Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Fumbling Towards Esctasy ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fumbling Towards Ecstasy

By Devon Masterson-Bond

Aoi37@hotmail.com

Chapter 6

Mina stifled a yawn before reaching for her crimson mug. She basked in the early morning sun. It was another beautiful day and she planned to enjoy it. There was nothing like the feel of warm sunshine on the skin and a light breeze...pure heaven. "I wished I could have woken up beside him."

Her mind seemed to be straying back to Malachite again. It was taking more of an effort to be her normal carefree self than usual. The situation had to be handled carefully, previous behavior demanded.

"You can't hide out there forever," Serena called from behind dark curtains. Mina pulled them back to shade the inside of the conference room before going out onto the terrace. She knew she would be alone on the terrace at least until Artemis or Luna came to fetch her for Serena.


"I am not hiding," Mina called, "I am working on my tan. You should come out here the weather's fine."

Serena narrowed her eyes as she reached for a jar of concealer. "Very funny," she grumbled as she began to apply the contents on her face and arms. Once she finished, she checked her reflection, everything appeared to be in order. She walked over to the curtain and stuck her arm out. A shaft of sunlight filtered across her and out of instinct she flinched, but no burning sensation ensued. "I'm coming out," she announced as she stepped outside.

Mina turned in surprise. It was quite rare for Serena to come out in the day. "This is a surprise."

"I do like to get out some times," she smiled. "It reminds me of how things used to be...now give me details."

"Serena, I don't..."

Azure orbs widened then narrowed suspiciously. "You've told me about every guy you ever dated and you're holding out me with Malachite?" She rubbed her chin thoughtfully and started to circle the other blonde. Mina flushed slightly, but tried to look annoyed as Serena kept "Mmhming" as she circled. "You like him. He's nothing like you imagined
and you're ready to be serious now."

"What are you talking about?" Mina asked incredulously. "This is stupid."

"Mmhmm, I'm right," Serena smiled as she danced around in excitement. "You know he's the one. This is great!! I hope the others are going well too. I just know this was a good idea."

"Don't make more of this than it is," Mina warned.

"So am I going to get the details or not?" Serena asked grinned.

"I..."

"Serena, I can't you believe you set me up like that," Rei broke in as she walked outside. Her eyes flashed as she stalked over to Mina and Serena. "Do you know that jerk tried to seduce me? Like him kissing me was going to make my panties drop!"

Serena turned towards Rei losing interest in Mina. "He kissed you?" Serena asked excitedly. "That's great!"

"Serena," Rei's voice warned as her eyes narrowed.

Serena put her arms around Rei and hugged. "He just has rough edges, but think about how much fun you'll have breaking him. He would have to see you as equal."

A smile crossed Rei's features. Wiping the grin off Jadeite's handsome face would be a fun pursuit. He thought he was so smart and he could have anyone. If he wanted her, he would have to work for it. Oh and he was going too! "Don't think that passing this off as a challenge is going to win me over." Serena shook her head innocently.

"I would never do anything like that," she smiled and hugged the ebony haired girl even more.

"Mmhmm," Rei sighed suspiciously. She knew she had been suckered.

Serena pulled away from Rei and looped arms with her and Mina. "Let's go inside and get this stuff off. It makes me itch," she sighed then giggled. "I am so happy for you two. I hope Ami and Lita are working out well. This is like a soap opera."

"You just like theatrics," Mina teased.

"Absolutely," Serena smiled as they walked through the door. "I think...Darien!"

He opened his arms and smiled as she broke away from the two girls and rushed into his arms. He closed his eyes as he held her. It was good to be home. "Serena," he sighed into her hair as he held her.

"I'm glad you're back," she whispered pulling away to kiss him. "The mission was a success."

Darien nodded and affectionately touched the beginnings of a swollen belly. "She will be present at the next meeting. "

"Welcome back," Mina coughed as she and Rei did their best to give the couple a little privacy.

"Mina and I will be around," Rei replied simply and grabbed the blonde by her hand then rushed out of the room. "I am going to check up on Ami and Lita."

Mina nodded. "I wonder if anything interesting happened."

"Ami was pretty drunk last night. Some times she surprises me how she lets things get to her," Rei commented.

"Not everyone will just blurt out their feelings," Mina sighed pushing the button for the elevator.

"I don't blurt them out. I have tact. I just don't believe in leading people on with euphemisms and candy coating. If they're wrong I will let them know it."

"You're a ball buster," Mina chuckled as the doors opened for them to go inside the elevator car.

"If I were a ball buster then I would said something about your plan to seduce Malachite and how you should not further sacrifice your reputation on him." Rei raised an eyebrow. "But since I am not then I only say you are wasting your time."

Mina's eyes narrowed as the door closed. She pushed the button on the floor. "And I suppose you pushing Jadeite away in order for him to want you more and end up respecting you, is a better plan?"

"It's..." Rei's sentence trailed and she grabbed the walls of the downward traveling car for support.

"What is it?" Minas asked rushing to her side.

"I had a vision, but it wasn't clear," Rei answered straightening. "I need to do a fire reading."

"I'll come with you," Mina replied.

Rei raised an ebony eyebrow curiously. She knew the blonde was deathly afraid of fire as were the others. Fire was her element and she was always more alive when she was near it. "Really?"

Mina nodded. "Nothing will happen to me it is just the fire," she admitted.

Rei smiled then swayed again. An image of Lita and Ami was strong in her mind. "Something's wrong. We have to get to Ami and Lita."

"Are you sure?" Mina asked as the doors opened and they walked out into the lobby. "Why now?" she muttered while picking up the pace.

"…This is like a soap opera."

Both women stopped in their tracks as the same thought shot through their heads. "She did it again," Rei sighed.

"Well we've dealt with it for the last 400 years we can deal with it for the next," Mina said simply. "Let's just hope that it's all in our heads."

"Let's go to the temple," Rei suggested as they stepped out into the morning sun. She looked around in disgust. Centuries of living in the dark caused her to develop a hate-fear relationship with the day. Mina was the only one not affected by it. The blonde sported a tan in the summer while the rest of them maintained their usual pale alabaster tone. What would she not give to swim in the ocean and lay on the beach for hours without worry that the liquid would burn her like acid or that her concealer would lose its chemical properties after so many hours….minutes. This was not the destiny that she signed up for. If only she had her powers now, she would stop…she would stop what happened.

"Rei?" Mina asked curiously as she shook her friend gently. "It's okay, you have coverage."

"Huh? I'm fine," Rei replied stalking off.

Mina sighed. She knew what the ebony-haired girl had been thinking. They all had been blessed with great power, responsibility at the expense of others. But what could they do? There was no turning back now and then there was the future. It was true that no time path was set in stone; their current lifestyles told then that. "Rei, you don't think the hunters?"

Rei turned around immediately, her eyes flashing. "You and I both know that as along as they don't have a reason they will not come after us. Everything will be fine. I am sure I am just over reacting."

"You don't have to jump down my throat," Mina replied. "I think Jadeite will be just what the doctor ordered." She smiled at the thought of them both chasing each other trying to be the conqueror. It was poetic justice.

"I don't need a man to complete me," Rei replied as they started on their way again.

"True, but you do need to get laid. You're turning into a maid," Mina teased.

"I'll have you know…"

The two friends continued fighting as they mixed in with the crowd going to and fro. Leucian stared at the two curiously from a comfortable distance. He wondered how the two elders managed to be friends for so many centuries. They were immature like school girls. As fruitless as the conversation seemed, he did pick up a tidbit of information. "Hunters…."

6-6-6

"This is stupid," Lita sighed as she and Ami weaved in and out of traffic.

"I know," Ami groaned from behind her. "I couldn't think of a better plan short of killing them.

"We should have tried to use our powers again," Lita suggested. "Maybe even throw something at them, but now running away."

"We both know our powers don't seem to affect them and we don't need an unexplained death on our hands. In fact that's the last thing we need. Cleaning up after the Iotas and fledglings is enough."

"I know, but I'd rather fight then tearing down the highway with my tail between my legs," Lita moaned then looked into the rear view mirror of midori colored Ninja.

"Did we lose them?"

"I think so," Lita replied, "but it doesn't matter they know where I live."

"We'll have a plan by then," Ami assured her as Lita steered towards an exit. "Where are you going?"

"We might as well, have some fun while we wait it out," Lita replied,"and I don't know about you, but I could use something to eat."

Ami nodded. There was not exactly a whole lot they could do besides, she did miss breakfast. "Well we do need to get out of the daylight; we only have about 20 minutes left."

"Let's see the closest place to hide out and eat is...where are we?" Lita looked around. "We're in Shinjuku."

"Lovely," Ami sighed being in the heart of Iota territory was not how she wanted to spend the day.

"We'll be fine. Not all of the Iotas are like Beryl," Lita reminded her.

"You're right," Ami sighed. "How can we improve interclan relations, when we avoid them like the plague?"

"Good because there's a place that I've been a couple of times," Lita smiled. She revved the engine and headed down town.

Ami nodded. She did not care where they were going at this point as long as she could get some where to think. The situation was getting too out of control. "I just need to eat and collect myself then I can… we can face them."

"Here we are," Lita announced as they pulled up beside a spa. Ami blinked, had she been that deep in thought? "This place has good food and a great massage. But first we eat." Lita grabbed Ami's arm before she could say anything and pulled her inside of the building. A friendly receptionist smiled as they entered.

"Lita-sama, welcome back. How can we help you ladies?"

"Hi, Yoko, we would like lunch in Green Tea Room and massage," Lita smiled. "Is Shinji here today?" Yoko nodded respectfully. "After lunch I would like Shinji and Yusuke to assist us."

Yoko smiled. "You and your friend must have a lot of tension today."

"Lots," Lita smiled as Yoko motioned for them to follow her down the hall.

"What are you planning?" Ami asked through gritted teeth.

"Relax, nothing like a handsome man and good massage to ease tension, besides if we're going to hold up somewhere we might as well have fun." Lita winked.

"Mina's have an affect on you," She scolded.

"She introduced to me to this place," Lita smiled. "Relax, Ami and stop being a prude. It's just a massage not a one night stand."

Ami's eyes softened. She had been uptight lately…ever since she saw Zoicite. He seemed to be popping up everywhere in her life and she kind of…liked it. It was all disturbing.

"Your server will be right with you," Yoko replied as she ushered them into the Green Tea Room.

Ami smiled at its quaintness. The room was made to look like a garden with lust foliage and stoneware. It was equipped with artificial sunlight. She could see why this room would be Lita's favorite. Their lives did not allow them to spend long periods in the sunlight without protection and protection only lasted but so long. This place was perfect. "This is beautiful."

Lita smiled then turned to Yoko. Her smile faded as two figures stood in the doorway behind the short woman. "Ami," she called gently causing the blue haired woman to turn around, "Guess who's coming to lunch?"

© 2004 Devon Masterson-Bond

Sailor Moon and all affiliated characters belong to Naoko Takeuchi and a whole bunch people who bought the licensure and what not. I only own the concept and characters that do not appear in the manga and/or series.