Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Fairytale Princess ❯ Secrets of a Mark Revealed... ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don’t own Sailor Moon or Cinderella. Do you think I would be writing fanfics if I did?

------------------------------

Endymion was surprised as he found himself comparing his companion, Giana, to a certain golden haired princess.

When Giana would laugh at something, he found it didn’t chime like Serena’s did. It just seemed to fray his nerves. Also when she looked at him. Her eyes always seemed to be hiding something and they just weren’t the right shade of blue.

Endymion shook his head. He really needed to apologise and get the princess out of his mind. And fast.

Giana glanced at Endymion once again as he seemed to see right through her. Almost as if his mind was on something, or someone, else.

‘It’s that little princess,’ that strange voice whispered yet again.

Ever since they had arrived on the moon that little voice had been whispering to Giana. Telling her of how the pretty little moon princess was going to steal Endymion from her. At first she was reluctant to believe such things, but since he met her and had that run in with the princess, he seemed different. Distant almost.

‘She is going to take him away from you,’ it said.

‘No she won’t. And I’ll prove it,’ Giana thought determinedly. She then stopped Endymion and placed a hand behind his head. She pulled him down and pressed her lips to his.

Endymion was surprised as he felt her lips move over his own. He immediately felt something missing as she kissed him. Never before had Giana’s kiss failed to entice him and yet here he was, wishing she were someone else. Someone with long blonde hair and cornflower blue eyes.

He broke the kiss and disentangled her arms from around his neck.

“I’m sorry Giana. I’m just not feeling very well right now,” he apologised.

‘So much for that,’ the voice taunted her. Giana huffed and stormed off, back into the castle. Endymion ran a hand over his face as he watched her leave.

He really needed to find and apologise to the princess before she drove him insane. With that he walked slowly back into the castle.

------------------------------

“Kings and queens sit nearest the hostess unless her family is present,” Annabelle explained to Serena as they wandered around the dinning hall. Serena pulled at the dress she wore. It was becoming very uncomfortable, and her high heels were beginning to hurt her feet.

“Wouldn’t it be nice if people could just sit where they wanted?” she said pulling at the collar. Luna’s chuckle paused her motions.

“How very amusing your highness,” she said sarcastically.

“As I was saying, Kings and Queens sit nearest the hostess unless her family is present. Dukes and Lords will be seated next, unless there are any Princes or Princesses present. Barons are to be seated lastly at the foot of the table. Remember, you must never seat a Lord above a Duke or below a Baron,” Annabelle continued ignoring Luna’s interruption.

Molina then approached them.

“Which colour is correct your highness?” she said presenting the princess with two almost identical napkins.

“Um…that one?” Serena guessed pointing at the one Molina held in her left hand.

“Goodness no,” Luna corrected her and seized the other napkin.

“But there isn’t any difference,” Serena protested. Luna sighed dramatically.

“So much to learn. So little time,” she said.

------------------------------

Hours later, Serena finally fell into her bed. She was exhausted from practising that stupid dance over and over again. She was getting better but by Luna’s standards she still had a long way to go.

A knock at her door roused Serena from her stupor. She opened it to come face to face with Endymion.

“Oh prince Endymion. What can I do for you?” she asked politely and wincing as she moved her arm. Now that she wasn’t so focused on learning, Serena was beginning to feel the full pain of her bruises. They had been bothering her all day but because Luna had never given her a moment’s rest she simply had to deal with it.

Endymion noticed her wince and quickly misinterpreted it.

“I was just coming to apologise,” he said quickly.

“For what?” Serena said stepping back and allowing him to enter her chamber.

Neither of them noticed a pair of clouded blue eyes in the shadows that flared angrily as he entered. Endymion shifted nervously.

“For pushing you in the gardens yesterday,” he said eventually with a sigh. Serena looked at him surprised. When she saw his nervousness crystal clear, her face softened.

“It’s okay. I forgive you,” she said reaching up to undo her hair. Everything went fine until she brought her hand down too fast. Her shoulders burned in disagreement and she groaned in pain.

“Are you okay?” he asked placing a hand on her back, not realising the cause of her pain.

Serena hissed as he pressed her bruises through her dress and Endymion quickly withdrew his hand.

“Sorry,” he said sheepishly. “May I?” he asked tracing the zipper of her dress. Eventually Serena nodded and bit her lip rather roughly as he slid it down her back.

When the zipper reached her lower back, the dress parted slightly. Thanks to the design of her corset, Endymion could clearly see the ugly black bruises that stretched across her back.

“My god! Did I do these?” he whispered running a finger across one of them. Serena remained quiet but nodded slightly.

“I’m sorry princess. My temper got the better of me that night,” he said, turning away from her and removing his finger.

“I already said I forgave you,” Serena retorted impatiently. The prince met her eyes and smiled at her response.

“You really are a little fire cracker aren’t you,” he commented. Serena glared at him as she slid off her dress.

“Only when someone gets on my nerves,” she replied as her eyes danced. Endymion was happy they had slipped into light banter. He was very uncomfortable with the whole apologising fiasco.

He had to admit he liked the fact this little princess could hold her own. She could be quiet and shy one minute and spitting like a wet cat the next. She was beautiful too. That was something the prince had admitted when they first met. He was glad she was here, otherwise this would have probably been just another boring visit to some random planet. Still, something about her was different. She could act the regal part yet she didn’t seem to radiate it like her mother.

“Um…. Endy?” Serena’s shy voice penetrated his thoughts.

“Yes princess?” he replied while smiling inwardly at the little name.

“Could you…. Uh…help me with…. This?” she said blushing madly and gesturing to her corset. He raised a brow and she blushed even more.

“My bruises won’t allow me to reach my back. My shoulders are too stiff,” she said meekly. Endymion chuckled before motioning for her to turn around.

Serena did so and he skilfully began unlacing her white corset. Endymion let his gaze wander over her unblemished shoulders and the back of her neck. As he finished undoing the garment, Endymion spotted her birthmarks.

“And what are these?” he asked running a hand down her back, brushing each symbol in turn. A shiver sliced its way down the princess’s spine at his touch.

“A birthmark,” she whispered back. He nodded in understanding despite the fact Serena couldn’t see him.

“Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto,” the prince recited tracing a finger over each before moving on to the next. When he reached Pluto Serena reached around and grasped his hand to stop it venturing any further.

“Yes. The planetary symbols,” she said turning to face him. He looked in her eyes for a moment before something seized him and the next thing he knew, Endymion had pressed his lips to Serena’s.

Serena was surprised when he kissed her but it quickly died away as he grasped her wrist and tugged her closer. Now both their wrists were being held by the other as Endymion wrapped his other arm around her waist.

Serena was glad for his hold because her knees suddenly went weak and she practically melted into him. Meanwhile Endymion sighed contentedly against her lips. To him, this was exactly what a kiss should be. It made him light headed, boiled his blood and simply left him wanting more.

When her prince sighed, realisation of what they were doing suddenly struck home.

Serena gasped and feverously pulled her lips from his. They were both breathing heavily as he directed a questioning gaze at her.

“You shouldn’t have done that,” Serena said eventually.

“You seemed like you were enjoying it too,” Endymion replied with a little hurt lacing his tone.

“It doesn’t matter. That should not have happened. Besides you have that Giana woman,” Serena said, trying to break free of his grasp.

Endymion snorted at the mention of Giana.

“She is nothing more than a bed warmer. I was tired of her anyway. It’s you I want now,” he said.

Serena finally got free of his arms and looked him in the eye.

“And how do I know you will not tire of me some day? To just toss me aside like yesterdays news,” Serena said angrily.

Endymion didn’t know what to say. He stood there opening and closing his mouth but no words came.

“Just go, alright. Go back to your room and forget this ever happened,” Serena almost begged him. With that she walked into her bathroom and closed the door behind her.

Endymion closed his mouth one final time and turned to the door of her chamber. He opened it slowly and stood there for a moment.
He had felt a little hurt when she said that their kiss should never have happened. But a little turned into a lot when she said he would toss her aside.

Sure Endymion had been through his fair share of women, and looking back on it now he had just tossed them aside once he lost interest. He knew he was looked down upon for it, but until now he never felt bad about it. Up until Serena had the nerve to call him on it.

Irrational anger built up inside the young prince and he stalked from the room, slamming the door after himself.

------------------------------

Serena sat leaning against the door of her bathroom, completely ignoring the pain her position was causing her bruises. When she heard the door slam, the blonde haired princess let out a sigh of relief.

She had thought, or maybe even hoped, that Endymion would stalk in and refuse to forget about the kiss. It had been her first. And what a first it was.

The women in the village were always telling stories of how a kiss should be and how it will make you feel. Endymion’s skilled lips had fulfilled and surpassed all her expectations.

Serena was about to place a hand to her lips when she heard a knock at her chamber door.

“Princess?” she heard. “Serena, it’s me Mina. Come on, open the door!” Mina said impatiently.

Serena slowly, and painfully, climbed from the floor of her bathroom, opened the door and proceeded to let Mina in.

“It’s about time! I’ve been knocking for ages,” she said dramatically. Serena’s brow furrowed in confusion.

“Ah, no you haven’t,” she said.

“Yeah, you’re right I haven’t. But I still expect you to open the door on the first knock. What do you want me to think you’ve been kidnapped or something?” Mina declared. At this Serena did something that startled Mina. She laughed.

As her princess laughed, Mina noticed how she was dressed.

“Did I, uh, interrupt something?” she said pointing to the corset that was barely staying on. Serena looked down and blushed heavily.

“No, I was just getting changed,” Serena said a little too quickly. Mina narrowed her eyes.

“Uh huh. Sure you were,” she said with a playful wink. At this, Serena’s blush darkened considerably. Mina made her way over to the closet and pulled out a sleeping gown.

“Here put this on,” she said laying it down and heading for the door. “Give me a yell when you’re done.” Before Mina could exit, Serena called her back.

“Uh, I might need your help,” she said pointing at the dress.

Mina looked at her with a confused expression until Serena sighed and turned around. The sailor scout of Venus almost passed out when she saw the bruises marking her highnesses back.

“Whoa,” she said lightly touching them. Even this caused Serena to wince.

'What is it with everyone touching them?' Serena thought ruefully before Mina spoke again.

“How in the universe did these happen?” Mina asked.

Serena considered telling Mina until she thought about what her and the scouts might do to Endymion.

‘Best not to give them that bit of info,’ Serena thought.

“I fell down the stairs in the village,” she lied.

“The day before you came here?” Mina asked suspiciously. Serena nodded.

‘Those bruises look way too fresh to have happened over two days ago,’ Mina thought. ‘I’ll talk to the scouts about it later.’

After staring at the princess for a few moments, Mina relented and dropped the subject.

She agreed to help Serena dress, and as she did, Mina glanced at her birthmarks. The queen had mentioned them to the scouts before she arrived. She said that every planetary symbol was located on her body. But Mina could only find eight of the ten.

“Where’s the Earth symbol? And where is your crescent moon?” Mina asked Serena once they had finished. Serena sighed. She might as well tell someone.

“My crescent moon only appears when I use my powers,” she said as Mina ran a brush through her hair.

“What powers?” the aforementioned girl replied quizzically.

“Well I can blow things up, sort of,” Serena admitted sheepishly. Mina looked almost gob smacked.

“That’s it. Tomorrow I’m taking you to the training room and you are going to show me your ‘powers’,” Mina said with a tone that left no room for argument.

Serena was relieved that Mina had forgotten all about the Earth mar-

“And where’s the Earth mark?” she interrupted Serena’s thoughts. Damn, she hadn’t forgotten.

“It appears like my crescent moon,” Serena said forcefully.

“Okay, but where?” Mina persisted. Serena turned to look at Mina.

“Promise you won’t tell anyone?” she said looking in her friends’ eyes.

“I won’t if it’s not juicy gossip,” Mina said playfully. At Serena’s scowl she sighed.

“Okay I promise. I won’t breathe a word to anyone,” she said, secretly crossing her fingers behind her back.

“It appears over my heart,” Serena said turning away from the princess of Venus.

“Over your heart? What’s so bad about-“ Mina cut herself off as her eyes widened and the meaning hit her full force.

“No way!” Mina almost yelled. “You mean you have a soul mark?!” she exclaimed really loudly. Serena winced at her volume.

“Shush. Keep it down Mina. I don’t want anyone to know,” Serena said trying to quieten the girl down.

“Why the heck not? You are basically guaranteed a husband! A predestined man to fall in love with while the rest of us have to get by on our own. How can you not be happy with that?” the blonde questioned the princess.

Serena sighed and glared at her friend.

“Because I don’t like the idea of having my whole future planned out for me,” she replied hotly.

“But Serena do you know how rare this is? That mark means there is someone out there made only for you. Someone that would give their life, love and soul for you. Do you not realise how special a bond like that is? I am the sailor scout of Love and I have only ever heard of one other soul mark. Ever!” Mina said.

“But I thought everyone ended up with one at some point,” Serena said. Mina ruefully shook her head.

“A soul mark, or a Kasenian as we are taught, are only given to couples whose bonds could outlast time itself. Rarely does a union like that exist, hence why they are so rare,” Mina explained. A silence engulfed the pair.

“So you mean both people will have this mark?” Serena asked after letting it all sink in. Mina nodded thoughtfully. Suddenly a big smile broke out over her face.

“Looks like the sailor scouts have got themselves a new mission!” she said. Serena looked at her confused before she continued. “Time to find our princess a soul mate!”