Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Funiku Inosensu ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Funiku Inosensu = Tainted Innocence

***
Chapter One:

A loud peal of thunder boomed across the night and a young blonde winced and whimpered at the sound. She was getting home late from a day out with her boyfriend and glared furiously at the sky. "You could have waited till I got home," she growled at it as she shook her fist at the heavens.

A bright flash filled the sky then the girl's ears were filled with the sound of the accompanying thunder. She yelped and ducked into an overhanging alley for shelter as the rain came down in torrents.

A large bang startled her and she turned to peer into the dark alley as a trashcan lid rolled slowly to her feet. She attempted to peer into the sheer darkness of the alley but she couldn't make out any distinguishing features from it at all. She wondered if she should take her chances in the rain when she noticed something odd about the lid. There was a strange pinkish liquid slowly draining from it and onto the ground by her feet where there was light.

She swallowed nervously before slowly pinking the lid up as alarm bells rang through her head. Something wasn't right here… She brought the lid up for closer inspection when she heard a rustle coming from the alley. Her hands strayed to her brooch and she took a deep breath. 'It's just a cat…'

There was a soft gurgling sound and then silence. Ignoring her urge to run for safety, she slowly took a step into the dark alley. She didn't trust herself to speak as she repeated her silent calming mantra and she took another step into the alley.

Unlike what she had believed before the alley wasn't entirely dark. As she took yet another step she noticed an old street light barely illuminating a pile of smelly garbage stacked to block the rest of the alley. More than a little intrigued and ignoring her nose wrinkling in protest she gently moved the bags out of the way and slipped through a small hole.

As she finished climbing through the hole the girl was forced to rub her eyes as she was assaulted by a stronger version of the dim light. As she blinked and attempted to adjust from the pitch black she noticed something odd. It was no longer silent.

The sound of something dripping onto the ground had caught her attention. She tensed and slowly turned before coming face to face with something out of an old horror flick.

He didn't really seem that much older than her. He had memorizing red eyes with pink highlights that she just couldn't turn away from. Silvery hair caught the falling rain and created a sensual picture, as instead of being plastered to him it only seemed to highlight his features. He was embracing a dirty brown-haired boy whose soft blue eyes were sightless. Something about the boy set off an alarm bell in her mind but she forcibly pushed it to the back of her mind to analyze later. A small wound in the boy's neck was producing a small stream of blood and even as the girl watched stunned the first boy's tongue darted out and lapped at the liquid.

She would have screamed. She would have attempted to run away. She might have even fainted under normal circumstances. Instead she could only stare. He wasn't what she expected a vampire to look like. For one thing he was too gorgeous. Even with the blood staining his chin. She felt her breathing slow as she continued to stare at the breathtaking-sight without blinking. Against her better judgment she wanted to be held like the boy. She wanted to be bitten and she was repulsed by this new side of her.

Slowly he let his tight grip with the obviously dead boy slip and the body sank to the wet ground. He licked his lips as his eyes pinned her down and he studied her in deep thought. She didn't even realize she had completely quit breathing until he started to turn away.

"Wait," it was barely above a whisper but it seemed to shatter the otherwise perfect silence. He turned his eyes now narrowed and studying her as if she were nothing but another morsel for him to devour. He nodded slightly to encourage her to speak as he took a step towards her his fangs glistening with blood and rain.

"What…you can't be… are you really a vampire?" she finally managed to ask not caring that her thoughts had came out as one jumbled sentence. "They don't exist…you can't be."

He smirked, it was truly a sadistic smile. Before she could ask further questions she realized just how close he had gotten. He had gently grabbed the sides of her head and he slowly tilted her head towards one shoulder to expose her ivory white throat.

"Are you…. Going to kill me?" she softly whispered licking her suddenly dry lips. For some reason she felt the oddest tinge of excitement from the whole affair.

"I'm still hungry, yes," he responded his voice little more than a whisper against the hollow of her throat. She winced in his grasp as she felt two sharp dagger like pains emanate from the spot he had chosen to bite her from. Her body tingled as she felt the pain vanish and be replaced by a feeling between awake and drowsy. She could have sworn she was in a dream as she felt the tongue gently lap at her own blood.

She attempted to get a look at this hypnotizing stranger, but due to the odd position she was forced to give up. Her eyes rolled backwards as she felt his grip change to better support her as she felt her legs give out. Her eyelids which had gotten too heavy for her slowly closed and she relaxed, completely ignoring everything but the strange pleasure she was receiving.

"I…" Her words seemed to startle both of them for he pulled back slightly and eyed her for a long moment. Her eyes slowly opened and she noticed him breathing kind of hard and staring at her throat. "I…don't want…you to leave," she whispered her eyes sliding close once more.

His smirk faltered for a moment and he frowned at her. "You taste like him…" it was mid-way between a snarl and a growl and was the first emotion she had heard in his voice.

"Like, him? You mean… the other boy?" she asked too tired to open her eyes.

"He only looked… But you… you taste like him." His voice had lost the edge and she almost had the feeling he was upset. She struggled against her body's urges and forced her eyes open. She stared silently at him for a long moment and marveled at his emotionless eyes. "It will be dawn soon…" he observed with a frown.

"Are you….leaving?" she whispered as she attempted to keep herself somewhat upright without his hold. "Will I die like that boy?"

He glared at her for asking so many questions why he was trying to think. He studied her for a brief moment before slapping her with enough force to make her lose the battle with consciousness but not completely killing her. In all his hunts he had never found someone that tasted like -him-. He had easily found look-a-likes but never anyone that even came close to tasting. His eyes glinted and he smirked. This girl would bring him what he had sought desperately for so long. This girl would bring him revenge.

**

The first thing she noticed upon waking that she was no longer wearing the same clothes. Instead she was in a pure black outfit that almost seemed molded to her body. She was in a small bed but what really jolted her awake was the realization she was in a cage. She sat up and attempted to break out of the small cell when she felt a shock course through her system originating from her neck. Her fingers slowly crept to the spot and she fingered the odd leather-like collar in confusion.

Outside of her prison there were no other cages like her own. She could only find three distinct colors in the room of blackness. One was the deep blue hue the drapes that guarded the windows from light possessed. The second was a ruby red that colored the red ruffles that hung from an odd single bed.

Sensing something wasn't quite right with her first perception she leaned forward and her eyes widened as she realized instead of a bed it was a black coffin. The only color was the ruffles she noticed and a cover that appeared to be made out of priceless rubies. With a shudder she realized that the odd yet gorgeous vampire was probably lying inside.

She blinked sleep out of her eyes and shuddered. What had she gotten herself into? The fact she was alive hadn't escaped her notice and she wondered just why her unbelievabley handsome captor hadn't killed her instead of obviously dragging her along. It didn't appear to make sense. 'Maybe he's saving me for later?' she pondered not quite liking the feeling she had been reduced to a head of cattle.

She attempted to jerk the rude device off her neck but was treated to an even higher voltage shock than the one before. She winced in pain and let her hands drop as she realized she was stuck. "Why?" she asked softly not expecting or receiving an answer.

As the unnerving silence continued she felt the first signs of unease. Besides her bed there was nothing else in her cell. Her throat ached for water and she was having what felt like severe hunger pains. Her eyes filled with tears of pain and she collapsed onto her bed in a fetal position. She did try to halt her sobs but the pain was too great and soon her cries filled the empty room.

His eyes snapped open as he heard the noise. He scowled and attempted to ignore it but they only seemed to get louder. He made a mental note of the time and slowly rose out of his coffin. The girl was hugging herself and sobbing into her pillow attempting to keep quiet. His eyes scanned her more closely and he mentally cursed. He had gone too far with this one. She was turning.

Her eyes widened in fear as she heard him at her cell door. She attempted to bury her head in her pillow but she was jerked upright by his unbelievable strength. His eyes were as usual emotionless. If her throat hadn't ached so much she'd yell at him for intruding but as it was she could only watch.

His teeth sank into his own wrist and her eyes widened to the size of dinner plates as blood freely flowed from this new wound. Before she could attempt to question him with her eyes he was shoving his wrist to her mouth. She attempted to turn away but with his uninjured hand he grabbed hold of her jowls and forcibly wrenched her mouth open.

The first drop was the sweetest thing she had ever tasted. Her eyes had instantly closed as the pain vanished with just that one taste. Like a nursing child she brought his bleeding wrist closer and held it securely as she lapped at the blood. Her eyes opened to slits as she gazed up at him. His lips were lifted in a snarl of protest but he didn't pull away. As she felt the last of the bone-racking pain vanish she let her hold loosen and finally let his arm go free.

Without speaking he gently licked his still bleeding wound before retreating and locking her cell door. He stared at her one last time as she settled into a deep slumber before he opened his coffin and went back to sleep. All thoughts of the trouble-causing girl vanished as sleep and dreams of him came to his mind.

As soon as she was sure he was asleep she sat up a hand pressed against her rapidly beating heart. She didn't have her brooch on her but she could feel it and the ginzuishou. The powerful gem was even now trying to cleanse her and was causing new waves of pain. This time instead of giving into the urge to cry out she harshly bit herself and focused on the sweet taste of her own blood.

The crystal glowed in protest but as it's owner's body slowly changed it's connection with her diminished until it could only weakly glow. Along with this weakening of the glow came the removal of pain as the gem lost it's ability to heal the young girl. It pulsed slowly as it too began to die.

**

The next time she awoke she realized her captor was focused on the dimly glowing Ginzuishou. He didn't talk to her but she knew he was watching her. She started to open her mouth to say something when he picked up the holy gem. Her jaw dropped and she stared at him stunned as the crystal left him untouched.

"Who are you?" she asked her voice filled with tribulation.

His eyes rose to meet hers their red-depths simmering in hate. "It doesn't matter, who you are does."

She was taken aback by this demand and swallowed somewhat nervously. "Tsukino Usagi…" she answered her eyes once more drawn to his like a moth to a burning flame.

"And this is?" he asked as the Ginzuishou's glow went down another notch.

For the first time since she had met this strange boy her eyes voluntarily slid from his. This however didn't seem to be a reaction that he wanted and if she had been watching him she would have noticed his canines extending past his lip. "Tell me," he ordered his voice gaining an edge of demand.

With great effort she refused to answer his request. "I can't tell you…"

Few had ever defied him before. And of those few all had been made to regret it. "Tell me," he ordered once more his voice almost soft as his eyes sparkled dangerously.

As if in slow motion her eyes slowly returned to his and she realized how furious he was with her denial of an answer. She started to speak then stopped. "What it is doesn't matter anymore… it's dying."

"Dying…" he studied the gem closer his eyes intent on its facets. "It's alive?"

Realizing she may have said too much she declined to answer and turned her head away. "Who are you?" she decided to ask again hoping to catch him off guard and for him to blurt out his identity. However he didn't seem so easily fooled. He glared at her for a long moment for daring to defy him before turning away and leaving her alone in the room.

She blinked startled as she finally got a glance at what her odd captor was wearing. A black cape trailed behind him as he walked and she could just barely make out the underside of it was a deep bold red. She couldn't quite make out what type of shoes he was wearing but she'd bet that his taste ran towards boots. She remained speechless until the stranger had strode out of sight.

Wincing in remembered pain she sat down on her bed with a sigh. What had she gotten herself into? Just who was this guy and how could a vampire exist in this day and age? She closed her eyes and fought tears of frustration. All of this could have been avoided if she would have just ignored her curiosity.

She heard a loud rumble from her stomach and though there was no one around she blushed. How could she be hungry at a time like this? She frowned faintly as an odd scent wafted to her nose. Her stomach rumbled in response to the odor and her frown turned thoughtful. It smelled familiar…

A short scream echoed through the small building and Usagi shivered in fear. What was going on? She started to call out to see if everything was all right with her captor when she realized the scream had been more feminine. Puzzled she attempted to open her cell and gasped, as she was once more shocked. She winced and rubbed at her sore throat as she scowled at the bars. "You can't keep me like some animal!" she objected in what she thought had been a yell but what ended up more like a whimper. Her throat was too parched to speak above a whisper.

She slowly quit attempting to scream at him and let her head sink to her pillow. She felt something odd pressing against her lips and she gently ran a finger over them and froze when she felt her two extended canines. 'No…' she closed her eyes and attempted to fight the hysteria.

She couldn't be a vampire… Could she? She had pegged the Ginzuishou dying because she had been touched by something unclean but the truth was much worse. It had died because she had died. She was officially an undead, and she realized with a startling wince that she was hungry.