Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Fumbling Towards Esctasy ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fumbling Towards Ecstasy

By Devon Masterson-Bond

Aoi37@hotmail.com

Chapter 5

"Your girlfriend is a vampire," Nephrite announced before picking up his glass.

Zoicite shook his head. "She didn't turn into a bat, she turned into a wolf. Anything she should be werewolf."

"First of all vampires are shape shifters, they can become animals, mist, or a human form," Nephrite answered. "Second you came to me with answers and then question me. If you don't like what I have to say then tough your girlfriend is still a vampire."

"Fine, she's a vampire. Why didn't she burn up in the sunlight?" he asked.

Nephrite looked thoughtful for a second. "You said that the wolf jumped

out of the closet. Her wolf form must be the only way she can survive in the sunlight."

"You're serious?" Zoicite asked incredulously. He was having trouble accepting the situation despite how much it actually made sense. "There are no such..." his sentence trailed as Nephrite held his hand up and produced a small ball of energy.

"I never told you or the others, but we have survived two life times together. The details are still unclear to me, but in every life time we come together and our fates are intertwined by four others." The energy dissipated and he stood to his feet and paced Zoicite's living room. "I have been having visions four shadows surrounding us, one of the shadows revealed herself and last night I saw her in the club. She literally fell into my arms."

"And you were going to tell us when?" Zoicite asked.

Nephrite smirked ironically. Finally someone was ready to listen. "I have talked all of you on some scale many times," he answered. "Everyone tells me to calm down."

"Well let me be the first to say I am sorry," Zoicite replied.

"Don't patronize me," Nephrite snapped.

"I'm serious," Zoicite said. He stood to his feet and ran his hands through his hair. "If she's a vampire, why didn't she kill me. I was sleeping right here on the couch, she could have killed me and I would've never known." He began pacing the floor as well.

"Obviously she was not hungry."

"I need to see her again."

"Out of the question," Nephrite said quickly. He stopped in his pacing. "We don't know what we're dealing with, I expect the woman I met last night was a vampire as well. She seemed to have a affinity towards electricity which I have as well."

"You failed to mention that," Zoicite snorted.

"You didn't ask," the brunette replied.

"I want to know more about our past lives," Zoicite said, "I think there's a connection between us and what's going on now. I feel like I am being drawn into something."

Nephrite snickered. "This may take awhile."

5-5-5

"…and with the formation of the Multigem Conglomerate we can become more of a financial powerhouse," Beryl finished. She stood and walked over to Darien.

He sighed as he tried to maintain his patience. "Beryl, I think I have been more than tolerant of your little game to keep me here."

A crimson eyebrow raised innocently. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't insult me," he replied annoyed. "I'm sure you know why I am here."

Beryl sat down and crossed her legs thoughtfully. "What does the almighty council decree this time?"

"You are a member…"

"No, you were a member of the council," she corrected. "They never saw eye to eye with us and you sold yourself to them." Her anger managed to creep into her voice making her eyes shine with an unholy light. "They never understood our ideals," her pupils stretched into large slits as her iris widened, "yet and still you left me for her."

Darien narrowed his own eyes. He knew she was testing him to see if he had weakened living in harmony. He brandished his fangs and hissed at her. "I am still an elder," he threatened.

Beryl pulled back. Though the oldest of the clan after Darien, she was not an elder, but what she lacked in power she more than made up for in tatical imagination. This was the reason why she had been by Darien's side, the reason he once loved her. She turned away. The pain was still too close to the surface. "I see the pampered life has not weakened you temperament."

"Your presence is mandatory at the next council meeting," he replied simply. "No more games. No exceptions."

Beryl glared her forceful acknowledgement. "Get out of my sight," she said angrily.

Darien turned on his heel only too glad to leave. His mission was accomplished and he could get home to his wife. Before leaving he checked himself in the mirror, the base that he applied to his skin before leaving seemed to be holding up. He had anticipated Beryl delaying him and was prepared.

Once Darien was gone, Beryl looked towards Leucian. The blonde had been silently standing in the corner the whole time. "I want the council followed and I want details of their activities."

"The council?" Leucian asked.

"They have become entirely too jumpy lately and I want to know why," she answered.

"Yes, my Lady," he replied then left the room to delegate her latest task.

Beryl yawned as the door closed. It was quite late, but she had no desire to go home. All that awaited her was loneliness and her memories. She needed a distraction to pass the time.

5-5-5

Lita yawned as she walked down the stairs of her flat. Her sock covered feet reached the bottom step when she heard the scratching sound that woke her up in the first place. "Who's there?" she asked grumpily. She walked over to the door and leaned against it. There was no way that she was going to lift the peephole cover and look into it in broad daylight.

"Who's there?" she repeated. She sighed when she heard only the scratching noise. "If you can understand what I'm saying, there's a doggy door around the back in the kitchen. I'll be waiting for you in there." She stepped away from the door.

"There had better been a good reason for waking me up," she mumbled as she walked away. Once she reached the kitchen, her eyes widened at the midnight blue wolf stood pulling a leatherish looking sack through the doggy door. "Ami?" she asked.

The wolf made a muffled barking sound then turned around once her burden was through the small portal. She dropped the small package then shifted into human form. "Hi, Lita," Ami greeted sheepishly.

"Hi," she smiled and threw an apron towards her friend. "So where have you been?"

Ami flushed and she tied the apron around her. "It's not what you think. I was..."

"So you're telling me that you were not out all night with a guy?" Lita asked putting her hands on her hips.

"Well...I..." her sentence trailed as her cheeks grew even more crimson. "It was not what you think. I... he took me home."

Emerald eyes widened. "Did anything happen?" she asked grabbing Ami's shoulders.

Ami shook her head. "He was a gentleman actually....but he knows about me."

"What do you mean? You didn't bite him did you?"

"No, I woke up alone and the sun was shining through the curtains," Ami explained. Lita gasped as she saw fading red marks on friend's shoulder and arm. "I jumped out of bed without thinking and ran into the closet. Of course before I could get out, he came in with breakfast and knocked him to the ground. I was so embarrassed..."

Lita wrapped her arms around her friend. "So why do you think he knows about you?" she asked in a soothing voice.

"He called me by my name and without thinking I responded."

"Why would he...how would he..."

"I don't know." Ami shook her head and pulled away. She ran her hands through her hair. "He just knew."

"Okay," Lita said calmly, "but it's possible that he doesn't know anything."

"Anything is possible," Ami sighed. "I'll have to see him to make sure."

"I guess we both have some cleaning up to do," Lita said moving over to the kitchen table. She pulled out a chair and sat down just before motioning Ami to do so well.

"What happened?"

Lita shook her head and chuckled. "I thought I was chasing you and a group of guys going into an alley," she answered. Ami's eyes widened. "But when I got there I found a bunch of rogue Alphas getting ready to…"

"I get the picture," Ami interrupted.

"But there's more," Lita replied. She reached for a nearby plate of cookies and offered Ami some. Ami took one and nodded for the brunette to continue. "They were about to come after me when someone made wall of fire and fricasseed them."

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. But it was in hot in there. I checked to make sure the girl was safe then got out of sight by jumping onto a building. That was when I saw him," she finished somewhat dreamily.

"Saw whom?" Ami asked slightly annoyed. It was not the time to fall in love. They were endangering the masquerade that they all worked so hard to keep. This was the exact type of situation that the Iotas were putting everyone in when they got out of hand.

"Nephrite," Lita replied. Her lips curved into a smile as her voice took on an almost schoolgirl like quality. "At first I didn't realize it was him. I was never that close to him, but later I realized it was him. He's even better looking in person. Film does not do him justice."

Ami sighed and touched the bridge of her nose. "Lita."

"I know. I know. This is not the time to get a crush and all of that. No matter what I think, I can't help that I feel attracted to him. There's something about his eyes…I feel like I've always known him."

"Yes, he was our enemy," Ami interjected as she stood to her feet.

"Neprhite was defeated before I met you and the others," Lita added. "I still feel a connection and I didn't expose myself on purpose. He had been watching me."

"Really?" Ami asked sitting back down. She touched her lips thoughtfully. "You said he created a wall of fire. How did he… did you use your voice?"

Lita nodded. "It didn't stop him. He did seem pissed that I tried." She smiled. For some reason, complicating Nephrite's life gave her pleasure.

"I have to see him again," Ami said suddenly.

"That good, huh?" Lita teased.

"Right now it's pertinant that they don't know about us…at least until we're ready."

"When will that be?" Lita asked. "Ever since we discovered that they are the ones. I've..."

"This is just destiny playing itself out," Ami argued.

"Why are you so dead set against giving this a try? You don't have to be estactic like Mina, but.."

"I don't want someone to love me because Serena said so," Ami snapped. She balled her fists in annoyance as he cheeks flushed crimson.

"It's not like that and you know it," Lita

© 2004 Devon Masterson-Bond

Sailor Moon and all affiliated characters belong to Naoko Takeuchi and a whole bunch people who bought the licensure and what not. I only own the concept and characters that do not appear in the manga and/or series.