Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Fairytale Princess ❯ Uh-oh... ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own Sailor Moon. Do you think I would be writing fanfics if I did?

The entire training room was silent as, with baited breath, they processed her answer.

“You invoke my wrath just to save your little princess?” she taunted the blond haired general. Celeste released his chin before slowly walking by each of her captives. She coyly threw different taunts at each of them, finally ending with poor Jadeite.

“Serena-Celeste,” the prince amended himself, “let them go.” Endymion had finally found his voice but he almost recoiled as her eyes turned to him after taunting Jadeite.

“Ah yes, how could I forget. The only one I can’t harm because of this stupid soul mark,” she spat. Endymion stood tall as Celeste approached him. She pulled his head and ear close to her lips.

“If it wans’t for her mark,” she said, “I’d have ripped your throat out by now.” She then released him.

“Then why don’t you do it!?” Raye yelled. Celeste glared at her but didn’t move from before Endymion.

“The mark will kill us both if I do,” she replied. Celeste made a move to walk over to Raye when Endymion grabbed her arm. She spun around to look at him.

Before she could question him, Endymion harshly brought his mouth down upon hers.

Celeste could only stare in shock as he kissed her.

After a moment the prince pulled away.

“Give her back. Give Serenity back,” he told her. Celeste just stared at him before wincing and squeezing her eyes shut.

When they reopened they were a familiar cornflower blue. Sunny blond began bleeding back into her hair, erasing all traces of the previous blue coloring.

Serena was panting as she nervously glanced around. She took in the sight of her friends dropping from their positions against the walls. She also noted for the first time the cuts that were strewn all over their bodies.

The most disturbing thing though was the blood dripping from Amy’s mouth.

Endymion’s cautious voice brought her from her examinations.

“Serenity?” he asked tentatively. If there was still any trace of Celeste in her, he didn’t want to piss her off just yet. Despite her thin reassurance of his safety.

Serena slowly met his eyes as they filled with tears once again. She lunged into his arms and buried her face in his chest.

“What did I do?” she sobbed, clutching at him. Endymion released her arm and wrapped his own around her as she cried. The rest of the group huddled around her shaking form. Zoisite was helping Amy clean her split lip while Nephrite tried to help calm the princess.

The girls for the most part were in shock. Their defiant little princess was sitting there, broken like a twig. Not physically, but none of the girls had ever heard such heart wrenching sobs. Even the men were surprised.

They had only ever seen Serenity full of life and so sure. Now she was cowering away like a beaten dog. When Zoisite finished cleaning Amy up, she placed a hand on Serena’s back, slowly rubbing to try and soothe the girl.

Mina even felt tears slip from her own eyes at the sight. She quickly found herself engulfed in the arms of Malachite but her friends’ sobs still hurt her. Everyone stayed silent until Serena had calmed down.

“Serena, are you okay?” Raye asked the girl. Serena was still standing in Endymion’s arms, with her face buried in his chest. She meekly nodded before looking back at the Martian princess.

“What happened?” she asked quietly.

“We should go somewhere else and discuss this in private,” Malachite offered, loosening his hold on Mina.

Endymion nodded to his general and swept Serena up to carry her bridal style to the library. She squeaked at the movement but didn’t protest.

Jadeite was helping Raye along, since she caught the most of the feathers. She had also sprained her ankle trying to dodge so as much as she hated it, Raye had to swallow her pride and allow Jadeite to carry her.

Each of the generals accompanied one of the girls. Jadeite was carrying Raye in a similar way that Endymion was carrying Serenity, Zoisite had taken Amy’s hand and was keeping her tucked into his side. Malachite had a hand on Mina’s lower back to steer her, not that she needed it and Nephrite had an arm around Lita’s
waist as they walked.

‘When did they all get so close?’ Serena wondered glancing around the group.

Finally they arrived at the library Amy and Zoisite had previously visited. Endymion entered once Amy had opened the doors. He placed Serenity down on one of the couches as the others all settled in too.

Jadeite had put Raye on another chair, Lita had taken a seat next to Serena, Mina remained standing and Amy bustled about.

The scout of Mercury was pulling antiseptic and bandages from her sub-space pocket. She handed some to each of the girls but before Raye could get hers, Jadeite
interfered.

“I shall attend to my lady,” he explained gallantly. Everyone shook their heads as Raye scowled. True to his words, Jadeite then went about cleaning her cuts.

“Now that that’s settled, would one of you please tell me what happened?” Serena interrupted.

“You mean you don’t remember?” Lita asked. Serena shook her head again.

“Would I be asking if I did?” she retorted. Endymion felt a small smile play upon his lips. That was the Serenity he knew.

“I had Mina bind you after our first round of attacks,” Amy explained.

“I already knew that. I meant after you slapped me,” Serena replied impatiently. Everyone remained silent.

“Why won’t you guys answer me?” she asked in a quiet voice. Was what happened really that bad?

“You attacked us,” Raye supplied.

“Raye!” Mina yelled.

“What? She deserves to know. Besides I would much rather her know that when slapped she turns into a homicidal maniac,” Raye yelled back. Her violet eyes shot towards her princess in worry.

“Now you’ve done it,” Lita muttered, earning her a glare from the priestess.

“You mean I tried killing you?” Serena asked.

“No, but I wouldn’t have put the idea past you. But that doesn’t matter. It wasn’t even you,” Mina hastily recovered.

“What do you mean it wasn’t me?! It had to be!” Serena yelled.

“Her name was Celeste,” Zoisite said, ignoring the warning glares he was receiving from Raye, Lita and Mina. “She appeared after Amy slapped you. Your hair turned blue and your eyes were yellow.”

“And she broke my chains,” Mina interrupted. “No-one has ever broken my chains before. That girl has to have some serious power to pull a stunt like that.”

Serena looked to Amy for confirmation and she received it in the form of a nod.

“I think I always knew something was going on with me,” Serena muttered. At everyone’s confused looks she continued.

“I would get angry and then next thing I knew, something bad had happened. Most of the time something just got destroyed, but the worst thing was that I
couldn’t remember,” she elaborated.

“So you really had no idea ho Celeste was?” Mina asked. Serena shook her head.

“No. I…” she trailed off. She took a breath before continuing. “I don’t think anyone who had seen her lived to talk about it.”

“Speaking of which, she said something about a soul mark that prevented her from hurting Endymion. Serena is that true?” Lita quizzed the girl. The group’s eyes
were drawn to Raye as she hissed in pain.

“You big dolt, be careful with that stuff!” she yelled slapping Jadeite up the side of the head. Everyone shot each other knowing looks. All but Serena and Mina who had visibly paled since Lita had spoken.

“Mina, are you okay? You seem pale,” Malachite commented, taking in the Venusian princess’s pale face. She threw a look at Serena who nodded.

“I guess it’s time they knew. I would have liked to keep it to myself a while longer but apparently someone other ideas,” Serena said in a defeated voice. Without hesitation, Serena launched into her explanation.

“I have a soul mark above my heart. I only know about it because it appears when I use my powers,” Serena began.

“But I thought you didn’t know about Celeste?” Jadeite interrupted her. A knock on the head from Raye silenced him.

“Shut up and let her finish,” the priestess scolded him.

“As I was about to say, I have some limited power of my own. When I use it the last of my birthmarks appear,” she finished. Serena called Mina over as she stood up.

“Could you?” she asked gesturing to the back of her shirt. Mina nodded before pushing the back of the fabric up to reveal her birthmarks. The four guys moved to get a better look, each recognizing their own planet symbol easily.

Endymion stood back as they examined her marks. He remembered from before that the two missing ones were her crescent moon and the earth symbol.

Remembering seeing her marks also reminded him of the kiss they had shared.

He still felt a little out of sorts over the way Serena had reacted. Endymion leant back against one of the wooden book shelves as he tried to sort through his feelings.

He knew he liked the girl but something about her was still off. She didn’t act like the princess she was supposed to be. And this whole Celeste character just threw a spanner into the works. He knew that Celeste was dangerous, but he couldn't help but get the feeling that Celeste wasn't so much protecting herself, as she was protecting Serenity. After all, the girl had said that Serena’s soul mark prevented her from hurting him. That means that she cares about Serenity enough to not want her dead. Or unhappy. Furthermore, that meant that his planetary symbol was branded over her heart, indicating her future lover was from his planet. And since Celeste was stopped from hurting him by it, it meant that her future lover was to be him.

That realization sent a shock wave through his body. The one she was supposed to be with was him. Him, the man she had poured water all over and fought with all the time.

“The crescent moon appears on my forehead,” Serena said, pulling the prince from his thoughts. She pushed her shirt back down as the others moved away. As
Endymion looked at the girl before him he realized that maybe being with her wouldn't be so bad. She kept him on his toes and wasn't taken in by a charming smile.

He would have to earn her respect and love. And that was something he was already looking forward to.

Malachite looked thoughtful for a moment before calling on Serena.

“But I thought that Moon royals had their crescent moon all the time? It supposedly comes from the continuous use of their powers,” he mentioned, reciting what his mother had told him about the Moon.

“That’s true but since Serena has Celeste controlling the most power, she doesn’t have to exert her powers all the time,” Amy quickly covered. The group looked a little confused before Raye tried helping.

“Its because most of her powers come from Celeste so she doesn’t need to use-“ Raye began.

“Oh enough!” the subject of their talk interrupted. “I’m sick of all this lying.” Serena then turned to Malachite.

“You want to know the truth? Okay, my crescent moon doesn’t stay present because I’ve never had training. I wasn’t taught to keep my powers dormant. Hell, I wasn’t taught how to walk in heels either. And you want to know why? Because I’m a milk maid that got lucky!” she said, her voice steadily getting louder with every word.

“A milk maid?” Jadeite repeated. Suddenly Serena turned on him.

“Yes Jadeite. A milk maid. I had to get up at dawn every morning to go buy bread from the bakery. I spent the whole day cleaning and looking after other people’s kids. I never had my breakfast served to me in bed or on a silver platter.”

“I’ve spent the last seventeen years of my life believing I was nothing more than a subject of a kingdom, but then some guy shows up and the next thing I know I’m taken from my home, my friends and dropped into a castle. Then I’m expected to be someone I’m not and live a life I don‘t understand!” she yelled. Serena then took a deep breath to calm herself.

Endymion slowly picked his jaw up from the floor. That explained why she didn’t act or seem like a princess. She wasn’t. Now he was second guessing himself.

“Serenity, you shouldn't have done that,” Mina said, using her formal name to try and convey how serious this was.

“Yes, you’re right. Serenity shouldn’t have, but Serena did. I’m sick of lying and trying to be someone I’m not. Now if you’ll excuse me, I'm going to my room,” Serena said. With that she left the library and made her way back to her room.

Before any of the guys could question the scouts, they all stood, Raye included, with the help of Lita, and left the room also. The guys sat dumbfounded for a moment. Suddenly the past few days flashed through Endymion's mind. The brash attitude, the ignorance of castle ways and the audacity she showed when dealing with him. She wasn't being offensive (most of the time), she was just dealing with her situation the only way she knew how. It still irked him that these women had lied to him though.

“Why do you think they kept it a secret?” Zoisite asked, eventually breaking the silence and drawing everyone from their musings.

“I don’t know,” Endymion said, shaking his head, “But I intend to find out.”