Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Fairytale Princess ❯ Final Preparations... ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don’t own Sailor Moon. Would I be writing fanfics if I did?

--------------------------

A cough from behind the couple had them jumping apart to find Lita standing there with a sly grin.

“Yeah, close,” she said mockingly. Serena just rolled her eyes.

“Was there something you wanted Lita?” the princess asked. The grin on her face only grew before she replied.

“Your father, Artemis, wishes to see you,” she said. Serena nodded before turning to Endymion.

“I have to go but I will send Molly to organise another room for you if you want,” she said. The prince just nodded. He had informed her that he needed a new room because of Giana. Serena stood and kissed him on the cheek before following Lita from the gardens. Endymion watched them go before also heading into the castle. He would go and collect his things now, so that when Molly arrived he would be ready to go.

--------------------------

Glass smashed against the stone wall of the bedroom as Giana fumed. She had heard that little discussion between the two lovers and it made her sick. So Endymion wanted to spend the rest of their lives together, did he? Then she’d just have to make sure the princess didn’t live past tomorrow night. An evil smirk made its way across her face as she entered the secret passage. She knew she was earlier than expected but she just couldn’t wait to wipe that sickly sweet smile off the princess’s face.

Finally reaching the bottom of the stairs, Giana pulled the vial from her pocket. She hoped the few drops of blood would be enough. Walking over to the crystal it began swirling with red smoke again until the woman appeared once again.

“You’re early,” she commented. Giana nodded.

“The sun has set though,” she replied. The woman seemed to ponder this for a moment before nodding also.

“Very well. Did you get the blood?” she asked. Again Giana simply nodded and held up the vial. A sinister chuckle came from the woman before she smiled maliciously.

“All you have to do is drop that blood onto the crystal,” she instructed. Giana did as she was told and stepped back.

The crystal table top began hissing and bubbling as though it were being burnt. It began glowing black and a large gust of wind erupted, leaving Giana with no choice but to cover her face. She looked back over when a loud crack resonated through the room. There, where the crystal and table had stood, was the very woman that had been trapped within it. The wind died down and the hissing stopped.

“You have done well,” the woman said. “I promised to return him to you. And return him I shall,” she added.

“Of course, milady,” Giana said, unsure of how to address the woman before her. Now that she had a clearer view of her, Giana noted that her eyes were actually a light blue rather than the dark blue she had initially thought. There were also three crescent moons on her forehead.

‘She has to be royalty if she has those,’ Giana thought to herself. Only the Moons Royal family had crescent moons.

“My name is Queen Nehelenia,” she corrected her. Giana nodded as Nehelenia began walking back up the stone steps. She quickly fell into step behind her. As the two women entered the room, Nehelenia looked it over before turning back to Giana.

“Well, where is this man of yours?” she asked impatiently.

“Um….” She trailed off, not knowing what to say. Nehelenia just sighed.

“I have something I have to take care of so if you want him back I need to do it n-“ she was cut off by someone knocking at the door. Stepping onto the balcony and closing the curtains, Nehelenia allowed Giana to open the door. To her surprise, Endymion stood there.

“Endymion, can I help you?” she asked casually, trying to keep the smile from not only her voice but also her face. She stepped back and allowed him to enter the room.

“I just came to collect my things. Princess Serenity has organised another room for me to stay in,” he replied. Giana nodded despite the fact his back was to her. Nehelenia silently slipped from the balcony as he turned to face Giana.

“I have agreed to escort you to the banquet tomorrow but after that, our relationship and contact is over,” he informed her. Again she just nodded, while trying not to look at Nehelenia. When he turned around once more, Nehelenia was standing right in front of him.

“So you’re the one she is so desperate to keep,” she mused looking him up and down. Endymion narrowed his eyes at the newcomer.

“Who are you? And what are you doing here?” he asked, with a serious tone. Something about this woman just screamed dangerous. She laughed at his questions.

“I am Nehelenia, Queen of the Moon,” she replied. Endymion scoffed.

“You’re not the Queen. Serenity’s mother, Selena, is,” he said. Nehelenia’s eyes darkened for a moment before she smirked.

“Not for long,” she said. She then held up a hand and a blast of dark energy shot at Endymion. The prince was knocked back as the energy flowed into his body. Giana stepped back against the wall as she witnessed this. Nehelenia shot more dark energy into the prince’s body as he leant heavily against the wall. Endymion started to glow an eerie black colour before it settled and the energy stopped. He then slumped forward to the ground. Giana rushed to his side to find him breathing heavily.

“It is done,” Nehelenia said. “He is now yours. He will live only for you and any memory or feelings he had for the princess have been completely erased,” she added. Giana looked at her until she finished before looking back down at Endymion. He shook his head before looking up at her.

“Now, I must leave. I have something to take care of but rest assured, I will return for the banquet,” Nehelenia said, drawing their attention. She then waved a hand and disappeared. After she left, Giana helped Endymion to his feet.

“Are you okay, Endy?” she asked him. He nodded before looking her in the yes.

“Giana, I’m sorry. I must have been feeling faint,” he replied. She simply shook her head.

“I’ll get you some water,” she said, as he sat down on the side of the bed. She was just about to walk away when Endymion grabbed her wrist. The next thing Giana knew, she was being pinned to the bed as Endymion’s lips claimed hers. She was startled for a moment before she responded full heartedly. This was, after all, what she wanted. He pulled away slightly to whisper something.

“I love you,” he said. He then kissed again with just as much fever.

Little did either of them realize, at that exact moment, someone had opened the door to the chamber. They were too wrapped up in themselves to notice the brown haired woman with wide eyes. She silently closed the door and leant against the wall. A hand covered her mouth.

She had only come to escort Prince Endymion to his new room, and she ends up finding him betraying her princess. Molly had seen them together and how they treated each other, so why would he suddenly betray her like this? Shaking her head, she began walking. She didn’t really have a destination in mind as she fought with her conscience. Should she tell her highness? Or not?

--------------------------

Serenity thanked Lita as she showed her to Artemis and Rini’s room. The little pink haired girl was sitting on the bed while the older man was looking out the window, with his back turned to her.

“Artemis?” she called. He turned sharply to look at her before his features softened. However, before he could say anything, Rini had launched herself into Serenity’s arms.

“Hi Serena,” she exclaimed happily. Serena just smiled down at the girl as she picked her up. She shifted her weight onto her hip as Artemis walked over. He placed a hand on Rini’s head as he smiled warmly down at her.

“Rini, could you be a good girl and go find the Sailor Scouts for me?” he asked. She bit her lip for a moment before nodding. Serena put her down and she rushed out the door. The princess just shook her head as Artemis closed the door once more.

“What did you want to speak to me about papa?” she asked after a moment.

“I just wanted to ask a favour of you Serenity,” he said, taking a seat in a rather large armchair. “I’m getting old. And Rini is not yet old enough to take care of herself, so I was hoping that, if your mother allows it, you could take her in? She already looks up to you like a big sister and she has no other family,” he said sadly. Serena listened and couldn’t help comparing Rini’s situation to hers. They both had no-one when they were younger and Artemis had taken them in, raised them and been the father they needed, so to hear that he was considering the end brought tears to her eyes.

“I…” she choked back a sob. “I will,” she said after composing herself. A soft smile played over Artemis’s lips as he closed his eyes.

“I knew I could count on you. You always were the most caring and kind person I had ever met,” he said. Serena was about to question him when a knock at he door interrupted her. It pushed open to reveal Raye, Lita, Amy and Mina with Rini in the lead.

“I found them,” she stated proudly. All of them entered the room as Serena wiped her eyes. Artemis asked Rini if she would go down to the kitchens and have some dinner while he spoke with the girls. After a suspicious look she finally agreed and left.

“Well at least she’s onto you,” Lita said with a chuckle. Everyone nodded until Artemis spoke again.

“I asked you to come here because I have a feeling something bad is going to happen,” he said, immediately snapping the girls to attention.

“What do you mean?” Amy asked. Artemis sighed before explaining.

“I don’t know. I just have this feeling in my stomach that something bad is going to happen. I just wanted to ask you to protect my daughter. From anything or anyone that might try to hurt her,” he almost pleaded. None of the girls wasted any time in assuring the man that they would protect Serenity with their lives. He was happy to hear it. Once they had all left, Artemis walked back over to his window.

“I’m sorry, my lady. I have failed you,” he said to the night.

--------------------------

Molly sighed as she walked into the kitchens. She had given herself a headache trying to decide whether or not to tell the princess about what she had seen. She found Luna there instructing the cooks about the food choices for the banquet. Watching how the older woman seemed, despite her first appearances, to actually care for the servants, Molly decided to tell her.

Pulling the older woman aside, Molly asked Luna if she cared about the princess.

“Of course I do. Although we may not have gotten off to the best start, Serenity is a lovely girl and I am proud to work for her,” she said, with a slight blush. “Why?”

“I saw something earlier, that I’m afraid will break the princess’s heart if she knew,” Molly said cryptically. Luna nodded for her to continue so she did. “I went to uh… take Prince Endymion to…um his new room but… when I… opened the door….” She trailed off. Luna was getting a little impatient.

“What?” she asked. Molly took a deep breathe before speaking again.

“He was kissing that Lady Giana and I heard him tell her he loves her,” she finished hurriedly. Luna stayed silent for a moment before anger built up in her eyes.

“How dare he?! Why that little…ugh I am going to tear his throat out,” she fumed. Molly hastily tried to calm her down but she was having none of it. “How could he do that to her?!” Molly just shook her head. That was the million dollar question. How could he do that to her?

--------------------------

Serenity, meanwhile, was completely oblivious to everything else going on. She was currently sitting in her room, running a brush through her hair when something appeared in her mirror. She whipped around to find herself face to face with herself. Although the other her had blue hair and golden eyes.

‘This must be Celeste,’ she thought.

“Right you are, your highness,” the figure said. She didn’t exactly look solid but she didn’t seem like a hologram either.

“How did you do that?” she asked, knowing she hadn’t said anything aloud earlier. Celeste just smiled.

“I can read your thoughts because we are one,” she said. “Two halves of the same soul,” she added. Serena just looked at her confused. “We are the same person. I am you, just as much as you are me. We share the same body so our souls have bonded.” Serena was getting really confused with the way she kept talking cryptically.

“Can you cut the cryptic stuff and tell me why you’re here? The others said you only appear when I get slapped,” she said. Celeste smiled at her impatience.

“Alright. I’m here to warn you that not everything is as it appears and you are in grave danger,” she said seriously. Before Serenity could ask her what she meant, Celeste disappeared.

‘What was that all about?’ she thought as she changed into her sleeping clothes. Pushing the warning aside, Serenity was looking forward to tomorrow. The girls had agreed to go out into the village with her to find dresses, while Jadeite, Malachite, Zoisite and Nephrite had said they were going to help Endymion, and themselves, get fitted for their own tuxedos. Rini had also asked to come with the girls and, being the softie she was, Serena just couldn’t refuse. So the girls had agreed to meet early so as to have the entire day to find a dress.

--------------------------

Later that night, as everyone slept, Endymion was tossing and turning in his sleep. He kept seeing visions of a woman in white as she was devoured by a dark cloud. He could also see himself just standing there as it all happened. For some reason, he couldn’t figure out why those scenes made his heart stop and make him feel as though life wasn’t worth living. His eyes snapped open as he woke up. He was sweating and his chest was aching.

As he looked to his side, he could clearly see Giana, illuminated by moonlight, but he just couldn’t place why it didn’t look right. Or why he was wishing it was someone else lying there. Shaking his head, he stood from the bed and made his way out onto the balcony. He looked up at his home planet, the Earth. It looked so beautiful from the Moon. Suddenly something nagged at his mind and he heard himself speaking in what appeared to be a memory.

‘There's a legend on Earth that if two people kiss at the exact moment the sun slips below the horizon, they'll be together forever…’ he shook his head to clear away the voice. He didn’t know where he had said that but nevertheless something told him it was important. Running a hand over his face, Endymion sighed and headed back inside. Hopefully he could sleep now without those weird dreams bothering him.

--------------------------

The next morning, Serena was awoken by someone jumping on her. She cracked an eye open to find Rini smiling down at her.

“Come on lazy bones. Time to get up,” she said, emphasising each word with a hefty jump. Serena groaned as Rini jumped on her.

“Okay, okay. I’m up,” she said. Rini giggled once before racing from the room. Serena shook her head as she climbed from the bed. She then heard someone knock on the door. She looked up to find Molly standing there.

“Oh hey Molly,” she said with a smile. The brown haired woman, well girl actually, nodded and walked in to help the princess dress. As she was pulling a comb through her long hair, Molly felt like throwing up. She wanted to tell the princess about what she had seen, but it would no doubt cause her great pain. Luna had told her that she was right and letting the princess find out about this wouldn’t be a very good idea. Molly had argued that it was better she found out now, but Luna just said that if she asks them specifically, they cannot lie to her. Until then, she was to keep quiet.

Finally pulling the brush away from her task, Molly stepped back to allow the princess to adjust her own hair. That was the one thing she had asked Molly not to do. She said she liked her hair in the way she wore it herself. So Molly agreed not to change it.

Standing from her seat, Serena was about to dismiss Molly when she looked at the girls anxious face.

“Hey Molly,” she said, drawing the girls attention. “Would you like to come into the village with us today?” Molly’s eyes widened.

“But my duties, your highness,” she responded. Serena juts shrugged.

“You look upset about something. A day out will help get your mind off it,” she said. Molly was about to refuse when she doubled back. Maybe this could help put her mind at ease.

“Okay,” she said, nodding. Serena then ushered her from the room, told her to go change and then meet them in the hall.

As Molly left, Serena walked the other way down the hall. She saw Endymion in one of the halls she passed but refrained from calling out to him as Jadeite, Malachite, Nephrite and Zoisite appeared. He was probably busy and she was already late to meet the girls, so, gathering the skirts of her dress, she walked faster to the hall.

--------------------------

As Endymion and the other Generals began walking towards the castle tailor, Nephrite hung back a little, brow creased with concern. Something seemed off this morning. For example, when he had gone to fetch the prince, he had been in the room he shared with Giana. Had he not told them all that he was going to ask Serenity to organise him a new room? If so, why was he still sleeping in there?

Shaking his head, Nephrite pushed his concern away. There probably wasn’t a spare room anyway. They had most likely all been made up for the guests that were going to arrive later that day. Catching up with the rest of the men, they all entered the tailors to be fitted for their tuxedos.

--------------------------

Downstairs, in the hall, Raye impatiently tapped her foot as they awaited the arrival of Serenity. Her slender arms were crossed over her chest as she waited. Amy was standing just to her left, Mina was sitting on the bottom of the steps and Lita was leaning against the wall. Rini was sitting next to Mina as the group stayed silent. All were wearing simple travelling dresses for they agreed that the palace dresses were too constricting. Finally the shuffle of feet could be heard as Serenity came walking down the stairs, with Molly in tow.

The maid bowed before they walked outside. A carriage awaited them as they exited the doors of the castle. One by one, the women filed in and with a sudden lurch, they were off.

When they arrived in the village, all the girls, minus Serenity and Rini, were awed by the amount of people bustling through the streets. The group followed Serena as she led them through the maze of people. Finally arriving at a quaint little shop, situated just beyond the main streets, the blonde princess entered and held the tingling door open for the rest of them. A young looking man with long brown hair rushed out to greet them, while he tied his hair back in a low ponytail.

“Good day ladies. How may I help you today?” he asked them. Mina, Lita and Molly had been admiring the dresses in the windows until he spoke. Before any of them could respond, the man had almost squealed and smothered Serenity in a huge hug.

“My dear Serena, it’s so good to see you again! How have you been?” he asked excitedly. She smiled as the others just watched on.

“Good. But my friends and I are actually here to acquire your unique services,” she replied. He winked at her before turning to the rest of the group. He mentally counted up.

“So, seven ball gowns I’m guessing?” he said, turning back to Serena. She simply nodded and he clapped his hands together.

“Okay then ladies. We have much to do and very little time,” he said. Serena stepped up beside him to speak also.

“Guys, this is my friend Taiki. He’s a brilliant and one of a kind designer. Not to mention tailor. He’s going to make us all individual gowns for tonight’s banquet,” she said with a chipper tone of voice. The girls just nodded as he led Lita into the back of the shop. She looked a little confused before Taiki closed the curtain behind them.

“Is she going to be okay back there?” Amy asked worriedly. Serena just nodded and waved her off.

“Of course. I’d trust Taiki with my life,” she said. She looked over to find Raye, Molly and Mina all looking through different racks of dresses. Mina suddenly found one and bounded into one of the changing areas Taiki had put up. She drew the curtain across and quickly changed. When she came out, there were various calls of “Nice,” or “Nah,” from the other girls. Shrugging, Mina marched back behind the curtain to change back.

Soon all of the girls, Rini included, were trying on various dresses. They would make funny poses in the more…decorative dresses, which would send the rest of them into a fit of laughter.

A little while later, Taiki stepped from behind his working curtain to address the girls.

“I give you, Jupiter,” he announced pulling back the fabric. There stood Lita in a gorgeous green dress that was floor length. The skirt was a beautiful jade green with a lighter green mesh overlay, while the top was a similar colour to the jade. The straps, which were dotted with emeralds, rose to tie behind her neck leaving her back and shoulders bare. She posed lightly with a huge smile on her face.

“It looks great Lita,” the rest of the girls were quick to agree. She went back in to change while Taiki stole Raye from the seat nearby.

“Your turn,” he said. Raye entered behind the curtain just as Lita stepped out, her dress in her arms. A small boy came out and took the dress from her so as to wrap it. After chatting aimlessly for a few minutes, Taiki once again stepped out.

“I give you, Mars,” he said. When he pulled back the curtain, Raye was standing there in another beautiful dress. It was a sleeveless, satin looking material that shimmered with the light. The straps went up and over her shoulders normally but crossed once they reached lower on her back. The bust area was beaded with small rubies while the skirt was loose and floppy after her waist.

It suited her perfectly. With a suddenly shy smile, Raye went back to change as Taiki this time snared Mina. Once again, the boy took Raye’s dress as she came back and went to wrap it.

Eventually, Taiki, as usual, came out to present his creation.

“I give you, Venus,” he said proudly. Mina stepped out in another floor length dress that was strapless, like Raye’s. It was a golden colour with a thin line of topaz beads running along the bust line. The skirt was made up of layers that wrapped around her form to end up covering the next but gathering at her hip. The back of the dress was like a corset.

With an exaggerated twirl, Mina went to change and Taiki, this time, took Rini into the back.

When Taiki came back this time, Rini was right behind him. She looked just as good as the rest of the girls had. She had on a stunning pink dress that flittered down in layers until the skirt touched the ground. It had two puffs as sleeves and a delicate beading pattern all over the skirt and top. She bowed clumsily with a big smile until Taiki told her to go and change.

After changing, Taiki captured Amy and took her to be fitted. Rini’s dress had just been wrapped when Amy came back.

“I give you, Mercury,” he announced. Amy shyly stepped out in a sleeveless all over beaded dress. It had beaded spaghetti straps and the back of the dress dipped low, but not indecently low. The skirt was also beaded but with tiny aquamarine stones this time.

The girls have whoops and cheers as she blushed. Once she had changed, and her dress had also been wrapped, Molly asked Taiki how he had done the dresses so fast.

“Actually that was partly my doing,” Serena admitted. “I sent a letter to Taiki requesting a dress for myself, but then I asked if he could possibly make ones for the girls as well.”

“But how’d he know about Rini?” Mina asked. This time Taiki was the one to speak.

“I had that dress stored away for ages but no-one was ever interested in buying it and I refuse to sell a dress to someone it doesn’t suit. When I saw the little one I just knew it would look perfect on her,” he answered, throwing a kind smile to Rini.

The group talked a little more until Amy noticed that it was almost noon.

“Come on guys, we have to go and get ready to start greeting the guests,” she said. Each of the girls bid Taiki a farewell and slowly began piling from the shop. Serena was about to be the last to leave when Taiki grabbed her arm. He handed her a package, none to similar to the ones the other girls were carrying, with a smile.

“I hope you like it,” he said. Serena just smiled and gave him a hug.

“I’m sure it will be perfect,” she replied. After saying goodbye, she then joined the other girls as they headed back to the carriage. With yet another lurch they were on their way back to the castle. And a mountain of trouble.

-----------------------