Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Fairytale Princess ❯ Testing the Waters... ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own Sailor Moon. Do you think I would be writing fics if I did?

------------------------------

Serena groaned as she rolled over in her bed. Her back was still killing her and Mina had refused to leave until late into the night.

The princess ruefully climbed from her bed, but not without wincing in pain occasionally, and headed into her bathroom. She soaked in the bathtub and ran a hand through her long blonde hair.

After painfully managing to clean her back, Serena rose from the tub, wrapped a robe around her and exited to find Molina, Annabelle and Luna in her room.

“Your highness, we have much to do today. We have to organise the invitations, prepare the food that will be served at the banquet and you need to practice your dancing,” Luna informed her. Serena sighed. Another day of that stupid dance.

The chatter was stopped when someone knocked on the door. Annabelle opened the door to reveal the Raye, Mina, Lita and Amy.

“Can I help you ladies?” Luna asked pulling a dress from my closet. The four entered rather quickly but Amy was the one to speak.

“We came to collect the princess,” she said shyly. Luna raised an eyebrow.

“I’m sorry but the princess has a prior engagement today,” she replied smugly.

This time Mina was the one to speak.

“That may be Luna but yesterday Serena mentioned something about powers she has. The scouts and I have arranged to test these powers today.”

Luna scoffed.

“The banquets preparation takes precedence over your testing,” Luna spat disdainfully.

“You already have everything decided Luna. The only Serena actually has to do is sign the invitations,” Lita replied. Luna couldn’t find a response so she begrudgingly agreed.

“I shall see you later then your highness,” she said before leaving, with Annabelle and Molina in toe.

The room was silent for a moment before Serena sighed.

“Thank you so much. I don’t think I could last another day in one of those dresses,” she gushed pointing at the dress left on the bed.

“It’s okay. We’re just lucky Luna agreed. When she sets her sights on something, it’s not often she doesn’t get it,” Raye said lounging on Serena’s abandoned bed. Lita had taken up residence on her velvet chair, Amy was sitting at her vanity table and Mina was fishing around in her closet.

“Mina what are you doing?” Raye said watching the girl fling clothes everywhere.

“Looking for something she can fight in,” the blonde scout replied. She pulled out a dress.

“Nope too formal,” Lita judged. Next came a pair of pants.

“Too loose,” Raye chimed in. Next came Serena’s sleeping dress.

“Way too inappropriate,” Amy said.

“Unless you want to show something off,” Mina said tossing another playful wink at Serena. She just blushed and pulled the dress from her friend.

“Not happening,” she said. Mina just shrugged and dove head first back into the closet.

“What about a uniform like ours?” Amy suggested.

“What do you mean Ames?” Raye asked the bluenette.

“Well since each of us have a transformation wand, what if Yaten could get one for Serena? After all, we are all scouts of our respective planets, maybe Serena is one too,” Amy explained.

The rest of the girls agreed and Amy set off to see Yaten while Serena finished dressing.

After Lita and Raye had fawned over her bruises they helped her into the pants and a loose white shirt. Apart from her hair, anyone would assume she was a boy.

“Off we go!” Mina shouted and grabbed Serena’s arm. The four girls walked swiftly down the halls, lead by Lita, to the training rooms.

------------------------------

The clanging of steel echoed around the training room as Zoisite and Nephrite faced off.

“Despite the fact Zoisite is all brain, he is fast little guy isn’t he?” Jadeite joked with Malachite. Mal just ignored his quip to speak with his prince.

“Would you like to verse the winner sir? Or do us all a favour and knock Jadeite out?” the platinum haired man asked. Endymion laughed at Malachite’s barely veiled insult.

Another large clang had Zoisite’s sword flying across the room. A thump followed with Nephrite pinning the aforementioned general to the floor.

“Okay I yield!” the pinned man admitted. Nephrite let out a laugh while helping out his comrade.

“So who want’s to go next?” Jadeite asked getting up and grabbing his own sword.

“Do you mind if we try?” a female voice called. The five men turned to find the four planetary princesses’ and princess Serenity standing at the door.

“Why my lady Raychel, of course. I would be honoured to fight such a beautiful maiden,” Jadeite cooed. Raye walked over and bopped the man on the head.

“I meant could we use the room, you moron,” she fumed but everyone could see her barely contained blush. While Jadeite nursed his head, Lita stepped forth.

“I have no problem fighting this lot,” she said cracking her knuckles rather loudly.

“Tsk, tsk girls. We are here to test Serena. Not beat the daylights out of the generals,” Mina interrupted. Lita muttered something about a party pooper before Amy entered.

“I got her a wand,” she called.

“Oh, is the princess going to dress up like a fairy?” Endymion taunted. Serena glared at him before stalking over to Amy.

“This is the wand that the previous Sailor Moon’s have used. Just hold it up and say Moon Prism Power. If you are to be a scout it should react and begin your transformation,” she explained handing the white stick to the princess.

Serena breathed in deeply before holding up the wand.

“Moon Prism Power!” she yelled. To everyone’s disappointment nothing happened.

“Oh well. I guess I’m not meant to be a scout,” Serena shrugged. Amy placed her little computer on a shelf nearby before beginning her transformation.

“Mercury Power,” Amy was then engulfed in a whirlwind of water that clung to her bust, then waist and formed her uniform.

“Mars Power,” Raye followed suit with a cyclone of fire that created her uniform.

“Jupiter Power,” Lita was surrounded by electric bolts as her uniform began appearing.

“Venus Power,” Mina had a shower of stars circle her before she stood in her uniform too.

Even Serena stood gob smacked as the four princesses became the Sailor Scouts.

“Okay then. Now that we’re ready, Serena will you stand in the middle of the room please?” Mina asked. Serena quickly did as she was asked.

“Wait all four of you are going to attack her?” Nephrite asked a little worried for the little princess. Mina nodded.

“But only one at a time,” Raye assured them.

“Serena, remember to try and dodge our attacks if you can’t counter them,” Amy advised.

“And watch your footing,” Lita gave.

“Could you guys step back please? We don’t want you to get hurt,” Raye said sending a sickly sweet smile at Jadeite. The five men did as asked and leant against the wall.

“Okay scouts. Attack!” Mina yelled.

“Jupiter Thunder Crash!” Lita yelled. Serena just managed to jump away as a lightning bolt struck her previous position.

“Mars Fire Ignite!” Raye said from behind Serena. She jumped as high as she could and felt the heat brush her feet.

Endymion tried very hard to stop himself from leaping in and tyring to protect Serena from their blasts. He knew she had to do this but his gut was still telling him to protect his woman.

‘My woman? Where the hell did that come from?’ he thought shaking his head.

“Mercury Bubbles Blast!” Amy said. Suddenly everyone lost sight of Serena. The scouts even lost sight of one another.

“Damn it Mercury. Couldn’t you wait five more minutes? I had her right where I wanted her!” Mina yelled. Mina was about to yell again when she felt a blade placed at her neck. She held completely still as Serena held the glistening blade to her throat.

“Gotcha,” Mina muttered. Before Serena could react though, Mina kicked her legs out from under her and dropped the girl.

The sword she had picked up, which happened to be Zoisite’s previously discarded one, flew once again across the room as the fog began disappearing. Serena scrambled to get up but Mina’s foot stopped her.

Unexpectedly, Mina and the other scouts were all blown off their feet by a gust of wind coming from Serena. Even the guys were knocked over.

Before anyone could look back, Serena became surrounded in white, razor sharp feathers. She was completely hidden from view. By this time the scouts had managed to stand once again but they were unprepared fro the assault let loose on them.

The feathers shot out in every direction. The scouts and the guys were barely able to dodge the attack in time. They had cuts on their arms and legs from where the feathers had connected. The rest of the knife like weapons were imbedded in the walls throughout the entire room.

When Endymion looked up once again Serena was crouched on the floor shaking. Despite the small pain from his own cuts, the prince made his way over to the princess.

“Serenity?” he called when he got close enough. Her blue eyes looked up at him and Endymion felt crushed when he saw the tears forming in her eyes.

“What did I do?” she whispered in shock. The rest of the guys slowly made their own way over and helped the other girls up.

“You don’t remember?” Endymion asked softly, clutching her hands to stop their shaking. Serena shook her head.

Amy had reclaimed her computer to try and discern what had just happened. While everyone else tried calming the shocked princess as they recounted her attack, Amy’s eyes simply grew wider as she watched the footage.

“What is it Ames?” Raye asked, finally noticing the girls expression. Amy simply shook her head before turning to Mina.

“Bind her,” she ordered. Mina shot her a look of confusion.

“Why?” Malachite asked the Mercurian princess.

“Just do it. I don’t have time to explain,” she said hastily. Hesitantly, Mina summoned her chain.

“Venus Love Chain Encircle,” the thin chain of hearts wrapped around Serena’s arms and feet, preventing her movements.

“What is the meaning of this?” Endymion yelled. “Release her!”

“No Endymion. We can’t. Not yet,” Amy explained. The rest of the group were looking at her oddly as Mina secured the chains to her hand.

“I need someone to slap her,” Amy said after a moment.

“Wh-what?” Lita stuttered. Even Mina was now looking at the princess as though she had grown another head.

“I said I need someone to slap her,” Amy repeated.

“Yeah we heard you the first time but why?” Raye said in a huff. Amy sighed while squeezing the bridge of her nose.

“Fine, I’ll do it myself,” she muttered. Shockingly, Amy stalked right up to the bound princess, drew back her hand, and before anyone could stop her, slapped her across the face.

Endymion made a move to scold Amy but he halted when the Scout of Mercury was thrown back and pinned to the wall. The guys and the rest of the scouts save for Mina and himself, were also facing similar situations.

When Endymion looked down at Serena, instead of seeing a head of blonde hair and tear filled blue eyes, he found a head of bright royal blue hair and amber coloured eyes burning with contempt.

She met his gaze for but a moment before looking at the hands that held her chains. When her eyes twitched ever so slightly, the links broke and the offending constraint disappeared. Mina stumbled back in shock.

“She broke my chains,” she murmured. Next thing she knew, Mina also was pinned to the wall. Serena stood and shifted her eyes from person to person, finally allowing them to rest upon the one that had threatened her.

With a grace no-one would believe possible, Serena stalked over to Amy.

“You dare strike me?” she said harshly. Amy gasped as she felt an invisible hand slap her harshly across the face.

“Who are you?” Zoisite yelled trying to draw her attention from his beloved princess. And draw her attention he did.

Serena turned her blazing eyes upon the one who had spoken. The whole time Endymion just stared at his little princess. She had gone from a cowering little girl to a blood thirsty woman. The softness in her eyes had vanished along with her cheerful demeanour.

Serena walked swiftly to stand before Zoisite. She smirked at him.

“The name’s Celeste,” she sneered.