woman as he entered the shrine also. He marvelled at the beautiful scarlet designs painted all over the walls. A fireplace was majestically alight with a roaring fire in the centre of the room. It reminded him so much of the shrines and temples on Mars that he felt immediately at home there.

"What is this place?" he whispered.

"A shrine room moron," Raye retorted hotly. She knelt down on one of the mats surrounding the fire and began meditating. Jadeite tore his gaze from the room to stare at the fiery priestess that sat before him. He let his eyes wander over her faces delicate features. He remembered the way her amethyst coloured eyes danced with fire as she called him a moron. She seemed a little rough around the edges but Jadeite wouldn't have it any other way.

He liked his women fiery, but the only thing that had disappointed him with his choices in the past was that these so-called fiery women were too easy to tame. The princess of Mars however seemed not to be taken in by good looks and charm. He would never be bored with his attempts to tame this little hellcat.

--------------------